Should Bush be Impeached?

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Should Bush be Impeached?

I really am wondering what the right answer is. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the idea. I mean, all I want to see is the Dems be constructive. We already know Bush is a dumbass and a liar, so what will prosecuting him for it do? I look at an impeachment as a national distraction rather than something constructive. Would it be mostly about revenge, or would it be something more useful to the average American like myself?

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think he should be.

I don't think he should be. Just because he's made a couple of bad decisions? Every president makes bad decisions.

I agree that it would be an unecessary distraction. Impeaacing him would just bring Cheney into power anyway. I am really not a fan of Bush, but I would almost rather have him up there then Cheney.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
http://www.impeachbush.tv/arg

http://www.impeachbush.tv/args/
I was trying to learn more of his offenses and found this link. Now while some may not believe he should be impeached, I do understand Cheney would not be a great alternative. But there should be some sort of example made of him to perhaps insure these abuses aren't taken lightly. Honestly I feel like the American public is absolutely helpless against the tyrants that have taken over. Frankly the world seems to be helpless against these warmongers.

Tomcat wrote:
what will prosecuting him for it do?

It would set a standard. A line not to be crossed in the future. It would be like if I left my oldest son to babysit my younger one and came home to find the younger one hurt. I wouldn't be letting him babysit for a very long time. (This is an example, not anything that ever has happened yet). Impeaching Bush is not revenge. I want to make that clear. He has done things that merit this action.

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
He should be shot. So should

He should be shot. So should most other politicians. Not that I'm volunteering.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it would be a huge

I think it would be a huge distraction. Technically, he probably deserves it, but I don't know how much good it would do for us as a nation.
The pointless proceedings against Clinton are proof of this. There was so much time and effort being put into it that we were completely neglecting important issues (such as the rising threat of terrorism).
Our government has a lot to take on right now. I hope that the president and congress are willing to work together to make some positive progress for a change. I know this has become a cliche, but they really need to start putting the partisanship aside and start comming up with some plausible common-sense solutions.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's a lesson in here...

There's a lesson in here... Compare and contrast...

Take this guy named Sadaam Hussein. He was a dipshit who did some pretty crappy things, including invading another country that hadn't attacked his country. He was directly responsible for a large number of deaths, and indirectly responsible for many, many more.

There was also a man named Kissinger. He was a dipshit who did some pretty crappy things, including invading another country that hadn't attacked his country. He was directly responsible for a large number of deaths, and indirectly responsible for many, many, many more than Sadaam Hussein.

Want to compare and contrast? When you're working for the most powerful country in the world, you get to be a dipshit. Not only that, you get to tell everyone that your version of Dipshittedness is the correct version, and that the whole world ought to be just like you -- or else you'll kick the shit out of them.

When you're not the biggest dipshit, you get hanged for being a dipshit.

I know the analogy isn't perfect, and that Laos and Vietnam don't exactly compare perfectly to the middle east, but in the broad scheme of things, it's not that far off.

So, the moral of the story? Impeach Bush or not? Who gives a fuck. He's a big dipshit who's never going to pay for his dipshit actions, and impeaching him is the same as flogging him with a wet noodle.

Oh, and the other moral to the story, just in case you missed it... Believe in the fucking lord Jesus Christ and Casper the Friendly Lug-Nut, or God will kick the shit out of you! Why? Because Christianity is freaking HUGE and the pope is one of the most crazy powerful people on the planet, so suck on it!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism