The Collapse Of Atheism

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just searched for more by

I just searched for more by the guy who did this documentary and found the site....

http://www.harunyahya.com/

BTW, my favourite part of "The Collapse Of Atheism" remains the fake flames inserted at the beginning. Especially over John Lennon's face. I actually yelled, "JOHN LENNON!?" and started laughing. Then my boyfriend came out and started laughing too. Good times, good times.

ROTF

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
The movie starts off with

The movie starts off with multiple straw man fallicies.

According to the movie, the Big Bang proves that atheism is wrong as the universe was created. No, it proves the Bible story of creation is wrong. Smiling

I also find it funny how these true belivers in god and other delusions like angles, hell, the dead rising, etc. try to ally their beliefs with science. Science proves atheism is wrong, is the main idea of the film. What a hoot!

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Just plain stupid.

Just plain stupid. wtf

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote from the

Quote from the website....

"With his theory of evolution, Darwin sought to apply this philosophy of selfishness to the natural sciences. Ignoring the examples of solidarity and cooperation created by God in nature, he maintained that all living things were engaged in a ruthless struggle for survival. On the basis of no scientific evidence whatsoever, he even claimed that this same ruthlessness applied to human societies. When his theory of evolution was applied to human society, social Darwinism appeared on the scene. Darwin's erroneous statement that the weak and powerless need to be oppressed, backed up by his unscientific theory, is one of the main factors behind the spread of inequality and injustice."

MAIN FACTORS!!!? Wow this is nuts.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Charles Darwin never said

Charles Darwin never said people needed to be oppressed. "Social Darwinism" wasn't his creation.

Jussi K. Niemelä
Jussi K. Niemelä's picture
User is offlineOffline
Exactly! It should be called

Exactly! It should be called "social Spencerism" (because it's based on Herber Spencer's thoughts).

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
Has anyone noticed a trend

Has anyone noticed a trend in believer rhetoric (at least temporarily) away from evolution? In the last 2 weeks alone I have run into at least a half dozen people who argue for god using the big bang.

I'm not surpirsed by the temporary shift of focus given the drubbing that ID took in Dover. I was just wondering if others have noticed a similar trend.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
It is probably the new

It is probably the new argument although it probably isn't that new. Here is a question that might stop this little argument. Does the big bang state everything was created at one point or that everything was at one point and formed into what we now know the universe to be?

http://www.big-bang-theory.com/ this site says there was nothing, but they go on to "prove" god exists Eye-wink

I poked around the site and it looks like there is a network of sites with a bunch of websites about god.

Faithless1981
User is offlineOffline
In response

Have you guys seen the rest of that site! Even the little video about evolution, saying that we have found 99% of all the worlds fossils, and none of them are transitional. I mean, how badly do you want to believe something that you will straight up lie about the opposition. And Darwinism is charged with causing great atrocities, etc. I would laugh at the abandonment of the truth if it wasn't so scary that people follow this stuff.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
The following is my reply to

The following is my reply to this film, if you're on youtube you should see my comments:

Um this does not prove god nor atheism is false...

My reply is long is pretty much a review of this film. My view might reflect the views of other atheists, but I will only speak for my views alone, not theirs.

This video even states that the big bang is talking about how all matter was existing at one point, but then it says that it somehow means that matter came from nothing. Way to strawman.

It goes on to say the universe is set up to produce life. Really why is earth the only known source of it?

Evolution is not ‘unproven’, I find it extremely odd anyone could say or believe this.

The video cleverly words the idea that we have not created living cells from inanimate matter. He did that because we have created proteins from matter, which is what leads to those living cells.

Life too complicated to have not been designed? Wow he should have done more research then. I have seen and read things that address all those claims. The ID movement is a joke and gets a slap in the face every time it tries to take hold in the public arena.

All the stuff about Freud is the argument of happiness. Being happy with a lie doesn’t make any more true. Religion is a placebo, nothing more.

I shouldn’t really be surprised communism was brought up, but I was. Communism is basically trying to create a utopia, but forgets about how people can be selfish, lazy, greedy, and corrupt. The forms that cause the most problems were trying to control people and since religion offers a resistance to there control they would want it gone. These negative effects were not caused by atheism, but the want/need to control people. All this comes from a demonization of communism and since atheist are godless what could be worse in a religious world?

Atheist Nazis? Where did he get this? Social Darwinism? Didn’t Hitler even say he thought he was doing what god wanted? If anything didn’t they use religion as a tool for there own gain? Is there any proof they are atheist besides the claim and the fact they did bad things? A claim and bad things aren’t proof for a person being atheist...

Hippies are evil? HIPPIES?!?!? These people are the poster child of peace and freedom in its most extreme form! The ones who used drugs did so in trying to discover knowledge, why they thought this would give them that I don’t know, but religions have tried the same kinds of things in the past. Most hippies are spiritual in some way so I don’t know how he can call all of them atheists.

BTW the idea of no god is mostly formed from a lack of evidence then anything else, this whole thing is based on a strawman.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Charles

MattShizzle wrote:
Charles Darwin never said people needed to be oppressed. "Social Darwinism" wasn't his creation.

exactly....the xtian right uses always tries to smear the line between natural selection and social darwinism. Pisses me off to no end. There was this prick fuck xtian right ignorant asshole kid that went to VCU a while back who would walk around with a T-Shirt that says Darwinism is Racism, why teach Racism in Schools?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, sure, people took

Yeah, sure, people took drugs to 'gain knowledge'-- and I used to drink vodka because reading the stuff on the back of the bottle helped me learn Russian. :ROTF:

Voided
User is offlineOffline
ever heard of that thing

ever heard of that thing where they try to "expand" their mind?