Xianity's bloody history

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Xianity's bloody history

I wonder if xianity's bloody history has anything to do with today's current christian : non-christian ratio.
I know they've been "docile" of late, but does anyone else see similarities between islam and young xiananity...a few hundred years old?

Just a random thought I haven't researched yet.

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Interesting. Probably right

Interesting. Probably right - once Christianity got power they forcibly converted or killed anyone who wasn't Christian that they could.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

LouisRepucci
User is offlineOffline
'of late'?!?!

I don't consider the genocide of 6 million jews during WWII that long ago -- nor kosovo, africa, or the middle-east... christians aren't 'docile'... if they could, they would subjugate all of us non-believers. Christian Fascism is alive and well, my friend.

Logos Invictus,

--Louis Repucci

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
OOOO I didn't think of that

OOOO I didn't think of that in my early morning, random thoughts.
I was thinking more of the crusades, inquisition, and witch trials.
But points worth looking into.

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins