Just sitting here, laughing.

lmfao at j00
Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-02-05
User is offlineOffline
Just sitting here, laughing.

I'm going through your website, and laughing. Laughing my head off like a lunatic. I can't help it. I'm not a bible thumping Christian, I'm not an "athiest activist" whatever the hell that is, I'm not agnostic, I'm not hindu, jewish, muslim, wiccan, rastafarian, a scientologist (is that even a religion?) or anything close to the previously stated. I love going to the "Jesus Sites" as this website has so presumptuously decided to call Christian websites. They amuse me, as does this site. I'm pretty damn sure that this post is going to be deleted by the administrators or will get lots of angry commentsw demanding me to leave. Allow me my amusement and open your mind up for a moment to actually hear what I'm trying to say, even if you're only reading this. I understand what you all are trying to do. "If Christians can convert people, why can't we?" I can hear the thought in your head. Eye-wink I have found a philosophy that has suited me just fine, and I think it would really help you to just hear me out.

I think that people should have the right to choose their own religion, and practice their own religion. Sort of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of the American military. I don't ask about others religion and I don't talk about my own beliefs. So when I find websites like this one or the "Jesus sites," they bother the shit out of me. Who are you to judge what others have decided? Why are you so sure that your way is true? Prove to me Jesus existed. Prove to me he didn't. Honestly, I can say that I believe in no God. I believe in karma and that what you do and say affects all of those around you. Let people make their own damn choice! Why cram your beliefs down their throats? Which is probably what I am doing right now. Call me a hypocrite, but I am honestly amused by this website. You think you're right? Convince me. Prove to me that there is no jesus, nothing for me to believe in except my inevitable death and then I will become fertilizer for the world. I have a small tidbit of humor for you: Go to Youtube. looke Up Dane Cook, Vicious Cycle. Then look at his athiest one. Makes me laugh. Christians make me laugh too. Jehovah's witness visited me the other day. Please people, let the world live in peace. Do you know how many wars have been caused by religion? How many fights, arguments, debates, and general illwill caused by all this damn fussing about what we should believe?

So, that's about all I have to say. Sorry for disturbing your website and yelling at you. I have no religion. You think that being athiest isn't a religion? What is your belief? That there is no god, jesus, whatever? Then that belief is your religion. If I ever hear someone tell me again that they have no religion because they are athiest, I will punch them in the face. Unless it's via chat. then I'll mentally punch them in the face. So that's all the derrogatory, spiteful, yet insightful comments I have for you. Do with it what you will.

Peace out.


shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
Posts: 1859
Joined: 2006-12-26
User is offlineOffline
I guess you were laughing so

I guess you were laughing so hard you missed all the info up here about why there is a need to be outspoken.  Check out Kelly's blog for a start.


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: You

lmfao at j00 wrote:
You think that being athiest isn't a religion? What is your belief? That there is no god, jesus, whatever? Then that belief is your religion. If I ever hear someone tell me again that they have no religion because they are athiest, I will punch them in the face. Unless it's via chat. then I'll mentally punch them in the face.

So "off" is a TV channel and "bald" is a hair colour in your opinion.  Good to know. 

 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I think that people should have the right to choose their own religion, and practice their own religion. Sort of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of the American military.

Only thing is, this policy applies to homosexuality and not religion.  Christianity is highly pushed in many areas of the American military.  There's plenty of posts in this forum with examples if you care to do a search. 

 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I don't ask about others religion and I don't talk about my own beliefs. So when I find websites like this one or the "Jesus sites," they bother the shit out of me. Who are you to judge what others have decided?

Tell that to the jehovas witnesses and other religious people who knock on my door every weekend, those who prostetilize on the street, accuse me of being evil, a rapist etc for simply not believing in their particular fairy tale. 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Why are you so sure that your way is true? Prove to me Jesus existed. Prove to me he didn't.

You can't prove a negative, but if we compare the actual evidence for jebus (as opposed to the falsified or things that are falsly claimed to be evidence), you'll see there's about as much for jebus as there is for any other people in history who are now believed to be ficticious such as King Arthur or Achilles.  We don't believe in them due to a distinct lack of evidence, why should we believe in someone else who has the same distinct lack of evidence?

For more information please refer to the Biblical Errancy and Jesus Mythicist sections of the forum.  Read the threads in there and post any questions you may have in them. 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Why cram your beliefs down their throats?

What beliefs?  It's evidence and proven facts we're pushing as opposed to fiction and fairy tales.  Those cramming beliefs down others throats are the ones who put the 10 commandments outside courthouses which have nothing to do with the rules of any gods but rather the rules of man, "in god we trust" on money that many non believers are forced to use, "under god" in a pledge many non believers are supposed to say etc.  THIS is cramming ones beliefs down ones throats.

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Which is probably what I am doing right now. Call me a hypocrite, but I am honestly amused by this website.

No so much.  I'd say more that you're confused.

 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
You think you're right? Convince me. Prove to me that there is no jesus, nothing for me to believe in except my inevitable death and then I will become fertilizer for the world.

Once again, refer to the Jesus Mythicist Campaign section of the forums.   Yes, I'm well aware that you wouldn't have seen my first mention of it when typing out the lines I'm replying to, I'm just placing this request again in case it was missed the first time you read my reply.

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I have a small tidbit of humor for you: Go to Youtube. looke Up Dane Cook, Vicious Cycle. Then look at his athiest one. Makes me laugh. Christians make me laugh too.

Alas I'm at work (at a private catholic school of all places), I'll have to check out this videos later. 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Jehovah's witness visited me the other day. Please people, let the world live in peace. Do you know how many wars have been caused by religion? How many fights, arguments, debates, and general illwill caused by all this damn fussing about what we should believe?

Agreed. 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I have no religion.

I would say that would most likely make you a deist, agnostic or agnostic atheist.  As for the rest of the paragraph that line came from, I replied to that first as I felt it was the most important thing to cover first. 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
The first proposition you

The first proposition you made which was fallacious was the conflation between any set or system of beliefs or expressed propositions versus a religion. This is called a shifting the goalpost fallacy. As formally defined, a religion is normally a set of beliefs or propositions pertaining to a set of rituals, usually revovling around a diety. You seemed to have got it into your head that holding certain propositions as true or false (God exists etc.) constitutes a religion, and have hence used it in a derogatory fashion. This is a logical absurdity.

Second, you requested a burden of disproof on certain propositions, which is a logical absurdity (an argument from ignorance).

Third, you requested proof by virtue of what will happen to you after you die. Obviously, since you requested proof of a negative proposition, such rhetoric is arguing from ignorance. Nonetheless, the idea that death is the cessation of the conscious mind of the individual is almost certainly true for several reasons. 

Consider, for example, the argument made by some that being that the destruction of matter and energy, of which we are composed, is impossible, it gives credibility to life after death as an idea. Obviously, one does not need to be particularly educated to see what a poor argument this is:

P1: Matter cannot be destroyed

P2: I am made of matter

C: Matter cannot be destoyed

A classic fallacy of composition. It also demonstrates something obvious. The breakdown of Descartes Ontological division punches a hole in the idea of life after death, since the conscious mind depends on the organic workings of the physical brain (there is a necessary supervenience relationship between the two). This being the case, when the brain dies...

Normal 0 false false false EN-US ZH-CN X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

As Paul Drayper put it:

"Consciousness and personality are highly dependent on the brain. Nothing mental happens without something physical happening." Now Michael Tooley, a philosopher at the University of Colorado at Boulder, has stated five lines of evidence in support of this claim. Let me summarize just briefly that evidence. First, when an individuals brain is directly stimulated and put into a certain physical state, this causes the person to have a corresponding experience. Second, certain injuries to the brain make it impossible for a person to have any mental states at all. Third, other injuries to the brain destroy various mental capacities. Which capacity is destroyed is tied directly to the particular region of the brain that was damaged. Fourth, when we examine the mental capacities of animals, they become more complex as their brains become more complex. And fifth, within any given species, the development of mental capacities is correlated with the development of neurons in the brain. Thus, the conclusion that, "Nothing mental happens without something physical happening," seems inescapable.

But if nothing mental happens without something physical happening, that strongly implies that the mind cannot exist independently of physical arrangements of matter. In other words, we do not have a soul. And this is exactly what we would expect if naturalism is true. But if theism is true, then our minds should not depend on our brains for their existence; we should have souls. Also, if theism is true, then God is a disembodied mind; Gods mind is not in any sense dependent on physical arrangements of matter. But if nothing mental happens without something physical happening, that is evidence against both the existence of souls and the existence of any being who is supposed to have a disembodied mind, including God. Therefore, the physical nature of minds is unlikely if theism is true, but what we would expect if naturalism is true.”

Fourth, you argued for a "live and let live" approach. While this may work for certain religious propositions (ones which are not mendacious and pernicious, which most are), for others it will not. However, it is an argument from adverse consequences anyway. My primary concern is that people hold to ideas without good reason and that no intellectual case could persuade them of the converse, and such a mindset is intrinsically dangerous. 

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
For some reason I get the

For some reason I get the sensation that deludedgod hunts houseflies with a bazooka.


gregfl
Posts: 168
Joined: 2006-04-29
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: So

lmfao at j00 wrote:

 So that's all the derrogatory, spiteful, yet insightful comments I have for you. Do with it what you will.

Peace out.

Yet Another post full of ad homs, run on sentences, sentence fragments, misdefined words, contradictions,  and inane concepts meant to 'educate' the people who post here.

 Gee...thanks!

 

 

 

 

 


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
I think Greg's picture is

I think Greg's picture is very apt here.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote:

stuntgibbon wrote:
For some reason I get the sensation that deludedgod hunts houseflies with a bazooka.

LOL!

That is an excellent image. It sums up what I've been feeling about deludedgod's posts. Thank you for that.

On edit: Hey, I just had a thought. Deludedgod needs another badge: Hunts Houseflies with a Bazooka. Smiling

I was also thinking we need a badge for the brain donors who come on to post that we are "just as bad as the Christians" for "shoving our beliefs down people's throats."

It's interesting that, for the most part, they have to actually go out of their way to find our website and views.  Please sir, can I have some more?

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote:I

lmfao at j00 wrote:

I think that people should have the right to choose their own religion, and practice their own religion.

I agree. Religious people should not indoctrinate their children into their religion from birth. Like I was.

lmfao at j00 wrote:

Sort of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of the American military.

Yeah, but if the military does find out you are gay you are kicked out. I was in the military for 6 years and saw a lot of homosexuals booted.

lmfao at j00 wrote:

Who are you to judge what others have decided?

And who are you to judge us?

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Why are you so sure that your way is true?

Why are you so sure that it isn't?

lmfao at j00 wrote:

Honestly, I can say that I believe in no God.

Welcome, fellow atheist!

lmfao at j00 wrote:

Let people make their own damn choice! Why cram your beliefs down their throats?

Like I was by my parents from birth? Whatever. Ignore religious indoctrination. Good game plan.

lmfao at j00 wrote:

You think you're right? Convince me.

You are already an atheist. No need to convince you. Go jerk off or something. We have no need of you.

lmfao at j00 wrote:

Please people, let the world live in peace. Do you know how many wars have been caused by religion?

So you agree that religion is detrimental and harmful to society? Great, join up with us.

lmfao at j00 wrote:
You think that being athiest isn't a religion? What is your belief? That there is no god, jesus, whatever? Then that belief is your religion.

Look up religion in a dictionary. How old are you?

lmfao at j00 wrote:

If I ever hear someone tell me again that they have no religion because they are athiest, I will punch them in the face.

If I hear another person say that being atheist is a religion I will punch them in the face for being a moron.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote:

lmfao at j00 wrote:

Allow me my amusement and open your mind up for a moment to actually hear what I'm trying to say, even if you're only reading this. I understand what you all are trying to do. "If Christians can convert people, why can't we?" I can hear the thought in your head. Eye-wink I have found a philosophy that has suited me just fine, and I think it would really help you to just hear me out.

Um, nope, not me. I don't give a crap what a person believes. As long as they keep those beliefs to themselves and out of my government.

wrote:
I think that people should have the right to choose their own religion, and practice their own religion. Sort of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of the American military. I don't ask about others religion and I don't talk about my own beliefs.

See above, no sense in repeating myself since I highly doubt you'll even be back to read this.

I don't necessarily agree with the whole 'don't ask, don't tell' thing but that's a whole different issue.

wrote:
Let people make their own damn choice! Why cram your beliefs down their throats? Which is probably what I am doing right now. Call me a hypocrite, but I am honestly amused by this website. You think you're right?

Glad you can see that you're being a total hypocrite. And an arrogant one at that.

I don't know if I'm right but I've yet to see anything that shows me a god exists. I'll keep witholding belief until I see something, 'k?

wrote:
So, that's about all I have to say. Sorry for disturbing your website and yelling at you. I have no religion. You think that being athiest isn't a religion? What is your belief? That there is no god, jesus, whatever? Then that belief is your religion. If I ever hear someone tell me again that they have no religion because they are athiest, I will punch them in the face. Unless it's via chat. then I'll mentally punch them in the face. So that's all the derrogatory, spiteful, yet insightful comments I have for you. Do with it what you will.

Peace out.

You didn't disturb me at all. In fact, I get a kick out of people like you who come here and jump all over us shouting accusations when in fact you're doing exactly what you accuse us of.

Normally I try to diplomatic to people like you. But I'm kind of sick of the cowardice that you are exhibiting. And the ignorance. And the arrogance. So, glad you're not coming back. I highly doubt you'd offer up anything of substance anyway.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Laughing My Fat Ass

Laughing My Fat Ass Off     at J00

 

Dont worry, the irony is not lost on me.


lmfao at j00
Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-02-05
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for your opinion,

Thank you for your opinion, and reply. I will go look at what you have recommended me to look at, with an open mind. :]


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: Thank

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Thank you for your opinion, and reply. I will go look at what you have recommended me to look at, with an open mind. :]

I somehow doubt that you will.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: lmfao at

Watcher wrote:

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Thank you for your opinion, and reply. I will go look at what you have recommended me to look at, with an open mind. :]

I somehow doubt that you will.

Well, he came back.  That's saying something.  Perhaps if we gave him the benefit of the doubt he might actually have something decent to say.  Then again, perhaps not.  {shrugs} 

Hey, lmfao - I'm not quite sure why people feel the need to use their first post to aggravate, attempt to offend, generalize and otherwise spew your shit but when you complain about getting nasty posts afterwards it's called a self fulfilling prophecy.

 Just a suggestion - next time be a little more... diplomatic and less inflammatory in your introductory post.  But I have a feeling you know this and you know that by acting like a twatwaffle you'll get a better response. So be it. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Tarpan
Special Agent
Posts: 26
Joined: 2006-06-06
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: Thank

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Thank you for your opinion, and reply. I will go look at what you have recommended me to look at, with an open mind. :]

 

It wasn't all that long ago that I might have agreed with your post. Perhaps not your delivery, but your message. Age has forced me to disagree.

This is a draft version but a couple reasons why I believe that this is a cause worth fighting for:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/why_fight_for_atheism

A battle against religion does not have to do with personal belief per se. If people contained their personal beliefs to themselves, the RRS would have never gone anywhere. THe problem is that it doesn't, which neccessitates opposition.


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori

Iruka Naminori wrote:

 

On edit: Hey, I just had a thought. Deludedgod needs another badge: Hunts Houseflies with a Bazooka. Smiling



shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
Posts: 1859
Joined: 2006-12-26
User is offlineOffline
I think s/he might. 

I think s/he might.  Maybe... Hopefully... At least s/he came back to see that there were replies to the OP.


lmfao at j00
Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-02-05
User is offlineOffline
I did come back, and I'm

I did come back, and I'm back again.

I read the "Why Fight For Atheism" article/discussion (thingy) and I found myself agreeing with several of your points. Although I can honestly say I've never heard of the Canada statement. I admit, I disagree with some things you've said but I've never met anyone who agreed with everything.

I also admit that my first post was inflammatory and that I wanted it that way. I wanted clear, concise responses, and I wanted to make people mad. Well, maybe not mad. I wanted to hear passion in your arguements against me, because I have constant doubts. Is there a God? Is there a religion that is true? It seems to me that if we follow what most religions say (please hear me out) and that is to love one another and respect each other (this is a generalization, please do not panic) I think the world would be a better place. A world without religion would be a better place too, although I am not an atheist activist as people on this site are.

I was also raised on a "Jesus Loves you... blah blah blah... cause the bible tells me so" basis that most (excuse me, many) of us seemed to have been fed from childhood. My mother is a devout Christian and my sister is the most intolerable athiest I have ever met, (No offense intended) in that she screams that her "beliefs" are true and my mothers are not, which causes much dissent in the household.

I am truly grateful for your responses. I have seen much ruder responses on christian sites when I have said basically the same thing, and most of their quotes are from the bible. :] So I am honestly and pleasantly suprised that you provide me with your semi-thesis for why people should fight for atheism.

Thank you for your opinions, I hope to hear more.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3987
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
I used to think as you did

I used to think as you did about religion. Please read Sam Harris' and Christopher Hitchens so you'll know where we are coming from. This site is not the thought police, people can put whatever superstitious ideas into there minds the please. But Christians can not keep their superstitious lies out of government, schools, universities and science.

If you believe society has a role in properly educating children with the most accurate facts about how the universe operates, then you will find religious indoctrination of children to be child abuse. If you find con artists that take advantage of the elderly, poor, sick and mentally ill, you find religion evil as well.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote: Iruka

stuntgibbon wrote:
Iruka Naminori wrote:

 

On edit: Hey, I just had a thought. Deludedgod needs another badge: Hunts Houseflies with a Bazooka. Smiling


<russian accent>with moose and squirrel?</russian accent>

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


lmfao at j00
Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-02-05
User is offlineOffline
Don't the schools teach

Don't the schools teach evolution and the big bang theory as well as include god in the pledge?


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: I also

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I also admit that my first post was inflammatory and that I wanted it that way. I wanted clear, concise responses, and I wanted to make people mad. Well, maybe not mad. I wanted to hear passion in your arguements against me, because I have constant doubts. Is there a God? Is there a religion that is true? It seems to me that if we follow what most religions say (please hear me out) and that is to love one another and respect each other (this is a generalization, please do not panic) I think the world would be a better place. A world without religion would be a better place too, although I am not an atheist activist as people on this site are.

You are coming very close to a trap that many 'atheists in disguise' set up here with this argument.  Just to let you know.  I'm not buying you are a non-believer.

I disagree with your idea that religions are peaceful.  In fact, I tend to think they are rather violent.

Speaking for myself only, I cannot believe in something that I see no proof of.  Therefore, I do not believe in god.  If I see evidence, then I will believe (unless, frankly, it's the Christian god - I'd rather face an eternity of hell than that hypocrite - then again, I would still believe) 

 

If god takes life he's an indian giver


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: Don't

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Don't the schools teach evolution and the big bang theory as well as include god in the pledge?

God in the pledge was introduced in the 50's during the McCarthy years when everyone was afraid of Communism.

You're stretching thin here, lmao.   What's your point?

If god takes life he's an indian giver


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: Don't

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Don't the schools teach evolution and the big bang theory as well as include god in the pledge?

 

Only if its an American School... God only knows how he got put there >.> hehe

What Would Kharn Do?


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: It

lmfao at j00 wrote:
It seems to me that if we follow what most religions say (please hear me out) and that is to love one another and respect each other (this is a generalization, please do not panic) I think the world would be a better place.

That's what they currently teach, but they do not get this teaching from their god or their bible.  This is the issue I have.  They like to steal everything that is good and claim it is from their god and holy books when in actual fact it doesn't.  They re-interperate the words of their holy books, put new twists on them all the time to fit what they want to say.

Take a look at fundamentalist muslims, they are the ones who truly follow the teachings of their holy books.  If christians and jews did as well, all three would be barely distinguishable.  As both of us are most influenced by christians, I'll bring the conversation back to them.  All the christians have done is piggybacked on secular and western societies lead, given all the credit to their god, and fooled most of the population in to believing it by simply repeating themselves so much nobody knows any different.  It's the same thing they do when ever something good happens (e.g. win a prize or quit a bad habbit) whether it's luck or just a lack of tragedy to that person in particular (e.g. survives a car accident that kills/injurs others). 

 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
A world without religion would be a better place too, although I am not an atheist activist as people on this site are.

Not particularly, it just wouldn't be as dilluded a world.  It would be more down to earth, with less fear, and faster advancing science and technology. 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I was also raised on a "Jesus Loves you... blah blah blah... cause the bible tells me so" basis that most (excuse me, many) of us seemed to have been fed from childhood. My mother is a devout Christian and my sister is the most intolerable athiest I have ever met, (No offense intended) in that she screams that her "beliefs" are true and my mothers are not, which causes much dissent in the household.

Maybe she just needs to learn how to better express her thoughts.  After all, most here will continue in saying they aren't beliefs but moreso a lack of belief.  When it comes to history and science, it's evidence and proof as opposed to belief.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


lmfao at j00
Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-02-05
User is offlineOffline
I’m saying that I get the

I’m saying that I get the feeling that people are a little paranoid in thinking that Christianity is permeating our society such that even the schools are teaching Christianity by including god in their pledge of allegiance. I am not against Christianity specifically, but all religions. I think that there is a basis for them, a good one and that since the beginning the ideal of religion has been corrupted by mankind. Now, I do not believe in Muhammad or Jesus or elements. I don’t believe in destiny or fate, or luck for that matter. I think we make ourselves into what we want to be, but there’s always that hope that there is something beyond this life. I mean, is that truly all that’s here? You’re born, you go to school, get a job, produce babies, retire, and die? Is there nothing else? No hope? I think that’s why religion was created. To provide an excuse, a depth to our otherwise dull and pathetic lives. At the same time, I don’t want to believe in anything as fake as religion. So, I guess I’m trying to say that I am confused. I want something to believe in but I can’t believe in something that causes so much hate and preaches about love. It’d be nice if there was a religion that wasn’t hypocritical and didn’t demand that we follow a god. I guess that’s why I like Buddhists. They’re pretty damn peaceful. Feedback?


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
<-- Has personally watched

<-- Has personally watched live vids of Buddhist monks fighting each other over religious sect "disagreements"

 

Of course those were the asian sects, not the new age Americanised hippy-crap version >.>

 

*If you have any doubts about what whether you belong to said "new age Americanised hippy crap version, just think to yourself, when was the last time you trainer with a sword and shield with 49 other people ;-p *

What Would Kharn Do?


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
How's this?

How's this? Smiling


Tarpan
Special Agent
Posts: 26
Joined: 2006-06-06
User is offlineOffline
If you agree with some of

If you agree with some of my points, then you may see a preference for us to be without religion.  You don't have to agree iwth all the points in my entry (the Canada ones are specific to me pehraps beause I am in Canada so Canadians ask me that).

The approach one takes is up to them.  Some people prefer a vocal approach, some prefer a 'lead by example' approach, some prefer a pacifist approach.  All you are seeing here is vocal demonstration and discourse.  The best way to get a message accross to the largest audience is having a wide range of style of having that message delivered.

What a group like the RRS does is draw attention to the issue which has had an inability to find its way out into the general masses of people and has historically been seen an attribute of only the intellectuals.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote:I’m

lmfao at j00 wrote:

I’m saying that I get the feeling that people are a little paranoid in thinking that Christianity is permeating our society such that even the schools are teaching Christianity by including god in their pledge of allegiance. I am not against Christianity specifically, but all religions. I think that there is a basis for them, a good one and that since the beginning the ideal of religion has been corrupted by mankind. Now, I do not believe in Muhammad or Jesus or elements. I don’t believe in destiny or fate, or luck for that matter. I think we make ourselves into what we want to be, but there’s always that hope that there is something beyond this life. I mean, is that truly all that’s here? You’re born, you go to school, get a job, produce babies, retire, and die? Is there nothing else? No hope? I think that’s why religion was created. To provide an excuse, a depth to our otherwise dull and pathetic lives. At the same time, I don’t want to believe in anything as fake as religion. So, I guess I’m trying to say that I am confused. I want something to believe in but I can’t believe in something that causes so much hate and preaches about love. It’d be nice if there was a religion that wasn’t hypocritical and didn’t demand that we follow a god. I guess that’s why I like Buddhists. They’re pretty damn peaceful. Feedback?

I'm not hostile against buddhists.  If they were the worse type of belief system we had, I would not be here.  Nor would this website exist.

But really?  You need hope that you will survive this life?  I will concede that we may.  However we have no real evidence of that.  Hope is something that only living people possess.  After you die, well then, there are no worries, no fears, no nothing.  At least as far as we can tell.

There is so much to be amazed at in this short life.  It's amazing that we exist at all.  Any life, humanity, us as individuals, wow.  So many thrilling things to comprehend.  This life is way too short to take it all in even if I live to be 100.

All your cares and problems will cease with your life.  Don't worry about your death.  Just live while you have this very brief time to experience it.  And let's all try to make everyone else have a pleasant existence too.  Let's laugh and love, and pass away.  No need to worry about death.

Everyone just needs to calm down.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2007-10-29
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: Why

lmfao at j00 wrote:

Why cram your beliefs down their throats?

 

Good evening Mr. Tard.

You've posted almost nothing worth replying to. Everything you're whining about has already been addressed ad nauseum. You stated you were going through our website. Well why don't you do everyone a favor and do a little more reading before posting more of the same old bull shit.

Concerning the few words I pulled out of your senseless rant to quote above. No one here is cramming anything down anyone's throat. YOU decided to come to this website. YOU decided to read very little of what is here. YOU opened YOUR ignorant mouth and requested it be filled and filled NOW. No one here went to your door or anyone's else's door for that matter to cram our "beliefs" down anyone's throat.

We are a community that for the most part believes very strongly that religion is a bane to humanity. We are fairly passionate about our beliefs. But we aren't cramming these beliefs down the throats of anyone that hasn't asked for our input.

You may now fuck off, er, I mean peace out.

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush


lmfao at j00
Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-02-05
User is offlineOffline
First, it's Ms. Tard to

First, it's Ms. Tard to you. I may sound like one, but I am not a male. Thank you.

Second, I am glad you have such a vibrant and vocal opinion. Thanks for that, individual.

Third, I appreciate the comment previous to yours and agree with him, mostly. Last I'm off, my battery is dying.

So, in conclusion, unlike your previous "peace out, er fuck off" statement,

I truly mean it when I say, peace and haha, "God bless" ;] (yeah, I know, lame joke. )


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Your post was rambling

Your post was rambling inanity and a waste of my time. Your confrontational tone is presumptuous and not worth dealing with. I'm writing this, rather than passing over in silence, just to mention how and why your post doesn't merit serious attention.


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote:I’m

lmfao at j00 wrote:

I’m saying that I get the feeling that people are a little paranoid in thinking that Christianity is permeating our society such that even the schools are teaching Christianity by including god in their pledge of allegiance.

Five years ago I used to feel the same way, didn't see it as a threat or something that annoyed me. But the more I learnt about life, cared about the world around me the more things I saw that left me gobsmacked.  Kids being taught that morals come from god (which if it were true would make them laws, not morals) as well as decency.  The creationism myth vs evolution fact debates going on in the US.  Many historical myths being taught as facts and kids not being given the chance to know any wiser.  The leader of the most powerful nation on the planet going to war with a nation because his suggar daddy in the sky told him to.  Our health minister here in Australia blocking the RU486 treatment for no reason other than his religion (his block got overruled by a government majority fortunately).  Our PM cosying up to religious groups here, trying to get pastors in public schools, and taking us in to an offensive war that had nothing to do with this nation.  The list goes on.  All these things caused by religion, and I just had enough.  I couldn't take it any longer and became outspoken about my atheism.

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I am not against Christianity specifically, but all religions.

Ditto.  I was raised as a christian so have the most familiarity and it is christianity that has the biggest negative influence on my life so that is the one I am most outspoken against. 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I think that there is a basis for them, a good one and that since the beginning the ideal of religion has been corrupted by mankind.

This, like many things really could be the subject of it's own thread.  I want to reply but for this reason I'll refrain. 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
but there’s always that hope that there is something beyond this life. I mean, is that truly all that’s here? You’re born, you go to school, get a job, produce babies, retire, and die? Is there nothing else? No hope?

That's quite a pessemistic way of looking at things.  It's also the typical theistic projected version of how we look at things.  If anything, to us this is the only life we have.  This short time on earth is all so we have to make the most out of it.  It makes this time even more special, and gives more reason to do everything we can.

Now I'll project my pessemistic view of the christian outlook on life. You spend 90ish years on earth, then eternity in heaven/hell.  Those 90 years are barely a drop in the ocean compared to the afterlife. 

While on the earth you have to spend your entire time worshipping this meglomoniacle sugar daddy in the sky. You worship the ground MSDiTS walks on, his bodily excretions, anything and everything about him.  You obey his every rule even if you don't agree with it, even if it makes no sense and even though they've changed regularly through the ages.  You watch everything you do and are paranoid at every step.  Your life is in constant fear.  Why?  Because even though "he loves you", if you screw up even the slightest bit you're going to hell. 

That's right, it's a rule through fear.  This hell place he sends many of those he "loves" is eternal punishment of the worst most unimaginable type.

Of course, if you somehow did manage to not only choose the right MSDiTS and the right dance to do (prodestant dance, catholic dance, anglican dance, church of england dance, greek orthodox dance etc etc, there's hundreds of them to choose from) you get rewarded for all eternity in a place that is perfection in itself.  If this place is so good, then what is our current life on earth?  Pretty damned sucky and useless isn't it. 

Pretty damned meaningless existance on this planet if all you dream for and aspire to is this other place.  No reason to look after yourself, your kids, their kids, or anybody's future.

lmfao at j00 wrote:
So, I guess I’m trying to say that I am confused. I want something to believe in but I can’t believe in something that causes so much hate and preaches about love.

There's also deism.  It's belief in a god but without the religious dogma.  It's a nice first step (or for many people, an only step).  Heck, many of the founding fathers of america were deists.  It can't be all that bad.  Do a google search for God vs The Bible, it's a book (and youtube channel) by a deist. 

lmfao at j00 wrote:
It’d be nice if there was a religion that wasn’t hypocritical and didn’t demand that we follow a god. I guess that’s why I like Buddhists. They’re pretty damn peaceful. Feedback?

Why?  What's the point in religion?  As I said before, religion is nothing more than a song and dance.  You must worship our deity this way, you must believe he is these things, you must say these words, you must stick you left foot in, you must stick your left foot out, you must stick your left foot in and twirl it all about. 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
  Hi lmfao at j00, I dig

  Hi lmfao at j00,

I dig your indignation, our world needs improving, too much needless suffering.

Move on from only bitching to helping. RRS people deeply care too. That is why there is RRS.

You are lucky to have discovered RRS. Really friend, read the RRS authors etc, and you will smile and feel the love. You will feel better.

.... and thanks for mentioning the cool buddhists,

To you ALL I say ,

No one is a buddhist, we are all buddhists, we are ONE, good and bad, wise and dumb ! Smile

I love the fun buddhist jokes ....

  


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote:

lmfao at j00 wrote:
I love going to the "Jesus Sites" as this website has so presumptuously decided to call Christian websites.

It's not presumptuos, it's satire.

Quote:
They amuse me, as does this site.

There ya go, now you get it.

 

 

Quote:
I'm pretty damn sure that this post is going to be deleted by the administrators or will get lots of angry commentsw demanding me to leave.

Didn't hit the nail that time, eh?

 

 

Quote:
Allow me my amusement and open your mind up for a moment to actually hear what I'm trying to say, even if you're only reading this. I understand what you all are trying to do. "If Christians can convert people, why can't we?" I can hear the thought in your head. Eye-wink I have found a philosophy that has suited me just fine, and I think it would really help you to just hear me out.

So you agree, hence you're trying to convert us?

 

 

Quote:
I think that people should have the right to choose their own religion, and practice their own religion.

I agree.

 

 

Quote:
Sort of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of the American military.

We don't have a don't ask, don't tell policy on how many people we kill in war. The comparison to religion is similar to that. We respect someones right to be gay without asking because it's part of their genetic makeup. We don't pardon religion the same way as it's a behavior that can be corrected and if left uncorrected will likely destroy civilization as we know it.

 

 

Quote:
I don't ask about others religion and I don't talk about my own beliefs.

Not exactly. You are trying to persuade us on your beliefs now. Ironically you mention in a follow up post that you also do this at Christian sites. Which means you actually take your disagreement straight to the homes of those you wish to "get mad" with your "hypocrisy." Notice I used your own words, which I agree with. In the last year I don't think I've gone to a Christian site a single time to talk about my beliefs.

In your first post you wanted people to get mad, you thought it might help them snap out of it. You are attacking a group of people that in some respects does exactly that. The Blasphemy Challenge could be seen as a project to get people mad to snap them out of it. And as for hypocrisy, well that's obvious to both of us .

 

Quote:
So when I find websites like this one or the "Jesus sites," they bother the shit out of me.

Which is it?

"I'm going through your website, and laughing. Laughing my head off like a lunatic. I can't help it. I love going to the "Jesus Sites" as this website has so presumptuously decided to call Christian websites. They amuse me, as does this site." - you completely contradicting yourself

 

Maybe that "laughing" was a self defense mechanism to shield you from the notion that the god you believe in is false. And the lies you've told about your lack of god belief are merely dishonest ploys to attempt to give your argument more weight. If this isn't you, I apologize, but it fits a pattern I've grown accustomed to knowing well.

 

Quote:
Who are you to judge what others have decided?

As it directly pertains to religion, I am someone who has learned to decide better, and someone willing to impart that knowledge onto others.

 

 

Quote:
Why are you so sure that your way is true?

Because I'm comparing reality to religion. There isn't much of a battle there.

 

 

Quote:
Honestly, I can say that I believe in no God.

Honestly I can say I don't remember a strong atheist framing their atheism like that in quite a long time.

 

 

Quote:
I believe in karma and that what you do and say affects all of those around you. Let people make their own damn choice!

I can go with both of those.

 

 

Quote:
Why cram your beliefs down their throats? Which is probably what I am doing right now.

It is what you're doing right now. So are you prepared to answer your own question? Why cram your beliefs down others throats?

The answer is because.... YOU WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE.

Further, you are acting no different than a teacher teaching a class, or a boss teaching a training seminar. Both parties are merely conveying beliefs that they hold and believe to be true.

There is nothing wrong with such action, but there is something patently stupid about disagreeing with such action as you conduct it yourself.

 

 

Quote:
Call me a hypocrite, but I am honestly amused by this website.

Ok, hypocrite who is honestly amused by this website... can I ask why you said that this site "bothers the shit" out of you? Please be please be very clear about the reconciliation of those contradictions in your position.

 

 

Quote:
You think you're right? Convince me.

Right about what? We already agree... god doesn't exist.

FWIW: I leave open the possibility that there could be a god, I just don't have a belief in one.

 

Quote:
Prove to me that there is no jesus

Start reading:

The Jesus Mythicist Campaign

http://www.thejesusmyth.com/

 

 

Quote:
nothing for me to believe in except my inevitable death and then I will become fertilizer for the world.

Why should I convince you of this? You're presenting yourself to already believe this. You just said you believe there is no god.

Unless of course you are a hypocrite AND a liar.

 

 

Quote:
I have a small tidbit of humor for you: Go to Youtube. looke Up Dane Cook, Vicious Cycle. Then look at his athiest one. Makes me laugh.

You think we don't have a sense of humor? It's been my experience that Christians and religious people have an abundantly harder time laughing at themselves than atheists when it comes to matters of religion. But maybe that's because I attract people with a sense of humor. You do realize this site has extreme amounts of LULZ and was designed that way on purpose right?

 

Quote:
Christians make me laugh too.

Yeah, they're hilarious. Human beings just wasting their entire lives because as children they were lied to. How funny! Hahaha, stupid Christians. They're really funny when they come to my site pretending to be something their not, thinking that we wont figure it out.

 

Quote:
Jehovah's witness visited me the other day.

And here you are, visiting us today... how..... convenient.

 

Quote:
Please people, let the world live in peace.

You gonna make it happen by keeping your beliefs to yourself? The world is not at peace. We need to work towards that. Such action doesn't happen when one is asked to be silent in the face of non-peace.

 

 

Quote:
Do you know how many wars have been caused by religion?

No because I start losing track when I get up to about 30. Although the big ones are easy to remember. The crusades stick out. Also the Pope murdering entire villages of heretics to stomp out any non catholic comes to mind. I remember a few 30,000 person vilages he was said to be responsible for the bloodbath.

 

 

Quote:
How many fights, arguments, debates, and general illwill caused by all this damn fussing about what we should believe?

I don't care how many, all I care about is that it happens. Which is why I must work to stop it. You know, as a caring and moral human? Try it.

 

 

Quote:
So, that's about all I have to say. Sorry for disturbing your website and yelling at you.

No sweat, thanks for coming. I hope you stick around. It's interesting to see people like you operate. I'd like to know what makes you tick. Nice to see the follow up posts weren't so vitriolic. Sorry if I come off as rude, just serving you back in kind.

 

 

Quote:
I have no religion.

No religion and you believe there is no god, but you think there is an afterlife?

 

 

Quote:
You think that being athiest isn't a religion?

No. I know it isn't a religion.

 

 

Quote:
What is your belief?

That you're a lying fraud who has made follow up posts trying to keep the charade going by dodging all the hard stuff and instead only addressing some points that help bolster the notion that you are a nonbeliever who is legitimately interested in the discussion, but you're really not. I also believe that you will likely dodge almost everything I said, including most if not everything of what I said ending in a question mark.

But those are just my beliefs, I could be wrong.

 

 

Quote:
That there is no god, jesus, whatever?

Right, same as you. You said you believe there is no god. I'm in your boat... atheist.

 

 

Quote:
Then that belief is your religion.

No because as you pointed out you "have no religion" and you also "believe there is no god."

Which is it? Are you lying somewhere?

 

 

Quote:
If I ever hear someone tell me again that they have no religion because they are athiest, I will punch them in the face.

Meet me at the next AAI convention. I'll tell you that I have no religion because I'm an atheist. I'll be the guy with the 2 large bodyguards around him ready to fuck up anyone who tries to punch me in the face. Look forward to getting to say hi in person.

 

 

Quote:
Unless it's via chat. then I'll mentally punch them in the face.

Pussy.

 

 

Quote:
So that's all the derrogatory, spiteful, yet insightful comments I have for you. Do with it what you will.

Peace out.

Peace out. Wish this coulda been in person.

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2020.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori

Iruka Naminori wrote:

How's this? Smiling

If dg wants it I'll put it up.  Might take some time and have to come after the site upgrade comes, badges will get recolored.

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2020.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: Don't

lmfao at j00 wrote:
Don't the schools teach evolution and the big bang theory as well as include god in the pledge?

evolution: fact based

big bang theory: fact based

congress putting god in our pledge in the 50's: unconstitutional

pwning a classic theist argument: priceless

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2020.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
lmfao at j00 wrote: but

lmfao at j00 wrote:

but there’s always that hope that there is something beyond this life.

Me personally, I don't hope there is anything after I die.  But if you do, more power to ya.  Fine by us.

Quote:
I mean, is that truly all that’s here? You’re born, you go to school, get a job, produce babies, retire, and die? Is there nothing else?

Other than what happens in your life, give me one good fact based reason to believe that there is anything other than this life.  If you can't then you must agree that there aren't good reasons to believe there is an afterlife and you will therefore abstain from believing in such.

Quote:
No hope?

Distance yourself from that theistic argument you have been brainwashed by.  I hope Kelly has a good night at work tonight.  I hope gets home safely.  I hope my son is safe and healthy, and I hope he does well in school this week.  I hope I can meet all expenses, and I hope I can make a positive impact in the world.  I hope the Eagles win a superbowl at somepoint in my life, and I hope you realize that the argument that there is no hope without god or religion is FUCKING RETARDED!!!

Quote:
I think that’s why religion was created. To provide an excuse, a depth to our otherwise dull and pathetic lives. At the same time, I don’t want to believe in anything as fake as religion. So, I guess I’m trying to say that I am confused. I want something to believe in but I can’t believe in something that causes so much hate and preaches about love. It’d be nice if there was a religion that wasn’t hypocritical and didn’t demand that we follow a god. I guess that’s why I like Buddhists. They’re pretty damn peaceful. Feedback?

This one's really important, sit on it for longer than a post... 

How about believing in yourself?

(at least you know you exist)

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2020.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Subdi Visions wrote: lmfao

Subdi Visions wrote:
lmfao at j00 wrote:

Why cram your beliefs down their throats?

 

Good evening Mr. Tard.

You've posted almost nothing worth replying to. Everything you're whining about has already been addressed ad nauseum. You stated you were going through our website. Well why don't you do everyone a favor and do a little more reading before posting more of the same old bull shit.

For the record, our new analytics super cool doohickey only has him as looking at one topic before she decided to create one.  She looked at a Jesus is a myth thread and posted.  I don't have records from before today though.  We just turned it on. 

It should be noted she created her account tonight. 

 

Quote:
Concerning the few words I pulled out of your senseless rant to quote above. No one here is cramming anything down anyone's throat. YOU decided to come to this website. YOU decided to read very little of what is here. YOU opened YOUR ignorant mouth and requested it be filled and filled NOW. No one here went to your door or anyone's else's door for that matter to cram our "beliefs" down anyone's throat.

I agree with the sentiment, and I filled her mouth.

 

(oh jake, that did not sound right)

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2020.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: Your post

magilum wrote:

Your post was rambling inanity and a waste of my time. Your confrontational tone is presumptuous and not worth dealing with. I'm writing this, rather than passing over in silence, just to mention how and why your post doesn't merit serious attention.

I was just trying to do my part to give us a few pageviews today.  Sticking out tongue

Looks like I got this thread on lockdown.  Damn... like the good ole days at the A.N.

 

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2020.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote: If dg wants it

Quote:

If dg wants it I'll put it up.  Might take some time and have to come after the site upgrade comes, badges will get recolored.

I love it. 

 

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2038
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote: For some

stuntgibbon wrote:
For some reason I get the sensation that deludedgod hunts houseflies with a bazooka.

I would hate to see what he does with rats...nuke the place? 


zntneo
Superfan
Posts: 565
Joined: 2007-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Quote:

Sapient wrote:


Quote:
I have a small tidbit of humor for you: Go to Youtube. looke Up Dane Cook, Vicious Cycle. Then look at his athiest one. Makes me laugh.

You think we don't have a sense of humor? It's been my experience that Christians and religious people have an abundantly harder time laughing at themselves than atheists when it comes to matters of religion. But maybe that's because I attract people with a sense of humor. You do realize this site has extreme amounts of LULZ and was designed that way on purpose right?


Sapient you know they have done studies that have shown watching religious material actually does decrease your ability to laugh at anything. So your expereience seems to have been scientfically proven to be true.