Probably THE dumbest thing a Christian has said to me

kevinm1278
kevinm1278's picture
User is offlineOffline
Probably THE dumbest thing a Christian has said to me

(The following was an actual conversation between myself and a "hard-core" Christian when I mentioned I was an atheist)

ME:  I don't believe in gods.

THEM:  So then you are an atheist?  Atheists are evil and are the work of Satan! 

ME:  Uh, you do know that if I don't believe in gods that I wouldn't believe in the Devil either, right?

THEM:  Well the Devil is not a god.  That's how he is tricking you.

ME:  Okay then fine, I don't believe in any types of supernatural beings, is that better?

THEM:  God and the Devil aren't supernatural!  They really exist!  And the hell that you are gonna burn in exists too!

ME:   Oh really?  Have you physically seen God, the Devil, or hell for yourself?

THEM:  No, but I know they are real because The Holy Bible says so, and it physically exists!

ME:  So you believe everything a book tells you?  Damn.  I hope you never read another book again.

Any of you have similar conversations with religious nuts like this one?  How can such "intelligent" people buy into such bullshit?

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
kevinm1278 wrote: How can

kevinm1278 wrote:

How can such "intelligent" people buy into such bullshit?

Pathological obstinance. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    Quote -

Quote -  kevinm1278  " Any of you have similar conversations with religious nuts like this one? " ~~~

Yep , alot , they are like every where ! .... I try to help them .... I give'em some atheist Jesus/ Buddha to think on .... what else can ya do ???

They don't like science , damn .... ?

, do your best to help them  ....  be kind ....

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: ME: I don't believe

Quote:
ME: I don't believe in gods.

THEM: So then you are an atheist? Atheists are evil and are the work of Satan!

ME: Uh, you do know that if I don't believe in gods that I wouldn't believe in the Devil either, right?

THEM: Well the Devil is not a god. That's how he is tricking you.

ME: Okay then fine, I don't believe in any types of supernatural beings, is that better?

THEM: God and the Devil aren't supernatural! They really exist! And the hell that you are gonna burn in exists too!

ME: Oh really? Have you physically seen God, the Devil, or hell for yourself?

THEM: No, but I know they are real because The Holy Bible says so, and it physically exists!

ME: So you believe everything a book tells you? Damn. I hope you never read another book again.

Wow. How old was this person? Six?

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
I once had a conversation

I once had a conversation with a Christian something like this (I kid you not. And this guy was at least 30 and former Military Police):

So can god make a rock so big he can't life it?

Yes.

Then that's one thing god can't do: lift that rock.

No. God can lift the rock. He can do anything.

But if he can lift it then he has failed to make a rock that he can't lift. And THAT is the thing he can't do: make that rock.

No. God can make the rock and lift it too.

Now I ask, what can you possibly do with someone so willing to revel in blatant contradiction?

Arkanrais
Arkanrais's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't had much

I haven't had much conversations with christians about their beliefs, but the few that I have had, they've shown great cognitive dissonance and a general ignorance of things contrary or contradictory to their
beliefs.

not too long ago I was sitting at my computer reading a list of bizarre and just plain idiotic things listed in the bible and I was laughing out loud at most of it. My mom passed by my room and asked what was so funny and I mentioned the part of the bible about the talking donkey (minus any reference that it was from the bible) and she started laughing aswell and I said "how can people believe this shit?" and she said "thats just crazy" and thats when I mentioned it was from the bible and the smile wiped strait from her face and she started arguing that it really happened to which I replied that donkeys do not have the right vocal chords, throat or moth shape to make anything remotely human sounding. She juist said "whatever" in a slightly pissed off tone (what she does when she knows shes been beaten in a religious argument).

the one conversation I can remember having with my brother was when he said something along the lines of "how can evolution make a horse? I don't know how evolution could make something thats perfect for carrying humans. look at cats aswell, they are perfect for companions. how can evolution design these things. there are so many animals that are designed for our use." my reply was "Well, you are counting all of the hits and none of the misses. how many animals are out there that we cant use? take crocodiles, what can we do with them? theres also hippos, carrion birds, large cats, buffalo, I could go on. If you don't know how evolution made these things then I'd suggest reading a book on how evolution works. the thing is, the animals we use for our own needs weren't created for us, we just saw them as useful for our purposes". he carried on with the "I don't understand how evolution could do X".

I also head a lot, my mom saying "thankyou lord" because it didnt rain, or when the exchange rates stopped dropping and stupid things like that. she was watching hour of power or something like that about a week ago and it had a family on there that wre talking about how one of them was diagnosed with cancer and treated and it was all thanks to god. I said "it wasn't god that got rid of it, it was the freaken' surgeons" to which I got the reply "no, god did it. they prayed and he cured them" so I said "yeah right. if god really does cure cancer and head the sick then why do you still go to ythe doctors and buy medication?". I was met with the "whatever" response again.

I really don't understand how people can get so deluded.

JESTERKING45
User is offlineOffline
I've lived in Tennessee all

I've lived in Tennessee all of my life and i've never heard anything nearly that stupid personally.  The closest thing I can come to something stupid said by a christian in genral has to be "do you know an evolutionists who teach that woman evolved from a rib." Then again I haven't debated any yet.

10101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: the one

Quote:

the one conversation I can remember having with my brother was when he said something along the lines of "how can evolution make a horse? I don't know how evolution could make something thats perfect for carrying humans. look at cats aswell, they are perfect for companions. how can evolution design these things. there are so many animals that are designed for our use."

There is also the question of: Are they really designed for us to use or does it simply happen to fit well given their thousands of years of domestication?

Ever tried to bring a lion into your house to keep the mouse population down?  Doesn't work, huh. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
kevinm1278 wrote: (The

kevinm1278 wrote:

(The following was an actual conversation between myself and a "hard-core" Christian when I mentioned I was an atheist)

ME: Uh, you do know that if I don't believe in gods that I wouldn't believe in the Devil either, right?

ME: Okay then fine, I don't believe in any types of supernatural beings, is that better?

THEM: God and the Devil aren't supernatural! They really exist! And the hell that you are gonna burn in exists too!

THEM: No, but I know they are real because The Holy Bible says so, and it physically exists!

ME: So you believe everything a book tells you? Damn. I hope you never read another book again.

Any of you have similar conversations with religious nuts like this one? How can such "intelligent" people buy into such bullshit?

I wonder if this person believes the following cartoon is real too? 

Anyone old enough to remember when Buggs Bunny and Daffy duck were trying to excape the dopey super dumb Abombidable Snowman|(Super sappy duh? voice)

Snowman, "I have a bun-ee- rabb bbit. I am gonna love him and hug him and squeeze him and I'm gonna name him GEORGE!" 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Does anyone else ever feel

Does anyone else ever feel like they could defend a theist's belief better than 90% of the arguments you hear?

theevolvedone
theevolvedone's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is so sad they have

That is so sad they have been brain washed to that degree. I live in the bible thumping capital of the world.  I'm sure there are people like that on every street corner here.

Doubt is the root of all wisdom. - Unknown

Knowing will come from the practice of understanding - Myself

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
kevinm1278 wrote:  How

kevinm1278 wrote:

It's like ID... how can such an "intelligent" theory be a complete load of crap?

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
kevinm1278 wrote:  How

kevinm1278 wrote:

They are a perfect example of evolutionary divergence.  They just never evolved past a primitive stage.  We have a common ancestor somewhere.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
kevinm1278 wrote: How can

kevinm1278 wrote:

Bullshit is actually very easy to believe if everybody else believes it too.

For most of my life I believed that Abraham Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg address on the back of an envelope while riding the train to Gettysburg. Everybody I knew believed it. It was common knowledge. It had to be true.

Nope. There's no evidence it ever happened. Just more bullshit.

Bulls don't charge at the color red....water doesn't drain counter clockwise below the Equator....George Washington's false teeth were not made of wood......the ostrich does not bury its head in the sand......and Thomas Edison did not invent the lightbulb.

All bullshit.

But see how easy it is to believe it?

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have yet to find any of

I have yet to find any of these religious nuts and speak face to face.(email, different story) 

Most of the believers I run into are somewhat tolerant when they find that I don't believe. The most extreme individual simply was FLOORED that because I was so nice and smiled that I didn't go to church, he tried to recruit me LOL

Kevin you should check out some of Kelly's blogs; http://www.rationalresponders.com/blog/kellym78

You will find more on the 'psychology' of belief Smiling 

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

kevinm1278
kevinm1278's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

I have yet to find any of these religious nuts and speak face to face.(email, different story)

Most of the believers I run into are somewhat tolerant when they find that I don't believe. The most extreme individual simply was FLOORED that because I was so nice and smiled that I didn't go to church, he tried to recruit me LOL

Kevin you should check out some of Kelly's blogs; http://www.rationalresponders.com/blog/kellym78

You will find more on the 'psychology' of belief Smiling

Thanks I'll check it out. 

kevinm1278
kevinm1278's picture
User is offlineOffline
RickRebel

RickRebel wrote:

kevinm1278 wrote:

Bullshit is actually very easy to believe if everybody else believes it too.

For most of my life I believed that Abraham Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg address on the back of an envelope while riding the train to Gettysburg. Everybody I knew believed it. It was common knowledge. It had to be true.

Nope. There's no evidence it ever happened. Just more bullshit.

Bulls don't charge at the color red....water doesn't drain counter clockwise below the Equator....George Washington's false teeth were not made of wood......the ostrich does not bury its head in the sand......and Thomas Edison did not invent the lightbulb.

All bullshit.

But see how easy it is to believe it?

That I do. 

kevinm1278
kevinm1278's picture
User is offlineOffline
RickRebel

RickRebel wrote:

Quote:

Wow. How old was this person? Six?

kevinm1278
kevinm1278's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's interesting how the

It's interesting how the bible demands that you come to God with a "childlike innocence" or that you must "be as sheep".  I guess that's just another way of telling us not to think, but rather just "do".  It's alot easier to control people that don't think for themselves.

Mazid the Raider
Rational VIP!Science Freak
Mazid the Raider's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's amazing how convinced

It's amazing how convinced intelligent people can be that there is a god. My father told me in all seriousness that without god there would be no advances, that there would be no point to science because nobody would bother asking questions like "How do clouds work? What happens if I...". I tried to argue that it was the other way around, that science advances because people don't assume there's a god doing it all, and he came out with "But what would be the point of asking "how" without God?"

I eventually had to give up and try something else. 

"But still I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me!" ~Rudyard Kipling

Mazid the Raider says: I'd rather face the naked truth than to go "augh, dude, put some clothes on or something" and hand him some God robes, cause you and I know that the naked truth is pale, hairy, and has an outie
Entomophila says: Ew. AN outie

TheHermit
TheHermit's picture
User is offlineOffline
kmisho wrote: So can god

kmisho wrote:

So can god make a rock so big he can't life it?

Yes.

Then that's one thing god can't do: lift that rock.

No. God can lift the rock. He can do anything.

But if he can lift it then he has failed to make a rock that he can't lift. And THAT is the thing he can't do: make that rock.

No. God can make the rock and lift it too.

This one's actually pretty simple to unravel.  I don't even believe in God and I can break it in two.  Granted, I don't think this is what your friend was thinking, but it demonstrates how an unsolvable problem can be handled through the use of loopholes.

The solution is thus: God makes a rock as large as the universe.  Every bit of space is taken up by the rock.  The rock cannot be lifted, because there is no space within the universe to change its position.  Of course, God could extend the universe to allow himself to lift the rock.  While the rock is no longer the size of the universe, it still takes up the same amount of space as it did before and God is certainly capable of lifting it up... but if the universe does not have any additional non-rock space for the rock to occupy, then it cannot be lifted.  Thus, God is still omnipotent; he can make a rock that he cannot lift, and he can lift that same rock.

There are numerous problems with "omnipotence" being essentially unobtainable that do not have this pitfall.  In the future, use those instead.

Jason71
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote: Does

shelleymtjoy wrote:
Does anyone else ever feel like they could defend a theist's belief better than 90% of the arguments you hear?

Yeah i suspect i could, though only to the adherent of another religion.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    shelleymtjoy

shelleymtjoy wrote

"Does anyone else ever feel like they could defend a theist's belief better than 90% of the arguments you hear? "

> YES bright one SHELLEY, Absolutely, the best Jesus midrash was atheistic like Buddha , as we atheists are now ....  

, you are very smart Shelley, and so pretty too ....   

---- this is informative, better said, inspiring

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/pagels.html

The Gnostic Gospels --- and Buddha !

Here's some Tom Jefferson interpretation

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/jesus/jefferson.html

Pretty good site, much more in site, "Home" is at the bottom of essays ....

, trust your common sense ....

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
This would've ended in 2

This would've ended in 2 sentences.....because after he'd have said "So then you are an atheist? Atheists are evil and are the work of Satan! "

I'd have laughed for like 5 mins. straight and he'd probably have walked away 2 mins. into that.

Quote:
Religion at BEST - is like a lift in your shoe. If you need it for a while, and it makes you walk straight and feel better - fine. But you don't need it forever, or you can become permanently disabled.

---George Carlin---

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  yeah

yeah FreeThoughtMake... how about "stopping by for a drink" .... we could explore "sin" in every detail pretty one ....

Prophet - JImi Hendrix,  Band Of Gypsys - Message Of Love (Fillmore East 1970)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9f98WJm1hU

love ya ....

WOW JIMI, he talked to me after they claimed he was dead !  no kidding ! as I had my guitar in hand .... he keep saying YEAH that's it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV74PsUo1dc

I still cry missing him .....

bluescat48
bluescat48's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think I could come

I don't think I could come up with the "dumbest" statement by a Christian, they're (the comments) are all rather idiotic.

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
lol.....whaaat? What are we

Embarassed lol.....whaaat? What are we sipping on? lol

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   ... what ever you like

... what ever you like sister, fresh carrot juice is a healthy choice ... I was actually turning orange I liked it so much , I kinda over do things , beer too .... but there's one thing I just can't get enough of ....

I'm way over here in S.Cal but I can feel ya , nice karma, thanks from an old blue eyed devil geezzer, ya got my heart racing , easy on me girl ....    

Religious, Christian to be exact. :D (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hm...

DESTROYED BY MOD

Intangent
Intangent's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you argue with an idiot,

If you argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with it.

That could go the same with arguing with a theist as well. 

Personally, the dumbest thing that I ever heard a theist say was as follows:

Him: The Sun is not a star. The bible says that God made the moon, the sun and stars separate.  

Me: Then The bible is wrong.

Him: How can you say that? The bible is the word of God.  and another thing, how does the constellations work if there is no God? If there was no God, then there wouldn't be any pictures in the sky at night.

Me: That's just coincidence. It's like dropping a box of marbles and making pictures from that.

Him: So, how far away is the nearest star?

Me: About 5.5 light years. It's called Proxima Centauri.

Him: Then it's like dropping a box of marbles, and then having a marble way over at the other side of Canada!

Me: That "Box of Marbles" analogy was not to scale.

Him: Well, then how do you explain stars coming to life? We never see them being born, just dying.

Me: It takes billions of years for a star to be born from a nebula. And after that it varies as to the time till it's death. 

Him: How does the star start from the nebula? 

Me: It gets disturbed from a nearby supernova or, say if the galaxy that it inhabits collides with another galaxy.

Him: But you weren't there. How can you say it starts like that?

Me: No one was there to see the creation of earth according to the bible.

Him: It was inspired by God.

And so on and on. 

"Religion is regarded by the common as true, the wise as false and the rulers as useful"

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
The dumbest conversation I

The dumbest conversation I ever had with a fundamentalist Christian went like this:

HIM: I believe that every word of the Bible is true because it was written by God.

ME: But there's a story in the Bible about a talking donkey. Do you believe that a donkey talked?

HIM: I didn't know there was a story about a talking donkey in the Bible.

ME: Yes. Didn't you go to college to study the Bible to be a minister?

HIM: Yes.

ME: And aren't you an ordained minister?

HIM: Yes.

ME: But you didn't know about the talking donkey in the Bible?

HIM: No. But if the Bible says a donkey talked then I believe a donkey talked.

ME: So you believe that an animal actually spoke a human language?

HIM: Yes. If God said it talked, then it's true.

ME: That sounds fucked up.

HIM: That's offensive to me as a Christian. You should respect my beliefs.

ME: But you believe that a donkey talked. Don't you think that sounds a little wacko?

HIM: Clearly you reject God and only God can change your heart. I don't want to talk about this anymore.

ME: Animals can't talk.

HIM: I don't want to talk about this anymore!!!!

adams_antics
User is offlineOffline
Intangent, I agree with the

Intangent, I agree with the point behind your post, but a few facts are off...

Intangent wrote:
If you argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with it.
Him: The Sun is not a star. The bible says that God made the moon, the sun and stars separate.
Him: So, how far away is the nearest star?
Me: About 5.5 light years. It's called Proxima Centauri.

You fell for it and he didn't even catch you. The sun is the nearest star, and it is about 8 light minutes from earth. Alpha Centauri (trinary star system including Proxima Centauri) is about 4.2 LY away.

Intangent wrote:
Me: It takes billions of years for a star to be born from a nebula. And after that it varies as to the time till it's death.

Him: How does the star start from the nebula?

Me: It gets disturbed from a nearby supernova or, say if the galaxy that it inhabits collides with another galaxy.

Not billions but millions or hundreds of millions. Keep in mind, current estimates age the universe at 13.7 billion years, so a billion years is a big chunk even on a universal time scale. We do witness stars being "born" by observing thousands of stars that are in the process of formation. For example, if you never saw a giraffe grow up, but you saw 50 giraffes of different ages arranged in order side by side, you could easily tell how the giraffe grows without waiting it's entire life. Star formation does not require a supernova or galactic collision. Most are simply formed by gasses collecting around their own center of gravity. Other stars explosion can expedite this process and add more mass into the gasseous area to help the formation. (this is not a complete explanation, but a little more accurate).

Regardless, we have not found god flying around creating these stars with a magic wand. I wasn't trying to pick your statement apart, just wanted to straighten out a few cosmological facts.

CircleK
CircleK's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's easier to believe

It's easier to believe somethign that makes you know everything unknowable and always right.

drkqn9
drkqn9's picture
User is offlineOffline
The dumbest thing a christian has ever said to me

This was a face to face conversation I had with a church clergyman who was teaching an RCIA program I was in at the time of giving up religion after the last meeting I went to.

Me: I need to talk to you about something.

Them: What is that?

Me: I'm not going to continue the RCIA program.

Them: Why's that?

Me: I no longer believe in god.

Them: You know something, you're dead.

Me: What do you mean dead? I'm sitting right here. My heart is still beating and i'm still concious. I'm not dead.

Them: You're dead.

Me: No, I'm not.

Them: What you're doing is very dangerous. You could go to hell for this.

Me: I'll see you there. 

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I was kidding.......i'm a

I was kidding.......i'm a bit disturbed now lol. Beer is gross. Did you call yourself a blue eyed devil?! o_o lol.

Quote:
Religion at BEST - is like a lift in your shoe. If you need it for a while, and it makes you walk straight and feel better - fine. But you don't need it forever, or you can become permanently disabled.

---George Carlin---

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   YEAH , cheers drkqn9 ,

YEAH , cheers drkqn9

, yes I did FreeThoughtMake... that's me, I worship the serpent, Knowledge , and smart girls like you. I adore your smarts,

all my R E S P E C T , you are an angel 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxuyVUMV4H0

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
lol @ angel. I love my

lol @ angel.

I love my smarts too lol 

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just this morning I heard a

Just this morning I heard a christian say

" People say you must be open minded,but at the end of the day open-mindedness can lead anywhere.That's why you need christ."

So they're admitting they're closeminded? 

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

astro
astro's picture
User is offlineOffline
kevinm1278 wrote:(The

kevinm1278 wrote:

Any of you have similar conversations with religious nuts like this one? How can such "intelligent" people buy into such bullshit?

I remember having a similar debate like this with a kid in school.

this is how it ended.

Me: So your telling me, that whatever the bible says

You believe?

KID: yeah, it can't be wrong since it's the word of God.

ME:OK so aside from the contradictions and hideous passages

if the bible were to say Harry potter is your savior would you believe it?

KID:No cuz he's not

ME: I know that, but imagine you just read the bible and it said

Harry Potter is your savior, would you believe it?

KID: yeah I guess so.

it made my day

ryandinan
User is offlineOffline
If one were to omit anything

If one were to omit anything said after the phrase"The Bible says...", suddenly Christians (theists in general) would not have a whole lot to say.

It is a bit of a challenge to have a conversation/debate with a Christian without them defaulting to the Bible... In fact, I don't think it's possible for them, and still have any sort of valid argument.

They'll always say, "Well, you just need to open your heart to god, and he'll reveal himself to you, as long as you truly want to find him.  This seems to me, that they have essentially convinced themselves of what it is they want to hear.  I'm sure there is some psychological term for this that someone here knows about .

I had 3 Christian roommates when I was in college 12+ years ago, and I recall having discussions like this.  Often I would just leave them talking in circles.  Hah, the funniest thing I remember while living with them, was when a pair of jehovah's witnesses came to the door... it was a battle of the books; my roommates flipping between pages of the Bible, and arguing whose was accurate... It lasted nearly 2 hours.  I just sat and watched the ridiculousness, thankful that I no longer was shackled by religious terrorism.

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
This is awesome, theists are

This is awesome, theists are so funny. There's my personal experience (conversation is a lot longer, but i don't want to translate half of the bible to the English language):

Me: *Listing all the people who were killed by god, according to the bible*

Him: Good and loving God doesn't let to make fun out of him. If a man sins, the final consequence is death. *Skipping some fanatic talk* But if a man sees that he's wrong and repents his sins then god will show the right way.

Me: Then why did God, had to kill all the Egyptian newborns.

Him: These kids died out of Pharaohs foolishness. Pharaoh believed in the false gods and so the god made sure everyone saw the difference between the false gods and the true god.

Me: That just proves that god is cruel, even though it supposed to be good and loving.

Him: I see that god is good and loving because he spared me. If god wouldn't be good and loving then no one could come to his kingdom, but now he gives a chance to everyone. Let me tell my story: *Long story about how he find christ and how it changed his life*

Me: But believing in god is stupid, you could also believe in santa, thats absolutely the same.

Him: If santa could save you from damnation then  believe it.

Me: I bet i could write a santa's bible, i would only change GOD to SANTA.

Him: Santa was created by man. God wasn't created. It existed, exists and will exist. You could write a santas bible, there are a lot people like you. In the Bible they are called anti-christs. Anti means to go against, you go against god. Satan does the same thing and he rules this world. I am sorry for you that he made fool out of you.

Me: And i am sorry for you, that you believe in such nonsense. So once again i see that theists are not familiar with logic and facts.

Him: I believe in truth that is written in the holy bible. And you believe in lies.

*By this point I started banging my head against the wall Laughing out loud *

Me: You know theres a lot another great fiction books.

Him: You won't make fun out of god for a lot longer. Your time will come. I hope you will believe in god one day.

Me: I would only do that if someone would prove it scientifically.

Him: Why to believe then, if you can see it. Try walking this path and you will understand whether its fiction or its a science of god. If god showed up then you would be in horror, because he judges the sinners.

Me: If god showed up, then i would admit that i was wrong. But because he doesn't show up, i must assume that he does not exist. Actually, lets end this conversation i am tired of talking about these nonsenses.

Him: Well then have a nice ride to hell. If you change your mind god is waiting for you.

shasocastris
User is offlineOffline
I tried this once too. I got

I tried this once too. I got a load of BS back. I've used the unstoppable cannonball and immovable post contradiction. Christians can be so damn dumb sometimes...

Cheers!

A species cannot advance technologically past its social state, lest it destroy itself in the fires of its own creation.
-Doctrine of Sentience

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
-Salvor Hardin, Foundation

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just a comment

10101 wrote:

Quote:

the one conversation I can remember having with my brother was when he said something along the lines of "how can evolution make a horse? I don't know how evolution could make something thats perfect for carrying humans. look at cats aswell, they are perfect for companions. how can evolution design these things. there are so many animals that are designed for our use."

There is also the question of: Are they really designed for us to use or does it simply happen to fit well given their thousands of years of domestication?

Ever tried to bring a lion into your house to keep the mouse population down?  Doesn't work, huh. 

I'd hazard a guess that you and your brother aren't around horses all that much.

Horses are beautiful creatures, I love them. They suck as a means of conveyance. They are barely suited to carrying human beings. They are delicate creatures, prone to injury and illness, needing frequent long rests between relatively short distances. That, and to be gentle about it, they are just not too bright.

Cats... a cat will go feral (leave and be wild) if you don't feed it. Cats as a type will go feral in ONE generation (so will dogs). Meaning the first litter thay have outside of domesticity will be indistiguishable from wild animals.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

JanCham
User is offlineOffline
I think he needs to up his

I think he needs to up his medication.....

agustine
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Interesting.............

A brief inquiry followed by an observation. Might I inquire sir, insofar as your comments are devoid of a contextual framework, how then did the subject arise? I suspect that it is not entirely customary for you to announce, upon the advent of a conversation, something akin to "and by the way I am an atheist." Additionally, by the manifest tenor of your commentary it appears, at least on its face, that you are susceptible to a similar criticism as the vitriolic theist; more specifically, it appears as though you are as dogmatic in your atheism as the theist.

Augustine

Crede ut intelligas et fides ut intelligas.............

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Me: Why do you think the

Me: Why do you think the scientific community has accepted evolution for over a hundred years if there's absolutley no evidence?

Xtian: Because they're gullible

Me: *kills self*

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.