anyone want to counter this?

AbandonMyPeace
Posts: 324
Joined: 2007-03-15
User is offlineOffline
anyone want to counter this?

A friend sent me this. Its a bit over my head. Ill let you guys take a shot at it for me.

 

amongst most strong proponents of evolutionary theory there exists great duplicity.

the very laws of mathematics DEFY the concept of spontaneous ignition of the <'spark of life'.

in order for advanced/complex organisms/systems to exist all components of a said system MUST be in existence simultaneously.


basic amino acid synthesis can not occur unless 7 key protein chains are together AT THE SAME TIME.

math itself speaks of a divine influence. of a creator.


life simply can not occur through random fluctuations.


take a deck of cards.

how many suits?

how many cards?

how many jokers?


think of odds.. of math.

i speak to you in the language you know best, i speak of science and of reason.

any reasonable man can see that true faith is not blind.

in fact, as a theory, evolution is falling apart at the proverbial seems.


major peeps in the scientific community are vocally expressing their concerns that <"evolution doesn't explain it.


i counter again.

NO MISSING GENETIC LINK HAS EVER BEEN FOUND.

NO TRANSITIONAL SPECIES HAVE EVER EXISTED AND NOR ARE THERE ANY LIVING SPECIES ON EARTH IN SUCH A STATE OF EVOLUTIONARY TRANSITION.

i challenge you with science.

science speaks of a creator.

there is a god josh.

you are blinded by your blind faith in logic and so called reasonable intellect.

it's not weakness to admit there is something more than you.

i am not weakened. i am strengthened.


like i said about the amino acids..


i'm telling you that basic biology has at it's core neccessity the need for all parts to be together at the same time.


a human being is not a human unless he is all inclusive.

he can be human and have missing parts BUT those missing parts would be no more human than a skin cell is even though it is part of GREATER WHOLE.. you.



now..



how's this for a debate.

and i would hope, my dear atheistic commrade, that you are not offended by my words of truth and candor.


[peace.

truth.


seek god josh.

he will surprise you.

haha, yeah.


Tarpan
Special Agent
Posts: 26
Joined: 2006-06-06
User is offlineOffline
i never did figure out how

i never did figure out how to make my ass talk, can you ask your friend how i go about it?


AbandonMyPeace
Posts: 324
Joined: 2007-03-15
User is offlineOffline
LOL! Well. I just assumed it

LOL! Well. I just assumed it was over my head. I have no real idea how all this stuff works. I will ask him how he does it. I do know he smokes alot of pot. Maybe thats it?


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

amongst most strong proponents of evolutionary theory there exists great duplicity.

No, only amongst those who misunderstand evolutionary theory. 

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
the very laws of mathematics DEFY the concept of spontaneous ignition of the <'spark of life'.

Of course they do. The spark of life is a misunderstanding of abiogenesis.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
in order for advanced/complex organisms/systems to exist all components of a said system MUST be in existence simultaneously.

Which has been shown to be possible.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
basic amino acid synthesis can not occur unless 7 key protein chains are together AT THE SAME TIME.

Which has been shown to be possible.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
math itself speaks of a divine influence. of a creator.

Funny, I always thought math was about numbers.  I know you're using words I understand but they don't seem to mean the same thing to me as they do to you.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
life simply can not occur through random fluctuations.

Another misunderstanding of abiogenesis

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
take a deck of cards.

how many suits?

how many cards?

how many jokers?


think of odds.. of math.

Your point being?

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
i speak to you in the language you know best, i speak of science and of reason.

Strange, I know you're using words I understand but they don't seem to mean the same thing to me as they do to you. 

 

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
any reasonable man can see that true faith is not blind.

It's dillusional.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
in fact, as a theory, evolution is falling apart at the proverbial seems.

No, it's getting stronger.  The only "evolution" that is falling apart is the misconception that creationists falsly claim is "evolution".

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
major peeps in the scientific community are vocally expressing their concerns that <"evolution doesn't explain it.

Which scientific community?  None that I know of.  In fact, all credible scientists say the opposite.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
i counter again.

NO MISSING GENETIC LINK HAS EVER BEEN FOUND.

Oh, except for the thousands that have been found.  Take two points.  There's a gap between them.  Stick a nother point in between, you've just created two more gaps between the points.  Every time a link is found, creationists look at the two new gaps created and use them for their goddidit argument instead. 

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
NO TRANSITIONAL SPECIES HAVE EVER EXISTED AND NOR ARE THERE ANY LIVING SPECIES ON EARTH IN SUCH A STATE OF EVOLUTIONARY TRANSITION.

Except for the thousands of transitional species that have been found and continue to be found.  And except for every species.  

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
i challenge you with science.

Really?  So far the only challenges have been with lies and misconception.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
science speaks of a creator.

I know you're using english words, but that sentence makes no sense.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
there is a god josh.

Prove it.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
you are blinded by your blind faith in logic and so called reasonable intellect.

Facts and evidence are blind faith?  I always thought believing in something without facts and evidence was blind faith.  I guess you're just using english words again but not giving them the same meanings as I do.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
it's not weakness to admit there is something more than you.

You're right!  There's also a match, a key, a door.  Lots of things!

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
i am not weakened. i am strengthened.

Huh?  I know those are english words but they don't make sense?

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
like i said about the amino acids..

Ahh, so you mean lies and misconceptions.  I get you now.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
i'm telling you that basic biology has at it's core neccessity the need for all parts to be together at the same time.

No, you haven't spoken of biology at all.  You've used biology terms, but that's as close as you've gotten.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
a human being is not a human unless he is all inclusive.

Uhh, I know you are but what am I?

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
he can be human and have missing parts BUT those missing parts would be no more human than a skin cell is even though it is part of GREATER WHOLE.. you.

$3.50/kilo.  At least I think that's the going rate for fish in china. 


AbandonMyPeace wrote:
now.. how's this for a debate.

It's a debate?  Since when?  All you've done so far is use a lot of terms with completely the wrong meaning.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
and i would hope, my dear atheistic commrade, that you are not offended by my words of truth and candor.

I know you're using english words, but they don't appear to mean the same thing to me as they do to you.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
[peace.

truth.

Facts, logic.

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
seek god josh.

he will surprise you.

Just like Santa and the tooth fairy?

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
haha, yeah.

 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Essentially, your friend has

Essentially, your friend has been too caught up by creationist propaganda.  What he calls evolution is not in actual fact evolution.  What he claims is the scientific explination for life starting isn't.  What he claims to be science, isn't.  It's akin to creationist claims that evolution means our grandparents were monkeys.  Laughably false.  What he's arguing against isn't science at all.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
/sigh... Looks like nothing

/sigh...

Looks like nothing more then a copy paste job >.>

Next time you see this person, smack them upside the head and say "No Theist! thats a BAD Theist"

What Would Kharn Do?


QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
Posts: 242
Joined: 2007-10-04
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote: NO

AbandonMyPeace wrote:
NO MISSING GENETIC LINK HAS EVER BEEN FOUND.


NO TRANSITIONAL SPECIES HAVE EVER EXISTED AND NOR ARE THERE ANY LIVING SPECIES ON EARTH IN SUCH A STATE OF EVOLUTIONARY TRANSITION.

On the off chance that this is specifically referring to a missing link between humans and other primates, I watched an interesting documentary a few years back about supervolcanos (most specifically the one underneath Yellowstone National Park).   It mentioned that scientists had identified a previous eruption of that supervolcano and had determined that about 95% of the human genome at that time was wiped out, meaning that if those scientists are correct the human race as we know it today descends from the 5% that survived.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the documentary, but it aired on one of the learning-oriented cable networks a few years ago.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
QuasarX

QuasarX wrote:
AbandonMyPeace wrote:
NO MISSING GENETIC LINK HAS EVER BEEN FOUND.


NO TRANSITIONAL SPECIES HAVE EVER EXISTED AND NOR ARE THERE ANY LIVING SPECIES ON EARTH IN SUCH A STATE OF EVOLUTIONARY TRANSITION.

On the off chance that this is specifically referring to a missing link between humans and other primates, I watched an interesting documentary a few years back about supervolcanos (most specifically the one underneath Yellowstone National Park). It mentioned that scientists had identified a previous eruption of that supervolcano and had determined that about 95% of the human genome at that time was wiped out, meaning that if those scientists are correct the human race as we know it today descends from the 5% that survived. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the documentary, but it aired on one of the learning-oriented cable networks a few years ago.

You probably saw this on the History Channel which has slowly become the National Enquirer Channel with it's silly emphasis upon Ufo's, Bible codes, Big Foots, Nostradamus etc. It has become a total joke. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a special claiming that Elvis is alive and living in a trailer with Bat Boy somewhere in the deserts of Nevada.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Quote: amongst most strong

Quote:

amongst most strong proponents of evolutionary theory there exists great duplicity.

Conspiracy theorist.  The call sign of paranoia.

Quote:


the very laws of mathematics DEFY the concept of spontaneous ignition of the <'spark of life'.

How?  Care to give us some information on why this is supposedly the case?

Quote:


in order for advanced/complex organisms/systems to exist all components of a said system MUST be in existence simultaneously.

Irreducably complexity bullshit again?  How many times do people have to prove this shit is wrong?

Quote:


basic amino acid synthesis can not occur unless 7 key protein chains are together AT THE SAME TIME.

Again irreducable complexity argument.

Quote:


math itself speaks of a divine influence. of a creator.

Keep repeating the lie over and over and people will start to believe it.  Sounds like this guy is a student of Adolf Hitler.

Quote:


life simply can not occur through random fluctuations.

Why?  How so?  Explain why this is supposedly true.

Quote:


take a deck of cards.

how many suits?

how many cards?

how many jokers?


think of odds.. of math.

"If you look at a coke can you can tell it had a creator.  If you look at a painting you can tell it had a painter."  Way of the Master is strong in you.

Quote:


i speak to you in the language you know best, i speak of science and of reason.

You speak of things you do not understand.

Quote:


any reasonable man can see that true faith is not blind.

urhm...actually...it is.  It's wishful thinking.

Quote:


in fact, as a theory, evolution is falling apart at the proverbial seems.

Evolution is a "theory in crisis" eh?

Not this shit again.

Quote:


major peeps in the scientific community are vocally expressing their concerns that <"evolution doesn't explain it.

Name one "major peep".

Quote:



i counter again.

NO MISSING GENETIC LINK HAS EVER BEEN FOUND.

NO TRANSITIONAL SPECIES HAVE EVER EXISTED AND NOR ARE THERE ANY LIVING SPECIES ON EARTH IN SUCH A STATE OF EVOLUTIONARY TRANSITION.

I introduce you to the Croco-fish!

http://tiktaalik.uchicago.edu/

Suck it.

Quote:


i challenge you with science.

science speaks of a creator.

You challenge him with pseudo-science.

Psuedo-science speaks of a creator.

Quote:


you are blinded by your blind faith in logic and so called reasonable intellect.

No he's not.

Josh, just stop talking to this person.  They are dangerously ill.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


AbandonMyPeace
Posts: 324
Joined: 2007-03-15
User is offlineOffline
THanks for the answers guys.

THanks for the answers guys. I dont know much about all of this stuff. I think I will invite him here so he can discuss his ideas with people more educated then myself.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Quote: amongst most

Quote:
amongst most strong proponents of evolutionary theory there exists great duplicity.

Naked assertion.
Quote:
the very laws of mathematics DEFY the concept of spontaneous ignition of the <'spark of life'.

Begging the question -- "the spark of life" has a dualist stink. Evolution different field than abiogenesis.
Quote:
in order for advanced/complex organisms/systems to exist all components of a said system MUST be in existence simultaneously.

Irreducible Complexity argument, which can only prove that we don't understand why something is so; to draw a conclusion from this lack of understanding is an argument from ignorance.
Quote:
basic amino acid synthesis can not occur unless 7 key protein chains are together AT THE SAME TIME.

I'm not a scientist, so no comment.
Quote:
math itself speaks of a divine influence. of a creator.

Non-sequitur.
Quote:
life simply can not occur through random fluctuations.

Naked assertion.
Quote:
take a deck of cards. how many suits? how many cards? how many jokers? think of odds.. of math.

Where's the rest? Did he get distracted by lust for peanut M&Ms, and forget to complete this analogy?
Quote:
i speak to you in the language you know best, i speak of science and of reason.

LOL.
Quote:
any reasonable man can see that true faith is not blind.

It sanctifies the unjust conclusion and transposes the order of the human experience. It's much worse than blindness: it's like closing your eyes so you can walk into the same wall repeatedly.
Quote:
in fact, as a theory, evolution is falling apart at the proverbial seems.

Naked assertion. LOL, "seems."
Quote:
major peeps in the scientific community are vocally expressing their concerns that <"evolution doesn't explain it.

What (LOL) "peeps" would these be? Explain what? Evolutionary theory doesn't explain the origin of life because it's a different fucking field.
Quote:
i counter again. NO MISSING GENETIC LINK HAS EVER BEEN FOUND.

Thousands have been found, and even if they weren't, to draw a conclusion from assumptions about a lack of evidence is no more than an argument from ignorance.
Quote:
NO TRANSITIONAL SPECIES HAVE EVER EXISTED AND NOR ARE THERE ANY LIVING SPECIES ON EARTH IN SUCH A STATE OF EVOLUTIONARY TRANSITION.

Every animal is transitional. Put down the blunt and read a book.
Quote:
i challenge you with science. science speaks of a creator.

Non-sequitur. Science doesn't, can't, regard the supernatural.
Quote:
there is a god josh.

Naked assertion.
Quote:
you are blinded by your blind faith in logic and so called reasonable intellect.

Argument from ridicule.
Quote:
it's not weakness to admit there is something more than you.

Appeal from emotion.
Quote:
i am not weakened. i am strengthened. like i said about the amino acids..

Some kind of "acid" is at work.
Quote:
i'm telling you that basic biology has at it's core neccessity the need for all parts to be together at the same time.

Irreducible Complexity, same answer.
Quote:
a human being is not a human unless he is all inclusive.

I'll try to sugar coat this for the amputees.
Quote:
he can be human and have missing parts BUT those missing parts would be no more human than a skin cell is even though it is part of GREATER WHOLE.. you.

Category error -- terrible analogy anthropomorphizes evolutionary theory.
Quote:
now.. how's this for a debate.

It made me sad and queasy.
Quote:
and i would hope, my dear atheistic commrade, that you are not offended by my words of truth and candor. peace. truth. seek god josh. he will surprise you. haha, yeah.

Oh, phew, it was all a joke.


Blind_Chance
Blind_Chance's picture
Posts: 124
Joined: 2008-01-09
User is offlineOffline
There is no proofs for

There is no proofs for evolution ?

I think superbugs from hospitals and highly resistant for antibiotics tuberculosis would protest.

Modern theory of evolution still can not be perfect but is far more true then theist burbling.

I fail to see possibility that people who believed in the past, that illnesses are work of Satan have better answer.

Ecrasez l'infame!


TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2007-09-30
User is offlineOffline
He only puts 3 basic

He only puts 3 basic concepts out there that I see at first glance (don't want to read that trype again)

 

Dr. Ken Miller (a catholic, not an Atheist) has a video online that tells how all the central tenents of creationism have been debunked by science, and how the tactics of creationists are dubious. Here's the link to the whole video (about 2 hours, but very worth it)

http://www.lucascantor.com/lucascantor/Blog/Entries/2007/12/30_Ken_Miller%3A_The_Collapse_of_Intelligent_Design.html

 

Here are the excerpts that address the first two creation lies he mentioned:

*Irreducible complexity - Creationist myth that has been repeatedly proven wrong over the last couple of dacades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_HVrjKcvrU

and more info on the subject here.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/behe.html

 

*Missing links in the fossil record - Myth again

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34eKAm48LfM

More from right here at RRS!

http://www.rationalresponders.com/evolutionproof

 

As for the last one:

*Math proves god - Not sure about that one, it was so absurd the fist time I heard it, it made my head hurt.

Personally I don't know how to address this crap except to give him enough rope to hang himself with. Tell him to prove his bold assertion that Math does indeed prove god. Tell him that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" Then just post what crap he replies with in this thread, and we'll help.

 

Finally I'll throw in a link to a letter signed by almost 12,000 Christians, to counter creationism.

http://www.butler.edu/clergyproject/religion_science_collaboration.htm

"They always say the same thing; 'But evolution is only a theory!!' Which is true, I guess, and it's good they say that I think, it gives you hope that they feel the same about the theory of Gravity and they might just float the f**k away."


TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2007-09-30
User is offlineOffline
Did you ever send anything

Did you ever send anything to your friend on this?


Dacara
Posts: 10
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
Even if everything your

Even if everything your friend said is true, which it isn't, none of that gives evidence that his religion is true, or even that there is a creator

 

Oh evolution isn't true so there must be a god so jesus must have been his son and that means satan is gonna send me to hell if i don't do what jesus says. There are serious issues with this way of thinking.