Theists: Please Explain this for me..... I am at a loss.... getting back to larry

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Theists: Please Explain this for me..... I am at a loss.... getting back to larry

( getting back to larry, due to the rrs crash )

Theists: Please Explain this for me...........I am at a loss........ http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/kill_em_with_kindness/11715

3349larry I'll make it very simple. This is directly from the Prince of Peace himself.

*Please keep in mind this is before he starts his diatribe on how families should be divided, and have faith in him before family.*

"Think not that I [Jesus] have come to send peace on earth: I come not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34) "

I need to hear how you explain this away. This is NOT METAPHORICAL. It is a direct quote from Matthew. How can Jesus be Peace, if he says this?

Seriously.......please explain it to me. I can't wrap my brain around it.

I AM GOD AS YOU

my atheist take on it is,

Peace with who ? the hypocrites ? No peace with them , so no Peace but instead Radical Debate

the Sword,

It's pretty simple when you think on it,

Jesus was an Atheist Idea ! so they killed it .....

you know the rest, we are still at it .....

-------------------------

I AM GOD AS YOU The little Bible "collection" was / is obviously not meant to be "understood", but to mesmerize, for vanity, greed, control, etc. , and very successful it's been. Spooky !

( hey rook ) Where the hell is some basic old unreligious jew philosophy ? It must have been frowned upon, destroyed , or what? Know of any from the moses jesus era ?

Jesus as meek and mild ? I'd say more a brave, mostly good hearted rebel intellectual talented nut. .... I like nuts .... poor Jesus. Actually I haven't made up my mind about that guy, ..... but I do know the devil edited the good book ....

Was Jesus god ? , of course, just like you. Nice message mr. Jesus/Buddha.

, don't go crazy, shit but we are ....

--------------------------

wavefreak It is a metaphor for the divisiveness of truth. Truth is not a uniting agent in human activity. Truth brings to light things people would rather leave hidden. And so, all too often, truth is resisted, even to the point of violence. Jesus is simply saying that he came to bring truth and that truth would cause conflict.

I AM GOD AS YOU umm, so who edited the Bible ? and WHY ?

, what fool would bow to that ?

, not me .... and surely not our ancient atheist Jesus buddy ....

Fans of Paul are xain fools .... who saw dead jesus in the desert ??? ,

Plain and simple, xians are idiots.

razorphreak I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Plain and simple, xians are idiots.

You know I'm constantly amazed when I see posts like this. I mean really, why do you bother? TheSaint stated, "Asserting that believers are either deluded, insane, or just plain stupid is certainly no way to endear yourselves to the masses," to which I have to ask you, why do you even bother using hate to get your message across (and threadjacking a conversation with it)? Why, why, why???

I have to remind you, if you want any validity to your train of thoughts, making hateful statements like that only brings out the mirror to show you the "plank in your own eye."

I AM GOD AS YOU I AM GOD AS YOU wrote

"Plain and simple, xians are idiots. "

YES I DID, calling yourself an 'xain' is ignorante and stupid ....

, but I love them ..... thats why I do it , in the foot steps of Yeah Jesus, "those hypocrites snakes and vipers ! "

the SWORD !

I AM GOD AS YOU

I'm on "OUR" side,

( was gonna post this, but I'll stick it here for now )

Xmas movie for ya "Jesus" , Watch on mushrooms, how else ya gonna see angels ....

Digest the sword ....

Hey Atheists, trust a drunk, here's a nice refresher on what we are dealing with. You have to admit the white blue eyed Jesus is quite the hero figure. Hell beans, I'm an atheist for that guy ! To bad it was turned into bad religion. How do ya suppose that happened ! Umm something needs fixing. Ahh Jesus will come back and do it ..... NOT ! NO. We atheists are the ever resurrecting spirt of Jesus. We are doing it ! We are the "Sword".

JESUS - 2 hr movie , 1979 hugely popular, first read this http://ffrf.org/fttoday/1998/may98/butler.html " just wasted $5.5 million to send every house in Alabama a video about the life of Jesus" .... other places to .....

Here's the movie http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6121524153548519701&q=Jesus&total=224479&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

That movie is heart wrenching, the jew Bible has brilliant artistic messages of wisdom , but why make a religion out of it and believe in superstition ? Yes jesus is great ! , so sad to brutely kill him, the way we did/do. Xians are superstitious and hypocrites, pharisees.

The angels are so cool, I want to meet one ! Maybe more mushrooms?, Hey it worked for the jews.

, still flogging in the the mideast.

, merry musrooms, I meant xmas.

, white man jesus? , again ??? stupid honkeys ....

, please save my atheist jesus .....

"the god movie" ? ~~~

"Jmmanuel or Jesus to people who believe and follow religions. This is the real teachings of Jmmanuel and explains life" [ ? ]

Talmud of Jmmanuel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD5LZa1EZlU

errr, Low Volume, but give him a listen, interesting funny old atheist.

Scientist Dr. Dietmar Rothe Speaks About The Talmud of Jmmanuel ( Jesus ) 1 thru 6. Interesting fellow ! Worth debating I'd say ... a creative scientologist someone asked ? na, not. check'em out ...... seek "our" wisdom ....

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewnews.asp?id=6196 "After having been encased in resin and buried for 20 centuries, a set of Aramaic scrolls were rediscovered in 1963 in the tomb where Jmmanuel (Jesus)had lain for three days. Their discoverer was assassinated and the original scrolls were burned. Fortunately, one fourth of them had already been translated into Swiss-German. ....... The teachings in this document differ significantly from the highly redacted teachings in the New Testament. "

The video text with pics , http://www.avilabooks.com/Jmmanuel1.htm

"Before delving deeper into the teachings of Jmmanuel, let me warn you that the eternal truth, as proclaimed by Jmmanuel, may be considered the ultimate heresy by those of you who adhere to carefully nurtured and manipulated religious doctrines. As a messenger of this heresy, you may view me as an instant enemy or your instant friend, depending on where you are on your own path of evolution. I want you to get over these feelings right now, so that you are open to what the TJ actually can teach you. "

Jmmanuel says in TJ10:44:
"Truly, I have not come to bring peace, but the sword of knowledge about the power of the spirit, which dwells within humans." That was a new idea of human potential.... [ debate untill universal awareness of oneness is known ]

wow , stuck on earth, let's get the hell out of here, and bring our sea doos ....

I like that Jesus/Buddha, the religious just don't get it. Even the wisdom of Muhammad got corrupted. Islamists and Xians and Judaist suck .... come together, get naked ... does god wear clothes ? hee hee ....

Decoding the past ) Secrets of the Koran... History Channel , 1hr 30 min , so much like the OT, etc http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3984485498533820519&q=Decoding+the+Past+Secrets+of+the+Koran&total=17&start=0&num=10&so=0...

~ sorry , that's the best I could do smashed again .... damn no angels yet ....

make an xian laugh .... make everyone laugh, fix religion .... debate is the sword. Hurry up , get it over with ..... all is one ....

=======================================

totus_tuus But Dr Dawkins has at heart only the best for humanity I'm sure. I've seen him speak, he's very convincing and genial. I daresay, I think I'm rather fond of him. I believe his intentions aren't malignant. But his views have introduced another stroke of the sword, haven't they?

3349larry " I will not take the blame for supposed sins commited by someone else. Nor will I beg a god that doesn't exist to "Forgive" me for these sins I never commited lest I be cast into eternal fire."

totus_tuus cool reply, "You don't have to. It's your choice."

----------------------------------------------------------

I AM GOD AS YOU

I don't believe the bible is at all honest, but from it I get a positive feeling about jesus, the philosophy of one. Yeah the bible is messed up ..... anyway,

Jesus philosophy said he came as a doctor to save the "sick", not necessarily "you". Hell 3349 , you are jesus like from what I can tell.

"Jesus" uses the language of it's time and speaks much as the atheist Buddhas did and do. Basically if you don't understand the "basic" message you are in the dark, and you suffer in fear and greed and pollute the world. All is One, this is god. Simple, but still not understood by most. In the higher sense, Jesus/Buddha is a savior. It is not religion, .... as Chrisianity is religion, and silly Idol worship.

Think about it , Jesus said he was one and of the father, and that we in his spirt would do greater things than he, that we are also children of the father. Jesus was absolutely an anti superstitious atheist. Totally against the hypocrite church. So the killed him.

Some more Sword ,

Nothing but free argument, raillery and even ridicule will preserve the purity of religion.
-- Thomas Jefferson,

We find in the writings of his biographers ... a groundwork of vulgar ignorance, of things impossible, of superstitions, fanaticisms and fabrications.
-- Thomas Jefferson

A professorship of theology should have no place in our institution.
-- Thomas Jefferson

If by religion we are to understand sectarian dogmas, in which no two of them agree, then your exclamation on that hypothesis is just, "that this would be the best of worlds if there were no religion in it."
-- Thomas Jefferson,

They have made the happy discovery, that the way to silence religious disputes, is to take no notice of them.
-- Thomas Jefferson,

Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the common law.
-- Thomas Jefferson

as printed in the paper back then; "Surely, Christians, your cause must be growing desperate, when, to sustain it, your needs must claim for its support so bitter an enemy as Thomas Jefferson -- a man who affirmed that he was a Materialist; a man who recognized in your religion only "our particular superstition," a superstition without "one redeeming feature;" a man who divided the Christian world into two classes -- hypocrites and fools; a man who asserted that your Bible is a book abounding with "vulgar ignorance;" a man who termed your Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, a "hocus-pocus phantasm;" a man who denounced your God as "cruel, vindictive, and unjust;" a man who says that your Savior was "a man of illegitimate birth;" a man who declared his disciples, including your oracle, [born again torcherer murderer bible] Paul, to be a "band of dupes and impostors," and who characterized your modern priesthood as "cannibal priests" and an "abandoned confederacy" so against public happiness."

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.-Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson the Swordsman ! , http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/

"The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers." -- Denis Diderot

http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/paul.php "Paul [ founder of xianty ] was the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus."

No sooner had Jesus knocked over the dragon of superstition that Paul boldly set it on its legs again in the name of Jesus." - George Bernard Shaw ...

Cool Thomas Jefferson thought Jesus was a wise and ethical person but utterly despised blind faith, superstition, dogma, and considered the church the Anti-Christ and an institutionalized form of Platonic demonism.

Yes, It is the "atheists" who will bring peace to the world, if that's possible. I consider Jesus as an early pioneer of atheist thought, and Jefferson, and look what the fundy's do with that .... ask a wise buddhist.

god is just pretend http://godisjustpretend.com/_wsn/page4.html

Beliefs and Superstitions http://home.comcast.net/~ghaff/lword/religion.html

The man who says to me, "Believe as I do, or God will damn you," will presently say, "Believe as I do, or I shall assassinate you." Voltaire

http://ravingatheist.com/archives/2005/04/kill_the_afterlife.php The concept of an afterlife is inhumane and immoral. Belief in the continuation of your "soul" or consciousness after death is wishful thinking. Belief in an afterlife devalues the one life that actually exists: this one.

That Sword is awesome .... I luv god, not the xain god of abe ....

I AM GOD AS YOU

The word Atheist has conflicting definitions thru the ages. Here we see Jefferson, who didn't believe in the god of abe, calling religious Calvin an atheist .....

http://nobeliefs.com/jefferson.htm THOMAS JEFFERSON ON CHRISTIANITY & RELIGION

"I can never join Calvin in addressing his god. He was indeed an Atheist, which I can never be; or rather his religion was Daemonism. If ever man worshipped a false god, he did." -Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams

Although Jefferson believed in a Creator, his concept of it resembled that of the god of deism, ( the [pantheistic] term "Nature's God" used by deists of the time). With his scientific bent, Jefferson sought to organize his thoughts on religion. He rejected the superstitions and mysticism of Christianity and even went so far as to edit the gospels, removing the miracles and mysticism of Jesus (see The Jefferson Bible) leaving only what he deemed the correct moral philosophy of Jesus.

Distortions of history occur in the minds of many Christians whenever they see the word "God" embossed in statue or memorial concrete. For example, those who visit the Jefferson Memorial in Washington will read Jefferson's words engraved: "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every from of tyranny over the mind of man." When they see the word "God" many Christians see this as "proof" of his Christianity without thinking that "God" can have many definitions ranging from nature to supernatural. Yet how many of them realize that this passage aimed at attacking the tyranny of the Christian clergy of Philadelphia, or that Jefferson's God was not the personal god of Christianity? Those memorial words came from a letter written to Benjamin Rush in 1800 in response to Rush's warning about the Philadelphia clergy attacking Jefferson (Jefferson was seen as an infidel by his enemies during his election for President). The complete statement reads as follows: .....

===========================

I want you to love Jesus, He was a bad ass brave atheist

I want you to write the 3rd testament. Rook and Acharya are passionitly helping , and damn it, Jesus deserves it !

===========================

"Jesus" is not just some dude, but the philosophy of many, in a book , brought to us by the good the bad and the ugly. Pick the good.

, silly silly xians, get real , I love you , .... use logic and reason. Hey, who the heck are you praying to anyway ? ever meditate? , maybe start by staring into the scarey mirror, don't be afraid, it's god, it's you !

(( hey RRS team, love that edit button .... you are blessed servents !

-------------------------------------------

spumoni, Wrote,

"Whether its "twelve" as a traditional concept or hindsight, the point is shown that atheist's are actually the one's obsessed with nitpicky details. This reveals to me an unwillingness to approach the bible on its own terms. this is a most uncharitable approach that I think perpetuates misinformation. "

What ? It is often exactly the opposite. As for me I get instantly angry at Saul/Paul.

Yes, It is in the details .....

I'm an atheist for the "jesus philosophy" and Paul seems to be biggest important corrupter of all,

He did write a cool one on "What is Love"

Jesus rocked, Paul sucked .....

From the arguments on this site it seems the other way around. No matter, I think people misunderstand Paul b/c there is a tremendous amount of context specific stuff that many misinterpret in his letters. If you want to give him a second chance, I'd recommend Paul: In Fresh Perspective by N. T. Wright to get a better perspective

-------------------------------

I AM GOD AS YOU

To save the xains I will give it a look, thanks. But Paul was a girl basher and for that alone I will always call him half a fool .....

Googling Paul: In Fresh Perspective by N. T. Wright

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Paul%3A+In+Fresh+Perspective+by+N.+T.+Wright&btnG=Google+Search