Have you guys heard of CARM.ORG?

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Have you guys heard of CARM.ORG?

http://www.carm.org/index.html

Yesterday on Halloween there were some apologists on campus basically telling everyone they will be going to hell.  With them was a biochemicstry student who is planning on starting a creationist student organization at VCU.  That they would allow such nonesense at a university is beyond me, however, due to discrimination and censorship issues, they have to allow for a student group to express their opinion on campus.  Now, the apologists directed some students to this site

http://www.carm.org/index.html

I post it here because I think we can all benefit from the lies that they spew in the world of christian apologetics.  

Anyway, thought I would throw this out at you.

Cheers 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
The "Mistakes atheists make

The "Mistakes atheists make when dialoguing with Christians" section is amusing...and short. In fact, in order to have four points instead of three, they had to separate "name calling" from "condescension".

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
shit.  you all reall get

shit.  you all reall get hit hard down there.  this is matt slick's organization, isn't it?

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
yes it's Matt Slick's

yes it's Matt Slick's organization.

systemnate
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yeah he came on the RRS show

Yeah he came on the RRS show and did terrible.  It was somewhere between episode 59 - 61I believe.  I would recommend checking it out, but it will probably just make you angry.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Yes, we've beat up on Matt

Yes, we've beat up on Matt Slick owner of CARM a few times.   His appearance on our show is now famous for being the most ridiculous of all respected Christians.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Yes, we've

Sapient wrote:
Yes, we've beat up on Matt Slick owner of CARM a few times. His appearance on our show is now famous for being the most ridiculous of all respected Christians.

Hey brian, what show exactly was it, I would like to hear it.  Perhaps we can use it during one of our events at VCU.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

AngelEngine
AngelEngine's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are SO lucky.   No one

You are SO lucky.

No one around my university has the balls to start a creationist organization. Not many Canadians are as fanatical as the USA.

But, i would love to go to a meeting for Creationists, just to ridicule them. I mean, i meet people all the time and debate creation with them, but actually going in to a group of people who share the same ideal, is just better. Plain better.  

I'm infallible. I don't know why you can't remember that.