This world makes the little boy cry out in me sometimes...

Li Yuki
Li Yuki's picture
User is offlineOffline
This world makes the little boy cry out in me sometimes...

It hurts so much when you see someone blindly beleive in something.  I hate when I'm talking to someone about a given religion and they end up saying something along the lines of, i dont care about science i well beleive in what i want to.  I mean, that just hurts so much.  What they're basically saying is "I'll blindly beleive in something just because I want to."  I just wish that they would look at the things i show them with open minds instead of the defensive stance their religion has told/forced them to follow.  It's sad.

I'm watching a documentary about peoples beleifs right now, and its so depressing.  This one guy goes around and pretends to be of a certain beleif or religion and tries to convert people to the given ideal.  It's so sad how many people buy into it, and like no one has even asked him yet if he truly beleives in what he is teaching.  It's sad.

The little boy in me cries out when i see people blindly follow an ideal with no plausable evidence.  I remember what it was like as a kid(i was a catholic back then), and spend hours worying about what god thought of me and why he didn't talk back to me when i prayed like the relegion said he would.  Anyways, i just don't see how people can live with these kinds of things.

I guess my real question is how do you all deal with seeing all these things wrong in the world, and know you are either too late or basically powerless to show these people the truth about relegion and how damaging it can really be to the children of humanity? 

Warning the following post may be offensive to certain people. Theist are not advised to read unless they are prepared to debate!
Side effects include possible deconversion, rational thought, and the lack of fear in the easter bunny.

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
People that say that they

People that say that they will believe in what they want to don't actually have a belief in what they say they believe. In other words, they are simply giving lip service to whatever God they think they believe in.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  ,,, I do what you do, I

,,, I do what you do, I feel sad and hurt. I'm an atheist who apprechiates much of the Jesus philosophy, "Blessed are the poor in spirit", always made sense to me.

Turn your sadness into indignation, and remember Jesus was also a bad ass, who scolded the hypocrites, so the story goes ......

Understanding the enemy is the way to healing.

Thanks for caring about this world. If ya need cheering up and some new motivation, read rrs todangst's essay "Gandhi vs God".

Yeah what this world could be !, Sad and Inspired go equally hand in hand ......  I think a buddhist said that ....  

Lucky you, you know sad too !