Hilarious message on Youtube

AngelEngine
AngelEngine's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hilarious message on Youtube

This guy just sent me a message regarding evolution:

"Evolution is racist, it does nothing for science and does nothing to stop racism, therefore, it's racist. Does evolution persuade young girls to not get pregnant? Does evolution persuade people to not do crimes that will put them in jail for 25 years?

The answers to these questions are, no. So if Atheism is true, you can go around and do what you want, you can use the arguments you've just used for any religion, but evolution doesn't persuade people to not do such things."

Yeah, this cracked me up. Im deciding on what to reply back, but i cant stop laughing long enough to type a credible response. Anyone have a good one that will shut him up for good?

I'm infallible. I don't know why you can't remember that.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Informal non sequitur

Informal non sequitur (also Questionable Cause fallacy)

A does not deter B

Therefore A causes B

Fallacy of Irrelevance (Red Herring)

The predicate has no relation whatsoever to the sentence, in logic terms, it is utterly moronic, because:

The predicate (evolution), is in the wrong category of things. In this case the category is (scientific theories) and the sentence premise refers to (deterrents to crime). Indeed, the sentence would read the same if I replaced "evolution" with "Relativity" or "quantum entanglement" or even "purple shirt". So the sentence is logically invalid. The predicate is in the wrong logical category, which means the sentence is meaningless.

There are many more. The letter/fallacy ratio is stupidity of the highest degree.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Um, wow.  Just wow.  I

Um, wow.  Just wow.  I can't even think of anything else to say except that quite possbily be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boy that evolution sounds

Boy that evolution sounds like a bad, bad man. We should hang him.

I also proclaim that gravity is racist. Gravity does nothing to stop racism. Gravity does nothing to stop teenage girls from getting pregnant and sometimes it even helps! Gravity doesn't persuade people not to do crimes that will put them in jail for 25 years. In fact, it even prevents helpless victims from floating away to safety.

If you believe in gravity you can go around and do what you want (except float in midair). Gravity is evil. Let's ban gravity and lock up everyone who supports its racist ways.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Textom
Textom's picture
User is offlineOffline
AngelEngine wrote:

Quote:
Does evolution persuade young girls to not get pregnant? Does evolution persuade people to not do crimes that will put them in jail for 25 years?

Actually the answer is yes. It's the Bible that doesn't.

"After Jesus was born, the Old Testament basically became a way for Bible publishers to keep their word count up." -Stephen Colbert

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Boy

Beyond Saving wrote:

I also proclaim that gravity is racist. Gravity does nothing to stop racism. Gravity does nothing to stop teenage girls from getting pregnant and sometimes it even helps! Gravity doesn't persuade people not to do crimes that will put them in jail for 25 years. In fact, it even prevents helpless victims from floating away to safety.

If you believe in gravity you can go around and do what you want (except float in midair). Gravity is evil. Let's ban gravity and lock up everyone who supports its racist ways.

HAHAHAHA!  Yeah, I hate gravity too.  I think the same applies to oxygen and the sun.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Sleepy Norris
User is offlineOffline
I am going to say that

I am going to say that Gravity has prevented many teenage pregnacy's... although standing up isnt the best method for birthcontrol.

Here comes the ...
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving, I award you

Beyond Saving, I award you a sustained and heartfelt golf clap.  Well played!

As for the YouTuber, I suggest the following: 

"Here are some interesting percentages for you to consider:

In 1997 the Federal Bureau of Prisons statistics on the religious affiliations of prisoners indicate 80% of prisoners were Christians, and 0.2% of prisoners were atheists.  The number of atheists in prison is proportionately much lower than the number of atheists in the U.S. population generally.

A 2005 study published in the Journal of Religion & Society found that the countries with the highest percentages of their populations reporting belief in God and rejection of evolution also had the highest rates of violence and teen pregnancy.

In short, you don't know what you're talking about.  Try looking into something we like to call 'facts' before making more embarrassingly stupid statements."

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Self deleted my own

Self deleted my own idiocy... way, way to much sugar >.>

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
"

Beyond Saving wrote:

Agreed! If it isn't gravity that's responsible for keeping a brotha' down, I don't know what is.

shikko
User is offlineOffline
phooney wrote: Agreed! If

phooney wrote:

Agreed! If it isn't gravity that's responsible for keeping a brotha' down, I don't know what is.

We are no longer friends.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Harsh!

Harsh!

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just for kicks, tell him

Just for kicks, tell him that all black people will go to hell, just for being black.

AngelEngine
AngelEngine's picture
User is offlineOffline
Err, wow. His answer kind

Err, wow. His answer kind of pissed me off a bit.

"Of course not, they're natural, but that didn't answer anything I asked. So I don't see where Relativity belongs in this conversation."

I'm infallible. I don't know why you can't remember that.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh my no God...does this

Oh my no God...does this thing drink bleach, or is it truly this uninformed?  I refuse, and this may be naivety on my part, to believe that anyone is this moronic.

Maybe you should step back. I don't think this person (judging by their last post) actually knows what evolution is. 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism