Theists

ChristusAnhanger
User is offlineOffline
Theists

I noticed theists werent allowed, and i was just wondering why?
Theist forum websites allow us to voice our opinions on their websites.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.rationalresponder

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/freethinking_anonymous/5953

READ IT.... urgh damn it, how do we change the font size again? ah yes...

READ IT

is there a Bold, italic, and underline on this forum? There is? Splendid!

READ IT

please read it before my brain implodes...

What Would Kharn Do?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
in hind sight, i probably

in hind sight, i probably should have asked you to...

THINK

aswell... but! one step at a time

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
... what gave ya that idea

... what gave ya that idea ? , hell they ain't kicked me off yet, .... and I say "we are god" ! RRS is a place of learning, and debate. So what do you want to share ?

Lots of Jesus fans here, is that you ?  

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Theists are allowed to post.

Theists are allowed to post. Just not in this one section of the forums.

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
The rudeness you received

The rudeness you received was uncalled for.

I think you read the description to this forum that says theists are not allowed to post in this forum as meaning theists are not allowed to post on this message board. This is a common confusion mainly caused by inconsistent uses of the terms across the Internet. "Forum" means a public meeting place. Technically speaking, the entire message board is a "forum". However, sometimes "forum" is used to mean a certain category within the message board. Here, it should be interpreted as applying to a category within the message board.

The "Freethinking Anonymous" category itself is meant to be a place for agnostics and atheists to chit-chat without interference from people who believe in a god or gods. All the other categories, however, are open to theists as well. You are free to make suggestions for the show, to respond to some of the e-mails received by RRS, to debate atheists and agnostics or even other theists, discuss the environment, discuss philosophy and psychology, and so on. Theists are not being censored, merely asked to allow atheists and agnostics to have their own category in which they can chit-chat amongst themselves.

Please ignore the rude response you received and please do continue to post on this message board, just do so in any of the other categories Smiling

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theists are allowed in all

Theists are allowed in all forums except for Freethinking Anonymous. And obviously all the admin forums, which most members do not have access to.

God as You, are you saying you're a theist?

If god takes life he's an indian giver

ChristusAnhanger
User is offlineOffline
I see both sides of theism

I see both sides of theism and atheism, i understand where both sides are coming from and why they believe, or lack there of.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ChristusAnhanger wrote: I

ChristusAnhanger wrote:
I see both sides of theism and atheism, i understand where both sides are coming from and why they believe, or lack there of.

Being a former theist now atheist I can see both sides as well.  However, I now consider myself an atheist because that is the mindset I agree with.

Which side do you agree with?  Theist or Atheist?

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

ChristusAnhanger
User is offlineOffline
Well its hard to say. To

Well its hard to say. To totally understand theism you must have a one on one worship experience with God. Because thats supposedly when you're closest to Him.

But some atheists say that those feelings are just fake and lies.

What would you say those "experiences" are?

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
ChristusAnhanger

ChristusAnhanger wrote:

They are experiences. When people try to describe the experiences they have, they fumble on words and offer vague definition. However, from what I've gathered it is much the same as the experience I get when I'm playing live music, at a Black Label Society concert, or have a moment of clarity.

People become addicted to this experience and, even when they don't actually believe what they believe, they stick to it in the hopes of getting this experience.

Addiction is stronger than faith.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ChristusAnhanger

ChristusAnhanger wrote:
Well its hard to say. To totally understand theism you must have a one on one worship experience with God. Because thats supposedly when you're closest to Him.

But some atheists say that those feelings are just fake and lies.

I've felt that type of euphoria.  A lot of people felt the same with David Koresh. 

What would you say those "experiences" are that the Branch Dividians had to ol' Dave?

It's a facet of human nature that makes cults possible.  The same facet made Nazism possible. 

I would call those "experiences" unreasonable and completely divorced from both reality and your own personal best interests.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci