ABC News feature on "Pint-Sized Preachers"

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
ABC News feature on "Pint-Sized Preachers"

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3722015

Though this doesn't look like the entire video - just three minutes of it.

I'll see if I can find more.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's a longer version

Here's a longer version with some different material.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3718418

This is apparently part of an episode of "20/20" tonight at 8PM entitled "How Young is Too Young":

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=3684430&page=1

It's pretty clear that both of these kids are being coached, and for some reason people are all too willing to listen to them.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
The fuck is a living god

The fuck is a living god anyway? Are gods supposed to be dead?

stevedave83
stevedave83's picture
User is offlineOffline
A looooong time ago, I saw

A looooong time ago, I saw a talk show about "child prodigies".  The only two kids on the show that I remember were a nine year old female airplane pilot (that's amazing!!) and a seven year old minister/preacher (significantly less amazing).

Years later, this same kid (the preacher, not the pilot) was the subject of a documentary.  Unfortunately, the name of the doc and the kid escape me.

This documentary was seriously disturbing!  It followed the kid/preacher, now an early teen, and his family as they traveled the country in their RV for him to preach fire and brimstone all over the country...well, mainly the southern part.  This kid put up with daily "demonic attacks" and attempts at possession.  It looked like he was exhibiting severe schizoid behavior.

He need to be institutionalized and deprogrammed.  The kids in this show apparently need the same or else they might turn out the same way.

You can't rationally argue out something that was not rationally argued in.

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
CrimsonEdge wrote: The fuck

CrimsonEdge wrote:
Just bullshit Xtians say to make their god seem more credible

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.

stevedave83
stevedave83's picture
User is offlineOffline
Raki wrote: CrimsonEdge

Raki wrote:
CrimsonEdge wrote:
Just bullshit Xtians say to make their god seem more credible

True...it's supposed to mean that their god is active in their everyday lives and answers they prayers.  Just like the believers of every other god that has ever been invented. 

You can't rationally argue out something that was not rationally argued in.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
CrimsonEdge wrote:The fuck

CrimsonEdge wrote:

In the litterary sense, a dead god, would be one that is no longer worshipped

So heres hoping the Christian God will be lost in the anuls of time

What Would Kharn Do?

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote: It's pretty

geirj wrote:

It's pretty clear that both of these kids are being coached, and for some reason people are all too willing to listen to them.

Obviously so! These exploited kids are too young to be able to employ rational reasoning. They've been indoctrinated with the usual xian bullshit! For ABC to sensationalize them is an approbrium! 

Miracles don't exist. "Miracle" is a word given to a preposterous event that a theist considers dogmatically advantageous. Def. - Ecclesiastical sensationalism.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
When I was four I was

When I was four I was kicked out of a lutheran church for asking too many questions...Where was my tv special? "Pint-Sized Skeptic"

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Child Abuse

This is a perfect example of Child abuse. These kids don't know any better and they are being manipulated by attention whore parents! It makes me sick

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Buddhitarian (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
It is is possible the talk

It is is possible the talk show you are  referring to was about Marjoe Gortner.  He was a child prodigy minister at 6 or 7 and then went on to become an actor. He was totally manipulated by his parents for profit and notoriety. 

Peppermint42
atheistSuperfan
Peppermint42's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:When I

Beyond Saving wrote:

When I was four I was kicked out of a lutheran church for asking too many questions...Where was my tv special? "Pint-Sized Skeptic"

LOL That's truly unique, though.  Kids are notoriously gullible and aren't typically encouraged to form ideas of their own.  I want my baby to be a Pint-Sized Skeptic.  :D  Except when it's bedtime.  Bedtime is non-negotiable.