Article: U.S. military personnel are force-fed Christianity

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Article: U.S. military personnel are force-fed Christianity

A great article from ABC about Christianity in the military. I've been thinking about this quite a bit since one of the users on here, who recently joined the Marines, said he had a choice of either going to church on Sundays or working instead.

Another possible guest for the RRS radio show - Michael Weinstein from the Military Religious Freedom Foundation.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/CSM/story?id=3694726&page=1

Jesterspace
Jesterspace's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've been slinging this as a

I've been slinging this as a myspace bulletin.. and several have been posting it.. got several who aren't 'in the Myspace Atheist' loop to post it, too. I've got friends who are willing to post things outside the loop to cause more spread. Part of my strategy for using Myspace to assist.

"Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

AngelEngine
AngelEngine's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not suprising in the

Not suprising in the least... Bush obviously wants to make his army a christian army. That, and if his army WAS a christian army, he could justify the invasion of Iraq as being "a war on unchristian-like countries".

Anyways, one solider should just go "I REJECT THE HOLY SPIRIT", and no one will be trying to convert him anymore. 

I'm infallible. I don't know why you can't remember that.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
yeah, save the kids from

yeah, save the kids from evil, WAR is insanity, and tomarrow more war ?  whos idea is this ? monsters are real , to stop the monsters we must fix the tv.

Dawkins Rottweiler
Dawkins Rottweiler's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, they both have in common

the injunction not to think for yourself

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I read of this pretty long

I read of this pretty long ago in Freethought Today.