Voting Quiz

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voting Quiz

Here's an interesting Voting Quiz: http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

I wonder what this would look like a year from now (liars all!). It's interesting to note how you can see what their religious stance is, by looking at the "Disagree" column to see which candidates have listed Stem Cell Reasearch, abortion and marriage - kind of a give-away!

Miracles don't exist. "Miracle" is a word given to a preposterous event that a theist considers dogmatically advantageous. Def. - Ecclesiastical sensationalism.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chris Dodd is my candidate,

Chris Dodd is my candidate, apparently. Though he's from my home state of Connecticut, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Interestingly, I disagree with every single candidate from both parties on the future of Iraq.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aww... there was no question

Aww... there was no question for "Do you believe the IRS should be abolished?"

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah

Like John Edwards or Obama are actually gonna win.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Dennis Kucinich and Chris

Dennis Kucinich and Chris Dodd were top for me - next closest was Hillary Clinton (Who I intend on voting for.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got Dodd and

I got Dodd and Guliani.

I'll probably go with Guliani because taxes and SS are more important to me than immigration. 

It is nice to see that anyone with a chance of winning is on the same page as me with Stem-cell funding, gay marriage, and abortion rights (3 of my top issues) 

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
You want to vote for Benito

You want to vote for Benito Guilliani!!!!???? Jawdropping!

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
For taxes and social

For taxes and social security, I highly recommend Ron Paul.  He wants to completely abolish the IRS and allow us to opt out of social security.  He also appears to be one of the most honest politicians I've seen.  He is a pro-life Christian, so he would probably support anti-abortion legislation, as he would see that as protecting the unborn child's constitutional right to life.  However, he also has strong beliefs in individual freedom and secular government, and an excellent record of voting according to those beliefs (as opposed to according to which lobbyists are willing to pay the most).  So, I think the vast majority of Christian BS laws would get vetoed without a second thought.  I'll admit that I haven't researched the other candidates as well as I have this guy, but he is the first politician I've seen in decades that I would actually trust the white house to.

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got Hillary and Biden.

I got Hillary and Biden.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
The ticket is going to be

The ticket is going to be Hilary for prez and Obama for VP. I wish they'd just decide that now so they could get on with trouncing the Repubs...

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

magilum
User is offlineOffline
I got a rock. I mean

I got a rock.
I mean Gravel. Or Kucinich.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got Hilliary Clinton

I got Hilliary Clinton followed by Barack Obama - which is pretty close to how I felt before the survey.  However, I heard Obama speak on campus once and everytime I see him I now remember him talking about how when he first used to campaign people would not be able to pronounce his name and would say things like "What? Who's Ya Mama?"

qbg
User is offlineOffline
I got Kucinich and

I got Kucinich and Gravel.

With Kucinich, the only part that he differs on is immigration, and that part I didn't like any of the choices!

"What right have you to condemn a murderer if you assume him necessary to "God's plan"? What logic can command the return of stolen property, or the branding of a thief, if the Almighty decreed it?"
-- The Economic Tendency of Freethought

Snerd
Snerd's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: I got a

magilum wrote:
I got a rock.
Best use of an obscure reference ever. You're now one of my favorite people. And the fact that's now October makes it just a little funnier.By the way... I got Ron Paul. It kinda makes sense since he's more of a Libertarian than a Repubican. I don't agree with everything he says, and I don't think I'd vote for him, but if somehow he got the nomination, I think I could honestly vote for him. People certainly have voted for people that they agreed less with. I think if he could run as an independent, he might be a pretty good spoiler for the election. I don't think he'd win that way, but he would get enough votes to prove that a third party can finally be taken seriously in America.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey

Anyone know of a similar thing for canada? This chose your candinates thing I mean.