Creationism is for kids, science is for the mature

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Creationism is for kids, science is for the mature

Here's a little video which shows that it takes absolutely no education or knowledge to be a creationist or a preacher. Anyone who shouts, runs around back and forth, shouts even louder, and waves his arm around more than people watching a Nazi parade can be one.

What is the kid, about five? Creationists haven't progressed intellectually beyond the age of five? Listening to Kirk Cameron and banana man, or that peanut butter guy I would have to agree. After all, everything was created by magic and little children, or people with the minds of children, believe magicians aren't doing tricks, they are doing real magic, just like Jesus.

ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theists tend to be

Theists tend to be psychologically immature in general.  Same thing can be said for their concept of morality.  Anyone who has to be kept in line via fear of punishment or hope of reward has the moral compass of a child.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know, in a lot of

You know, in a lot of videos which are posted here, upon watching them, I often joke about being sick...well, this time I actually felt sick, watching it. I almost vomited (good thing I didn't. I am sitting next to a gene sequencer, a machine more expensive than all of our lives put together).

How...how can people do this. 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, this is how it's done,

Well, this is how it's done, isn't it? People who believe in God believe as the result of indoctrination that begins at birth. This kid is simply a talented performer in addition.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

pettman
User is offlineOffline
Are we sure it's not just a

Are we sure it's not just a case of bugus subtitles (I bloody hope it is)?

Watching it a bit more weakens that theory, certain word stems that occur in multiple languages (such as theo, ancient greek? for god borrowed into many other languages, and evolution) comes in about the right place.

BTW, what's the Christians/members of other Abrahamic religions problem with sharing ancestors with the apes? In my eyes that's a more appealing origin than the being made from a chunk of dirt as described in genesis (really, there wouldn't even sufficient amounts the needed elements to make up all the working cells in a human in said chunk of dirt).

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
pettman wrote: Are we sure

pettman wrote:

Sadly, it isn't. He mentions 'Evolucion" several times in his little diddy at the same times Evolution is written at the bottom.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
That kid said, "I was

That kid said, "I was created by God in my mother's belly."

Is that kid Jesus? Judging by the fact that he's speaking Spanish, I'd say it's not entirely out of the question that that's his name.

And before anyone accuses me of being a racist, let me point out two things-

1. I'm Hispanic. It's not unheard of for Hispanics to name one of their sons Jesus.
  2. Yes, I'm a little racist. So are you. So is everybody else in the world. Just a little bit. Relax. I won't hate you based on your race, but I just might make a little joke.

pettman wrote:

Sadly, it isn't a fault in the subtitles. The kid really is saying all that.

Also sad is the fact that this might not have been filmed in America*. Definitely not the Middle East, definitely the west, but probably not the US. We're not the only country with such large groups of creationists.

*I'm guessing this based solely on the language. So I'm making a judgement based on race. Sue me. Or better yet, click the link I put above. (Please don't sue me.)

If nothing else, this kid may be rich when he grows up. You know, "tax-free Sunday." 

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

Knight
User is offlineOffline
I, too, felt like getting

I, too, felt like getting sick while watching that video. However, that five year old says basically everything a preacher says, whom is like fifty years old.

I can't believe so many people are under the misinterpretation that *two monkeys, a mommy monkey and a daddy monkey, mated and had a human child*. :lol: 

Sadly, I was under this misinterpretation as a Christian. I just didn't know. I can't believe how naive I was, just like that poor five year old, simply repeating everything that he has been told. I'm surprised people haven't been claiming that the kid is some kind of prophet or something.  

The way the kid says it... "GOD MADE ME!!!" "I DIDN"T COME FROM A MONKEY!"....doesn't that kind of show how humans, but especially religious people, seem to think that THEY ARE VERY IMPORTANT and SPECIAL, and that the world CENTERS AROUND THEM. With evolution, the world doesn't revolve around them. Sadly, they are but a small spec in an entire universe, just like the rest of us. Why must these humans feel that kind of importance to live a valuable life? Why must we be the main desire of an omnipotent, omniscience, omnibenevolent God? What woud be the purpose of God creating us? Was he bored and suddenly got an epiphany: (After an INFINITY..."Hm, I think I'll create heaven and earth, and it will take me six days, and I'll have people write a Holy Book about it for me, and I shall sent plagues and famine and death to all those who disobey me. This should help pass the time."

You know what I never understood? Why would God be God? How could he have been created? Why couldn't I have been God? Was it just a "chance" when the universe was born? But then, what's the need for a God at all? Answer: There isn't.

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
The sad shit is,i remember

The sad shit is,i remember being like that kid at age 7.