Death before conversion

systemnate
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Death before conversion

If God is all knowing, all loving, and all powerful then he knows the course of action that will unfold in a persons life. If someone accepted Christ at say age 20 then they are very "lucky" to not have died before reaching that decision right? People die randomly (murder, car wreck, cancer etc.) all the time - atheists, christians, and more importantly for this topic potential believers. Everytime I hear a theist say that he accepted christ at again say age 20 I always want to ask them if they feel they are lucky to not have died before reaching that decision (therefore avoiding Hell). If they say they are lucky that means god is very mean to condemn someone he knows would eventually accept christ. If they say they are not lucky and it happens by fate or according to god's plan do they believe that every atheist that dies would never have accepted christ? Obviously if god is all knowing he knew before I was even born if I would accept christ, and would be cruel to even have created me, but that aside its something I always want to ask when I hear a debate - "Since you were a nonbeliever for 20 years, you sure are lucky that you didn't die during the time right?".

Just a thought. Does this make sense? Or has anyone ever asked a theist this - if so what was the response?

- Nate

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
systemnate wrote: "Since

systemnate wrote:

"Since you were a nonbeliever for 20 years, you sure are lucky that you didn't die during the time right?".

Just a thought. Does this make sense? Or has anyone ever asked a theist this - if so what was the response?

- Nate

Hi Nate and welcome to the forums!

That makes sense to me.  If nonbelievers are "supposed" to have really bad luck, it's amazing they aren't crippled or killed beforehand.

If the answer is "God knew I would eventually accept christ" your other argument tears that to shreds

systemnate wrote:
Obviously if god is all knowing he knew before I was even born if I would accept christ, and would be cruel to even have created me

However, I suspect if you really ever got to use that argument, the xian would get that glazed I Don't Hear You look and wander away. 

By the way, we'd like to get to know you a little better.  When you get a chance, we'd love it if you'd hop over to the General Conversation, Introductions and Humor forum and create an introduction thread. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.