Luna
Luna's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Psychology of it All -- Exploiting Children

Thinks4Self
Thinks4Self's picture
User is offlineOffline
Every time I see this clip I

Every time I see this clip I am more and more disturbed.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
I find it interesting that

I find it interesting that the West gets up in arms about the moderate Moslums not speaking out against the extremist in their midst, but I have yet to hear any criticism from X'ians about the above video.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:I find it

Randalllord wrote:
I find it interesting that the West gets up in arms about the moderate Moslums not speaking out against the extremist in their midst, but I have yet to hear any criticism from X'ians about the above video.

Good theists rarely if ever rebuke the bad theist. And that is because Faith is involved on both sides is why good theists are silent. Good theists can't fight bullshit with bullshit. You can not bring a person of faith to reason using faith. All theists have faith that they should read the bible a certain way and act on those understandings. Good theists do act as a shield for the bad theists, and it is because of them that we have a hard time criticizing the real problem which is theism and especially holybooks/religion.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
There are a few criticism

There are a few criticism from christians floating around, but not many and then there are those christians who still see it as a good thing...

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
AntiFaith wrote:Randalllord

AntiFaith wrote:
Randalllord wrote:

Good theists rarely if ever rebuke the bad theist. And that is because Faith is involved on both sides is why good theists are silent. Good theists can't fight bullshit with bullshit. You can not bring a person of faith to reason using faith. All theists have faith that they should read the bible a certain way and act on those understandings. Good theists do act as a shield for the bad theists, and it is because of them that we have a hard time criticizing the real problem which is theism and especially holybooks/religion.

Point well taken, but it could also be that one myth believer is afraid to challenge anothers' myth as to expose the flaws of the other. This can be then turned against him. This is the Golden Rule being applied to thoughts, I won't challenge your myth and you won't challenge mine. This leads people to stand by while attrocities are commited in the name of their God.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:AntiFaith

Randalllord wrote:
AntiFaith wrote:
Randalllord wrote:

Point well taken, but it could also be that one myth believer is afraid to challenge anothers' myth as to expose the flaws of the other. This can be then turned against him. This is the Golden Rule being applied to thoughts, I won't challenge your myth and you won't challenge mine. This leads people to stand by while attrocities are commited in the name of their God.

Yea that makes sense. "Beliefs are to be respected" Even though at least on some level they are not. Christiians use our debunking against Islam and Islam uses our stuff to debunk Christianity.

But Christian to Christian, noone can prove anything about what the bible say to eachother. Each denomination has faith in its understanding of scripture. Christins debate eachother but its usually bullshit against bullshit. The bible is bullshit and so is faith.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Agreed. My point was that

Agreed. My point was that it's hypocritical of the Xians to demand the Moslums denounce their extremists when they won't do it either.

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:Agreed. My

Randalllord wrote:
Agreed. My point was that it's hypocritical of the Xians to demand the Moslums denounce their extremists when they won't do it either.

Agreed...

Luna
Luna's picture
User is offlineOffline
AntiFaith wrote:Randalllord

AntiFaith wrote:
Randalllord wrote:

That's an excellent point you bring up and now that I think back I realize how true it is. The conservatives NEVER reprimand thier literalists.

Are the conservatives unethical? have no integrity?

Is it a case of "we just look the other way?"

Personally, if I found myself in a situation like this I would have a hard time remaining silent and passive about the matter.

Support bacteria--it's the only culture some people have

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luna wrote:Are the

Luna wrote:
Are the conservatives unethical? have no integrity?

No. Not all. They have integrity and are good people. They stuck with the bible. They are stuck with Christianity as thier religion.

Luna wrote:
Is it a case of "we just look the other way?"

Not always. Online, Christians do debate eachother, sometimes, but no one is really using good arguments, because they can't always when it comes to the bible. Why is it only televangelsist charismatic crooks, and conservative asshole Christians are on TV and not Liberal Christians? Not all Evangelicals are are conservative...the Freinds Evangelicals are an example. But the bible is where "God says" and they still support that many of them.
I say that is a problem..though I am suspicious of theism in general not just religion.
Luna wrote:
Personally, if I found myself in a situation like this I would have a hard time remaining silent and passive about the matter.

How powerful the pull of religious culture is. Also how powerful Faith is. Also how powerful heaven and hell are to people? I blame the mind virus. We can't reason with them sometimes, so we need anti-theists and others to try and help. I think if anti-theists lean on religion a bit, in the process, some will be free of theism or religion and religion itself may start to get off thier butts. I think if atheists keep debunking God atheism will eventually be not so small a minority and perhaps there will be much more people who reject religion and holybooks. People will be hesitent to say or they may not say "God says"

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, Back to the clip. No

Ok, Back to the clip. No more "what ifs".
Why very few if any christians are speaking out about this film is that they think the founder of the camp may very well be fulfilling gods will.

a sample along the lines of what i had been taught and recall thinking, as a christian.

"It may seem extreme to us, but its so small compared to what god has done in the OT. It really is nothing in comparison.
Besides, look at those kids! They look so filled with the holy spirit! I should be that devoted. Maybe this camp is just what us christians need."

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

Godslayer
User is offlineOffline
That is so upsetting and

Barf!

That is so upsetting and disturbing. They are brainwashing and tormenting those kids. I can only watch it once. That is clearly child abuse and insanity defined at any scale in our modern society, at least I would think. That should be heavily criticized by the media.

These kids are living in a word where they go about their lives thinking there is some kind of invisible angry person ready to kill or torture them and/or if they are not in their best behavior. I would think that this could potentially scar these kids for the rest of their lives.

Never mind that society would go down the tube if this were to spread with any efficiency.

wtf
That is so fucking insane! I can't fucking stand it!

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Angelic_Atheist wrote:Ok,

Angelic_Atheist wrote:
Ok, Back to the clip. No more "what ifs".
Why very few if any christians are speaking out about this film is that they think the founder of the camp may very well be fulfilling gods will.

a sample along the lines of what i had been taught and recall thinking, as a christian.

"It may seem extreme to us, but its so small compared to what god has done in the OT. It really is nothing in comparison.
Besides, look at those kids! They look so filled with the holy spirit! I should be that devoted. Maybe this camp is just what us christians need."

Yea.

Luna
Luna's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:How powerful the pull

Quote:
How powerful the pull of religious culture is. Also how powerful Faith is. Also how powerful heaven and hell are to people? I blame the mind virus.

You might enjoy the article on this website (if you haven't seen it already): http://www.christianitymeme.org/

Support bacteria--it's the only culture some people have

Godslayer
User is offlineOffline
Here is a debate on bill

Here is a debate on bill maher's about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUjNRY2L8k

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Luna: You might enjoy

Quote:

Luna: You might enjoy the article on this website (if you haven't seen it already): http://www.christianitymeme.org/

Thank you Luna. I havent.

Quote:
God Slayer : Here is a debate on bill maher's about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUjNRY2L8k

Thank you God Slayer.
I am suprised to see debate like that on tv. That was good.

Adam Burnfin
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:AntiFaith

Randalllord wrote:
AntiFaith wrote:
Randalllord wrote:

I agree with your last statement. Simply tolerating something and doing nothing towards improving the situation is naive, because negative things will continue to occur.

Dios ha Muerto. -??? (teehee)
----------------------
"Solipsism is crazy". ... haha.