A Possible Experiment - Your Thoughts?

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
A Possible Experiment - Your Thoughts?

I've been talking with a woman named Donna on http://www.righteousresponders.com.  I proposed an experiment after she left this post:

Donna wrote:
UGHHHHHHHH!

For a righteous life you do not NEED those things!

You need God. That's it.

For human life you need all that other stuff. I believe in things like science for the benefits of mankind, but again, if it goes against the belief of Christ, I stay away from those things.

AGAIN...(and this is said in utter frustration!) you do not NEED anything but God and His word to have a righteous life. We are not to follow the philosophies of man, because they are paths that ultimately lay the path for death.

My response:

"For a righteous life, you need God, that's it. " - Donna

I ask that you submit to an experiment, Donna.   For one year, no electricity, no modern technology, no medicine, no processed foods.   Live life as life existed in Biblical times.

(That also means no toilets or indoor running water. )

If, at the end of one year, you are able to live life without any of the modern conveniences, and God is able to provide for you, then I will take your faith seriously.   In the meantime, it strikes me as rather hypocritical that you can use modern technology while denouncing the science and reason that led to its existence.

Why do you deliberately ignore the fact that most everything you use in everyday life came from the process of reason - not a matter of faith?  Electricity, silicon chips, computers, heck, even concrete.   You use it but yet you claim it's not important.   Please prove this true.

So, fellow RRSers, what do you think about the idea of having a web feed of Donna living off the land?  What protocols should we put in place to make sure she's living a Biblical life?  What technology exists today that didn't exist in Biblical times so that she can't use modern conveniences?

Thanks for the help!

-FG 

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Web feeds & electricity

Web feeds & electricity didn't exist then.

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
No shit.  We'd interview

No shit.  We'd interview her from time to time and keep the cameras rolling.  I'd be eminently amused.

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Technically I guess she

Technically I guess she could lead a "righteous" life (whatever the fuck that means) like that, it just would be a shitty one, and a short one.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team