Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I got it right and

Quote:
I got it right and you others got it wrong

What a gigantic huge news flash. 

Hey phallace wearing comic book expert who lives in a palace of the sweat and labor of his followers. I bet they feel the same way about you.

Well take heart Mr nosy, my money will never reach your collection plate. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
What else could they say

What else could they say though, realisticly?

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
I read this and tried to

I read this and tried to think of something more clever to say than 'fuck the pope'.

He and his groupies are religious extremists of the worst kind.  Fuck!!  He does not even realize how stupid he sounds!!  "No, my made-up stuff is right; your made-up stuff is wrong."  Asshat.

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crap, I posted this same

Crap, I posted this same article in the General Conversation thread.  Could a nice mod merge them or zap mine?

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religious Stupidity Exemplified

From the Chicago Tribune:

WORLD

Vatican decree upsets some

Document reasserts other denominations can't bring salvation

By Nicole Winfield
Associated Press
Published July 11, 2007

LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy -- Pope Benedict XVI reasserted the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to salvation.

The statement brought swift criticism from Protestant leaders. "It makes us question whether we are indeed praying together for Christian unity," said the World Alliance of Reformed Churches, a fellowship of 75 million Protestants in more than 100 countries.

Rites and Revelations

"It makes us question the seriousness with which the Roman Catholic Church takes its dialogues with the reformed family and other families of the church," the group said in a letter charging that the document took ecumenical dialogue back to the era before the Second Vatican Council.

It was the second time in a week that the pontiff has corrected what he says are erroneous interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, the 1962-1965 meetings that modernized the church. On Saturday, the pontiff revived the old Latin mass -- a move cheered by Catholic traditionalists but criticized by more liberal ones as a step backward from Vatican II.

The pope, who attended Vatican II as a young theologian, has long complained about what he considers its erroneous interpretation by liberals, saying it was not a break from the past but rather a renewal of church tradition.

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which Benedict headed before becoming pope, said it was issuing the new document Tuesday because some contemporary theological interpretations of Vatican II's ecumenical intent had been "erroneous or ambiguous" and had prompted confusion and doubt.

The new document restates key sections of a 2000 text the pope wrote when he was prefect of the congregation, "Dominus Iesus," which riled Protestant and other Christian denominations because it said they were not true churches but merely ecclesial communities and therefore did not have the "means of salvation."

The commentary repeated church teaching that says the Catholic Church "has the fullness of the means of salvation."

"Christ 'established here on earth' only one church," said the document released as the pope vacations at a villa in Lorenzago di Cadore, in Italy's Dolomite Mountains.

The other communities "cannot be called 'churches' in the proper sense" because they do not have apostolic succession -- the ability to trace their bishops back to Christ's original apostles -- and therefore their priestly ordinations are not valid, it said.

The document said that Orthodox churches are indeed "churches" because they have apostolic succession and enjoyed "many elements of sanctification and of truth." But it said they do not recognize the primacy of the pope -- a defect, or a "wound," it said.

"This is obviously not compatible with the doctrine of primacy which, according to the Catholic faith, is an 'internal constitutive principle' of the very existence of a particular church," said a commentary from the congregation that accompanied the text.

Despite the harsh tone, the document emphasized that the pontiff remains committed to ecumenical dialogue.

Copyright © 2007, Chicago Tribune

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Vatican decree

Quote:

DUH! And the Tribune gets my "Thank you Captian Obvious" award for the title.

Don't worry I am still glad you did the story. I simple get ticked at people who wallow in weath, pretend to be poor, and act like they have the right to dictate to the world.

The Pope to me is like any Cleric or Rabbi or Minster. I dont want them arrested or burned at the stake, I just wish they would stop acting like they have the right to rule the world. Take care of your own and stop acting like you own me.

The Pope is a clown and deserves to be criticised. He sits in a palace that if sold could wipe out hunger in Europe if not Europe and Africa. He tells people not to use things that could save their lives and now he goes around telling other Christians they got it wrong.

The Pope should mind his own business and stop pretending his invisable friend in the sky has any rights over my mind or my body.

"They got it wrong" Yep, here is a news flash King Clown, they (Baptists, Mormons, JWs ect) think you got it wrong, not to mention Jews and Muslims.

Take that phallece you wear on your head and stuff it where the sun dont shine. You dont own me or anyone else. The world does not revolve around you King Clown. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Fish
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Vatican decree

Quote:

I'm not sure I quite understand why anyone would be upset.

The Catholics would be okay with it because they're still considered "true" by the person whose authority they rely upon, right?

And everyone else doesn't care what he says anyway, right?

I just don't understand Christianity... 

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
I do not understand why

I do not understand why everyone here is so angry at the Catholic Church about this.  What else were they to do?  Say that they aren't God's authority on Earth, renounce their power, and embrace Buddhism?  The Church maintains that they are the truth because that is who they are.  They are unable to say anything else.  I'm not saying they shouldn't embrace a moral relativistic doctrine, I'm sayin that it is impossible for them to.

I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
So Catholicism is the "One

So Catholicism is the "One True FaithTM," huh?

Mr. Pope, about five billion people would like to have a word with you.

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even the catholics hate him

Even the catholics hate him now.

Or at least the ones I know. 

Largo
Largo's picture
User is offlineOffline
This pope is full of shit

This pope is full of shit (weren't they all?). This statement has all the power of a kid on a playground saying, "My dad can whip your dad." Of course, in this case the other kid says, "Your dad IS my dad!"