Opinion in local paper.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Opinion in local paper.

I just stumbled upon this opinion today. You are more than welcome to contact the paper to respond.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/opinion/story/116061.html

(Mod edit - fixed link)

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is something wrong

There is something wrong with the link, I think.  It goes to site, but it's blank. 

[EDIT - link fixed]

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me when I

It works for me when I click on it. Are others having a problem?

BTW, this is the editoral of a columnist, not my opinion. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That columnist is a

That columnist is a doucheface.

Jarem Asyder
Jarem Asyder's picture
User is offlineOffline
The term oxymoronic doesn't

The term oxymoronic doesn't even begin to describe this columnist. 
I mean, he's essentially crying that Dawkins and Hitchens are stupid. Its a completely infantile article, no matter how many buzz words he uses to try and sound smart.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It took 5 paragraphs before

It took 5 paragraphs before it was apparent that he asserts things which are untrue. Ironically the same moment he started his argument. Either he's a liar, or he's ignorant.

"since humans are the only animals who know in advance they are going to die"

Sorry pal, but elephants and dolphins can do that too. They also appear to be just as disconcerted at the idea as we are.

He also seems to have a problem in that he doesn't have a point to the article beyond attempting to discredit Dawkins and Hitchens. Considering he's from a school of divinity, the idea he could do any such thing is quite laughable.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.