This is a pretty nifty discovery

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is a pretty nifty discovery

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070423/sc_livescience/ancientrainforestrevealedincoalmine

I don't know much about science and Geology (I'm trying to learn though), but I think this stuff is immensely fascinating.  I'm astounded that things like this can be preserved for as long as they have. 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is pretty awesome. To

That is pretty awesome. To make a find like this where the items were flash covered and did not have time to rot away is very cool and very important.

NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea Science....I love

Yea Science....I love reading stuff like that it gets my archeology/biogreography nerd centers working

No Gods, Know Peace.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Very cool!  If I were a

Very cool!  If I were a geologist, I would be wetting my pants with excitement now, however since I am not I will merely sit here with a slightly puzzled but interested look on my face.  It will be interesting to see what kind of information they will discover from this.  I think this kind of stuff is fascinating too even if I don't always understand it.  Thanks for sharing!

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL!!!  JCE, I think I

LOL!!!  JCE, I think I would be sitting right next to you looking equally puzzled and fascinated at the same time.  There are so many scientists on this forum, it's nice to have someone who also doesn't fully understand this stuff.  Laughing

If god takes life he's an indian giver