Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
That just links to some

That just links to some commersials Sad

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
yeah I noticed that a little

yeah I noticed that a little while ago. Maybe this will work better than the video.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061202/FEATURES01/612020312

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree; wtf. Why can't they

I agree; wtf. Why can't they keep their damn religion out of punk. We already have the perfect song;

"Your brain is clay
What's going on?
You picked up a bible
And now you're gone"

Minor Threat - Filler

User is offlineOffline
I wish the video link worked

I wish the video link worked and I can't find it now at that site. Anyway, on the video it showed him preaching to punks...in a bar. That would never happen at my local bar. Most of the patrons are xtian, but no one wants to hear that shite when you're getting piss drunk.
I love minor threat, btw. I've got straight edge. Smiling

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
This doofus was on Good

This doofus was on Good Morning America today. My mom was watching and said "Do you hear this?" I said I had heard of him already. She said "So Jim And Tammy Baker's son is a punk rocker?" I said "He thinks he is." She asked "Is he a Christian Punk rocker?" I said "yeah." She laughed. I have mentioned she believes the superstitious nonsense, but not to the point of the fundies and such.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:This

MattShizzle wrote:
This doofus was on Good Morning America today. My mom was watching and said "Do you hear this?" I said I had heard of him already. She said "So Jim And Tammy Baker's son is a punk rocker?" I said "He thinks he is." She asked "Is he a Christian Punk rocker?" I said "yeah." She laughed. I have mentioned she believes the superstitious nonsense, but not to the point of the fundies and such.

Yeah, it's like, "Hey, I got tattoos, some piercings-I'm real punk now. I'm a Christian Punk." Well, I'm not buying it and those poor suckers he preaches to shouldn't be so gullible.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
He's a punk-ass, not a

He's a punk-ass, not a punk-rocker! :ROTF:

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian punk is an

Christian punk is an oxymoron, like rational faith and creation science.

townsend01
townsend01's picture
User is offlineOffline
OPUG

Just streamed the first episode of One Punk from Yahoo after reading this thread, and I actually thought the show was pretty good. I'm an atheist through and through, so I can't understand how Jay could even want anything to do with religion after the scandal his parents went through. On the other hand, I can appreciate that Jay's trying to create a chruch that is open to everyone and holds its service in a bar. You can stream the first episode for free if you haven't seen it yet here:
http://tv.yahoo.com/one-punk-under-god/show/38989;_ylt=AnnpAYUhg4us9fThl_qkufiAo9EF
I think the second episode airs tomorrow night on the Sundance Channel...

User is offlineOffline
Yeah, but do you really want

Yeah, but do you really want to be preached to when you are engaging in the "sin" of getting drunk?