What Katherine Harris said:

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What Katherine Harris said:

Remember this skanky-assed, hideously over-made up bitch that helped make sure GWB got in in 2001?

Rep. Harris' Religious Remarks Draw Ire
By Associated Press
2 hours ago

MIAMI - U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris told a religious journal that separation of church and state is "a lie" and God and the nation's founding fathers did not intend the country be "a nation of secular laws."

The Republican candidate for U.S. Senate also said that if Christians are not elected, politicians will "legislate sin," including abortion and gay marriage.

Harris made the comments in the Florida Baptist Witness, the weekly journal of the Florida Baptist State Convention, which interviewed political candidates and asked them about religion and their positions on issues.

Separation of church and state is "a lie we have been told," Harris said in the interview, published Thursday, saying separating religion and politics is "wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers."

"If you're not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin," Harris said.

Her comments drew criticism, including some from fellow Republicans who called them offensive and not representative of the party.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., who is Jewish, told the Orlando Sentinel that she was "disgusted" by the comments.

"Congresswoman Harris encourages Americans from all walks of life and faith to participate in our government," said a brief statement from the Harris campaign. "She continues to be an unwavering advocate of religious rights and freedoms."

Harris' opponents in the GOP primary also gave interviews to the Florida Baptist Witness but made more general statements on their faith.

Harris, 49, faced widespread criticism for her role overseeing the 2000 presidential recount as Florida's secretary of state.

State GOP leaders _ including Gov. Jeb Bush _ don't think she can win against Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson in November. Fundraising has lagged, frustrated campaign workers have defected in droves and the issues have been overshadowed by news of her dealings with a corrupt defense contractor who gave her $32,000 in illegal campaign contributions.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
it is obvious, from these

it is obvious, from these statements that the florida 2000 election was rigged. She's what I like to call a god-whore. I bet she masturbates with a crucifix. Fucking bitch. (I'm sorry...her and coulter really get me pissed off) People like her are the reason why this country is going to shit. People like her are the reason why I am now an activist as opposed to an apatheist.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
And people actually like

And people actually like these bitches. Scary.

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:And people

MattShizzle wrote:
And people actually like these bitches. Scary.

It's even scarier when they are elected to serve as government officials.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

Nick
User is offlineOffline
The fear that this country

The fear that this country edges on theocracy seems to be growing by the minute... The majority of the US is Christian. And in Democracy, the majority word goes. Thus I fear, sooner or later, all rights of homosexuals, atheists, and anyone who isn't a Christian will be stripped away and we'll officially go back to burning witches. It seems it's only a matter of time. Obviously these people don't give a shit about the US constitution anymore. All they care about is the Bible. Most of the people in the US don't seem to give a shit about the constitution. Assholes and idiots are running this country. FUCK.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."