unacceptable activism? Pigs heads staked Islamic school site

cam
User is offlineOffline
unacceptable activism? Pigs heads staked Islamic school site

This article has come through on SMH this morning: Pigs heads staked Islamic school site

The heads of two pigs have been found on stakes at the site of a proposed Islamic school in Sydney's south-west.

While I'm all for opposing religious schools, this type of thing erks me. It doesn't really win any friends, in fact I don't think it acheives anything except inflaming the situation.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would not even call this

I would not even call this activisim, its like painting a swatika on the side of a jewish home. Hate speech is the closet term I can use.

Morte alla tyrannus et dei

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
The exact same thing was

The exact same thing was done at the site of the islamic community center in the hills district both before and after its construction.  There was regular defacement and things like this until 6 months after it was in operation, until the people in the area finally realised it wasn't a mosque and wasn't bringing "bad people" to the area.

The Hills District is Sydney's bible belt, for those who aren't aware.  It's easy to guess from this who I believe (without any proof what so ever mind you, so will be easily swayed by any and all forms of proof) is behind it.  Hint: It ain't atheists.

I was actually of the hope that people would learn from what happened in the Hills District and not pull shit like this.  That's my biggest flaw though, I have too much faith in people. 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you read my previous

If you read my previous article, you would realize I have a strong dislike for modern Islam. Even so, this is extremely unacceptable, vile, disguisting behaivour. Far over the line. I do agree with Zombie. It is like paining a Swastika on the side of a Jewish home.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism