Greydon Square and CFI's Justin Trottier on CBC

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greydon Square and CFI's Justin Trottier on CBC

Just saw a piece on CBC's The National about atheism in Canada. It had a great interview with Justin Trottier from Centre For Inquiry (CFI) Ontario, talking about his incident with discrimination as he posted flyers around Toronto. Also had a brief bit about Greydon Square, from his Toronto appearance. Pretty cool. Didn't get it on tape though. Did anyone else happen to tape it? Would be cool to put it on YouTube.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

joew
User is offlineOffline
The CBC has the streaming

The CBC has the streaming video posted online at: http://www.cbc.ca/national/blog/video/immigrationdiversity/spreading_atheism.html

Also if you search YouTube you can watch the full presentation Greydon did at the CFI, along with his performance. 

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great job finding that

Great job finding that link. Thanks! Here are the two video links for those interested:

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/23745/thenational/archive/athiesm-100507.wmv

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/23745/thenational/archive/athiesm2-100507.wmv 

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks a ton for those

Thanks a ton for those links, guys. Here's what I posted on the comment forum:

I thought the most revealing part of this video was when the nice Christian fellow commented on the beautiful hummingbird in his back yard. He mentioned its beauty and delicacy and the wonder he felt as he regarded it. Then he said that it was all the reflected glory of God.

What did that last point add to anything? How did the hummingbird's alleged association with a supernatural being contribute in any way to its beauty or marvelousness or the fellow's appreciation of these things? It was similar when he spoke so reverently about the "divine spark" inside all people. What is a divine spark anyway? Why can't people just be valuable and wonderful and interesting in and of themselves? It seems to me that God adds nothing to the conversation except a layer of confusion and muddled thinking.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Found it on

Found it on YouTube:

By the way, this officially puts Greydon Square in  Google News.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good points Tilberian. I

Good points Tilberian. I completely agree.