Morons vandalize home of Atheist

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Morons vandalize home of Atheist

Vandals egg house of local atheist

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=43811&src=1

The home of a local outspoken atheist was vandalized overnight Friday, police said -- with eggs tossed at the house and cars, and crosses and religious words scrawled in chalk on the driveway.

A church bulletin also was stuck on the front door.

The incident comes days after Rob Sherman's daughter, Dawn, led a successful effort to have the song "God Bless America" yanked from Buffalo Grove High School's homecoming celebration. Dawn Sherman is a freshman on the student council.

The vandalism likely was the retaliatory work of youngsters, police Sgt. Mike Millett said -- since it came on the heels of the school incident and because one of the chalked words, "Jesus," was misspelled.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Vandals egg

D-cubed wrote:

Vandals egg house of local atheist

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=43811&src=1

The home of a local outspoken atheist was vandalized overnight Friday, police said -- with eggs tossed at the house and cars, and crosses and religious words scrawled in chalk on the driveway.

A church bulletin also was stuck on the front door.

The incident comes days after Rob Sherman's daughter, Dawn, led a successful effort to have the song "God Bless America" yanked from Buffalo Grove High School's homecoming celebration. Dawn Sherman is a freshman on the student council.

The vandalism likely was the retaliatory work of youngsters, police Sgt. Mike Millett said -- since it came on the heels of the school incident and because one of the chalked words, "Jesus," was misspelled.

"Treaty of Tripoly, artical 11, READ IT" 

So let me get this streight , only Christians have the right to use public events to equate patriotism to their god and everyone else must take a back seat? I dont think so.

These vandles are inmature idiots and have no clue about the founders or the Constitution. If they get caught their punishment should be reading the Treaty of Tripoli, and the First Amendment and Oath of Office and "no religious test" in OUR constitution. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
How the fuck do they

How the fuck do they misspell jesus? isn't it on that damn church flyer? Holy zeus

kenderoth
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
And "wow is me" said the

And "wow is me" said the church and that Atheist's are the ones that opress and bully them. But seriously chruches say they are being bullied.

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good 'ol Rob Sherman. Been

Good 'ol Rob Sherman. Been fighting against theism up around here for as long as I can I remember. While the vandalism is unfortunate, yet predictable, I wouldn't want to lose sight of the positive -- the lack of outrage from the student body as a whole over the issue that started this whole thing. The fact that Dawn got "god Bless America" bounced barely made the news.

Like father, like daughter in fight for their beliefs

Click here to find out more!

The torch is passed to a new generation of atheist activists.

Recently, the student council at Buffalo Grove High School was reviewing a suggested list of songs to be played for homecoming festivities later this month. Freshman council member Dawn Sherman, 14, raised an objection to "God Bless America."

Her father, atheist activist Rob Sherman who has led dozens of fights to keep church and state separate since 1986, would have been—in fact was—proud.

"I said I thought we should keep the music secular," Dawn told me.

Interestingly, the other students on the council went along without a fuss.

"The kids just said, 'Oh, that makes sense,' " said Mark Sheffron, assistant principal in charge of student activities.

And so it does.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

stevedave83
stevedave83's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've been there...just not

I've been there...just not quite as bad.

When I was in high school, my house was egged by members of the Y-Club (xian student organization afilliated with YMCA) on the same night that I was having a Halloween party.  A couple of students from the group came over before they did it and warned me that they had been talking about it.  I thought the were joking.

You can't rationally argue out something that was not rationally argued in.