Question for YEC's

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
Question for YEC's

Ok, if God created the universe 6000 years ago or so, you have to deal with the problem of the light from stars - for the first couple years, there would be no stars visible from earth, then a couple would show up, and as time went on, more would continue to show up, but not nearly as many as we see today.  Now the common excuse here is that God created the light already on its way here.  Ignoring the physics problems we see here, the light from stars tens of thousands of light years away - do they exist?  If the world is going to end at some point in the future, and we can see the light from a star thats "true light" will never get here, does it even exist at all?  And what of stars that are closer to us, yet still within the several-thousand year range?  Has God been shining a flashlight upon us until the "true light" actually came?  How, in fact, do we know any stars exist?

I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
If you have read David

If you have read David Mill's book "The atheist universe"  he mentions a book about cosmology and physics that states "The light from the furtherest start only took 15 years to get here" this person made no argument of how just stated this. Oh and get this, this person was a Vetrinain (sp?)

SamSexton
User is offlineOffline
for one, our sun is a star

for one, our sun is a star so we know stars exist. by extention we can also say that if we were far enough away from our sun, it would appear as a mere speck in the sky so the logical assumption is that the specks you see in the sky must be stars of some form.

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
What I mean is if you are to

What I mean is if you are to say that the light from most stars was created by God, why couldn't you say that by our sun?  How do we know it really exists?

I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

croath
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I'm not a YEC, but you may

I'm not a YEC, but you may be interested in a book like Russel Humphrey's "Starlight & Time".  Though I think some YEC's think there are problems with this model, it's interesting nonetheless as a potential solution to the problem.  You may also be interested in reading the articles related to your very question here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/astronomy.asp