Calling all Science folks

Crossover
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Calling all Science folks

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm no good with science. So, for all athiests that are please visit:

http://www.myspace.com/darwinsmyth  

Take up your science problems with them. I don't know if they'll read your post let alone respond but hey, they're science people who believe in God. Talk to them!

My Master has no desire to be merely victor in a debate: he did not come into the world to fight a battle of logic just
for the sake of winning it. --Charles Spurgeon

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why are you bringing this

Why are you bringing this up now?

That thing in the other thread I have been trying to discuss with you? That is philosophy, not science.

[Get them to come here if you want debate. I hate cross-forum posting]. 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
What's with creationists

What's with creationists always throwing around the term Darwinist or Darwinism.  Is there some sort of Darwin religion I'm not aware of?  I believe in evolution just like I believe in genetics but that doesn't make me a Darwinist or a Menelist, nor does believing in calculus make me a Newtonist.  Or is it a case of religion on the brain so creationists have to relay everything in religious terminology?

I went to the myspace page.  All I saw there were creationists, I didn't see that any scientists actually ran the page.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: What's with

Quote:

What's with creationists always throwing around the term Darwinist or Darwinism.  Is there some sort of Darwin religion I'm not aware of?  I believe in evolution just like I believe in genetics but that doesn't make me a Darwinist or a Menelist, nor does believing in calculus make me a Newtonist.  Or is it a case of religion on the brain so creationists have to relay everything in religious terminology?

Exactly!

What is this creationist fetishism with Charles Darwin?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
What's this? Starting a new

What's this? Starting a new thread? But you said in the other thread you had no time to answer, but here you are starting a new thread!

Crossover wrote:

I'm getting more questions and less time to answer.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Textom
Textom's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe I'm just not good at

Maybe I'm just not good at the Internets, but I can't seem to find any content to disagree with on the site at the other end of this link.

It's just a big collection of copy-pasted quotes, Bible verses and links to old clips made by other people.  There don't appear to be any original opinions.

"After Jesus was born, the Old Testament basically became a way for Bible publishers to keep their word count up." -Stephen Colbert

stevedave83
stevedave83's picture
User is offlineOffline
I really couldn't find much

I really couldn't find much content either.  I must admit, though, that I only spent about two or three minutes there...the flashing lights and harsh colors nearly sent me into an epileptic seizure.

You can't rationally argue out something that was not rationally argued in.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
So instead of posting a

So instead of posting a single argument that is of his own opinion, we've been linked to a crappy Myspace page that has all kinds of links to other pages?

So... is the suggestion that in order to refute you, we need to debunk all of these websites and make fun of the crappy Myspace page?

I mean, we probably could, but it would be better if you just stopped being lazy and gave us one thing to work with at a time.

But for the record, the two things I saw immediately when I opened the page:

1) A picture of Kent Hovind

2) A picture of a monkey with the phrase "Did Charlie make a monkey out of you?"

Two clear indications that there is probably nothing here that hasn't already been covered. 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.