Isn't degrading to GOD to go to church and ask for money?

Sir Loin
Sir Loin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Isn't degrading to GOD to go to church and ask for money?

why the stupid bible god is always asking  for money? 

It is part of the hypocrisy religion is all about.?

Jesus' appears in my dump, worth $6,000
Cameras catch 'Son of God' around the toilet, images sold on eBay

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Me thinks money is the real

Me thinks money is the real god here.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
It is degrading. That's why

It is degrading.

That's why he asks his lackeys to do it.

Unfortunately, like all embezzlers, they make sure that the person who requested the money never gets it.  

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure if that link

I'm not sure if that link is an internet vortex or what, but I don't think that God asks for money. People ask for money. Some ministers are certainly in the "gospel business", that is, they're in it solely for financial purposes, but ministry takes money. It's just a fact. I don't think it's fair to lump every single Christian ministry that asks for money or takes donations into the same category. Lots of ministries are out there doing good things for the world, not simply sitting around praying for a miracle, but actually out in the community and out in the world fighting for justice, peace and human dignity.

http://cpt.org/ 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Malachi 3:10 Bring the

Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

Looks like a direct request from God to me.

I wish the misters you speak of (the ones doing real good in the world) were the rule. Unfortunately, they seem to be an exception. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin