The Trully Amazing Athiest !!!!

tree-sitter
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The Trully Amazing Athiest !!!!

No, I am not talking about that fat jerk on Youtube!

Last night, I was at my friends graduation party. She introduced me to a person who was an athiest and I immediately introduced myself as a Christian. We continued to have a long and deep conversation about God, the values and possable contradictions of the bible, the reason for disbelief in God and, most of all, the rampant wickedness and hypocrasy of modernized American Christianity. He was incredibly open minded and it was not his style to bash my religion at all and it is not my style to bash his decision in un-belief. We talked for a long time, and it was not about him convincing me or me convincing him, it was about two people of different mindsets coming together to speak there minds in a respectful manner.

Anyways, that whole experience made me realized that I need to stand behind my decision to depart from this website. I won't even go in the unnessacary details (I have posted them elsewhere), lets just say that I have met wonderful and cruel people on this website and you have helped to show me what athiesm can be and what it is not... for better and worse. Friends, it has been very intresting but it's time for me to move on. I have meet some very awesome people on this website (so please don't think I am generalizing all of you, okay?) and I will probaly drop in now and then to check up on how thing are going.

Here is the response I want from this; Can someone tell me how I go about deleting my account. Do I need Brain and Kelly to do that, or can I go about it myself? I won't really respond to any other response other then a genuine question, just cause I don't want to get sucked back in, lol.

Have a great day guys!!!! PLEASE INFORM ME ON HOW TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT OR ASK BRIAN OR KELLY TO DO IT FOR ME. THANKSSmile

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
tree-sitter

tree-sitter wrote:

Anyways, that whole experience made me realized that I need to stand behind my decision to depart from this website.

So you make a decision to depart from this website, you make a decision to stand by that decision, and then ruin both decisions by posting about them.

Quote:
Here is the response I want from this; Can someone tell me how I go about deleting my account. Do I need Brain and Kelly to do that, or can I go about it myself? I won't really respond to any other response other then a genuine question, just cause I don't want to get sucked back in, lol.

You can't delete your own account, and anyway it would probably screw up old threads, since it would probably delete all your old posts too.

The correct answer to this dilemma is to just learn to stop posting. Grow some will power, instead of making other people enforce your own life decisions for you. Whenever you feel the urge to post here, just think "No!", and then don't. It's easy if you try.

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
is there a 12 step program

is there a 12 step program to help xians resist posting on RRS? or at least to get them to not use the cap-lock?

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Sorry you are leaving. But

Sorry you are leaving. But you did learn a valuable lesson, at least from what I could tell from this post. WE are all different.

I do caution you, because I actually myself have a problem with PC atheists as well, not to always lump a criticism or blasphemy as being "cruel".

Why do I say that? Because growing up I took everything personally and I do mean everything from everyone. My parents, the kids on my block, my friends and teachers. It wasnt untill I became an adult that I learned that there are people who are going to like you, or not. There are also people who are going to be bluntly honest with you and not sugar coat anything. But dont always assume that because it is something you are not used to hearing, that the person saying it hates you. I used to do that and in many cases I wish I hadnt.

My point is, we dont need to live in Disneyland to get along. Both theists and atheists have had friends, family members and co-workers that they have said, "You are full of it" on any given issue, not just religion. We dont dissown those people close to us merely because they say things we dont like.

I know for myself, if someone truely hates me, and is not merely dissagreeing, there is a big differance.

You dont have to go. But I am at least glad  you learned from this site, that atheists are no different than any other label. You will like some and not like others. Thats part of life. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Goodbye Tree-Sitter, I'll

Goodbye Tree-Sitter, I'll remember the good times, the doctored pictures, the laughs. We've had some good times, some bad times, some downright stupid times! Ahh fuck it, I told myself I wouldn't cry. And really I'm not.

Farewell you brilliant, talented comedian. I shall miss you.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
tree-sitter wrote: Have a

tree-sitter wrote:

Have a great day guys!!!! PLEASE INFORM ME ON HOW TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT OR ASK BRIAN OR KELLY TO DO IT FOR ME. THANKSSmile

We don't delete accounts.  We can block your account, if you'd like, but that only restricts you from logging in.  Asking us to restrict you from logging in is sort of odd, and I think I am not ethically able to do such a thing.  You may however change the email address on your account, and change your password to something you won't remember, if you really need a solution. 

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Grow some will power, instead of making other people enforce your own life decisions for you.

I guess that's the problem with most theists. They need some kind of leader at all times to get through their lives?Smiling

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
tree-sitter wrote: No, I

tree-sitter wrote:

No, I am not talking about that fat jerk on Youtube! 

Is this the kind of "cruelty" you have experienced from atheists on this site that has informed your decision to leave?

Just curious.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown