THE BLASPHEMANUS CHALLENGE!

Blasphemanus
User is offlineOffline
THE BLASPHEMANUS CHALLENGE!

It has been over a week now since I offered my rebuttal to the Way of the Master and their evidences of god's existence in the Nightline debate. I took the time out of my very busy schedule to respond, clip by clip, to their arguments. I welcomed anyone that disagreed to explain why, but, surprisingly, nobody has offered a counter argument.

So, I have created what I like to call the Blasphemanus Challenge. I am challenging any theist on this site to tear apart my arguments and prove me wrong. This should not be hard to do. I am a very open-minded person. I have no problems whatsoever admitting when I am wrong. In fact, I was corrected twice in my initial blog and both times admitted the error of my ways. Convince me that I am full of feces and don't know what I'm talking about. Just as I analyzed and dissected their arguments, I welcome anyone out there to analyze and dissect my arguments. Do so and you will earn my unwavering respect, the greatest gift you could ever receive.

Now, if for some strange reason nobody steps up and can offer a well thought out counter-argument, my only recourse would be to view my rebuttal no longer as my opinion, but as unequivocal, indisputable FACT. This is your chance to change my mind.

And..........................GO!

simple theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I'm going to do this when I

I'm going to do this when I get the time, but below is my quick reply.

Quote:
If you are able to use subjects such as entropy, cosmetology, biochemistry, relativity, or quantum mechanics to prove the existence of god, why don’t you?

Lee Strobel who is a former atheist and attended Yale Law School and was the legal editor for the Chicago Tribune does this in his book The Case for a Creator. He interviews several people who specialize in certain fields. Among the topics he covers are Evolution (which he use to believe in), Cosmology, Physics, Astronomy, Biochemistry.

Quote:
If you are unable to understand simple grammatical rules, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously as you discuss a topic as profound as the origin of life as we know it?
Ray Comfort was born in  New Zealand. You should really remember that Comfort isn't a native of America.

I hope we can agree that if something is created, it must have a creator. The problem with Comforts argument is that it assumes everyone believes that everything in the universe was created and hasn't existed from eternity. Comfort should have started with evidence for the universe not existing since eternity, but he didn't.

I'll have to wait to post any more since I need time to watch the clips to find out what Comfort said. 

Blasphemanus
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Lee Strobel who is a

Quote:
Lee Strobel who is a former atheist and attended Yale Law School and was the legal editor for the Chicago Tribune does this in his book The Case for a Creator. He interviews several people who specialize in certain fields. Among the topics he covers are Evolution (which he use to believe in), Cosmology, Physics, Astronomy, Biochemistry.

I'm not familiar with this work, so cannot comment on its legitimacy. Regardless, when I said "if you are able to use subjects such as..." I was not referring to all theists; I was just referring to Ray Comfort. Ray Comfort, not Lee Strobel, claimed god could be proven using science. Ray Comfort then gave five specific examples of scientific disciplines which could be used to support his claims, but then did not explore these disciplines at all when presenting his evidences. I hope we can agree that this is a very misleading, dishonest approach when conducting oneself in a debate.

I look forward to the remainder of your reply.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
simple theist wrote: I'm

simple theist wrote:

I'm going to do this when I get the time, but below is my quick reply.

Quote:
If you are able to use subjects such as entropy, cosmetology, biochemistry, relativity, or quantum mechanics to prove the existence of god, why don’t you?

Quote:
If you are unable to understand simple grammatical rules, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously as you discuss a topic as profound as the origin of life as we know it?
Ray Comfort was born in New Zealand. You should really remember that Comfort isn't a native of America.

I hope we can agree that if something is created, it must have a creator. The problem with Comforts argument is that it assumes everyone believes that everything in the universe was created and hasn't existed from eternity. Comfort should have started with evidence for the universe not existing since eternity, but he didn't.

I'll have to wait to post any more since I need time to watch the clips to find out what Comfort said.

I love it when people pull that fallacy "They once were"

So? People convert and deconvert and switch all the time. The only thing that proves is people change their positions. Many intelegent people come up with elaborate scams and fool themselves into buying it.

You talk of entropy and blahda bladah, but what when are you going to show up with spirit sperm in a petri dish? Huh?

When are the world's biology classes going to offer experiments spearing a human in the side, letting the blood drain out, let them suffer rigor mortis, only to be reconstituted 3 days later.

When? Huh...do tell.......I think you already know the answer to that. I only hope you face it some day insted of making excuses for fiction.

Get back to the science stuff when you got those two issues solved. Dont worry, I wont hold my breath. I hope you dont waste your time needlessly hoping for it either. Reality is much more liberating.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

simple theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Blasphemanus

Blasphemanus wrote:

Quote:

I'm not familiar with this work, so cannot comment on its legitimacy. Regardless, when I said "if you are able to use subjects such as..." I was not referring to all theists; I was just referring to Ray Comfort. Ray Comfort, not Lee Strobel, claimed god could be proven using science. Ray Comfort then gave five specific examples of scientific disciplines which could be used to support his claims, but then did not explore these disciplines at all when presenting his evidences. I hope we can agree that this is a very misleading, dishonest approach when conducting oneself in a debate.

I look forward to the remainder of your reply.

I haven't finished reading Strobel's book myself. I was just pointing out someone that does what Comfort tried to do. I think Comfort has actually said his main purpose was to share the gospel. Honestly, I would have loved for Lee Strobel and Josh McDowell (or any other apologeticist) to have been in the debate instead of the Way of the Master guys. 

Mentioning the ten commandments was irrelevant to the discussion and I would have preffered to hear actual evidence.  

Blasphemanus
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I'm going to do this

Quote:
I'm going to do this when I get the time, but below is my quick reply… I'll have to wait to post any more since I need time to watch the clips to find out what Comfort said. 

Wow, I thought I put a lot of time into my post. You must be pulling all nighter after all nighter spending time on this. It's been almost a month now! I have still not declared my findings as fact because I am still eagerly awaiting your well thought out reply. With as much time as you're putting in, I'm sure I'll be thorougly humbled. I look forward to it! 

Enlighten me! (this goes to anyone else who happens across this thread as well) 

simple theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I sincerly appologize, I've

I sincerly appologize, I've been a little busy and I must admit I forgot about it -- I'm not  a scientist, however if you still want a response I'll make myself a note and try to give you one.

I also haven't gotten around to writting what I was going to on several other topics. Also I'm trying to read all of the koran right now.