Creation = Creator. and more on why we create gods.

none
User is offlineOffline
Creation = Creator. and more on why we create gods.

A question was raised during the nightline debate trying to prove that god does exist by the evidence that if the world is here then there must have been something that had crated it. I saw another video where the squad attempted to combat this though a logical analogy, but I think there is a far easier way of looking at all of this.

If there is a creation, then there must be a creator

----Btw, loved the way that in the nightline debate, ray brought a painting of the Mona Lisa to backup his theory. which is by Leonardo da Vinci, seeing as the roman Catholic Church did not approve of his thinking. (He wrote in mirror form because of it so they couldn’t read his righting), Oh and also because I just saw the da Vinci codeSmiling----

This statement perfectly depicts the reason for all religion in society; 'since we don’t know where we came from, we will make it up instead'. And it is religious ideas like this of which are bread from the unknown, which we must try to avoid in order to find the real truth. There is no answer to what started it all: where the big bang came and what was there before it. And that… is just something we all have to live with yet if we cannot accept it we turn to the only other answer avalible to us… religion.

And it's because religion has all its made up answers to everything that science has no real effect on those who are too scared to live up to the fact that there isn’t always an answer.

Those who believe in religion are living in fear. Fear that there is no answer, fear that without it we would have people like Hitler (such ‘BS’), fear that they may go to hell if they do not believe. It’s because of this fear it creates, that those in charge of it have so much power over their people. Look at scientology! Hubbard, before creating scientology wrote:

“If you want to make a little money, write a book. If you want to make a lot of money, create a religion.” (L. Ron Hubbard)

Religion is power because of its fear and as we know:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself" (Franklin D. Roosevelt)

God is a creation by man to account for the unknown and to govern people into a fearful and controlled society. And, these religiously controlled societies can still be seen today with acts of 'religious terrorism' (wikipedia that). Also different forms of religion can be seen to show the same thing, such as Communism, which also uses a god like figure and rule in order to dictate what the people must, or must not do. Overall ill try summarize it:

Religion is a way of gaining complete power over a people thought providing a simple explanation to an impossible question.

So anyway… Those are my views on religion;Smile tell me what you think.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for this intro,

Thank you for this intro, but your writing (due to the fact that the gray shade is almost identical to the background color) is almost impossible to read. I would advise you correct it immediately.

{EDIT} I dont think dark yellow is much better. Try white. 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

none
User is offlineOffline
haha yeah sorry bout that,

haha yeah sorry bout that, and thanks, should be allright now, that was really getting on my nerves.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, none.  (That

Welcome, none.  (That sounds kinda funny, doesn't it?)

I'm sure if the catholic church knew all about Da Vinci, they would have had a fit.  If I'm not mistaken, weren't there rumors about Da Vinci being gay?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.