The Banana Team Answer

rpcarnell
atheist
Posts: 123
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
The Banana Team Answer

As I watched the RR debating the Banana Team (that's what I call them), I saw a woman in the audience asking "What kind of God creates cancer?"

 

The Banana Team's response was typical: read the Bible. We are living in a FALLEN CREATION.

Yes, a FALLEN CREATION.

 

However, when the debate started, these two guys showed the audience a painting and said each painting must've a painter.

 

But if we live in a fallen creation, shouldn't they have shown the audience a "FALLEN" painting? Or better yet, a "messed up" painting. Spots, and dirt, and a flower at the center? Could it be possible that the flower could have happened by chance? If you throw painting at a canvas for a billion years, maybe.

A building is a creation. The ruins of a wrecked building are a fallen creation. The latter may not need a designer.

 

 

 

 

 


Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Well rpcarnell it only

Well rpcarnell it only seems like a good painting to our fallen eyes. If we had a chance to look at it closer we would realize that the replica is flawed in many ways.

 

That or find the name of the company that printed all that shit for them.


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
I think Team Banana makes

I think Team Banana makes them sound too delicious, and not quite as dishonest as they are. 
They really just want to stir up the base to sell the DVDs, the books, the board game, Spaceballs the lunchbox, Spaceballs the breakfast cereal, etc..etc..
Make no mistake I'm not making a stand about creating and running profitable businesses, but at the expense of misleading people, messing with peoples' lives, perpetuating a culture of fear (to sell the cure) and bigotry...  it's too bad a hell doesn't exist to deposit them in one day. 


rpcarnell
atheist
Posts: 123
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Well calling them Banana

Well calling them Banana Team isn't such a bad idea.

 

They chose a banana because it is easy to peel off and eat. It seems made for us.

 

And it also seems made for apes, which kind of links us in some ways.

 

The thing is that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of vegetables and fruits that we can eat and aren't so easy to peel off and eat. Why didn't they try a coconut, or a lemon?

 

They make it clear that theists choose one thing as evidence for God while ignoring the others.  


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
Haha Banana Team. I laughed

Haha Banana Team. I laughed the first time I saw that video. Have they heard of coevolution. i.e. The Bananas that survived best were ones that fitted most easily into the hands of primates. Human beings are primates.

As for Fallen Creation, there's a very interesting painting in Tate Gallery in Liverpool (shudders at the name of rival city) where the artist poured hot bitumen on the canvas and then rode over it on his bike! Now that's a Fallen painting!


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
rpcarnell wrote: The thing

rpcarnell wrote:
The thing is that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of vegetables and fruits that we can eat and aren't so easy to peel off and eat. Why didn't they try a coconut, or a lemon?

Pineapple?

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
Posts: 768
Joined: 2007-05-22
User is offlineOffline
rpcarnell wrote: They

rpcarnell wrote:

They chose a banana because it is easy to peel off and eat. It seems made for us.

 

And it also seems made for apes, which kind of links us in some ways.

 

Actually, it's mostly just made for us. I'd be more than willing to bet that every banana you've ever eaten was a domesticated one. They are seedless, and sweet. Fact of the matter is, bananas were designed. They were designed by humans.

Wild bananas (the few that actually still exist) don't taste very good, and have large, rock hard seeds in them.

 


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
Pigs are also designed. By

Pigs are also designed.

By humans!


LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
Posts: 768
Joined: 2007-05-22
User is offlineOffline
And Shetland Ponies too.

And Shetland Ponies too.


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
And

And poodles

Tomatoes

Peppers

Corn

Wheat

Cows

Sheep

err...


James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
Posts: 261
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
Actually a fallen creation

Actually a fallen creation would still need a cause to why it broke down, and a designer who made the normal creation before it was a fallen one. This is where your argument fails.

 

However, the designer is not needed if something always was, Ex. Mattter/Energy. 

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Well if Ray is right than

Well if Ray is right than if we have a fallen creation we must have a fallen creation creator.  Since God is the root of creation than it was God that created the fallen creation, and thusly God that created cancer as a result of a creation he chose to make with full knowledge of it's future.

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
If Ray is right I will eat

If Ray is right I will eat my fallen hat!


JHenson
Theist
Posts: 112
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Well if Ray

Sapient wrote:
Well if Ray is right than if we have a fallen creation we must have a fallen creation creator.  Since God is the root of creation than it was God that created the fallen creation, and thusly God that created cancer as a result of a creation he chose to make with full knowledge of it's future.

A fair premise.  Can we conclude anything from this? 

 

"The map appears more real to us than the land." - Lawrence


zntneo
Superfan
Posts: 565
Joined: 2007-01-25
User is offlineOffline
JHenson wrote:Sapient

JHenson wrote:

Sapient wrote:
Well if Ray is right than if we have a fallen creation we must have a fallen creation creator. Since God is the root of creation than it was God that created the fallen creation, and thusly God that created cancer as a result of a creation he chose to make with full knowledge of it's future.

A fair premise. Can we conclude anything from this?

Either god is a) A dumbass b)a retard c) malevolent or d)doesnt exist

[MOD EDIT - fixed quotes] 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15761
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Well if Ray

Sapient wrote:

Well if Ray is right than if we have a fallen creation we must have a fallen creation creator. Since God is the root of creation than it was God that created the fallen creation, and thusly God that created cancer as a result of a creation he chose to make with full knowledge of it's future.

 

If one is to assume a "omni" "all" loving "all" powerfull being what kind of manufactur rating should it get? If I work at a pizza place and someon orders a pepperoni pizza and I give them onion and refuse to exchange it or refund their money, what kind of service am I providing?

If I work for Toyota and put out vihicals where 1/3 have no breaks, some missing stering wheels do I blame the buyer?

If God sat in Trump's boardroom and had to explain all the "fallen" product he produces, what do you think Trump would say? 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


IzzyPop
IzzyPop's picture
Posts: 116
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: If one is to

Brian37 wrote:
If one is to assume a "omni" "all" loving "all" powerfull being what kind of manufactur rating should it get? If I work at a pizza place and someon orders a pepperoni pizza and I give them onion and refuse to exchange it or refund their money, what kind of service am I providing?

If I work for Toyota and put out vihicals where 1/3 have no breaks, some missing stering wheels do I blame the buyer?

If God sat in Trump's boardroom and had to explain all the "fallen" product he produces, what do you think Trump would say?

 

Ahhhh...But if you work for the government, you would head a section. 

"When you hit your thumb with a hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a special kind of atheist to jump up and down shout, 'Oh, random fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!'"-Terry Pratchett


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Sapient

Brian37 wrote:
Sapient wrote:

Well if Ray is right than if we have a fallen creation we must have a fallen creation creator. Since God is the root of creation than it was God that created the fallen creation, and thusly God that created cancer as a result of a creation he chose to make with full knowledge of it's future.

 

If one is to assume a "omni" "all" loving "all" powerfull being what kind of manufactur rating should it get? If I work at a pizza place and someon orders a pepperoni pizza and I give them onion and refuse to exchange it or refund their money, what kind of service am I providing?

If I work for Toyota and put out vihicals where 1/3 have no breaks, some missing stering wheels do I blame the buyer?

If God sat in Trump's boardroom and had to explain all the "fallen" product he produces, what do you think Trump would say? 

Vince McMahon would say it better. Sticking out tongue

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.