Can you answer without the Ad hominem?

The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Can you answer without the Ad hominem?

FACT: There is NO Physical/Tangible "Evidence" that God exists.

Question: "How can you Disprove something that does not exist?"

 

Is not the argument of Atheist vs. Theist a moot point, since neither side  can produce evidence because the fact in question states that there is no argument? 


HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
Posts: 198
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Ladies and gentlemen, our

Ladies and gentlemen, our new friend Guy is a "Calvinist" and engages in conversations with snarky, anthropomorphic stuffed tigers.  Cut him some slack!

(Sorry Guy, couldn't resist slipping in a Calvin & Hobbes jab there)

:^)

-HCG


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: PAY

Brian37 wrote:

PAY ATTENTION TO HIS ANSWER! This effects not only atheists, but anyone outside his label. I do hope I am wrong.

Excellent Question! 

I "believe" that God puts leaders into office...

Pharoah of Egypt Before, during, and after Joseph in the bible was contrary to God. Yet he ruled over the Jews.

If God wants an Atheist in an office, He will put one there!

 

Now...

Here is one thing that many Christians dislike about me!

I keep politics and religion seperate!

Titus 3:1  Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Before my renunciation of the Southern Baptist Convention, I was a hard core right wing idiot!

This last election, I voted for 2 RNC, 11 DNC, and 4 Independents!

When I vote, I vote for what is best for my fellow Human, my fellow Christians will always be under the care of God. But ALL citizens of the USA are deserving of my respect towards their general welfare. 

Sorry Fellow Christians, I just get worse! 

I support Abortion in the case of Rape, Incest, and Life of the Mother. But! If the public votes to keep abortion legal, then the public has spoken, I must obey the laws of man. God will judge the woman getting the abortion, as well as the man who agreed with her.

John 8:7  So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 

John 8:10  When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

John 8:11  She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Homosexuals getting married? Let them! But NEVER FORCE THE CHURCH to perform the ceremony! If a church chooses, then let it be so! If a "civil union" is in order, let it be so. We MUST follow the laws of man. God puts those in charge for a reason, and mine is not to question that reason!

Religion and state? No. I have no problem with the ten commandments in an Alabama courthouse being removed! The "In God We trust" taken off the money, the religious symbols being removed from government property. But TAKE THEM ALL OFF! Including the pagan Goddess "Pomona" on the Los Angeles, California Great Seal. Remove ALL religious symbols. If we are to seperate church and state, it must be ALL religions & beliefs.

Bush is an idiot, we should not be at war, our government is corrupted by big business, tobacco is killing our people, big sugar is killing our children, fossil fuels are destroying the planet God gave us! And the modern day incarnation of the New Testament church is paralyzed with sin!

Brian37 wrote:
PAY ATTENTION TO HIS ANSWER! This effects not only atheists, but anyone outside his label. I do hope I am wrong.

 There was my answer, was it all you guys hoped for? Or did I dissapoint? Did it turn out that I was a normal everyday human like so many others on earth?

Christians are human, they think, they choose, they make mistakes, they pay for their mistakes. 

 


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Damn it. I

Brian37 wrote:
Damn it. I allow myself and blame myself for wishfull thinking. The first post I read from you sounded promising. But as I suspected and wish I was wrong about, you clam up when things get heated.

He is probably in the bathroom.  Honestly, Brian37, you and a few others on this site are like theist colon cleanse medicine. 

 Sorry, I don't have anything more enlightening to add, but I think you and the others have covered it pretty well.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
It never ceases to amuse me

It never ceases to amuse me that some people come here expecting one thing but run into reality when we dont act like sheep.

Thanks for the giggle.

OH CRAP! WHY ARENT THEY SUBMITTING!

"If I say the right thing, or pray at the right time, maybe I'll get lucky and peel one off of the herd".

Atheists have been around throughout human history and will continue to question. Too bad for you that we live in a country where you cant stop that, and good for us that you cant stop that. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley wrote: As

Jacob Cordingley wrote:

As for your claim not to preach to people, what then is the point of your website?

 I do not preach here, this is not the venue for it, this venue to me is one of fellowship.

 

Jacob Cordingley wrote:
The blog quoted by Mr Sapient (whose comment you didn't reply to)

I did, and I repented, keep reading, and check my past posts where I admitted my showing of "Bad Fruits" before he presented it to me.

But I have yet to see his apology for violaing my copyright, but then again, I am answering posts in order. I will see as I continue down the list. 


The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
Posts: 474
Joined: 2007-05-09
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way wrote: The

The Daily Way wrote:
The Patrician wrote:

allowing them to make up their own minds about whether or not God exists without any 'coaching'

Because otherwise your argument is just a tad hypocritical.

My "coaching" has nothing to do with it. I am a "Calvinist", I believe in "Election". Whether or not they are saved has nothing to do with anything I could possibly "intervene" with. That choice of whether or not they will be saved was made before the foundation of the world when the names of the elect were written in the "Lamb's Book Of Life".

I can "coach" till blue in the face, but if their names are not written in that book, they are not going to Heaven.

 

So that's a no then?

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.


Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way wrote: Free

The Daily Way wrote:
Free Thinking wrote:

But you continue to impose your beliefs on me.

Where have I done that? You have a link to a post where I specifically did that?

I have been sitting here answering questions and opinions to each post, (Boy it gets tiring, there must be alot of posts!)

There is nothing for me to impose, mine is not to save, I cannot save you, only God can, I have no way of influencing His desicion whether or not to shew Grace upon you.

Read up on "John Calvin", and you will see that it is out of my hands!

 

Why are xtians allowed to go around and preach and impose their beliefs?

Can't you people just respect the rest of us enough to maybe try not do this all the gently caressing time??

Throughout this whole thread you impose your beliefs on me.  I have proof!  (I am after all a freethinker)

You impose your beliefs on everyone here!

You keep doing it!  Almost every post!

Stop it damn it!

Stop making me post!

Don't get me all riled up by lying.  You are preaching.  You are imposing.  And that is the only reason why you are here.  You don't care about my philosopy or the practise of it.

It is you that has the double standard.  It is you that keeps misleadings and implying.  It is you that keeps preaching.

Why do xtians do this?  You guys do it all the gently caressing time! And then DENY doing it! 

Judge: god, you have been accused of existence! What do you have to say for yourself?

god: I am innocent until proven guilty, your honour!


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote: You clearly

Maragon wrote:

You clearly have no idea about copyright laws.

Anyone can quote you, and that's what 'copying and pasting' is.

Idle, uninformed threats will get you nowhere.

You clearly have not kept up on copyright law. The introduction of "Electronic Serial Numbers" coupled with "Identity Verification" can hold weight in court for items that have not been submitted to the Copyright office.

The threat is by no means idle, I shew grace unto him by not pursuing the infringement.

The point would be that he show respect for the works of authors, and respect the request of them for not "retransmitting" them. A simple "Hey, do you mind if I post here, what you said on your weblog" from him would have brought a "Sure, go right ahead, I have nothing to hide, lets discuss it" from me.

But he chose not to, just as I chose not to pursue the infringement. We both made choices, and we are both responsible for them. He infringed, I pardoned. 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

PAY ATTENTION TO HIS ANSWER! This effects not only atheists, but anyone outside his label. I do hope I am wrong.

Excellent Question!

I "believe" that God puts leaders into office...

Pharoah of Egypt Before, during, and after Joseph in the bible was contrary to God. Yet he ruled over the Jews.

If God wants an Atheist in an office, He will put one there!

 

Now...

Here is one thing that many Christians dislike about me!

I keep politics and religion seperate!

Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Before my renunciation of the Southern Baptist Convention, I was a hard core right wing idiot!

This last election, I voted for 2 RNC, 11 DNC, and 4 Independents!

When I vote, I vote for what is best for my fellow Human, my fellow Christians will always be under the care of God. But ALL citizens of the USA are deserving of my respect towards their general welfare.

Sorry Fellow Christians, I just get worse!

I support Abortion in the case of Rape, Incest, and Life of the Mother. But! If the public votes to keep abortion legal, then the public has spoken, I must obey the laws of man. God will judge the woman getting the abortion, as well as the man who agreed with her.

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

John 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Homosexuals getting married? Let them! But NEVER FORCE THE CHURCH to perform the ceremony! If a church chooses, then let it be so! If a "civil union" is in order, let it be so. We MUST follow the laws of man. God puts those in charge for a reason, and mine is not to question that reason!

Religion and state? No. I have no problem with the ten commandments in an Alabama courthouse being removed! The "In God We trust" taken off the money, the religious symbols being removed from government property. But TAKE THEM ALL OFF! Including the pagan Goddess "Pomona" on the Los Angeles, California Great Seal. Remove ALL religious symbols. If we are to seperate church and state, it must be ALL religions & beliefs.

Bush is an idiot, we should not be at war, our government is corrupted by big business, tobacco is killing our people, big sugar is killing our children, fossil fuels are destroying the planet God gave us! And the modern day incarnation of the New Testament church is paralyzed with sin!

Brian37 wrote:
PAY ATTENTION TO HIS ANSWER! This effects not only atheists, but anyone outside his label. I do hope I am wrong.

There was my answer, was it all you guys hoped for? Or did I dissapoint? Did it turn out that I was a normal everyday human like so many others on earth?

Christians are human, they think, they choose, they make mistakes, they pay for their mistakes.

 

Glad to hear you say that. But I your answer sounds more like "THERE I SAID IT, HAPPY NOW!"

Your post comes across just like white people objecting to Tigar Woods playing golf, "OK, BLACKS CAN PLAY GOLF, HAPPPY NOW? WHATS NEXT?"

I am not saying that is your intent, but it certainly comes across as an angrey consession rather than a mutial concusion of the rights of all humans. 

Nice start, but hopefully you'll really mean it someday insted of merely avoiding sounding like the bad guy.

Look, I dont want anything but neutrality for our goverment and it's courts and symbols. I dont want an atom symbol on our flag or money. I dont want to rid America of its diversity. I do want people to consider those outside their religious labels as demanded in our Constitution "No Religious Test".

 So although I am glad to hear you say that, I do wonder if you really mean it.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Maragon wrote:   Then why

Maragon wrote:
 

Then why are you here?

Why not?

Am I not allowed?

Tell an administrator to ask me to leave, and I will honor their request. It is their digital property, if I trespass, I will vacate. 


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: LOL, PWNED!!

BGH wrote:

LOL, PWNED!!

Read what I posted on that, and do the research!

LOL, PWNED!! 


Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
Posts: 397
Joined: 2007-03-06
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:
Maragon wrote:

Then why are you here?

Why not?

Am I not allowed?

Tell an administrator to ask me to leave, and I will honor their request. It is their digital property, if I trespass, I will vacate.

You I believe (and of course correct me if I am wrong as I hope I am) misunderstand the question. Its not that you are unwelcome at this point. Its the fact that it sounds like your not open to questions and in someways other than debating some of the semantics of belief which have been argued ad nauseam here, that your not really here to debate things as people are elected so why bother (most likely not represented right but perhaps you get my point).

Generally we don't have issues with theists posting things or whatever. Usually the only time people are asked to leave is if they are trolling the boards or breaking the rules, of which as far as I can tell hasn't been the case. Again those who may know (as most of my posts today has been from work so im only doing replies for the most part right now) let me know.

 


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Yes I would

Sapient wrote:

Yes I would like to see that link when it's done. Also I'd love to see revisions to your original piece should the lord choose to bless you in such a manner as to steer you down that path of harmony and bliss.

Then I will post the link here upon its completion. And no, there will be no editing of the original post. The post will stand to show myself, and others the error that I made.

Nice to know that you have no respect for the works of other authors, and could not find it in your benevolence of trying to help poor misguided Christians like myself by being an example, and asking first about retransmitting my works.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:
Maragon wrote:

Then why are you here?

Why not?

Am I not allowed?

Tell an administrator to ask me to leave, and I will honor their request. It is their digital property, if I trespass, I will vacate.

You are allowed here, but you wont get away with preaching. If you resort to that you are garunteed to get booted. Debate us, provide evidence for your claims. But do not expect us to be passive. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way wrote: BGH

The Daily Way wrote:
BGH wrote:

LOL, PWNED!!

Read what I posted on that, and do the research!

LOL, PWNED!!

I did read it(PWNED), I did the research(PWNED).

I still think you are faulty in your thinking it is copyright infringement. 


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Icebergin wrote: Thanks,

Icebergin wrote:

Thanks, and sorry for the long post or any insult you may infer from it. I write this in the interest of simply explaining to you rational reasons why your faith is wrong, the evidence that there is no God, and trying to show you that there is indeed logical evidence that there is no God, just human imagination.

 

Your welcome, and Thanks to you for sharing your opinion with me. No insult taken... Laughing


Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
Posts: 397
Joined: 2007-03-06
User is offlineOffline
Tho interestingly enough,

Tho interestingly enough, and if you have posted this elsewhere feel free to link me, why are you here?  What is your goal?  To debate your position?  To listen to others?  To find out how you can better debate your position by listening to others? 

 I think that might be what Maragon was asking.  What do you want to accomplish?  If its to learn and throw out your thoughts on things great.  If your goal is to come here and preach and try to grab some converts, I think you might be barking up the wrong tree (tho from it sounds like you generally don't do that as we would have to be elected anyways..)


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:
Sapient wrote:

Yes I would like to see that link when it's done. Also I'd love to see revisions to your original piece should the lord choose to bless you in such a manner as to steer you down that path of harmony and bliss.

Then I will post the link here upon its completion. And no, there will be no editing of the original post. The post will stand to show myself, and others the error that I made.

Nice to know that you have no respect for the works of other authors, and could not find it in your benevolence of trying to help poor misguided Christians like myself by being an example, and asking first about retransmitting my works.

We didnt see this comming at all. We never see anyone dodge direct claims and then try and turn it into a personal vendeta on our part.

Or maybe the fact is you have no evidence for your deity, and so to avoid the subject you accuse people here of things they are not doing.

Ok, we can give you another shot. Please prove us wrong, we really love being proven wrong.

Please stick to the subject of showing us evidence for your deity you claim is real. Otherwise you are wasting our time and yours. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
Posts: 1484
Joined: 2007-03-18
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:

Excellent Question! 

I "believe" that God puts leaders into office...

Pharoah of Egypt Before, during, and after Joseph in the bible was contrary to God. Yet he ruled over the Jews.

If God wants an Atheist in an office, He will put one there!

See I thought it was the voters who put the leader in office. I mean, since people have free will, God can't choose for them who they vote for right? Oh well. More fool me. Incidentally there have been a fair few non-religious presidents George Washington wasn't religious nor was Thomas Jefferson (not a president I know, but a founding father). Also why would God choose a leader for one society whose constitution puts him out of power (i.e. The Separation of Church and State) but not do for other societies whose constitutions do the same.

Also, why would God put that bumbling idiot Mr Bush in power. He's clearly got a below average IQ! I'm glad my couontry has a slightly lesser idiot in power. In fact even this idiot has pushed through a fair amount of welfare reforms.


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Otherwise

Brian37 wrote:

Otherwise you have 3 options.

1. Stay and make a case for your deity

2. Stay and disscuss non religious issues.

3. Leave.

1. I have no evidence, and no evidence will there ever be.

2. If I am forced to speak only on issues of the forums choosing, and must remain silent as others here continue, then No. Freedom is removed from me, ergo the forum loses its value as a forum.

3. As soon as I finish the rest of the posts here in this thread that need an answer, I will. Then I can just email the link to the website for Sapient to see. 


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
This got lost in the minor

This got lost in the minor flame war. Could I get a response?

wavefreak wrote:
The Daily Way wrote:

FACT: There is NO Physical/Tangible "Evidence" that God exists.

Question: "How can you Disprove something that does not exist?"

Is not the argument of Atheist vs. Theist a moot point, since neither side  can produce evidence because the fact in question states that there is no argument? 

What type of evidence would be required? Is there anything satisfactory?

Non-cognitivism states that the concept of God is nonsensical. This seems to imply that evidence for god cannot exist.


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:
Maragon wrote:

Then why are you here?

Why not?

Am I not allowed?

Tell an administrator to ask me to leave, and I will honor their request. It is their digital property, if I trespass, I will vacate.

 

It's not that you're not allowed, it's just that I don't see your purpose here other than to antagonize.

 

And I was right about your claims for copyright.

 

I can say that I've copyrighted this post.

Luckily, just saying something doesn't make it true. 


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: So

Brian37 wrote:

So although I am glad to hear you say that, I do wonder if you really mean it.

Oh, I do. Many of my brethren can attest that I am quite the rebel, and refuse to submit to the will of "Man's Dogma".

I am not the most liked in the far right wing circle that I defected from. Frown


Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: This got

wavefreak wrote:

This got lost in the minor flame war. Could I get a response?

wavefreak wrote:
The Daily Way wrote:

FACT: There is NO Physical/Tangible "Evidence" that God exists.

Question: "How can you Disprove something that does not exist?"

Is not the argument of Atheist vs. Theist a moot point, since neither side can produce evidence because the fact in question states that there is no argument?

What type of evidence would be required? Is there anything satisfactory?

Non-cognitivism states that the concept of God is nonsensical. This seems to imply that evidence for god cannot exist.

 

What the gently caressing?!  There's three gently caressing pages of them.

They have answered your questions.  Numerous times.  Read the posts.

Stop denying that no one's answered your question. 

Judge: god, you have been accused of existence! What do you have to say for yourself?

god: I am innocent until proven guilty, your honour!


Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
Posts: 397
Joined: 2007-03-06
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Otherwise you have 3 options.

1. Stay and make a case for your deity

2. Stay and disscuss non religious issues.

3. Leave.

1. I have no evidence, and no evidence will there ever be.

2. If I am forced to speak only on issues of the forums choosing, and must remain silent as others here continue, then No. Freedom is removed from me, ergo the forum loses its value as a forum.

3. As soon as I finish the rest of the posts here in this thread that need an answer, I will. Then I can just email the link to the website for Sapient to see.

1.  If you have no evidence, then again goes back to why are you here if you have no evidence and feel that there should need not be evidence.  This implies that you can't/won't really discuss God or religion because to you, if your elected its implied on that person and if not, that person is lost anyways.

2.   This relates to one.  If you can't debate on God because you have no evidence and have no wish to show any evidence on the idea, then this would imply if you were to stick around to discuss something other than religion as you don't want to debate that.  We have things on science and politics as well as other subjects on irrational beliefs so you could stick around for that.  

3.  This is of course your choice and not much we can do about it apparently other than not be honest.   


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Gizmo wrote: Tho

Gizmo wrote:

Tho interestingly enough, and if you have posted this elsewhere feel free to link me, why are you here? What is your goal?

To hang out with the people the majority of my fellow Christians are too Pious to be seen in the presence of. 

What is so bad about being here? I dunno, but I know many of the folks I used to run with in the far right wing would screech at the thought of a Christian fellowshipping with sinners and publicans, even tho the Lord didn't seem to have a problem with it. 


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Or maybe

Brian37 wrote:

Or maybe the fact is you have no evidence for your deity,...

...Please stick to the subject of showing us evidence for your deity you claim is real. Otherwise you are wasting our time and yours.

I have no evidence, and NO Christian EVER will. And I am leaving just as you suggested after I at least show the courtesy of getting to the end of the thread. 


Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
Posts: 397
Joined: 2007-03-06
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way wrote: Gizmo

The Daily Way wrote:
Gizmo wrote:

Tho interestingly enough, and if you have posted this elsewhere feel free to link me, why are you here? What is your goal?

To hang out with the people the majority of my fellow Christians are too Pious to be seen in the presence of.

What is so bad about being here? I dunno, but I know many of the folks I used to run with in the far right wing would screech at the thought of a Christian fellowshipping with sinners and publicans, even tho the Lord didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Thats fine if you want to hang out.  I think the concern some may have, including myself, is that it seems you might be a little on the pious as well when on your page you generally refer to us (I realize you specifically sight Kelly and to a lesser extent Brian, however at least for a group of us here, our thoughts and "morals" as you call it follow closely with theirs so hence why I use us) as tools of Satan.  Obviously we atheists do not believe in satan or hell or the like but it does seem a little odd that on one side you say we hang with satan but on the other side you want to hang out.  (I relize you have backed up on the comment but it still exists whether you want it to or not).  Again others, including myself to a certain degree, might see this as evidence (tho very superficially I admit) that your goal here is to preach.  

 


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Gizmo wrote: 1. If you

Gizmo wrote:

1. If you have no evidence, then again goes back to why are you here if you have no evidence and feel that there should need not be evidence.

There can never be evidence, I cannot change that fact. 

 

Gizmo wrote:
This implies that you can't/won't really discuss God or religion

To discuss it here requires evidence, which will never be! Ergo, I am forced out of the loop. 

Gizmo wrote:
We have things on science and politics as well as other subjects on irrational beliefs so you could stick around for that.

I no nothing of science, my politics are wierd, and generally, the consensus is that others would feel more comfortable with my departure.

Causing strife is not my goal, ergo the strife I cause has upset the balance of the community. You did fine before I was here, and will do even better after my departure.

My interests are that of Bible, theology, chess, and homeschooling. Not much room for that here seeing as my main interest can never be proven.

But I leave you with this....

If a Christian claims that they have physical/tangible evidence of the existence of God, take it from a Christian. They are lying. 


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking

Free Thinking wrote:
wavefreak wrote:

This got lost in the minor flame war. Could I get a response?

wavefreak wrote:
The Daily Way wrote:

FACT: There is NO Physical/Tangible "Evidence" that God exists.

Question: "How can you Disprove something that does not exist?"

Is not the argument of Atheist vs. Theist a moot point, since neither side can produce evidence because the fact in question states that there is no argument?

What type of evidence would be required? Is there anything satisfactory?

Non-cognitivism states that the concept of God is nonsensical. This seems to imply that evidence for god cannot exist.

 

What the gently caressing?!  There's three gently caressing pages of them.

They have answered your questions.  Numerous times.  Read the posts.

Stop denying that no one's answered your question. 

 

Huh? I didn't see a response.

 

People are so freakin touchy around here. Fuck you.


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
Gizmo wrote:   I think

Gizmo wrote:

 

I think the concern some may have, including myself, is that it seems you might be a little on the pious as well

My fellow Christians think me far from it! 

 

Gizmo wrote:
when on your page you generally refer to us...  ...as tools of Satan.

Even Chrisitains are used as tools of Satan when they fall into temptation. My post on the debate is the case in point. My criticism of all 4 debating people (Which you folks still left out Ray & Kirk to this very minute) was quite the bad showing overall.

 

Gizmo wrote:
it does seem a little odd that on one side you say we hang with satan but on the other side you want to hang out.

It was good enough for the Lord, it should be good enough for me. 


The Daily Way
Theist
Posts: 69
Joined: 2007-05-13
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote:   People

wavefreak wrote:
 

People are so freakin touchy around here. Fuck you.

I guess your "thesim" is other than "Judeo-Christianity" 

At least I did one thing right! I never did use profanity in my dialog. Guess there was one thing I did right aye? 


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:
wavefreak wrote:
 

People are so freakin touchy around here. Fuck you.

I guess your "thesim" is other than "Judeo-Christianity" 

At least I did one thing right! I never did use profanity in my dialog. Guess there was one thing I did right aye? 

 

Oops. Did I say that?

 

You are correct. I am definately not what passes for a traditional theist. If you wish to discuss it outside of this forum, visit my myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/wavefreak58). I have no desire to discuss religious themes here. 


Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
Posts: 397
Joined: 2007-03-06
User is offlineOffline
On that thing on your site,

On that thing on your site, I did not see you claiming that Ray and Kirk were tools of Satan (the only point you had was that Kirk and Ray used arguments that Satan was prepared for and implied that Satan was the one responsible for Kelly and Brian's rebuttals). 

 


Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: The Daily

wavefreak wrote:
The Daily Way wrote:
wavefreak wrote:

People are so freakin touchy around here. Fuck you.

I guess your "thesim" is other than "Judeo-Christianity"

At least I did one thing right! I never did use profanity in my dialog. Guess there was one thing I did right aye?

 

Oops. Did I say that?

 

You are correct. I am definately not what passes for a traditional theist. If you wish to discuss it outside of this forum, visit my myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/wavefreak58). I have no desire to discuss religious themes here.

 

Then leave!

Way to be a xtian!  Way to be blind too!  Way to read!

And gently caress you too!

(kill them with kindness)

 

 

Judge: god, you have been accused of existence! What do you have to say for yourself?

god: I am innocent until proven guilty, your honour!


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking wrote: Then

Free Thinking wrote:

Then leave!

Way to be a xtian!  Way to be blind too!  Way to read!

And gently caress you too!

(kill them with kindness)

 

 

 

Are you a moron or just pretending to be one? I never claimed to be a xtian. That's why I can say fuck. Or even fuck you. See you in hell, bucko. Maybe we'll be in the same fire pit.


Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: Free

wavefreak wrote:
Free Thinking wrote:

Then leave!

Way to be a xtian! Way to be blind too! Way to read!

And gently caress you too!

(kill them with kindness)

 

 

 

Are you a moron or just pretending to be one? I never claimed to be a xtian. That's why I can say fuck. Or even fuck you. See you in hell, bucko. Maybe we'll be in the same fire pit.

 

now you are trolling.... now i won't hold back.... you fuck off.. you are not welcome here...  i will ask the mods to remove you... you are not contributing  anything constructive...

leave already!  didn't you say you were?!  Just go!

:P 

 

 

Judge: god, you have been accused of existence! What do you have to say for yourself?

god: I am innocent until proven guilty, your honour!


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking

Free Thinking wrote:
wavefreak wrote:
Free Thinking wrote:

Then leave!

Way to be a xtian! Way to be blind too! Way to read!

And gently caress you too!

(kill them with kindness)

 

 

 

Are you a moron or just pretending to be one? I never claimed to be a xtian. That's why I can say fuck. Or even fuck you. See you in hell, bucko. Maybe we'll be in the same fire pit.

 

now you are trolling.... now i won't hold back.... you fuck off.. you are not welcome here...  i will ask the mods to remove you... you are not contributing  anything constructive...

leave already!  didn't you say you were?!  Just go!

:P 

 

 

 

Read my other posts, freak. Never said I was leaving either. I'm pretty sure fuck is not banned. I've seen it used several times.


Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
Posts: 397
Joined: 2007-03-06
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking

Free Thinking wrote:
wavefreak wrote:
Free Thinking wrote:

Then leave!

Way to be a xtian! Way to be blind too! Way to read!

And gently caress you too!

(kill them with kindness)

 

 

 

Are you a moron or just pretending to be one? I never claimed to be a xtian. That's why I can say fuck. Or even fuck you. See you in hell, bucko. Maybe we'll be in the same fire pit.

 

now you are trolling.... now i won't hold back.... you fuck off.. you are not welcome here... i will ask the mods to remove you... you are not contributing anything constructive...

leave already! didn't you say you were?! Just go!

Sticking out tongue

 

The both of you need to stop this childish shit. It helps no one, makes you look stupid and wastes my time dealing with it when I could also be contributing something meaningful. Nevermind breaking rules of the boards but it certainly breaks the original request of not using ad hominems.


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
....the internets are

....the internets are serious business?


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Gizmo wrote: The both of

Gizmo wrote:

The both of you need to stop this childish shit. It helps no one, makes you look stupid and wastes my time dealing with it when I could also be contributing something meaningful. Nevermind breaking rules of the boards but it certainly breaks the original request of not using ad hominems.

 

I apologize. I lost it for a minute. Though it was strangely libertating to be childish fo a minute. Is their a sandbox around here? I want to play ...

 

Sticking out tongue


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Way

The Daily Way wrote:
Sapient wrote:

Yes I would like to see that link when it's done. Also I'd love to see revisions to your original piece should the lord choose to bless you in such a manner as to steer you down that path of harmony and bliss.

Then I will post the link here upon its completion. And no, there will be no editing of the original post. The post will stand to show myself, and others the error that I made.

Nice to know that you have no respect for the works of other authors, and could not find it in your benevolence of trying to help poor misguided Christians like myself by being an example, and asking first about retransmitting my works.

Hey whiney, worrying about the debates you're having seems to be enough trouble, this aint the time for you to take your head out of your ass about hing copy right laws, which you seem to know nothing about.   Comments like "you have no respect for the works of other authors" are exceedingly dishonest. 

1. I posted the URL to your post.

 

2. I was speaking directly to you.

3. Even if I wasn't speaking to you I was directly quoting you and attributing you the credit.

4.  I have what's called "fair use" law in my favor.


Stop whining.  You should probably repent for the last post too, I'm sure god saw right through that sly exterior to reveal the dishonest interior.  I don't think you can really be this stupid about how copyright works.

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Sue me, Guy. I'd love to

Sue me, Guy. I'd love to bring this issue out in a court on public record. My countersuit would take your offering plate to the cleaners.

Your comment of:

http://www.thedailyway.com/secure/beliefs.html wrote:
We believe that only through the shedding of blood, can there be remission of sins.

should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security in my opinion.

I took a screen shot of your blog post just in case you did the typical thing of deleting it after caught.

You may have repented to your alleged lord and saviour, but my forgiveness comes harder.

I've been relatively nice to people like you, Guy. Perhaps for too long. You're making it increasingly difficult to be kind and compassionate regardless of ideology. Your pleas for tolerance of your own beliefs while denigrating others is nothing short of hypocrisy.

Contrary to any preconceived notions of yours, we strive to be as tolerant of individual beliefs as possible. Ad hominems are personal insults directed at an individual that are baseless. Your own blog entry provided the basis for attacking you and your alleged beliefs.

Denial of actions attributed to the belief structure of christianity does not lessen the effect of those actions on other humans.

In a Calvinist mindset, you would never have made those insults in the first place if you were truly one of the 'elect' in my opinion. Thank you for providing another anecdotal flaw in Calvin's doctrine. Repentance has so little meaning when you believe that you are chosen already.

I won't stop trying to bring people to reasoned judgments regarding their beliefs until I'm dead. Perhaps one day, your cries will be for mercy and it will be me there helping you. I'll do it, but only because I'd hate myself if I didn't. Certainly not because of some delusional story in a book.

Have a nice fucking day.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
Posts: 428
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
After reading this thread, i

After reading this thread, i feel strangely compelled to light myself on fire.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Roisin Dubh wrote: After

Roisin Dubh wrote:
After reading this thread, i feel strangely compelled to light myself on fire.

That was arlready done by some boneheaded buddhists who thought they were teaching humanity a lesson. All they did was commit suicide. I could understand that if they were terminal. But damn, lighting yourself on fire as a demonstration? That is just as retarded as slaming a plane into a building.

I do hope most Buddhists and Muslims wont copycat stupidity like that. I might find their beliefs to be silly, but I certanly dont think killing yourself when you are not ill does anything but needlessly shorten your life.

Please dont light yourself on fire. I get enough stupid stories about violence in the news on all the networks 24/7 already.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Eric Martin
Eric Martin's picture
Posts: 10
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
Gizmo wrote: The Daily Way

Gizmo wrote:
The Daily Way wrote:
Free Thinking wrote:

I don't need the bible to do good things. I choose to do good things because they are good. Getting into heaven has nothing to do with it.

And doing good works has nothing to do with "Getting into Heaven", it has to do with "God's Grace" only...

This is something that I have never understood from the Calvinist view. If one has to be elected to get into Heaven, then why bother believing in the first place. Your either going in or not, why waste your time worshipping. And if the answer is "Well only those that believe are getting into heaven cause they were basically made to believe" then from what I can tell that completely throws free will out the window again. And again, if their is no evidence to convince me and I choose not to follow and im sent to go live with Satan, God must suck that he makes people he knows that are going to go to Hell. As I and others have stated before, hell sounds better than worshipping a deity that does that to people on purpose.

 

I love how that Daily Way guy was asked about this several times on the forums and never answered the question. All that stuff about "the elect" only getting into heaven and saying that even an atheist can be "elect" even if they don't want to be. It really makes no sense. I would really like to understand more about where this line of thinking comes from.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking

Free Thinking wrote:
wavefreak wrote:
Free Thinking wrote:

Then leave!

Way to be a xtian! Way to be blind too! Way to read!

And gently caress you too!

(kill them with kindness)

 

 

 

Are you a moron or just pretending to be one? I never claimed to be a xtian. That's why I can say fuck. Or even fuck you. See you in hell, bucko. Maybe we'll be in the same fire pit.

 

now you are trolling.... now i won't hold back.... you fuck off.. you are not welcome here... i will ask the mods to remove you... you are not contributing anything constructive...

leave already! didn't you say you were?! Just go!

Sticking out tongue

 

 

Gizmo touched on this already but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in.  Please don't assume a role akin to moderator if you aren't one.  It's an unkind threat and very undesirable.  We have enough mods to oversee everyone, including all the theists.  We're constantly juggling free speech vs. trolling and determining who should stay.  If you really have the need to write something like that again, just send it to a mod, the public threat is uncool.

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.