True or False?

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline
True or False?

If we want to avoid Hell we should find the religion with the worst hell and convert to it.

As for myself if hell is real i would choose Islam...

When you're kids act up will you send them to the gas chamber? No? Then you are better than G-d.

If you could have 'e stopped 9-11 would you have done so? Yes? Then you are better than G-d.

Add me on FFT:

http://freethinkingteens.com/user/dave_g

Avecrien
Theist
Avecrien's picture
User is offlineOffline
In debating(or watching

In debating(or watching one) other  christians  about hell, I end up with one of two reactions. People  are either relieved to  be rid of the barbarism and can  embrace  their  beliefs more fully, or they're  revolted.  The most typical response  I get from a christian who's just lost hell  is "But if there's no hell, there's no reason to believe/follow god!"

Islamic hell's the worst I know.  Being  dragged up and reskinned  so  you can  feel the fire  better before being tossed  back  in...wow.

As for the us better than  god  argument,  the examples hinge  on  personal desire,  worldview,  and notion of reality. Most gods offer some sort of post-death incentive,  for instance.

Mike Gravel for president!

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Avecrien wrote: As for the

Avecrien wrote:

As for the us better than god argument, the examples hinge on personal desire, worldview, and notion of reality.

Notion of reality?  I wonder why it's called a delusion[/sarcasm]

Quote:
Most gods offer some sort of post-death incentive, for instance.

Yet they offer no location or definitive version. There are more glittering generalities associated with heaven and hell than Enron used to describe their profit fudging. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Avecrien
Theist
Avecrien's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thats because heaven and

Thats because heaven and hell are concoctions by  people trying to sway other  people into doing  what they wanted.  Religions  are  very useful for that, especially  with the  right mix of ignorance and  fear.

My god  set the definitive location as  earth.

Mike Gravel for president!