Look all the cool kids need to be part of a group just like in high school. JESUS LOVES YOU LOVE HIM BACK[moved]

walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
Look all the cool kids need to be part of a group just like in high school. JESUS LOVES YOU LOVE HIM BACK[moved]

Part of the "CLICK"

I am amazed to see how many "groupies" there are. The lord gave up himself for us. We are all sinners and nothing can change that. You may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you. In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help. Think about it.

Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you. You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you. Jesus is our savior and he loves you.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Who?    

Who?

 

 


Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2006-02-22
User is offlineOffline
That's "clique" to you bub.

That's "clique" to you bub. And the name's Jeebus Fritos. Remember it!


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
Click or clique but groupie is groupie

Our lord gave you your own thoughts, try not to follow the crowd. "Bub" friend or what ever you want to call yourself you are a child our God, be happy and thank the lord for what you have


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote:

walkwithjesus wrote:
Part of the "CLICK"

Isn't a religion a click?

walkwithjesus wrote:
I am amazed to see how many "groupies" there are.

Are you referring to religions again?

walkwithjesus wrote:
The lord gave up himself for us.

If you need to believe this to feel better about the future, I am saddened. There are other things based in reality that give much more hope.

walkwithjesus wrote:
We are all sinners and nothing can change that.

No, we are not. I don't believe in sin.

walkwithjesus wrote:
You may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you.

And you may think it is cool to believe in a 2000yr old fairy tale, but it will not get you anywhere.

walkwithjesus wrote:
In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help.

No, I most certainly will not.

walkwithjesus wrote:
Think about it.

I already have.

walkwithjesus wrote:
Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you.

Why? They MUST have something better to do, doesn't the lawn need mowing or something?

walkwithjesus wrote:
You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you.

I don't care, I will THINK for them.

walkwithjesus wrote:
Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

Who?

{edit for clarity} 


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
No Sin?

You don't beleive in sin? If someone steals from you they sin against you. If someone murders it is sin. You can call it law but long before it as law it was GOD. Let him help you. He understands you better than you think


Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2006-02-22
User is offlineOffline
  walkwithjesus wrote: You

 

walkwithjesus wrote:
You don't beleive in sin? If someone steals from you they sin against you. If someone murders it is sin. You can call it law but long before it as law it was GOD. Let him help you. He understands you better than you think

 

Ok ok, which God should I follow and why should I choose him over thousands of others? 

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
Sin

There is only one true GOD. Idols and images are not the true god, but  sin is a sin. As I stated before "long before it was a law it was a sin


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: You

walkwithjesus wrote:
You don't beleive in sin? If someone steals from you they sin against you. If someone murders it is sin. You can call it law but long before it as law it was GOD. Let him help you. He understands you better than you think

No, it was altruism long before it was law and long before the fairy tale you believe declared it to be the word of "god". 


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
Fairy tales

Fairy tales have come true before. Stop fighting what is inside of you. There is no reason to be afraid of him.


Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2006-02-22
User is offlineOffline
  walkwithjesus

 

walkwithjesus wrote:
There is only one true GOD. Idols and images are not the true god, but sin is a sin. As I stated before "long before it was a law it was a sin

 

Yes, that is all good and well, friend. However, which God is the one true God? I know of many.

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
Only one god

I am sorry but I only know of one true god. No other gods can compare to him and all others are man made


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Before you proceed much

Before you proceed much further in the forums please take a minute to familiarize yourself with the Rules Of The Forums.

 

Thank you. 


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
BGH did I break a rule?

BGH did I break a rule?


James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
Posts: 261
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
Actually, before the bible

Actually, before the bible there was other civilizations who had laws. Also there was gods, and religions before the bible was wrote. So by definition those religions would hold more ground then christianity because they came before it did. God would not wait to write his bible right? Why not create it right after the world was created? To bad those other pesky religions had there religions and gods being worshiped before god of the bible even made earth. Since some religions date further back then 6,000 years.

 

What makes Jesus special? He died for our sins? Since Jesus is god, he sent himself down to die for our orginal sin to forgive us, could he have not forgiven us anyway? Why did he have to do that? Who was he trying to impress? Himself? He is the judge and jury. 

What about the countless contridictions in the bible? What about the evidence against the bible? What about almost each independent story in the bible has been proven false?

 

Answer those and we'll talk. Don't answer them using the bible, since it can not be trusted for evidence and reason. 

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!


Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
Posts: 240
Joined: 2006-12-29
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: There

walkwithjesus wrote:
There is only one true GOD. Idols and images are not the true god, but sin is a sin. As I stated before "long before it was a law it was a sin

Allah? 

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?


Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2006-02-22
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: I am

walkwithjesus wrote:
I am sorry but I only know of one true god. No other gods can compare to him and all others are man made

 

And this doesn't sound like an ad hoc explanation to you in the slightest? Come now.

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
JamesI am sorry but you

JamesI am sorry but you stated that "gods being worshiped before god of the bible even made earth" No earth then no worship right? God was when there was nothing he created the earth and man created all these othere gods. Mad created them, an image of god but not the true god


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: BGH

walkwithjesus wrote:

BGH did I break a rule?

No, but you have come close in this thread, by posting something completely irrelevent to the discussion. I am asking you that review the rules and familiarize yourself with them. 


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for pointing that

Thank you for pointing that out. I amsorry for the infraction. I think I saw the comment and needed to ask why. Again I am sorry


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
what about him

what about him


AmericanIdle
Posts: 414
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: Part

walkwithjesus wrote:

Part of the "CLICK"

I am amazed to see how many "groupies" there are. The lord gave up himself for us. We are all sinners and nothing can change that. You may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you. In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help. Think about it.

Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you. You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you. Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

A hopeless conformist attatched to conformist ideology accuses persons who don't subscribe to superstition of .....gasp !  Get this: conformity.  

Nothing good on TV tonight ?

** goes back to reading a book **

  

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
I am sorry but I only know


I am sorry but I only know of one true god. No other gods can compare to him and all others are man made

I would presume you have some good rational grounding to this statement? Any evidence. ALL Gods are man made. THe concept of "God" is absurd, contradictory, epistemilogically and ontologically meaningless, totally incoherent, based on circular reasoning, logical fallacy and blind stupidity.  

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
Posts: 261
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: JamesI

walkwithjesus wrote:
JamesI am sorry but you stated that "gods being worshiped before god of the bible even made earth" No earth then no worship right? God was when there was nothing he created the earth and man created all these othere gods. Mad created them, an image of god but not the true god

Are you seriously that stupid? Let me explain this... Christian believe the god of the bible made the earth 6,000 years ago. However there is records of gods, and religions before 6,000 years ago. He then wrote the bible 2000-3500 years ago. All gods were man made. The god of the bible is a rather young god actually, the bible is not even close to the oldest religion. People worshiped other gods before people made up the christian god. That is what I was getting at, not that god actually existed. You not picking up on that just shows your ignorance.

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle

AmericanIdle wrote:
walkwithjesus wrote:

Part of the "CLICK"

I am amazed to see how many "groupies" there are. The lord gave up himself for us. We are all sinners and nothing can change that. You may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you. In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help. Think about it.

Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you. You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you. Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

A hopeless conformist attatched to conformist ideology accuses persons who don't subscribe to superstition of .....gasp !  Get this: conformity.  

Nothing good on TV tonight ?

** goes back to reading a book **

  

It's ok to be scared and look for some type of logical reasoning that helps you to understand something we as humans could never understand. Could you give your only son to save another?


Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
Posts: 240
Joined: 2006-12-29
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: Could

walkwithjesus wrote:

Could you give your only son to save another?

Oh, better question!

Would you do it if you could just snap your fingers instead? 

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Part of the "CLICK"

Part of the "CLICK"

A clique I presume?

I am amazed to see how many "groupies" there are.

Isn't a groupie a prostitue hired to sleep with a travelling band?

the lord gave up himself for us. We are all sinners and nothing can change that.

Prove it.

you may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you.

Alright dude. I wanna know where you buy your drugs. Seriously. I don't "reject my savior". Explain in careful, concise logical terms how you can "reject" that which you do not believe exists. Observe:

I REJECT SANTA AND 2+2=5.

What leads you to the absurd conclusion that we do not believe in God because it is cool. My only conclusion is that THC Acid from pot fumes are destroying your neurons. Cut down on the drugs dude. I do not believe in God for many rational reasons, ONE of which is clearly outlined here:

This Post

n the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help. Think about it.

I have thought about it. Evidently much more than you.

Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you

I'm starting to think that the word Christian is synonomous with "condescending arrogance and pathetic stupidity".

You can pray for me. I'll be thinking for you.

you might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you.

Watch me attempt to care less:

HHNNNNNG!!!!! Nope. Damn! I can't do it.

Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

Have you ever heard the phrase: This comment does not dignify a response?

{edited for length of link} 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


walkwithjesus
Theist
Posts: 12
Joined: 2007-04-27
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz

James Cizuz wrote:

walkwithjesus wrote:
JamesI am sorry but you stated that "gods being worshiped before god of the bible even made earth" No earth then no worship right? God was when there was nothing he created the earth and man created all these othere gods. Mad created them, an image of god but not the true god

Are you seriously that stupid? Let me explain this... Christian believe the god of the bible made the earth 6,000 years ago. However there is records of gods, and religions before 6,000 years ago. He then wrote the bible 2000-3500 years ago. All gods were man made. The god of the bible is a rather young god actually, the bible is not even close to the oldest religion. People worshiped other gods before people made up the christian god. That is what I was getting at, not that god actually existed. You not picking up on that just shows your ignorance.

James, I am not sure I insulted you to make you react in this manner. I simply wanted to point out that you stated the was religion on earth before the earth was created. Are you afraid or insecure? Just as children due when they are afraid or insecure they tend to start calling other names. Don't just read the bible, embrace it


James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
Posts: 261
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: James

walkwithjesus wrote:
James Cizuz wrote:

walkwithjesus wrote:
JamesI am sorry but you stated that "gods being worshiped before god of the bible even made earth" No earth then no worship right? God was when there was nothing he created the earth and man created all these othere gods. Mad created them, an image of god but not the true god

Are you seriously that stupid? Let me explain this... Christian believe the god of the bible made the earth 6,000 years ago. However there is records of gods, and religions before 6,000 years ago. He then wrote the bible 2000-3500 years ago. All gods were man made. The god of the bible is a rather young god actually, the bible is not even close to the oldest religion. People worshiped other gods before people made up the christian god. That is what I was getting at, not that god actually existed. You not picking up on that just shows your ignorance.

James, I am not sure I insulted you to make you react in this manner. I simply wanted to point out that you stated the was religion on earth before the earth was created. Are you afraid or insecure? Just as children due when they are afraid or insecure they tend to start calling other names. Don't just read the bible, embrace it

You did insult me. You insulted my intelligence, by proving you have none. I said with sarcasim "people worshiped other gods before the god of the bible made the earth" in an  attempt to say "other gods were being worshiped before the god of the bible, meaning he can not be the one true god if god exists at all". I'm not afraid, i'm sick of people like you coming to insult our intelligence, spouting the same stuff over and over, never actually giving any good points on any subject, not defending your views. You try to prove to us god exists, and he is good by trying to tell us the bible is right, and telling us stuff from the bible. To prove your case you must prove god exists first, then you can move on to what religion is the right religion. No proof for gods existence, no proof for your religion.

 

 

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!


Avecrien
Theist
Avecrien's picture
Posts: 56
Joined: 2007-04-25
User is offlineOffline
This  condescending

Walkwithjesus, This  condescending attitude towards the atheists and ignoring the points they bring up while spouting feel good one liners  only makes anything you may believe look bad, if not  the  catalyst for moral, social,  or educational  lack.

Please, stop. You're only giving good reason to curse your god  and  making it more difficult for  fellow believers(like  me) to present your god  in  a meaningful way.

Mike Gravel for president!


Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
Posts: 240
Joined: 2006-12-29
User is offlineOffline
You know... On threads like

You know...

On threads like this, I'm never really sure whether the theist poster in question is a nut or troll. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?


James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
Posts: 261
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
Avecrien

Avecrien wrote:

Walkwithjesus, This condescending attitude towards the atheists and ignoring the points they bring up while spouting feel good one liners only makes anything you may believe look bad, if not the catalyst for moral, social, or educational lack.

Please, stop. You're only giving good reason to curse your god and making it more difficult for fellow believers(like me) to present your god in a meaningful way.

Your just as bad. You are basically telling someone to stop giving there opinion, yours is better. You are trying to tell someone to stop, because they are giving your religion a bad name. It had a bad name, and was insane 2000 years ago, it never changed since.

 

You are one of those people who likely thinks no murderer, or evil person could be a christian because "christians would not do that, so they must be not christians".

 

Let me talk, it's his choice, we will still call him an idiot, as we would you if you spouted the same stuff. If you can word it better, do it, don't discourage him though. 

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!


AmericanIdle
Posts: 414
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus

walkwithjesus wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:
walkwithjesus wrote:

Part of the "CLICK"

I am amazed to see how many "groupies" there are. The lord gave up himself for us. We are all sinners and nothing can change that. You may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you. In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help. Think about it.

Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you. You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you. Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

A hopeless conformist attatched to conformist ideology accuses persons who don't subscribe to superstition of .....gasp !  Get this: conformity.  

Nothing good on TV tonight ?

** goes back to reading a book **

  

It's ok to be scared and look for some type of logical reasoning that helps you to understand something we as humans could never understand. Could you give your only son to save another?

So far you've made appeals to fear, made claims of a "savior", presented your deity by using an overly simplistic parent/child analogy and now a claim of human sacrifice.  Your "one true god" looks pretty much like every other god in history.

This theist drive-by does not deliver !!  

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: Part

walkwithjesus wrote:

Part of the "CLICK"

I am amazed to see how many "groupies" there are. The lord gave up himself for us. We are all sinners and nothing can change that. You may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you. In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help. Think about it.

Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you. You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you. Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

Most of us live in the U.S.A. or Canada. The U.S.A. has between 4 and 8 atheists or agnostics per 100, Canada between 14 and 20. Christians make up 80% of the U.S.A.'s population, and about 71% of Canada's. Who is the conformist here? I'm not the best at math, but I'm sure that 4, 8, 14 and 20 are lower numbers than 80 and 71, thus making members of the 4-8% U.S.Atheists and the 14-20% Canadian Eh?theists (yes, I think I'm clever) less conformist than the 80% of U.S. citizens and 71% of Canadians that profess belief in your god. 

Of course, if Jesus knew that he'd be raised from the dead, he wouldn't lose his life, really. He also knew he'd be going to heaven...that's not very much like "giving himself up", dying for 3 days, being resurrected and going to heaven. That's not a sacrifice, that's a trade-up.

When bad things happen, I call people who can help. Generally, people who are able to physically help me out, or talk to me. 

I don't really care if people I don't know pray for me. Good intentions from folks I know are great, despite the fact I think it will do nothing, but from those who have no idea of my existence? This does not matter to me. 

walkwithjesus wrote:
You don't beleive in sin? If someone steals from you they sin against you. If someone murders it is sin. You can call it law but long before it as law it was GOD. Let him help you. He understands you better than you think
"Sin" is a purely religious concept. "Right and wrong" is not. It's not the law that makes me think that murder and thievery are bad.

James Cizuz wrote:

Are you seriously that stupid? Let me explain this... Christian believe the god of the bible made the earth 6,000 years ago.

While I completely agree with the rest of your post, you must realize not all christians buy this. Some say 10,000, others go with the billions of years that we evolution believers believe. Painting them all with a single brush helps no one, especially if the colour on that brush is the ugliest possible one.


James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
Posts: 261
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada

BenfromCanada wrote:
walkwithjesus wrote:

Part of the "CLICK"

I am amazed to see how many "groupies" there are. The lord gave up himself for us. We are all sinners and nothing can change that. You may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you. In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help. Think about it.

Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you. You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you. Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

Most of us live in the U.S.A. or Canada. The U.S.A. has between 4 and 8 atheists or agnostics per 100, Canada between 14 and 20. Christians make up 80% of the U.S.A.'s population, and about 71% of Canada's. Who is the conformist here? I'm not the best at math, but I'm sure that 4, 8, 14 and 20 are lower numbers than 80 and 71, thus making members of the 4-8% U.S.Atheists and the 14-20% Canadian Eh?theists (yes, I think I'm clever) less conformist than the 80% of U.S. citizens and 71% of Canadians that profess belief in your god.

Of course, if Jesus knew that he'd be raised from the dead, he wouldn't lose his life, really. He also knew he'd be going to heaven...that's not very much like "giving himself up", dying for 3 days, being resurrected and going to heaven. That's not a sacrifice, that's a trade-up.

When bad things happen, I call people who can help. Generally, people who are able to physically help me out, or talk to me.

I don't really care if people I don't know pray for me. Good intentions from folks I know are great, despite the fact I think it will do nothing, but from those who have no idea of my existence? This does not matter to me.

walkwithjesus wrote:
You don't beleive in sin? If someone steals from you they sin against you. If someone murders it is sin. You can call it law but long before it as law it was GOD. Let him help you. He understands you better than you think
"Sin" is a purely religious concept. "Right and wrong" is not. It's not the law that makes me think that murder and thievery are bad.

James Cizuz wrote:

Are you seriously that stupid? Let me explain this... Christian believe the god of the bible made the earth 6,000 years ago.

While I completely agree with the rest of your post, you must realize not all christians buy this. Some say 10,000, others go with the billions of years that we evolution believers believe. Painting them all with a single brush helps no one, especially if the colour on that brush is the ugliest possible one.

I forgot to post most christians believe that. I was only recorrecting him anyway when he though I said people were worshiping gods before earth was here, when that was a sarcastic statment to prove a point, which he mistook. 

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
[does zombie walk]

[does zombie walk]


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus, if you have

walkwithjesus, if you have an argument to offer, please do so and be prepared to back up your statements.  And before you start quoting scripture, I'll let you know that Atheists do not consider your bible any kind of authority.

Simply proseltizing is a waste is your time and ours. 

I will add that you accused us of "following the crowd".  Please read through some of the threads on this site and learn a little bit about us before posting again.  You'll find that the majority of us aren't following the crowd at all.  We've just come to the same conclusions. 

Now, if you have a particular argument to discuss, we'd be happy to hear it.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Our lord gave you

Quote:
Our lord gave you your own thoughts, try not to follow the crowd.

By doing what? following the crowd. 

Quote:
We are all sinners and nothing can change that.
 

Actually something can change that, I tend to not rely on lazy-nonexistant-douche. 

Quote:
You may think it is cool to reject your savior but it will not benefit you.

So why do you do that? 

Quote:
In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help.

Maybe god could umm... just prevent bad things from happening. 

Quote:

Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you.

And if I go to hell is it their fault?

And what, am I some child or something. 

Quote:
Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

He owes me money, and his dad ruined my furniture. The holy spirit is cool though, He makes the best drinks.

Quote:

You can call it law but long before it as law it was GOD.
 

I charge you with breaking the god.

So were the greeks and egyptians immoral?

Quote:
Fairy tales have come true before. Stop fighting what is inside of you. There is no reason to be afraid of him.
 

Yes, and yet YOU insist "The big H" isn't real. 

Quote:
I am sorry but I only know of one true god. No other gods can compare to him and all others are man made

Actually, most gods are better than him. Mostly becuase I don't have to do mental gymnastics to side with a murderer.

 

Remember this, even if you can convince us that your story is correct.

Most of us wouldn't see any reason to worship him. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


GUNT
Silver Member
GUNT's picture
Posts: 54
Joined: 2007-03-23
User is offlineOffline
...

Avecrien wrote:

Walkwithjesus, This  condescending attitude towards the atheists and ignoring the points they bring up while spouting feel good one liners  only makes anything you may believe look bad, if not  the  catalyst for moral, social,  or educational  lack.

Please, stop. You're only giving good reason to curse your god  and  making it more difficult for  fellow believers(like  me) to present your god  in  a meaningful way.

Wot da?...

 

Theist badge over here please Mods...

G


MisterDax
Posts: 66
Joined: 2007-01-25
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: In the

walkwithjesus wrote:
In the dark when your alone and scared or some thing bad happens you will call on the lord god and ask him for help.

Ooh, nice variation from "there are no atheists in foxholes", an argument that is full of bovine excrament. 

Quote:
Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you. You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you.

Love and prayer are both personal things and therefore you cannot love or pray to someone you don't even know to exist.

Quote:
Jesus is our savior and he loves you.

Jesus died about 2000 years ago and wasn't aware of my future existance. If you cannot love a singular and specific person who might live about 100 years from now, try loving a singular and specific person who might live 2000 years from now. You will find it most difficult and impossible.

Also, do you think that we have never heard theists claim loving us? Or that the dead people they worship as gods also loves us? No, you are lying. You don't love us, you just say that you do. It is just a manipulation method for you and that makes it even worse.


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz wrote: I

James Cizuz wrote:

I forgot to post most christians believe that. I was only recorrecting him anyway when he though I said people were worshiping gods before earth was here, when that was a sarcastic statment to prove a point, which he mistook.

But it's not even "most" dude. In your backwards country it's divided pretty evenly, but in the rest of the world Young Earth Creationism is a minority view amongst christians. If we don't want to be misrepresented, let's not misrepresent anyone else.


Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2006-06-18
User is offlineOffline
The idea of the original

The idea of the original poster isn't worth any serious debater's time.


James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
Posts: 261
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada wrote: James

BenfromCanada wrote:
James Cizuz wrote:

I forgot to post most christians believe that. I was only recorrecting him anyway when he though I said people were worshiping gods before earth was here, when that was a sarcastic statment to prove a point, which he mistook.

But it's not even "most" dude. In your backwards country it's divided pretty evenly, but in the rest of the world Young Earth Creationism is a minority view amongst christians. If we don't want to be misrepresented, let's not misrepresent anyone else.

 

I live in Canada. I can not speak for the whole country, however almost all young earth creationists I met(around 100 give or take) they said 6,000 years. Oh... I did mean only young earth creationists, not christians in general. I usually use christians in general, because taking the bible literal, and as divine athority and absolute knowledge they believe it's between 10,000 and 6,000 years old. As for the rest of christians which try to pick and choose out of the bible they try to rationalize that a day for god could be millions or billions of years. 

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
By the way the Jesus story

By the way the Jesus story isn't even original - it was taken from earlier myths such as Mithra and Tammuz, as we have addressed many times on this site.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz wrote: I live

James Cizuz wrote:

I live in Canada. I can not speak for the whole country, however almost all young earth creationists I met(around 100 give or take) they said 6,000 years. Oh... I did mean only young earth creationists, not christians in general. I usually use christians in general, because taking the bible literal, and as divine athority and absolute knowledge they believe it's between 10,000 and 6,000 years old. As for the rest of christians which try to pick and choose out of the bible they try to rationalize that a day for god could be millions or billions of years.

I was unaware you lived in Canada, sorry for the assumption. You should have specified that you meant YECs, though. If our christian buddy wasn't a drive-by proselytyzer he could have torn you a new one, and even so, he can bring that back to his friends and say "SEE! They think we're all YECs!" That would only confirm negative stereotypes, and we need to erase them.


James Cizuz
James Cizuz's picture
Posts: 261
Joined: 2007-02-11
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada wrote: James

BenfromCanada wrote:
James Cizuz wrote:

I live in Canada. I can not speak for the whole country, however almost all young earth creationists I met(around 100 give or take) they said 6,000 years. Oh... I did mean only young earth creationists, not christians in general. I usually use christians in general, because taking the bible literal, and as divine athority and absolute knowledge they believe it's between 10,000 and 6,000 years old. As for the rest of christians which try to pick and choose out of the bible they try to rationalize that a day for god could be millions or billions of years.

I was unaware you lived in Canada, sorry for the assumption. You should have specified that you meant YECs, though. If our christian buddy wasn't a drive-by proselytyzer he could have torn you a new one, and even so, he can bring that back to his friends and say "SEE! They think we're all YECs!" That would only confirm negative stereotypes, and we need to erase them.

Where did you think I lived? I'm quite dylexic myself so I need someone to proofread what I post before hand, or I make mistakes no matter how much I proofread I will never see. Even though I know what the mistakes are after they are pointed out. 

"When I die I shall be content to vanish into nothingness.... No show, however good, could conceivably be good forever.... I do not believe in immortality, and have no desire for it." ~H.L. Mencken

Thank god i'm a atheist!


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
James Cizuz wrote: Where

James Cizuz wrote:

Where did you think I lived? I'm quite dylexic myself so I need someone to proofread what I post before hand, or I make mistakes no matter how much I proofread I will never see. Even though I know what the mistakes are after they are pointed out.

I just assume everyone here is from the U.S.A. until they state otherwise, generally. Do you ever try looking away from the screen for a while? I find that helps me out.


Maragon
Maragon's picture
Posts: 351
Joined: 2007-04-01
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote:

walkwithjesus wrote:

Our lord gave you your own thoughts, try not to follow the crowd. "Bub" friend or what ever you want to call yourself you are a child our God, be happy and thank the lord for what you have

 

 

Oh god, I just keeled over in uncontrollable laughter!

 

Sorry, you're telling us not to 'go with the crowd' when you make up like more than half of the worlds population?

 

Hypocritical.

 

Quote:
Many people that love you and that don't even know you are praying for you. You might not like that idea but we will continue to pray for you.

 

For every prayer you send me, I want you to know that I will learn one scientific fact, just for you. 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
How could somebody who

How could somebody who doesn't know me POSSIBLY love me? We will continue to think for you.


zntneo
Superfan
Posts: 565
Joined: 2007-01-25
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: By the

MattShizzle wrote:
By the way the Jesus story isn't even original - it was taken from earlier myths such as Mithra and Tammuz, as we have addressed many times on this site.

 

Also Yahweh came from a polytheistic tribe called the ugarites(sp?). 


JeremiahSmith
Posts: 361
Joined: 2006-11-25
User is offlineOffline
walkwithjesus wrote: Could

walkwithjesus wrote:
Could you give your only son to save another?

If I were an omnipotent superbeing who could arrange to have my son suffer for less than a day, then bring him back three days later, raise him to glory, start an incredibly popular and widespread religion based on him, and then let him be the divine supreme ruler of Earth and Heaven for all eternity, yeah, I'd probably be able to deal with that. Of course, I could just snap my fingers and change my mind, but I guess I work in mysterious ways.

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.