Rational Atheism

Kovo
User is offlineOffline
Rational Atheism

Hey, Im 18 years old and have just completed a small side project I had going. Its basically a research paper/essay that I wrote on religion. I call it Rational Atheism. I know, its a funny title. I have a link to the PDF
HERE.

Let me know what you think. If you find something wrong, or something I should add. Thanks.

Id say its about a 10-15 minute read, maybe less.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Rational Atheism

That's good! But if it's for a class I hope the professor isn't a Christian! Laughing out loud

Kovo
User is offlineOffline
Rational Atheism

Nope, simply my creed. My bases of belief. But if I ever had the chance, Id gladly throw this at a professor or two.

Thanks.

spentley
User is offlineOffline
Rational Atheism

to make it clear, i'm no genious or religous expert.

In fact, i found out i read really slow. It definatly took me more than 10 minutes to get through 16 pages.

Anyway,

I thought hinduism was the worlds largest religion... or budhism..

not christianity.

Umm...

Quote:

Possibly the most controversial historical figure

I thought jesus was a controversial historical figure because it's controversial that he ever existed.

Not what he did when he existed (didn't). Discussing what he did, when he supposedly existed, would be controversing a mythical figure. Which is more what your paper interprets.

those are two things i found confusing.

God is the omnimax creator by definition of major religions. If there is evidence that the religion is incorrect about the nature of reality, then there is evidence that the God the religion defines does not exist.

Kovo
User is offlineOffline
Rational Atheism

Well by that line u quoted, I meant, the most controversial figure from a religious stand point in history.

Plus, in my honest opinion, the guy existed. Its the fact that he was only a man, and not the son of any god, or a miracle worker that we all doubt and do not belive. Well atleast most of us. It is safe to say that a man named Jesus existed. Its idiotic to say that his story is true. Plus, there had been many Jesus' at that time, claiming to be the messiah. Some people even claim that the story of jesus in the bible is a compolation of stories from different men. But I lost a link to that site, and Im not sure it has much validity.

KingDavid8
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Rational Atheism

spentley wrote:

not christianity.

Per: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_world_religions

Christianity = 33% of world population (2.1 billion people)
Islam = 21% (1.5 billion)
Non-religious = 16% (1.1 billion) This includes atheists, agnostics, deists and pantheists
Hinduism = 14% (944 million)
Buddhism = 6% (708 million)

David

Kovo
User is offlineOffline
Rational Atheism

KingDavid8 wrote:
spentley wrote:

not christianity.

Per: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_world_religions

Christianity = 33% of world population (2.1 billion people)
Islam = 21% (1.5 billion)
Non-religious = 16% (1.1 billion) This includes atheists, agnostics, deists and pantheists
Hinduism = 14% (944 million)
Buddhism = 6% (708 million)

David

Thanks, thats what I thought.

spentley
User is offlineOffline
Rational Atheism

Kovo wrote:
Well by that line u quoted, I meant, the most controversial figure from a religious stand point in history.

Quote:

Fair enough,

I do agree that a person with the name Jesus may have existed during the time.

God is the omnimax creator by definition of major religions. If there is evidence that the religion is incorrect about the nature of reality, then there is evidence that the God the religion defines does not exist.