Why is Homosexuality Still Wrong? (Moved from the Kill 'Em With Kindness forum)

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why is Homosexuality Still Wrong? (Moved from the Kill 'Em With Kindness forum)

i really hope this is in the right place but i shall go ahead for now.

I dont have a bible handy on me right now , but i am pretty sure that the only ruling agains Homosexuality was in the old testament.

so my question is since you guys and girls keeps aying the old testament rules dont count anymore since jesus sacrficed himself. why is homosexuality seen as wrong?

Lynette1977
Lynette1977's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is a very interesting

There is a very interesting piece on Yahoo right now called Gay or Straight in which studies are showing that:

1. The higher the number of boys in a family, the liklier the youngest is to be gay.

2. Hormones while in the womb play a great role in determining sexual orientation.

3. Children observed as taking part in what appears to be feminine or masculine behaviors when they are the opposite often grow up to be gay.

4. Rats can have their sexual orientation changed just through offering up more of a hormone.

5. Some suggestions say that being gay may have something to do with the mother's body and her desire to have a child of the opposite sex.

6. Mannerisms, voice and behavior are often indicators of sexual orientation. Not always, but a majority of the time and most of which are evident even as early as 18 months old.

As the studies and science mounts on this topic the bible will once again be completely moot on this subject as it is on so many others. Until then, the religious right will dictate how people should behave according to their own ideology.

Flemming Rose: “When [christians] say you are not showing respect, I would say: you are not asking for my respect, you are asking for my submission….”

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malice wrote:

tracifish wrote:

And I'd like to add, God does not call us to hate anybody....but to love even our enemies. Jesus died for homosexuals as well. The bible says fornicators and homosexuals won't enter the kingdom of heaven...but look at the next verse:

Malice wrote:
yet in the old testmaint he called you to stone them to death :P

Yes. In the old testament, He called Israel to stone those who engaged in homosexual acts among them. He called Israel to do alot of things that He doesn't call us to do. And we are in all in a new dispensation...including Israel, but I don't think they know why.

Malice wrote:
if you dont hate will you allow gay marrige?

I'm not going out of my way to stop it.

Malice wrote:
1Cr 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

does that mean everyone is able to get into heavan. so technically poeple can do what they want .

No. It says that "such were some of you." That means they repented....and were sanctified and justified by the Name of Jesus and the Spirit of God.

It isn't easy coming to Christ. We need to be willing to give everything up....even our families the things we love most, and our very lives, if need be. Muslims in Islamic nations understand this most...as they often have to flee their homeland and leave everything behind...and are sometimes killed by their own families. Some have given up promising futures...and haven't seen their families and loved ones for years. It's hard. That's why most people don't want to do it.

[MOD EDIT - fixed quotes]

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malice wrote: if you dont

Malice wrote:
if you dont hate will you allow gay marrige?

tracifish wrote:

I'm not going out of my way to stop it.

so in an election you would vote yes?

Malice wrote:

does that mean everyone is able to get into heavan. so technically poeple can do what they want .

tracifish wrote:

No. It says that "such were some of you." That means they repented....and were sanctified and justified by the Name of Jesus and the Spirit of God.

rependted for what being who tehy were, so they need to prey for forgiveness for being the way teh were"created" by "god"

tracifish wrote:

It isn't easy coming to Christ. We need to be willing to give everything up....even our families the things we love most, and our very lives, if need be. Muslims in Islamic nations understand this most...as they often have to flee their homeland and leave everything behind...and are sometimes killed by their own families. Some have given up promising futures...and haven't seen their families and loved ones for years. It's hard. That's why most people don't want to do it.

thats sounds very umm cult like?

and it so gonna suck if you die and one of the greek gods are sitting thier looking at you 

why would someone give up thier loved ones for an unprobable being again sounds like a cult to me  

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lynette1977 wrote: There

Lynette1977 wrote:

There is a very interesting piece on Yahoo right now called Gay or Straight in which studies are showing that:

1. The higher the number of boys in a family, the liklier the youngest is to be gay.

2. Hormones while in the womb play a great role in determining sexual orientation.

3. Children observed as taking part in what appears to be feminine or masculine behaviors when they are the opposite often grow up to be gay.

4. Rats can have their sexual orientation changed just through offering up more of a hormone.

5. Some suggestions say that being gay may have something to do with the mother's body and her desire to have a child of the opposite sex.

6. Mannerisms, voice and behavior are often indicators of sexual orientation. Not always, but a majority of the time and most of which are evident even as early as 18 months old.

As the studies and science mounts on this topic the bible will once again be completely moot on this subject as it is on so many others. Until then, the religious right will dictate how people should behave according to their own ideology.

your back yay :P 

you ahve some of the best infomrantion /links on sexual oriantiaon if its not a pain would you be able to send me somemostly regarding hormones or that deal with chemical unbalances 

with point 3 can you explain it some more i am not getting it so are you saying a really macho guy that partakes in say baking cakes will most likley turn out gay? 

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malice....I'm not voting

Malice....I'm not voting either way....and do not know if my faith even fits into politics.

Yes, we all have to repent for being what we are....sinners. Well, you don't have to...only if you want to repent and put your trust in Christ. We were not created as sinners, but are fallen creatures.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
pederasty became homosexuality

The Greeks ridiculed same-gender sex so forcefully that if a man received the sex act he could not become a Greek citizen. Pederasty, what we have come to know as homosexuality, was denounced so loudly, that men that had that inclination were not allowed to eneter a school, or gymnasium, as it was called back then.

Also, let us just try for once to use a scientific and medical approach to the revulsion and opposition to accepting homosexuality as defining a minority class of individual. It is a behavior and nothing more. How does a homosexual act change a caucasian, or a asian, into somethin new?

Just use physiology and biology and try not to get emotional. If you do, you introduce a super-natural element into the discussion. Even in nature as homosexuality does occur, it is never elevated to anything but a mistake, and the individual animal that is stuck with a homosexual orientation is left to die out. Not exactly a ringing Darwinian endorsement for promoting homosexuality to a graet endeavor.

0 x 0 = Atheism. Something from nothing? Ahhh no.
And Karl, religion is not the opiate of the people, opium is. Visit any modern city in the western world and see.

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead wrote:

[MOD EDIT - Post deleted for insults and swearing in the Kill 'Em With Kindness forum]

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead wrote: The

nonbobblehead wrote:

The Greeks ridiculed same-gender sex so forcefully that if a man received the sex act he could not become a Greek citizen. Pederasty, what we have come to know as homosexuality, was denounced so loudly, that men that had that inclination were not allowed to eneter a school, or gymnasium, as it was called back then.

and where do you read this ? i would like to see some hard facts about this , mailny becuase i have read and heard otherwise to that.

the only reason one has to hate homosexuality is only becuase of the babble.

nonbobblehead wrote:

Also, let us just try for once to use a scientific and medical approach to the revulsion and opposition to accepting homosexuality as defining a minority class of individual. It is a behavior and nothing more. How does a homosexual act change a caucasian, or a asian, into somethin new?

Your joking right ? you say lets use sientific and medical approch but then go on to talk about some crazed self opionion that isnt sientific at all and even fails to make sense for the first sentence.

also defination for minority

"The definition of a minority group can vary, depending on specific context, but generally refers to either a sub-group that does not form either a majority or a plurality of the total population, or a group that, while not necessarily a numerical minority, is disadvantaged or otherwise has less power (whether political or economic) than a dominant group. Examples of minorities in this latter context include women in some countries and African Americans in Mississippi in the 1920s "en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority

nonbobblehead wrote:

Just use physiology and biology and try not to get emotional. If you do, you introduce a super-natural element into the discussion. Even in nature as homosexuality does occur, it is never elevated to anything but a mistake, and the individual animal that is stuck with a homosexual orientation is left to die out. Not exactly a ringing Darwinian endorsement for promoting homosexuality to a graet endeavor.

First of sounds liek your getting ratier emotional your self so souble standard much .

secondly have you even done any study in regards to homosexuality in wild life or poeple ? i am thinking not due to your statement of made up gargbage? have a look at some of the preivous links made that will show you otherwise to your statement ,also want to provide soem proof of what your sayinginstead of Emotional statementes:P

TO ANY MOD

can this please be moved to athiest Vs Theist only i see it getting escalted and i dont want to see the thread closed

thank you 

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
tracifish

tracifish wrote:

Malice....I'm not voting either way....and do not know if my faith even fits into politics.

your faith fits into politics mainly becuase it will effect your desicion on teh subject such as same sex marrige or abortion.

tracifish wrote:

Yes, we all have to repent for being what we are....sinners. Well, you don't have to...only if you want to repent and put your trust in Christ. We were not created as sinners, but are fallen creatures.

dont you find it kinda stupid your ahve to ask for forgiveness for being what your created?

also we arent the fallen creatures thast what "demons" are. even if we were "fallen" dont you think its harsh were this way becasue of the actions of two people thousnads of years ago.

also why would i trust someone who made a world full of stuff taht can kill me , including the world it self , yep i can see why you would follow him.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lynette1977 wrote: There

Lynette1977 wrote:

Lynette1977, glad to see you back.

You beat me to it.  I had taken notes and was going to post this.

The only exception is to the first.  For an unexplained reason, that only holds true for right-handed boys.  It does not hold true for girls or left-handed boys.

I recommend that everyone take a look at these videos from 60 Minutes.  The interviews with the identical twins are fascinating.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep, my last post was

Yep, my last post was inappropriate for kill them with kindness... sorry... i'll try again... 

nonbobblehead wrote:

Back it up with proof.  I am reading a book right now that says different  My book also cites references and provides scientific proof.  Why should I believe this lie again?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Also, let us just try for once to use a scientific and medical approach to the revulsion and opposition to accepting homosexuality as defining a minority class of individual. It is a behavior and nothing more. How does a homosexual act change a caucasian, or a asian, into somethin new?

It's not my fault you don't get the point.  Not my fault you don't understand evolution either.  I wish intelligence had evolved more some.  Oh well.

I find the way xtians pervert love by equating it with sex replusive and obsessive.  It's even sicker that xtians project so much about sex.  It makes me shiver.

noboblehead wrote:

biology and try not to get emotional. If you do, you introduce a super-natural element into the discussion. Even in nature as homosexuality does occur, it is never elevated to anything but a mistake, and the individual animal that is stuck with a homosexual orientation is left to die out. Not exactly a ringing Darwinian endorsement for promoting homosexuality to a graet endeavor.

Double standard. 

No super-natural emotions from us but hatred and lies from a super-natural being. 

I really wish xtians would stop making young people feel bad about who they are.  They are just kids.  It's terrible and appalling that xtians make them even hate themselves and fill them with saddness with lies and hatrad.  They are just kids.  It's so cruel.  They are just kids.  Leave them alone.  They don't deserve your unjustified scorn.

Judge: god, you have been accused of existence! What do you have to say for yourself?

god: I am innocent until proven guilty, your honour!

Juvenile Narcissist
Silver Member
Juvenile Narcissist's picture
User is offlineOffline

nonbobblehead wrote:

i also have to ask for proof of this. and relevance. what does what the greeks felt about anything have to do with what we do today? did someone refer to the greeks in a previous post or something?

nonbobblehead wrote:

no, it isn't a behavior and nothing more. in fact, i haven't engaged in the behavior for awhile. and guess what? still homosexual. and i'm not sure i get what your last question is asking. we're not allowed to be considered a minority, because our sexuality doesn't change our ethnicity? we've already been made a minority group by people who single us out and discriminate against us. it would be great if we didn't have to be considered a minority group, because no one saw us as different. but they do see us as different. and they would like to deny us rights that we are entitled to because of that difference. and there is no legitimate reason for doing so. if you disagree, give me the legitimate reasons.

nonbobblehead wrote:

Just use physiology and biology and try not to get emotional. If you do, you introduce a super-natural element into the discussion.

emotions aren't "super-natural." emotions are natural. emotions are also biological and greatly tied in to attraction. but we'll put this fact aside for a moment and look at it physiologically and biologically speaking (as you appear to define them). gays can get their partners off just as well than straight people can. so what's the problem? i see no physiological or biological problems with homosexuality.

nonbobblehead wrote:

Even in nature as homosexuality does occur, it is never elevated to anything but a mistake,

and yet that mistake is still around. so what's your point? we're not asking to be seen as gods.

nonbobblehead wrote:

and the individual animal that is stuck with a homosexual orientation is left to die out.

hardly. especially since they haven't died out. homosexuality is still alive and well in numerous other species besides ours. and they appear to be getting along just fine.

nonbobblehead wrote:

Not exactly a ringing Darwinian endorsement for promoting homosexuality to a graet endeavor.

whether something is "natural" or not certainly should not be the sole criterion by which it is judged. after all, rape is natural, but i would not consider it a great endeavor. but evolutionarily speaking, rape is an excellent way to propagate one's genes. so it would be considered a great evolutionary endeavor. so does that make it moral? should we protect the rights of rapists to rape since they are supported by evolution? would you make them a legitimate minority class of individual?

Rill

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malice wrote: Quote: your

Malice wrote:

Quote:
your faith fits into politics mainly becuase it will effect your desicion on teh subject such as same sex marrige or abortion.

...only to the extent that one chooses to be active in politics or political activities. Your non-faith also fits into politics depending on the same things. I'm Christian and prolife...but as a Christian, am more interested in the matters of the heart. Laws are good for society...but they are an external thing. If I vote, my faith will affect how I vote. Do I want to take away your rights? No. I want you to be protected and to benefit by the same constitution as me.

You are not a Christian. I do not expect you to follow the same rules...or share the same biblical values....

I'm still trying to work alot things out politically...because more and more, I'm cherishing the seperation between church and state and some issues are confusing me because my faith affects the way I look at secular things as well... 

[quotes]dont you find it kinda stupid your ahve to ask for forgiveness for being what your created?

At one time, I did. Yes. Everything in me raged against such an idea... and likewise, the bible says that's all we can do...because we are by nature, children of wrath.... 

Quote:
also we arent the fallen creatures thast what "demons" are.

They are more literally fallen, in that they were cast out of heaven....  

Quote:
even if we were "fallen" dont you think its harsh were this way becasue of the actions of two people thousnads of years ago.

We inherited the sin nature. It's harsh....but it was harsh on God the Son, to take all our sin upon himself, and the fulness of God's wrath was poured out on him...in our place. 

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Malice

Malice wrote:
nonbobblehead wrote:

and where do you read this ? i would like to see some hard facts about this , mailny becuase i have read and heard otherwise to that.

the only reason one has to hate homosexuality is only becuase of the babble.

nonbobblehead wrote:

Your joking right ? you say lets use sientific and medical approch but then go on to talk about some crazed self opionion that isnt sientific at all and even fails to make sense for the first sentence.

also defination for minority

"The definition of a minority group can vary, depending on specific context, but generally refers to either a sub-group that does not form either a majority or a plurality of the total population, or a group that, while not necessarily a numerical minority, is disadvantaged or otherwise has less power (whether political or economic) than a dominant group. Examples of minorities in this latter context include women in some countries and African Americans in Mississippi in the 1920s "en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority

nonbobblehead wrote:

First of sounds liek your getting ratier emotional your self so souble standard much .

secondly have you even done any study in regards to homosexuality in wild life or poeple ? i am thinking not due to your statement of made up gargbage? have a look at some of the preivous links made that will show you otherwise to your statement ,also want to provide soem proof of what your sayinginstead of Emotional statementes:P

The knowledge of history is disappearing in the education of our youth of today.

Here's a glimpse here down in the piece: http://www.emayzine.com/lectures/Notes%20Greeececoherenc.htm

The tie to their children was strong, and the community set high store by the honor owed by sons and daughters to their parents.

Male homosexuality is frequently pictured on Athenian vases and mentioned in literature.

Socially acceptable was "boy love," a homosexual relationship between a mature man and a young boy just before the youth attained puberty.

This relationship was viewed as pedagogicala rite of initiation into adult society.

Like initiation rites in general, it contained a strong element of humiliation.

Adult male homosexuality and homosexual prostitution, however, were not socially acceptable.

Such relationships were looked upon as "contrary to nature," and the Athenian government issued stringent legal prohibitions against them.

And Karl, religion is not the opiate of the people, opium is. Visit any modern city in the western world and see.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
"There's nothing new under

"There's nothing new under the sun."

I like the phrase about modern-day "Liberals and Progressives" I saw over at Beliefnet.com.

Re-Romans.

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonboblehead wrote: Here's

nonboblehead wrote:

Here's a glimpse here down in the piece: http://www.emayzine.com/lectures/Notes%20Greeececoherenc.htm

That's it? That's all you got? Some random website by some unpublished guy that cites no references or sources, whatsoever? That's what you call proof? Are you kidding?

A website with no credentials listed, broken links to nowhere and a university graphic that doesn't even link to the university? A place where they endorse another random website that:

"investigates, researches and reports on the most shocking stories of our time: conspiracies, UFOs, and other very important stuff."?

You want me to take you seriously? You're kidding, right?

And these lies you spewed?

nonboblehead wrote:

THOSE LIES?

There is NOTHING in your pathetic website that even mentions any of the LIES you spewed, WHATSOEVER. He doesn't say any of those LIES at all. NONE of your LIES are there, so I don't even know why you would use that as some sort of justification for the LIES you keep telling.

nonboblehead wrote:

The tie to their children was strong, and the community set high store by the honor owed by sons and daughters to their parents.

Male homosexuality is frequently pictured on Athenian vases and mentioned in literature.

Socially acceptable was "boy love," a homosexual relationship between a mature man and a young boy just before the youth attained puberty.

This relationship was viewed as pedagogicala rite of initiation into adult society.

Adult male homosexuality and homosexual prostitution, however, were not socially acceptable.

Such relationships were looked upon as "contrary to nature," and the Athenian government issued stringent legal prohibitions against them.

In fact, what you just copied and pasted here is the only mention of homosexuality in his whole 700 word, 6th grade project. I've had 5th grade students who have written more on Greek civilization WITH references than that.

Pathtic. It's embarassing that you would even consider using that as some kind of credible source.

Oh yeah, the Greeks hated homosexuality sooo much and that's why they spent all that time and effort (and resource) to celebrate and dipict it through the arts, scupture and literature, right?

Don't make me laugh.

Stop with your lies, otherwise you'll be known as a liar.

It's sick.

nonboblehed wrote:

The knowledge of history is disappearing in the education of our youth of today.

You seem to be evidence of that.

Now stop with your lying. It's sick.

Judge: god, you have been accused of existence! What do you have to say for yourself?

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead

nonbobblehead wrote:

"There's nothing new under the sun."

I like the phrase about modern-day "Liberals and Progressives" I saw over at Beliefnet.com.

Re-Romans.

What the hell is this? Pathetic.

I'm still waiting for you to answer for the lies you spewed denying Hiter's xtianity in the "Question for our Christian Vistors" thread.

Don't think you can get away with lying in that thread either.

Just sick.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline

nonbobblehead wrote:

Also, let us just try for once to use a scientific and medical approach to the revulsion and opposition to accepting homosexuality as defining a minority class of individual. It is a behavior and nothing more. How does a homosexual act change a caucasian, or a asian, into somethin new?

Actually the Ancient Greeks were endorsers of homosexuality, particularly the Spartans. In fact homosexuality was such a part of the Spartan military culture (all boys and men from the age of 7 went to the army all girls and women did go to fitness camps of some sort - both promoted homosexuality) that when a man came to marry a woman (the only kind of marraige allowed) that women would very often wear fake beards in bed.

As for Darwinian natural selection, yes indeed homosexuality is a mistake in that sense, homosexuals cannot reproduce. But as for the act/ existence of homosexuality, what is morally wrong with it. Darwinism does not endorse Social Darwinism, this is simply because we have developed conscience and morality through evolution - we consider such things as genocide to be wrong. The act of homosexuality can take place between two consenting adults as with heterosexuality, what is wrong with that? No one gets hurt. The act of homosexuality could also be rape as with heterosexuality, both are wrong, someone gets harmed. As long as no one is harmed then why should anything be immoral? Sexual consent is a key issue no matter what sexuality someone is, but in any sexuality (bar paedophilia) consent can be given freely, it is only immoral when consent is not given, violation is a form of harm. Any act of paedophilia cannot be done consentingly (unless of course the act is with a person who looks like a child but is in fact above the age of consent (16 in this country, 18 in the US(?)) as the child cannot understand, would be caused extreme psychological damage and could be easily coerced into such an act. Children cannot give free consent to adults to violate them.

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lynette1977 wrote: Malice

Lynette1977 wrote:
Malice wrote:

i really hope this is in the right place but i shall go ahead for now.

I dont have a bible handy on me right now , but i am pretty sure that the only ruling agains Homosexuality was in the old testament.

so my question is since you guys and girls keeps aying the old testament rules dont count anymore since jesus sacrficed himself. why is homosexuality seen as wrong?

This sounds like NIV apologetics. I do not doubt their scholarship, not in the slightest...but what I do doubt is their honesty. From the ancient writers of what are now called the Syanaticus (sp) and the Codex Vaticanus, to Westcot and Hort...and the scholars on the NIV translation committee, there has been an unbroken web of deception...and I'm not one to call anyone a liar, lightly, but to believe the best intentions until proven absolutely otherwise. 

This is from ReligiousTolerance.org and there's more there. We all know that the Bible we have now is nothing like what it was compared to the earliest versions we have available.

The original Greek text describes the two behaviors as "malakoi" (malakoi; some sources quote "malakee,") and "arsenokoitai (arsenokoitai)." Although these are often translated by modern Bibles as "homosexual," we can be fairly certain that this is not the meaning that Paul wanted to convey. If he had, he would have used the Greek word "paiderasste." That was the standard term at the time for male homosexuals. We can conclude that he probably meant something different from persons who engaged in male-male adult sexual behavior.
bullet"Malakoi" is translated in both Matthew 11:8 and Luke 7:25 as "soft" (KJV) or as "fine" (NIV) in references to clothing. It could also mean "loose" or "pliable," as in the phrase "loose morals," implying "unethical behavior." In the early Christian church, the words were interpreted by some as referring to persons who are pliable, easily influenced, without courage or stability. Non-Biblical writings of the era used the world to refer to lazy men, men who cannot handle hard work, and cowards. [John] Wesley's Bible Notes defines "Malakoi" as those "Who live in an easy, indolent way; taking up no cross, enduring no hardship." 6 One knowledgeable but anonymous reviewer of our web site said that the word translated here as "effeminate" really "means men not working or advancing ideas so as to concern themselves with love only. Not working for the good of the whole....Our present culture has all sorts of connotations associated with the word 'effeminate' that simply don't apply" to Paul's era. It would seem that the word "effeminate" can only be regarded as a mistranslation.
bullet"Arsenokoitai" is made up of two parts: "arsen" means "man"; "koitai" means "beds." The Septuagint (an ancient, pre-Christian translation of the Old Testament into Greek) translated the Hebrew "quadesh" in I Kings 14:24, 15:12 and 22:46 as "arsenokoitai." They were referring to "male temple prostitutes" - people who engaged in ritual sex in Pagan temples. 4 Some leaders in the early Christian church also thought that it meant temple prostitutes. Some authorities believe that it simply means male prostitutes with female customers - a practice which appears to have been a common practice in the Roman empire. One source refers to other writings which contained the word "arsenokoitai:" (Sibylline Oracles 2.70-77, Acts of John; Theophilus of Antioch Ad Autolycum). They suggest that the term refers "to some kind of economic exploitation by means of sex (but no necessarily homosexual sex)." 2 Probably "pimp" or "man living off of the avails of prostitution" would be the closest English translations. It is worth noting that "Much Greek homosexual erotic literature has survived, none of it contains the word aresenokoitai." 5

tracifish
Theist
tracifish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aaaaaarrrrgh! For some

Aaaaaarrrrgh! For some reason, my reply didn't show up. I'll try again later. It was kind of a long one...and I'm too frustrated to write it over again.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking

Free Thinking wrote:
nonboblehead wrote:

That's it? That's all you got? Some random website by some unpublished guy that cites no references or sources, whatsoever? That's what you call proof? Are you kidding?

A website with no credentials listed, broken links to nowhere and a university graphic that doesn't even link to the university? A place where they endorse another random website that:

"investigates, researches and reports on the most shocking stories of our time: conspiracies, UFOs, and other very important stuff."?

You want me to take you seriously? You're kidding, right?

And these lies you spewed?

nonboblehead wrote:

THOSE LIES?

There is NOTHING in your pathetic website that even mentions any of the LIES you spewed, WHATSOEVER. He doesn't say any of those LIES at all. NONE of your LIES are there, so I don't even know why you would use that as some sort of justification for the LIES you keep telling.

nonboblehead wrote:

In fact, what you just copied and pasted here is the only mention of homosexuality in his whole 700 word, 6th grade project. I've had 5th grade students who have written more on Greek civilization WITH references than that.

Pathtic. It's embarassing that you would even consider using that as some kind of credible source.

Oh yeah, the Greeks hated homosexuality sooo much and that's why they spent all that time and effort (and resource) to celebrate and dipict it through the arts, scupture and literature, right?

Don't make me laugh.

Stop with your lies, otherwise you'll be known as a liar.

It's sick.

nonboblehed wrote:

You seem to be evidence of that.

Now stop with your lying. It's sick.

Geez, take a deep breath. I am not looking for martyrdom. I was asked to supply a backup of my statement, and it took just a second to find a reference in a www search.

Why "IS" homosexuality disapproved of in so many, many, many, countries of the "modern" world today, if it is just a lovey dovey and great societal situation?

Because pederasty/homosexuality was weighed and disapproved of.

Why are we trying to use "progressive" thought, and going backwards in our societal norms? Why not use our immense knowledge of the human body and teach that rectums and throats have nothing to do with sexuality in any provable way? That is using the scientific appraoch to ward off a mob attack by a group of Sodom-like rabble on those that disapprove of advertising and promoting female and male homosexuality.

To me, it looks like logic and reason is on the side of the anti-homosexual group, and all that the gay brights orgs have is hysteria and personal feelings. Are we going to creat minority classifications on peoples emotional responses to everything?

That homosexuality is repugnant to so many people in "todays" world, shows that "it" lost favor for a reason. I oppose the behavior because it shows a lack of thinking in the proponent and promter of the act itself and shows that something is wrong with the individual choosing to pursue a provably empty form of sexuality.

Again, I agree with most religionists on the whole recruitment and deception involved in the spread of homosexual educational information. I always thought that humans were capable of reasoning out problems. But it appears that emotionalism trumps physiology and biology and nature when it comes to human humping.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking wrote: Yep,

Free Thinking wrote:

Yep, my last post was inappropriate for kill them with kindness... sorry... i'll try again... 

nonbobblehead wrote:

Back it up with proof.  I am reading a book right now that says different  My book also cites references and provides scientific proof.  Why should I believe this lie again?

nonbobblehead wrote:

It's not my fault you don't get the point.  Not my fault you don't understand evolution either.  I wish intelligence had evolved more some.  Oh well.

I find the way xtians pervert love by equating it with sex replusive and obsessive.  It's even sicker that xtians project so much about sex.  It makes me shiver.

noboblehead wrote:

biology and try not to get emotional. If you do, you introduce a super-natural element into the discussion. Even in nature as homosexuality does occur, it is never elevated to anything but a mistake, and the individual animal that is stuck with a homosexual orientation is left to die out. Not exactly a ringing Darwinian endorsement for promoting homosexuality to a graet endeavor.

Double standard. 

No super-natural emotions from us but hatred and lies from a super-natural being. 

I really wish xtians would stop making young people feel bad about who they are.  They are just kids.  It's terrible and appalling that xtians make them even hate themselves and fill them with saddness with lies and hatrad.  They are just kids.  It's so cruel.  They are just kids.  Leave them alone.  They don't deserve your unjustified scorn.

What book isn't written with the authors agenda at the heart of it?

Also, you end with the creepy proclamamtion of recruitment of children. If "taught" about human sexuality in the education environment, without indoctrination methods about sexual acts here and there, one would "learn" that human sexuality is set on a path "by nature" of being male and female.

It is not the Christians or the anti-GLBT crowd that is mis-using the scientific method.

Children are children and should not be taught sexuality by political activists. We know all about the morality of politicians.

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anyone want to further

Anyone want to further educate our historian nonboble head some more?  Their appalling LIES are becoming rather sick.  And they still won't answer for the LIES they spewed when I confronted them.

Once again with the graphic sexuality.  Stop putting those graphic images in my head.

anyone?  anyone?  brian37? 

Juvenile Narcissist
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead

nonbobblehead wrote:

Geez, take a deep breath. I am not looking for martyrdom. I was asked to supply a backup of my statement, and it took just a second to find a reference in a www search.

Why "IS" homosexuality disapproved of in so many, many, many, countries of the "modern" world today, if it is just a lovey dovey and great societal situation?

why? because it is "different." "different" people are often disapproved of. what's your point? that it's okay to discriminate if it's popular? does that apply to racism as well or just homosexuality?

can you show me the evidence of homosexuality being weighed? to me, all i can see is a knee-jerk reaction to something being different, no logic, no reason, just emotion. so please show me the legitimate reasons why we should disapprove of homosexuality.

nonbobblehead wrote:

Why are we trying to use "progressive" thought, and going backwards in our societal norms?

how are we going backwards in our societal norms?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Why not use our immense knowledge of the human body and teach that rectums and throats have nothing to do with sexuality in any provable way?

men can orgasm through stimulation of the prostate via the rectum. seems like a connection between the rectum and sex to me. what kind of connection were you looking for?

nonbobblehead wrote:

That is using the scientific appraoch to ward off a mob attack by a group of Sodom-like rabble on those that disapprove of advertising and promoting female and male homosexuality.

To me, it looks like logic and reason is on the side of the anti-homosexual group, and all that the gay brights orgs have is hysteria and personal feelings. Are we going to creat minority classifications on peoples emotional responses to everything?

sorry to break it to you, but we're already a minority. and i don't find my arguments to be hysterical or based on personal feelings. i believe i have presented my argument, at least for gay marriage, in this very thread if you'd like to go back and look at them. and my arguments are shared by most homosexual rights groups so far as i know. so please point out how our arguments are nothing but hysteria and personal feelings?

nonbobblehead wrote:

That homosexuality is repugnant to so many people in "todays" world, shows that "it" lost favor for a reason.

what's the reason? just because it has a reason doesn't mean it's a good reason. doesn't mean it's a reason that justifies denying rights to people. racism is also popular and has been throughout human history. sure there's a reason for that too. does that make it a good thing? does that make it justified for one race to deny rights to another? just because there must be a "reason" for racism?

btw, homosexuality is becoming less and less repugnant to people in "todays" world. 

nonbobblehead wrote:

I oppose the behavior because it shows a lack of thinking in the proponent and promter of the act itself

how so? in what way is our thinking lacking when we engage in the behavior?

nonbobblehead wrote:

and shows that something is wrong with the individual choosing to pursue a provably empty form of sexuality.

how does it show this? and what is it that is wrong with the individual? many heterosexual people pursue an "empty" form of sexuality (if by "empty" you mean not producing children). there something wrong with them to? and should we declare their marriages null and void? or somehow outlaw these forms of sexuality?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Again, I agree with most religionists on the whole recruitment and deception involved in the spread of homosexual educational information.

you'll have to go into more detail on this for me. i know of no homosexuals who "recruit." how do we do this? do we try to catch people coming out of the mall like Marine recruiters or something? do we offer them gifts if they'll joing our ranks? and what specifically is the decption involved in the spread of homosexual educational information?

nonbobblehead wrote:

I always thought that humans were capable of reasoning out problems. But it appears that emotionalism trumps physiology and biology and nature when it comes to human humping.

show me the inherent emotionalism in the homosexual argument. and show me how your physiological and biological argument is superior and justifies discrimination. you're just making a lot of statements with no substance.  

Rill

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonboblehead wrote: Geez,

nonboblehead wrote:

You provided the weakest reference you could possible use. You couldn't even restort to Wikipedia. Only took a second? Lazy? or is it because you can't find any of evidence of YOUR LIES?

Real historians aren't Lazy.

nonboblehead wrote:

Indeed. Why do you people have so much haterd? Why do you hate other human beings? Tell me. Tell me why you hate so much and make people (and espeiclaly kids) feel shitty with your LIES. If you stop with the LIES then maybe the world could be a better place.

nonboblehead wrote:

Homosexuality has NOTHING to do with what you accuss gay people of. Just stop with the sick lies.

But I see you have resorted back to a graphic image of sex.

nonboblehead wrote:
Why not use our immense knowledge of the human body and teach that rectums and throats have nothing to do with sexuality in any provable way?

There you go again with more graphic sexual references. Just sick.

nonboblehead wrote:

That is using the scientific appraoch to ward off a mob attack by a group of Sodom-like rabble on those that disapprove of advertising and promoting female and male homosexuality.

What is the crap? Pleasse don't tell me it's some sort of foreshadowing of the future. You're scaring me. Your LYING is scaring me.

nonboblehead wrote:

Are you joking me? You spew hate speach towards a minority, and yet cry over the tragedy of an aborted fetus no bigger than a peanut?

STOP LYING.

nonboblehead wrote:

That homosexuality is repugnant to so many people in "todays" world, shows that "it" lost favor for a reason. I oppose the behavior because it shows a lack of thinking in the proponent and promter of the act itself and shows that something is wrong with the individual choosing to pursue a provably empty form of sexuality.

No, Do you know what your LYING shows? It shows you have no understanding of biology whatsoever.

I don't care if you oppose it. But if I catch you LYING AGAIN, I will be pissed.

nonbooblehead wrote:

Again, I agree with most religionists on the whole recruitment and deception involved in the spread of homosexual educational information. I always thought that humans were capable of reasoning out problems.

I wish you didn't tell me that. You creep me out too. You're going to go around and spread these LIES and HATE? I hope that was a LIE!

nonboblehead wrote:

But it appears that emotionalism trumps physiology and biology and nature when it comes to human humping.

There you go with futher graphic sexuality. It's disgusting.

STOP LYING!

PLEASE?

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Free thinking, This is a

Free thinking,

This is a joke right?:

I"ndeed. Why do you people have so much haterd? Why do you hate other human beings? Tell me. Tell me why you hate so much and make people (and espeiclaly kids) feel shitty with your LIES. If you stop with the LIES then maybe the world could be a better place."

Umm, teaching that sperm is somehow redesigned by natural causes to be placed in the throat or rectum (or in latex protective devices) just because a person possesses the thoughts to do so, is teaching an irrational and unreasonable myth where biolgy and physiology (science) should be taught.

That would be where you would find a lie being taught instead of truth.

See you later (so to speak.)

BTW, why do ALL free thinkers have to think exactly the same on all things? Makes "freethinker" an oxymoron to me

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead wrote: Umm,

nonbobblehead wrote:
Umm, teaching that sperm is somehow redesigned by natural causes to be placed in the throat or rectum (or in latex protective devices) just because a person possesses the thoughts to do so,

That's just sick. Stop with the pornographic imagery. You keep bringing it up! I've had enough of your sick perversion. It's disgusting.

Just which person are you talking about? Because I sure as hell wasn't thinking anything even close to that kind of stuff whatsoever.

YOU were thinking that! And it's YOU who keeps talking about it!

Disgusting. Stop bringing your filth here. It's pornograhic. *shiver*

nonboblehead wrote:

teaching an irrational and unreasonable myth where biolgy and physiology (science) should be taught. That would be where you would find a lie being taught instead of truth.

I know! So please, stop with the LYING.

nonboblehead wrote:

What are you trying to say?! You're coming back to here do more LYING?! Or xtian-like, as in, "I'll be seeing you later in hell because I'll be sent there by god for all my LYING." ? Either way it's scary.

nonboblehead wrote:

BTW, why do ALL free thinkers have to think exactly the same on all things?

We don't. Stop with the LIES! PLEASE!

Why does it seem that all xtians have to argue (and not even think about) exactly the same on all things? I know all of you are not like that, so why do some of you keep LYING?

nonboblehead wrote:

Makes "freethinker" an oxymoron to me

I told you that was a LIE! And have now asked you SEVERAL times to stop the LYING but you STILL KEEP LYING!

Makes "being a xtian" an oxymoron to me.

I REST MY CASE.

Friends, nonboblehead here, has been going around with pornographic language and telling LIES about history, science and even denying Hitler's xtianity!

Their actions clearly proove they are guilty of LYING.

I encourage us all to hereby sentence nonboblehead to an education! A lifetime's worth of education!

(yes, nonboblehead, you heard me right.... education and not execution. yes, nonboblehead, this is called compassion.)

All in favour?

Aye!

I mean it. Stop lying. And being so pornographic. Espcially around kids. 

Juvenile Narcissist
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead wrote: Umm,

nonbobblehead wrote:
Umm, teaching that sperm is somehow redesigned by natural causes to be placed in the throat or rectum (or in latex protective devices) just because a person possesses the thoughts to do so, is teaching an irrational and unreasonable myth where biolgy and physiology (science) should be taught.

i've never seen that being taught. what i do see being taught is that we find homosexual behavior in numerous species besides the human species, thereby disproving the (mainly) theist claim that it is "unnatural." if it exists in nature, it is natural. i don't find this to be a particuarly weighty argument for any other purpose besides refuting the "unnatural" claim. i don't really care if it's natural or not. natural does not equal moral. nor does unnatural equal immoral. homosexuality isn't optimal for spreading genes, no, but who cares? the heterosexuals are doing a fine job of getting their genes out there (too fine a job in fact). and with the advent of artificial insemination (OMFG, it's UNNATURAL!!!!) we queers aren't doing a bad job either. i'm missing your point here. who cares? what does it matter if it's natural or unnatural? 

nonbobblehead wrote:

That would be where you would find a lie being taught instead of truth. See you later (so to speak.) BTW, why do ALL free thinkers have to think exactly the same on all things? Makes "freethinker" an oxymoron to me

freethinkers don't think exactly the same on all things. a lot of free thinkers have come to common conclusions on certain topics, because those conclusions are logical, fair and just. just because a group may share certain opinions doesn't mean they came to accept those opinions with no thought or non-free thought.

Rill

Juvenile Narcissist
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking

Free Thinking wrote:

nonbobblehead wrote:
Umm, teaching that sperm is somehow redesigned by natural causes to be placed in the throat or rectum (or in latex protective devices) just because a person possesses the thoughts to do so,

That's just sick. Stop with the pornographic imagery. You keep bringing it up! I've had enough of your sick perversion. It's disgusting.

Just which person are you talking about? Because I sure as hell wasn't thinking anything even close to that kind of stuff whatsoever.

seems pretty clinical and non-graphic to me. what exactly is sick and perverted about it?

Rill

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
Juvenile Narcissist

Juvenile Narcissist wrote:
Free Thinking wrote:

nonbobblehead wrote:

seems pretty clinical and non-graphic to me. what exactly is sick and perverted about it?

****sshhhh, nothing in reality but... i'm trying to make the point that it's them that keeps bringing these images up and perverting love with sex.... Eye-wink it's them that is obsessed with sex... and not gay people as they accuse of being....*****

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Juvenile Narcissist

nonbobblehead wrote:

Quote:

i've never seen that being taught.

Obviously you have never heard of GLSEN or PFLAG. Click over to massresistance.org and check out what is being "taught" in schools to children to promte homosexuality. It won't hurt you a bit.

Quote:
what i do see being taught is that we find homosexual behavior in numerous species besides the human species, thereby disproving the (mainly) theist claim that it is "unnatural." if it exists in nature, it is natural.

What exists in nature is unreasoning beasts acting like unreasoning beasts. Have you ever wondered what Darwnism thinks of homosexual animals? Zippo. They are not part of the mutation or evolutionary process. They die out as an individual. You freethinkers cannot have your cake and eat it to if "scientific facts" are to do all of the talking. It is you getting all emotional on this subject. I would not want to be a homosexual in an evolutionary sense. Animal or human being. It is you comparing humans and their behavior to unreasoning beasts. Please note that someone?

Quote:
i don't find this to be a particuarly weighty argument for any other purpose besides refuting the "unnatural" claim. i don't really care if it's natural or not. natural does not equal moral. nor does unnatural equal immoral.
Ah, but it does prove that "phobia" does not exist in the revulsion or opposition to homosexuality. Just think what an alpha male would do if an inferior male tried to anally penetrate him? Please also not that "alpha males" in nature are exclusively NOT homosexual.

Quote:
homosexuality isn't optimal for spreading genes, no, but who cares?
Darwin! Evolution. That is your dogma talking not mine talking.

Quote:
the heterosexuals are doing a fine job of getting their genes out there (too fine a job in fact). and with the advent of artificial insemination (OMFG, it's UNNATURAL!!!!) we queers aren't doing a bad job either.

Evolution and Mr. Darwin would denounce "homosexual parenting." It makes no rational sense in the natural world. Same-gender attraction and attempts at same-gender mating contradicts offspring. That is provable scienc talking.

Quote:
i'm missing your point here. who cares? what does it matter if it's natural or unnatural?

Umm, this is a freethinker website is it not? The bottom line is all about what is natural and what is not. Homosexuality happens in nature, but it is always aberrant and deviant from the norm. That is just a scientific fact. I am just offering that it is not a phobia or a bigoted stance to oppose homosexuality. Any "normal" animal does that. Or they die out. Evolution is so heartless.

nonbobblehead wrote:

That would be where you would find a lie being taught instead of truth. See you later (so to speak.) BTW, why do ALL free thinkers have to think exactly the same on all things? Makes "freethinker" an oxymoron to me

Quote:

freethinkers don't think exactly the same on all things. a lot of free thinkers have come to common conclusions on certain topics, because those conclusions are logical, fair and just.

Obviously not by "logical conclusions, or freethinkers with their Darwin-ubiquity, would oppose abortion and homosexuality far more intensely than do some religious camps. But they all bobblehead in unison on every subject.

Quote:
just because a group may share certain opinions doesn't mean they came to accept those opinions with no thought or non-free thought.

Sounds like every single Christian I have ever known.

Juvenile Narcissist
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking

Free Thinking wrote:

****sshhhh, nothing in reality but... i'm trying to make the point that it's them that keeps bringing these images up and perverting love with sex.... Eye-wink it's them that is obsessed with sex... and not gay people as they accuse of being....*****

ah, okay *wink* i was getting worried about you there.

Rill

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking

Free Thinking wrote:

nonbobblehead wrote:

Umm, there is only a few ways that two guys can "do it." I used proper physiology and biology. I wish you wouldn't get so emotional.

Quote:

Disgusting.

Excuse me. . . , if I or any other straight guy wrote those words, we would be called a homophobe.

Quote:
Stop bringing your filth here. It's pornograhic

You must have a hard time with your doctor. he would tell you the same things that I wrote. But I'm guessing you already know that I am no where near telling lies. And, I haven't seen gay porn. I only need a good biology or anatomy book.

*shiver*

nonboblehead wrote:

teaching an irrational and unreasonable myth where biolgy and physiology (science) should be taught. That would be where you would find a lie being taught instead of truth.

I know! So please, stop with the LYING.

I somehow can not be proved correct in my usage of anatomy and physiology? Homosexuality is sperm in the wrong place. Or places as it were. Sorry that gets you bummed, but it is accurate stuff. You freethinkers get all graphic about Jesus and His followers. So obviously I thought that garphic depictions were OK. I admit you freethinkers play by double standards.

nonboblehead wrote:

What are you trying to say?! You're coming back to here do more LYING?!

You cannot, nor can you ever prove me wrong about the way I depicted two guys "doing it." So, I am innocent of your valueless charge.

Or xtian-like, as in, "I'll be seeing you later in hell because I'll be sent there by god for all my LYING." ?

Now that's true. Luckily I believe repentance is an eternal absolute. It's for you too. "But," you have to want it. Please, please do not think I am proselytizing. No way sir or mam. You are free to think anything you want to.

Quote:
Either way it's scary.

See you do know some truth.

nonboblehead wrote:

BTW, why do ALL free thinkers have to think exactly the same on all things?

We don't. Stop with the LIES! PLEASE!

Why does it seem that all xtians have to argue (and not even think about) exactly the same on all things?

Have you ever heard the word "denomination?" Sorry F-T, it proves you incorrect again.

Quote:
I know all of you are not like that, so why do some of you keep LYING?

Oops, you have neard of denomination. But still I have not lied as of yet. get out your anatomy, biology and physiology books and test me?

nonboblehead wrote:

Makes "freethinker" an oxymoron to me

I told you that was a LIE! And have now asked you SEVERAL times to stop the LYING but you STILL KEEP LYING!

Makes "being a xtian" an oxymoron to me.

I REST MY CASE.

Friends, nonboblehead here, has been going around with pornographic language and telling LIES about history, science and even denying Hitler's xtianity!

A have made a decent defense against your empty and highly emotional and indeed hysterical charges. But on Hitler's "Christianity," just a cursory read of any one of the Gospels and you would see that it is Jesus (the Christ) that denounces Hitler being a follower of His, not just my opinion. You should try reading the Gospels instead of just having infidels.org tell you about it.

Their actions clearly proove they are guilty of LYING.

I encourage us all to hereby sentence nonboblehead to an education! A lifetime's worth of education!

As long as my mind and not any other aspect of my being, physical or mental, has to go through any homosexualization, I'll listen to anything you want to try to indoctrinate in to. I can't be hypnotized either.

Quote:
(yes, nonboblehead, you heard me right.... education and not execution. yes, nonboblehead, this is called compassion.)

And the throat and the rectum are never be part of the sexual reproduction organs. I eagerly await your entertaining class. But please, no gay porn, or any other. Just stick to the facts and we'll keep it civil and rational.

Quote:

All in favour?

Aye!

I mean it. Stop lying. And being so pornographic. Espcially around kids. 

Sorry, I'll have to dissent here. I cannot discard truth to appease your hysteria. Since it is the kids being targeted by the promoters of homosexuality, I'll have to face that challenge with scientific facts instead of the highly charged emotionalism you exhibit.

Take a deep breath and live your life as you see fit. If you want to keep yourself chaste and innocent until you find the right person to marry (which in every civilization known to mankind has predominantly has meant a man and a woman), please know that I support you in that noblest of moral choices.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
tracifish

tracifish wrote:
Aaaaaarrrrgh! For some reason, my reply didn't show up. I'll try again later. It was kind of a long one...and I'm too frustrated to write it over again.

Yeah mine disappeared too.

IzzyPop
IzzyPop's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead

nonbobblehead wrote:
Obviously you have never heard of GLSEN or PFLAG. Click over to massresistance.org and check out what is being "taught" in schools to children to promte homosexuality. It won't hurt you a bit.

Gotta love the recruitment 'theory'. I have a quick question. If the homosexuals are 'recruiting' for their lifestyle, why am I not gay? My parents both were. If it were indoctrination, I would have been the perfect subject. They could have molded my mind however they wanted to. I remember the sex talk my mom had with me and I don't recall ever discussing rectums or throats...straight porn taught me that. (Thank you, Internet!)

And yet, with all the years of seeing woman kiss other women, men hold hands with other men, and PEOPLE expressing love in both simple and profound ways, I find myself attracted to the opposite sex. Enough to get married and have a child. And when my child is old enough, she can love whomever she wants and I'll be okay with it. Love is love.

To quote Dennis Miller "I don't care if you need a platypus to get off, just don't come to my house asking to borrow my platypus."

"When you hit your thumb with a hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a special kind of atheist to jump up and down shout, 'Oh, random fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!'"-Terry Pratchett

Juvenile Narcissist
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead wrote:  

nonbobblehead wrote:

nah, i don't like having to do your homework. if you can't provide me with the substance to back up your claims, don't make them. and certainly don't expect me to search for it.

nonbobblehead wrote:

What exists in nature is unreasoning beasts acting like unreasoning beasts. Have you ever wondered what Darwnism thinks of homosexual animals? Zippo.

no, i have never wondered what an natural process thinks about something. mostly because i don't go anthropomorphizing natural processesses. that's like asking me if i wonder about what gravity thinks of airplanes (or evolution for that matter, since evolution didn't see fit to grant us the biological ability to fly).

nonbobblehead wrote:

They are not part of the mutation or evolutionary process. They die out as an individual. You freethinkers cannot have your cake and eat it to if "scientific facts" are to do all of the talking. It is you getting all emotional on this subject. I would not want to be a homosexual in an evolutionary sense. Animal or human being.

then don't be a homosexual. not sure how that's a problem. is someone trying to make you queer? and i'm still not very clear on your point. you seem to be all over the place.

nonbobblehead wrote:

It is you comparing humans and their behavior to unreasoning beasts. Please note that someone?

so what? we share quite a few behaviors with "unreasoning beasts." what's your point?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Ah, but it does prove that "phobia" does not exist in the revulsion or opposition to homosexuality.

how does it prove that?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Just think what an alpha male would do if an inferior male tried to anally penetrate him? Please also not that "alpha males" in nature are exclusively NOT homosexual.

not sure what "alpha males" have to do with humans. our social structure is not the same as that of wolves.

homosexuality isn't optimal for spreading genes, no, but who cares?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Darwin! Evolution. That is your dogma talking not mine talking.

what dogma? can you please enlighten me as to what exactly the dogma of Darwin and evolution is please?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Evolution and Mr. Darwin would denounce "homosexual parenting."

you have very odd views on Mr. Darwin and evolution. you seem to expect us to view evolution as a god that we must obey. you certainly anthropomorphize the hell out of it. it's not alive. it can make no denouncements. and what Mr. Darwin thought of homosexual parenting means nothing. evolution is not a dictator to which we feel we must bow to the wishes of. it's simply a natural process. always has been. and humans as a species often go against evolution. not just queers.

nonbobblehead wrote:

It makes no rational sense in the natural world.

and by your logic, neither does taking our sick children to the doctor. we should simply let them be. if they are strong enough, they will survive and produce strong offspring. if not, they will die. and their weak genes with them.

nonbobblehead wrote:

Same-gender attraction and attempts at same-gender mating contradicts offspring.

who cares?

nonbobblehead wrote:

That is provable scienc talking.

uh huh. who cares?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Umm, this is a freethinker website is it not? The bottom line is all about what is natural and what is not.

it is? how so?

nonbobblehead wrote:

Homosexuality happens in nature, but it is always aberrant and deviant from the norm.

uh huh. yes, it is. so what? there are quite a number of things that deviate from the norm. quite a few of them nobody cares about. why care about this deviation? it causes no harm.

nonbobblehead wrote:

That is just a scientific fact. I am just offering that it is not a phobia or a bigoted stance to oppose homosexuality. Any "normal" animal does that. Or they die out. Evolution is so heartless.

not sure how you come to the conclusion that an animal would die out if it didn't oppose homosexuality. care to clarify? and evolution is only "heartless" because it isn't a living thing, it doesn't have emotion. you don't have to anthropomorphize it into something capable of thoughts and feelings and desires. it has none of those. and, yes, it is phobic and bigoted to oppose homosexuality. here's why. a phobia is an irrational fear of something. people may well be fearful of homosexuality because of some kind of instict. that doesn't make the fear in any way rational. instinct isn't rational. it isn't rooted in reason. there is no rational reason to fear homosexuality. thus, any fear of homosexuality, while it may be instinctual, is still a phobia. and bigotry is an intolerance to what is different from oneself. and this is what people who oppose homosexuality are displaying. so, yeah, it's bigoted. bigotry is most likely biologically rooted, but that doesn't make it rational either. or moral. like i said before, racism is most likely biologically based, but that doesn't make it moral either. i find it odd that you made the comment "It is you comparing humans and their behavior to unreasoning beasts" as if it was something bad. because that's exactly what you're doing here. except you seem to be expecting humans not to be able to rise above the level of "unreasoning beasts," while i do. we are not slaves to our instincts. we can reason. and it is that reason that leads us to go against instincts that do harm to others. but you seem to want us to coddle those who wish to remain "unreasonable beasts" in this area.

nonbobblehead wrote:
Obviously not by "logical conclusions, or freethinkers with their Darwin-ubiquity, would oppose abortion and homosexuality far more intensely than do some religious camps. But they all bobblehead in unison on every subject.

you have yet to show why freethinkers would do so. we are under no obligation to "obey" evolution. it is not a creed. it is a process. our logic leads us to realize there is no harm done by homosexuality, but more harm is done by making homosexuals socially inferior. just as we once did in regards to race. by your logic, we should support racism as well.

Rill

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
IzzyPop

IzzyPop wrote:

nonbobblehead wrote:

Gotta love the recruitment 'theory'. I have a quick question. If the homosexuals are 'recruiting' for their lifestyle, why am I not gay? My parents both were. If it were indoctrination, I would have been the perfect subject. They could have molded my mind however they wanted to. I remember the sex talk my mom had with me and I don't recall ever discussing rectums or throats...straight porn taught me that. (Thank you, Internet!)

And yet, with all the years of seeing woman kiss other women, men hold hands with other men, and PEOPLE expressing love in both simple and profound ways, I find myself attracted to the opposite sex. Enough to get married and have a child. And when my child is old enough, she can love whomever she wants and I'll be okay with it. Love is love.

To quote Dennis Miller "I don't care if you need a platypus to get off, just don't come to my house asking to borrow my platypus."

Sorry man ( if that is not a hateful label),

But if you do not want to research and learn, than live in your world without requiring others to live by your morality. In other words it is OK to oppose homosexuality and those that want it normalized as a behavior.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Juvenile Narcissist, Your

Juvenile Narcissist,

Your nickname couldn't be any more accurate to the way I see this subject.

You go on and on and it boils down to an ignorance of graet porportions:

Quote:
you have yet to show why freethinkers would do so. we are under no obligation to "obey" evolution.

Because "they" demand that all of society follow the dictates of evolutionary politics. Ever gone to school?

Quote:
It is not a creed. it is a process.

You would be hard pressed to prove that. Try to teach any other knind of morality than "anything goes" in our public schools (where we are educated) and you'll get Darwinian absolutism that makes religion pale in comparison. Evolution is now the religion of the non-godian political and social movement.

[quote} Our logic leads us to realize there is no harm done by homosexuality

That is so patently false as to be impossible to believe anyone but a seventh grader wrote what you did. I don't want to know your age! Our medical profession has shown how imprpoper and how literally dangerous oral and anal sex is. Ever heard the term: Sexually Transmitted Disease? Ever heard of AIDS? The rectum is indeed in harms in a sexual - albiet a misguided - encounter.

Quote:
But more harm is done by making homosexuals socially inferior.

Homosexuality IS an inferior form of sexual behavior. Again, anatomy, physiology, biology and evolution proves that. Why would defy logic for a minority of misguided human beings to feel their unacceptable behavior is acceptable?

Quote:
Just as we once did in regards to race. by your logic, we should support racism as well.

Science has proven that all humans are of the same race. Science has proven that sexual intercourse is a man and woman. Please refer to both anatomy and physiology.

Homophobia? No such thing. That word is a neologism made up by a political movement. Opposition to homosexuality (also a neologism) is just a natural response to a dangerous element within any species.

Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dear bobblehead,Forgive me,

Dear nonbobblehead,

Forgive me, I have only skimmed most of the responses on this topic so you may lobby the appropiate charges against me if my assumption is incorrect.

Have you ever had an extensive dialouge with a homosexual? Debated? Asked questions? Explored with whatever level of empathy you have the discrimination faced by them?

I'm just not sure where your opinion comes from in regards to actual experience. Have you ever had homosexual thoughts?(forgive me for being so bold and explicit with this question)

If not and you'd like to, I'm more than willing to share.
Thank you

I suck at signatures.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Cassiopeia wrote: Dear

Cassiopeia wrote:
Dear nonbobblehead,

Forgive me, I have only skimmed most of the responses on this topic so you may lobby the appropiate charges against me if my assumption is incorrect.

Have you ever had an extensive dialouge with a homosexual? Debated? Asked questions? Explored with whatever level of empathy you have the discrimination faced by them?

I'm just not sure where your opinion comes from in regards to actual experience. Have you ever had homosexual thoughts?(forgive me for being so bold and explicit with this question)

If not and you'd like to, I'm more than willing to share.
Thank you

Experince around gays and lesbians and transgendered and and Bi's? More than you would ever believe. I don't really recall much homoerotic ideation though. Just a bit of kink when I was running around without morals.

I know the gay community very well. I had to run for my life on several occasions from unscrupulous gay men. Be that as it may, there are lots of bad people in this world. But the gay culture and community promotes and encourages debauchery. Remember the gay-movement came about from a bar that supported youth prostitution at a NY gay bar.

I have very, very, close friends who are homosexuals and they do not disagree. It is of course only when they got older that the truth was admitted to. I am after all from a Bay Area enclave that flies the rainbow flag.

My views now are those of logic and reason to oppose the teaching of homosexuality to our youth in schools. I couldn't care less how an individual adult wants to live their life, but in regards to the GLBT culture and community, it is taking no prisoners. You either accept their position or you get attacked in many ways.

I will now take a stand.

For example "Lesbiansim." A woman pederast named Sappho that had sexual feelings (or interactions) with her female students is now what we call women homosexuals by. I find that cause for concern.

"Gay?" "Homosexuality?" The behavior used to be called "pederasty." I find that cause for concern. History, experience and empiricism, and not ignorance or emotionalism guide my views "now."

Ask me any question you would like.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
From the orignal post:"i

From the orignal post:

"i really hope this is in the right place but i shall go ahead for now.

so my question is since you guys and girls keeps aying the old testament rules dont count anymore since jesus sacrficed himself. why is homosexuality seen as wrong?"

So who is saying this? Ceratinly not the writers of the NEW Testament. From Matthew to Jude, the New Testament denounces what we today call "homosexuality."

Why did the original question have to posed as a Christian versus Gay issue anyway?

The Apostles (and Jesus), lived in times where people did many kinds of sexually inappropriate things. They wrote about some of the things they saw as incompatible with a "Christian" life IN the New Testament.

So the question should be is the Gay community (GLBT) and its culture opposing Christians?

\\\

And Cassopiea,

What discrimination? Last time I looked gays and lesbians were all over the place. From The Vew to Disney Cartoon movies to famous Knighted musicians.

Now, marriage is that it? Marriage has always been a man and a woman. The intolerance on this is coming from the GLBT community. Last time I checked the news.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
I did reply to this a few

I did reply to this a few days ago but it appears to have gone missing

nonbobblehead wrote:

Why was racism approved of in the past? Why was the subjugation of women approved of? Your argument is simply appeal to tradition here. If I wanted I would write about the ancient Greeks who were not against homosexuality but that again would be appeal to tradition. My own arguments will be below.

nonbobblehead wrote:

Why are we trying to use "progressive" thought, and going backwards in our societal norms? Why not use our immense knowledge of the human body and teach that rectums and throats have nothing to do with sexuality in any provable way? That is using the scientific appraoch to ward off a mob attack by a group of Sodom-like rabble on those that disapprove of advertising and promoting female and male homosexuality.

Let me ask you a personal question. Do you masturbate? No, seriously it's an important question. If yes then why are hands ok but not rectums or throats? If no, do you deny the scientific evidence that regular ejaculation is important in preventing testicular cancer and violent mood swings due to too much testosterone? 

nonbobblehead wrote:

That homosexuality is repugnant to so many people in "todays" world, shows that "it" lost favor for a reason. I oppose the behavior because it shows a lack of thinking in the proponent and promter of the act itself and shows that something is wrong with the individual choosing to pursue a provably empty form of sexuality.

Prove it's empty! Gay couples can be just as in love with each other as straight couples, their relationships mean just as much to them as straight couples. How then is it empty? I have gay and lesbian friends in loving caring relationships. There are empty gay relationships, there are also empty heterosexual relationships. Prove it's empty!

nonbobblehead wrote:

Again, I agree with most religionists on the whole recruitment and deception involved in the spread of homosexual educational information. I always thought that humans were capable of reasoning out problems. But it appears that emotionalism trumps physiology and biology and nature when it comes to human humping.

But the recruitment and deception of religion is okay? Again this is just conspiracy theory. "Oh the evil satanic gays are out to turn people from heterosexuality!" Haha! This couldn't be further from the truth. People and animals have been homosexual for millions of years. Hell there were probably homosexual dinosaurs. Homosexuality is natural, it cannot be helped either in many cases. I go out on Canal Street (the Manchester gay district) a fair bit, but it doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to be gay, that I'll be raped or I'll be turned suddenly from a straight bloke into a gay bloke, that they'll recruit me for their evil satanic rituals! What liberal values are about is allowing people to be who they want to be, not only this but to be who they really are!

How does homosexuality harm anyone? If an act of homosexual sex is conducted safely between two consenting adults then who does it harm? Society? What right do others have to control people's sex lives? You wouldn't want somebody telling you you must only do missionary and making sure that you do! That would be against your liberties. Both partners in a homosexual act will get a lot of pleasure (apparantly getting done in the bum'ole is very nice, I've never done it myself, but there is a male g-spot near the prostate gland, stick a pencil up there yourself and have a see, go on I dare you), both partners will, in a relationship be putting emotion into the act as heterosexual couples do.

You may then bring up the argument that sex is just for procreation? Well then, do you never use a condom? The result of the last Pope telling people in Africa not to use condoms was the spread of of HIV/AIDS. Well now that does harm people. Also sex is pleasurable, and more sex does not lead to infertility in men or women, also with more practice it can become more enjoyable.

As for your point on physiology, it proves nothing. Yes homosexuality, oral sex, masturbation (?) might be considered to be not the purpose of our sexual organs that evolution "intended" (intended is so not the right word) but they make people happy, they give people enjoyment both meaningless and meaningful not do they jeopardise procreation in the long run. Indeed too much procreation leads to overpopulation. The biblical laws on homosexuality were written at a time when population was important, and infant mortality was much higher, they couldn't afford to have men and men in relationships, they needed men to be fathers and women to be mothers so they could have a bigger population to fight wars.

How does homosexuality harm anyone? You might say it harms the men in the eyes of God. Why should it make God mad if they commit the act? That is if there is a God at all!

IzzyPop
IzzyPop's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead wrote:

nonbobblehead wrote:
Sorry man ( if that is not a hateful label),

Not hateful at all.

nonbobblehead wrote:

But if you do not want to research and learn, than live in your world without requiring others to live by your morality.

Show me where I am forcing my morality on others.  As a matter of fact, I am opposing your doing that.  Projecting much?

nonbobblehead wrote:
In other words it is OK to oppose homosexuality and those that want it normalized as a behavior.

Is it okay to oppose people due to skin color?  People have about as much choice in that as they do their sexual preference.  It is not a learned behavior...period.  You can continue to spout your bigotted crap, and I will continue to point out that you are uninformed and full of shit.

"When you hit your thumb with a hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a special kind of atheist to jump up and down shout, 'Oh, random fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!'"-Terry Pratchett

IzzyPop
IzzyPop's picture
User is offlineOffline
nonbobblehead wrote: . Now,

nonbobblehead wrote:
. Now, marriage is that it? Marriage has always been a man and a woman. The intolerance on this is coming from the GLBT community. Last time I checked the news.

You watch too much Faux News then.  The whole marriage thing is about the rights that are confered to the spouses when the liscense is signed, not the 'sanctity of marriage'.  Does the fact that I married my wife on the beach without a minister or priest invalidate my marriage?  No.  We got married for legal reasons, not religious ones. 

How is asking to have the same rights as everyone else intolerant?

Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia's picture
User is offlineOffline
And Cassopiea,What

And Cassopiea, What discrimination? Last time I looked gays and lesbians were all over the place. From The Vew to Disney Cartoon movies to famous Knighted musicians. Now, marriage is that it? Marriage has always been a man and a woman. The intolerance on this is coming from the GLBT community. Last time I checked the news.  A famous case would be Mathew Shepard, And the Phelps family(westboro church) Not to mention bible itself. To answer your invite of questions, Do you deny evidence proving people are born gay? Or should they be able to just pray the gay away?(light hearted tone implied here)

I suck at signatures.

Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia's picture
User is offlineOffline
For some reason my last post

For some reason my last post appears to me very long but blank. The post box just stretches down my screen. I hope my reply to nonbobblehead is availiable.

I suck at signatures.

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline
Juvenile Narcissist

ah, okay *wink* i was getting worried about you there.

Smiling it's alright, if you worry, do let me know... i forgot who said it, but they said that someone stood up for her rights once, so she will do the same for another and I feel the same way.

Not only that, I really hate it when xtian liars equate sex with love. It really gets on my nerves. It suggests that they don't know what the difference is at all and it ends up making everything shallow. They just won't stop bringing sex up when this is really about two people who love each other and want to get united (or married) and preserve their rights as human beings.

Sex is such a ridiculously tiny variable compared to the love folks share. I can't believe they still bring it up everytime. Theists talk about sex more than regular (rational) people do. And the truth is, I don't want to hear about what is in their heads any more than I want to hear about my younger cousin having sex (I just want to know that they using condoms. That is plenty of information for me and it shows they are being responsible. Have a great time!) or my own parents having sex.

I mean, I'm not thinking about any of those things nonbobblehead accuses people of and of the things he talks about. And, I don't understand the xtianity obsession with sex in general or why they are obsessed about other people's sex lives.

This is about people's rights.  I want nonboblehead to remember that.

Free Thinking
Free Thinking's picture
User is offlineOffline

nonboblehead, didn't I ask you to stop lying and sentence you to a lifetime of education? like of and education of everything else but the bible?

Yahoo News

Mon May 21, 12:03 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - A pair of gay flamingos have adopted an abandoned chick, becoming parents after being together for six years, a British conservation organisation said Monday.

Carlos and Fernando had been desperate to start a family, even chasing other flamingos from their nests to take over their eggs at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) in Slimbridge near Bristol.

But their egg-sitting prowess made them the top choice for taking an unhatched egg under their wings when one of the Greater Flamingo nests was abandoned.

The couple, together for six years, can feed chicks by producing milk in their throats.

"Fernando and Carlos are a same sex couple who have been known to steal other flamingos' eggs by chasing them off their nest because they wanted to rear them themselves," said WWT spokeswoman Jane Waghorn.

"They were rather good at sitting on eggs and hatching them so last week, when a nest was abandoned, it seemed like a good idea to make them surrogate parents."

Gay flamingos are not uncommon, she added.

"If there aren't enough females or they don't hit it off with them, they will pair off with other males," she said.

Flamingos bask in the sun at La Aurora zoo in Guatemala. A pair of gay flamingos have adopted an abandoned chick, becoming parents after being together for six years.(AFP/File/Orlando Sierra) Proof it's just about pair-bonding and bringing up the young ones and not about sex. It's wonderful. Or how about this for proof? abc news

Cheney's Daughter Gives Birth to Son

Vice President's Lesbian Daughter Welcomes Samuel David Cheney

Cheney babyVice President Dick Cheney and his wife, Lynne Cheney, welcomed their sixth grandchild, Samuel David Cheney, Wednesday, May 23, 2007. He weighed 8 lbs., 6 oz and was born at 9:46 a.m. at Sibley Hospital in Washington, D.C. His parents are the Cheneys' daughter Mary, and her partner, Heather Poe. (David Bohrer/White House Photo)

Pairbonding (companionship and love) and rearing kids (supporting each other for monumental task at hand)... and the right to do so... gay people deserve those rights just as much as anyone else does.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Free Thinking wrote:

Free Thinking wrote:

nonboblehead, didn't I ask you to stop lying and sentence you to a lifetime of education? like of and education of everything else but the bible?

Yahoo News

Mon May 21, 12:03 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - A pair of gay flamingos have adopted an abandoned chick, becoming parents after being together for six years, a British conservation organisation said Monday.

Carlos and Fernando had been desperate to start a family, even chasing other flamingos from their nests to take over their eggs at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) in Slimbridge near Bristol.

But their egg-sitting prowess made them the top choice for taking an unhatched egg under their wings when one of the Greater Flamingo nests was abandoned.

The couple, together for six years, can feed chicks by producing milk in their throats.

"Fernando and Carlos are a same sex couple who have been known to steal other flamingos' eggs by chasing them off their nest because they wanted to rear them themselves," said WWT spokeswoman Jane Waghorn.

"They were rather good at sitting on eggs and hatching them so last week, when a nest was abandoned, it seemed like a good idea to make them surrogate parents."

Gay flamingos are not uncommon, she added.

"If there aren't enough females or they don't hit it off with them, they will pair off with other males," she said.

Flamingos bask in the sun at La Aurora zoo in Guatemala. A pair of gay flamingos have adopted an abandoned chick, becoming parents after being together for six years.(AFP/File/Orlando Sierra)Proof it's just about pair-bonding and bringing up the young ones and not about sex. It's wonderful.Or how about this for proof?abc news

Cheney's Daughter Gives Birth to Son

Vice President's Lesbian Daughter Welcomes Samuel David Cheney

Cheney babyVice President Dick Cheney and his wife, Lynne Cheney, welcomed their sixth grandchild, Samuel David Cheney, Wednesday, May 23, 2007. He weighed 8 lbs., 6 oz and was born at 9:46 a.m. at Sibley Hospital in Washington, D.C. His parents are the Cheneys' daughter Mary, and her partner, Heather Poe. (David Bohrer/White House Photo)

Pairbonding (companionship and love) and rearing kids (supporting each other for monumental task at hand)... and the right to do so... gay people deserve those rights just as much as anyone else does.

First off, it's funny that to a lib/progressive/atheist/freethinker Cheney is a great guy for loving his daughter "no matter what" and he's a bastard for loving his country the same way.

I shuttered when I read that the homosexual flamingos were always looking to steal someone else's offspring. Sort of reinforces why homosexuals have been outcast from civilization after civilization after civilization. Pederasty anyone?

Now did you notice that both Cheney and the gay birds needed "normal" means to acquire offsrping? Well, in the case of Cheney it looks as if she went a bit to un-natural means to acquire the sperm though. But a malle was there in the creation process none the less. Which of course is in keeping with the whole normality versus deviant behavior thing.

Children look for a mother and a father when growing up. That is "natuaal" to our species. Notice that Cheney violated this natural fact. How selfish homosexuality must make a person to go against their very nature just to make themselves feel good.

nonbobblehead
Theist
User is offlineOffline
  J-Nar: Quote: Not only

J-Nar:

Quote:
Not only that, I really hate it when xtian liars equate sex with love. It really gets on my nerves.

Sex with love seperates us from unreasoning animlas. But please note that animal sex is for offspring exclusively. I'll await the Bonobo analogy with eager anticipation.

J-N:

Quote:
It suggests that they don't know what the difference is at all and it ends up making everything shallow.['quote]

Ever been to a gay bar? A bath house scenne? It appears a very, very large segment of the GLBT community doesn't see things your way.

Quote:
They just won't stop bringing sex up when this is really about two people who love each other and want to get united (or married) and preserve their rights as human beings.

Two people or sixty to five-hundred? Promiscuity deefines the GLBT community, as you prove in just moments. 

J-N:

Quote:
Sex is such a ridiculously tiny variable compared to the love folks share. I can't believe they still bring it up everytime. Theists talk about sex more than regular (rational) people do.

You may be offering your greatest departure from your own ideas of truth on that statment. Sexual orientation is 100% about the sex act. Expand what the G and L and B and the T actually mean in the GLBT nomenclature. Sorry pal, it is all about the sex act. Christians are just agreeing with the declaration.

J-N:

Quote:
And the truth is, I don't want to hear about what is in their heads any more than I want to hear about my younger cousin having sex (I just want to know that they using condoms. That is plenty of information for me and it shows they are being responsible. Have a great time!) or my own parents having sex.

Quoth the Raven: Promiscuity. 

Quote:
I mean, I'm not thinking about any of those things nonbobblehead accuses people of and of the things he talks about. And, I don't understand the xtianity obsession with sex in general or why they are obsessed about other people's sex lives.

And how many people have died and are dying from STD's? Even with your trumpeting the wonderfulness of promiscuous safe sex?

J-N:

Quote:
This is about people's rights.  I want nonboblehead to remember that.

And the First Amendment to the Constitution protects Christians from being targeted as committing hate crimes for believing that homosexuality is a depraved sex act.

Remember that.