Absolute proof that God exists

Leuthesius
agnostic deistTheist
User is offlineOffline
Absolute proof that God exists

First, there was nothing....

Then... there was Calvin.

j/k

God exists for one reason only. Man made him up so that he could explain things that were unexplainable. Man made him up because he was lonely.

If the universe just suddenly blipped into existence from nothing, and that included mankind, then who created God? Simple: Man.

If man did not exist, then neither would God. If the world was nothing but little fluffy bunnies and pygmy elephants, God would not exist, because animals don't need God because they don't have to worry about anything but eating, sleeping shitting, and running from predators.

For me: God exists because for some stupid reason that I might get over eventually, I need God. Mostly just so I can blame shit on him that goes sour in my life. I'm sure he laughs at me every day.

For an Atheist: God does not exist because either A) he is not necessary for the every day goings ons, or B) he has never made it clear that he exists. Either by not showing himself as something like a burning bush or a talking bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken (only rotissery though). 

For a Christian/Islam Fundie: God exists because my mommy, preacher, church, etc told me he does. Fuck what I think, I'm just a stupid brainless sheep.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

Sorry--the thread title is a misnomer. I just felt like throwing this out there. 

- Mr. Atheist says, "Find faith in truth, not truth in faith"
- Leuthesius the Theist says, "I agree."
- Leuthesius the Theist also says, "A blind follower of a religion might as well be a blind follower of nothing."

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Precisely. Have you studied

Precisely. Have you studied the philosophy of Feurbach? He was a brilliant writer, and his studies in sociology and philosophy came down to two points.

MAN MAKES GOD IN THE IMAGE OF HOW HE WISHES TO BE

MAN MAKES GOD FOR THAT HE WISHES IT WAS TRUE 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Leuthesius
agnostic deistTheist
User is offlineOffline
Nah. I am by no means a

Nah. I am by no means a scholar.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
You most certianly hardly

You most certianly hardly need be a scholar to read the great works of Feuerbach! He has, of course, a cult following among philosophy buffs (something he cannot enjoy seeing as he has been dead for one hundred years) of course, but his work The Essence of Christianity is recommended reading for all. Now, I understand that you reject that classic (and ridiculous) Abrahamic, anthropomorphic notion of God, but you will still find him interesting.  This is what he said

1) Every attribute of God is merely a projection of man's baser wishes that he aspires to be

2) He was the first to develop the "crutch theory", that people take comfort in the notion of an alpha male in the sky watching them

which is essentially what I already said in the previous post 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Leuthesius wrote: For a

Leuthesius wrote:

For a Christian/Islam Fundie: God exists because my mommy, preacher, church, etc told me he does. Fuck what I think, I'm just a stupid brainless sheep.

thats not fair. i have thought long and hard about religion and come to the conclusion that there is a god, he is jesus and i cant spell!

just because you dont believe in something, doesn't mean it's not there.

Ig
User is offlineOffline
What led you to this

What led you to this conclusion?

I'll tell you what led me to the conclusion that god existed. We were created.

When I found out we werent, my previous conclusion didnt have a leg to stand on. Slowly after that, I became an atheist.

rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
User is offlineOffline
dark_stumpy

dark_stumpy wrote:
Leuthesius wrote:

thats not fair. i have thought long and hard about religion and come to the conclusion that there is a god, he is jesus and i cant spell!

Really. How did you rule out Hinduism? Buddism? Islam? Pastaferianism? Sikhism? Juche? Baha'i? Jainism? Shinto? Scientology? Cao Dai? Zoroastrianism? Tenrikyo?

Do you know anything about any of them? Did you consider them all, and rule out each one? Or did you just pick the one that was safe and close?

It's only the fairy tales they believe.

Leuthesius
agnostic deistTheist
User is offlineOffline
Personally, I follow the

Personally, I follow the "when in Rome" ideal. I pray at Buddha statues, I pray to my Japanese ancestors (by marriage, mind you), and whatnot. I just don't pray to a guy that died 2000 years ago who has absolutely no link to me aside from what Christianity believes of a link.  

- Mr. Atheist says, "Find faith in truth, not truth in faith"
- Leuthesius the Theist says, "I agree."
- Leuthesius the Theist also says, "A blind follower of a religion might as well be a blind follower of nothing."