i got the answers you all seek.

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
i got the answers you all seek.

hail all!

im dark_stumpy, and i can answer any and all questions you people need to ask about christianity.

u post your questions here, i can answer them. how u ask? because i have god on my side, dumbass!

my faith, as dodgy as this sounds, will keep me strong against your clearly endless questions.

i cannot, and will not claim to be perfect. i am only human.

i can even prove that god exists. using the simple logic that some people use in a ever failing attempt to disprove his existence.

i will compose another topic, which proves clearly and without question, that he exists.

just wait. his time will come. you will see.

i have no fear of any of you. your numbers have no effect on me.

BRING

IT

ON!

just because you dont believe in something, doesn't mean it's not there.

god is awesome

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is for Dark Stumpy. I

This is for Dark Stumpy. I actually don't have time to go through all your arguments because I'm tired. I have to say the only one I agree with is that people shouldn't patronise those who can't spell. I'm dyslexic so I sympathise. I'll embark on a massive crusade against your arguments next week when essay season is over. I'll be gentle seeing as you're only a year older than my little brother - actually he's 15 too now but in Year 10.

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
dark_stumpy, I must say

dark_stumpy, I must say that you have passed my stress test. Nice going. And apologies for taking so long to respond.

Now let's get to answering.

Quote:
now, a probably very large paragragh for mr/master/sir/mrs/miss/ms Rigor_OMortis (i have very little information about you, and thus do not know which title fits appropreatly). you said 'Due to the fact that an average human makes one decision per minimal timespan, that makes a huge ammount of decisions per day. Multiply this by 6 billion and we're referring only to humans. Also add all living creatures and you get a number of decisions that's too big to think about.' u seem to be forgeting (or ignoring) the fact that the number is too big for the human mind, in the same way thinking of the universe going on forever, or of a time before time, is. for a god, or more accuratly THE god, the 'mind' will be far greater, and be able to cope with infinatly more than the human mind. if that is unclear as i think it may be, i will re-write it in another comment. u also said 'Applying reverse logic to this, it comes to the conclusion that, since the probability of taking all those decisions according to a pre-defined pattern is practically ignorable, the entity called a human cannot take different decisions.' u are forgetting the subtle difference between 'cannot', and 'will not'.

OK, background info first: I'm male.

Next: I once tried to calculate the number of decision points that have to be made during one single day. I started to multiply and add, and after I got an approximate number ending with E32 (10 raised at the power 32), I simply didn't go further.

You are basing your assumption (which is practically only an assumption) that 1000.....000 (32 zeros) decisions are being taken completely according to God's knowledge by coincidence? By "will not" and not by "cannot" ? I find that quite hard to believe. Actually, I'd rather believe that Yahweh exists than that. The statistical odds are a lot higher for Yahweh than for this.

Quote:
i did not think i would have to go back over the same jesus argument twice, but apparently i didn't go into enough detail last time. jesus did good things. this is not exactly debatable. he healed, raised others from the dead, he died so our sins could be forgiven when we truely desire them to be. but the reason he didn't introduce things like medicine, sanitation mechanisms etc. is because these are not miricles. it is not a miricle for me to get in a car and drive down the road. being able to drive without being taught how to would be a miricle, but not one worth testing out, as i doubt anyone would belive me if i said it happened, or blame random chance etc. the miricles were to show his divine connections. we know jesus actually was fighting satan, because, (if you're going to assume the existence of satan, u must logicaly need to asume the existence of god), jesus was prophesied by many people in the old testiment, right down to the roman guards gambling for his clothes. now, why would god alow 2 people forfilling the same prophesy? he would not site idley by, and watch another forfill the messiah's place. he would at least have caught fire during the many prayers to god he made.

That question as "why would God allow more people to fulfill the same prophecy?" is actually the downfall of your entire argument. Because if we are to take old prophecies into account, it means that Jesus, Muhammad, that guy from the Mormons (can't remember his name), Jim Jones, Confucius, Siddharta, Olmec, etc. were all "messiahs"...

I don't expect you to understand, but perhaps you will, with one small example: Let us presume that you are the commanding officer of a commando unit sent to elliminate... something... no matter what. Let's say an alien base (excuse the fantasy). Things go awfully wrong, and you, as the commander, have to make a choice: you can all stay there and fight to your deaths, or you can sacrifice one of your men, leaving him behind to manually detonate an A-bomb. Which one will it be? To me, it would obviously be the second choice. Applying the analogy to the situation of Jesus, as described in my original response, I can see a resemblance: Jesus, being the Son of Satan, sacrificed certain opportunities of doing bad things and did good things instead. But through that, he lured billions of people into believing in the Bible, which is actually the word of Satan. Sacrifice a little, but have a far greater reward.

This style of deception would take quite a sharp intelligence (and throughout the OT Satan has proven that he doesn't lack it). I wonder from what age the comprehension of such deception can become possible.

Quote:
what do you mean 'where were the disaster's that took place at jesus's death recorded?'?!?! where was julius caesar's existence recorded? where was democritus's life recorded? pythagoras? i could continue, but i think u get the idea. to answer your question, there is no 1 place they were recorded. there are many different romans telling the same story.

It may be simply me, but I think there were quite some historians throughout the ages. We have their writings (many of them were contemporary to the events recorded), we have the writings of the persons themselves (Machiavelli stands out as a great example), etc. What do we have on Jesus? A collection of spooky books that might just have been a fairy-tale.

Muhammad, from this perspective, or Confucius, or Siddharta, are far better than Jesus... as their historical existence is not doubted by nobody. They left teachings and manuscripts of their own (well, some of them weren't exactly moral or modern, but at least they exist). Jesus, however, is a mystery. He didn't leave any trace of his existence. No writing, no histrical records, no nothing.

You say romans telling the same story. Name some of them. But before you do that, PLEASE take a look at Rook Hawkins' essays, just to save some of our time.

Quote:
u are misinterpreting what i am saying. the reason that the gospels were written to specific targets, was to attract the audience to jesus, then to read the other gospels to learn all about him. and the wize men arrived at bethlehem also. a census is not a quick thing, you do over night. well, not in those days.

I frankly can't believe you are serious while saying this, but I'll go on to respond at the end.

Quote:
and i looked at the skeptic's annotated bible. it was ridiculous. i looked at the 'absurd' part. on of it's points was 'the finger of god'. another was solely about the fact god has feet! shock-horror! almost everything else was just misinterpretation as far as i could see, but i will check again.

Though I myself admit that not all of the SAB is of worth, I'm going to give you a challenge to show the correct interpretation of the Bible. Pick one part of it and interpret it for me. And once you do that, give me the proof that your interpretation is correct.

Quote:
moses and the isralites, again, were not to arrive at caanan was because they needed to be punished. the whole calf thing. very annoying for god. they knew they were to only worship god, because he made them promise to do so, before he sent moses up the mountain. when they all worshipped a peice of metal, claiming it brought them out of egypt, they needed to be punished. this was before the days of the 'you repent, i forgive' agreement, and thus even those that repented still needed punishment. this is why they were to march around the dessert for 40 years. though i cant for the life of me find those 'firey serpents' you spoke of. could you give me a bible reference for that?

So God magically transported them to a desert that's about 10,000 times bigger than the desert between Egypt and Canaan, so that they would have a good reason to wander around for 40 years, is that what you're saying?

Because if you're talking about the same desert as we have here on Earth, I'd have to say you must be blithering stupid to wander around for 40 years in an area that one could easily go through in two weeks tops. And perhaps Moses was that blithering stupid, but were the other Israeli people the same? Are you willing to back up your statement with something that doesn't require a lobotomy to understand?

Quote:
miricles. 1 persons miricle is anothers every day occurence. that doesnt make it any less a miricle. eg. if a person were to recover from a serious disease in, say, africa, it would be a miricle, yet in england, if someone were to recover from the same illness, it would be a more regular occurence. it doesnt mean that the african case isn't a miricle. it's just different for different people.

OK, then I would ask you where is the line that separates paramedics from which-doctors?

I'm sorry, but this part of the argument only supports the fact that certain people don't understand certain things. Using this to prove your god would be equivalent to using dynamite to patch your stove.

Quote:
and who says there arn't faked miricle tapes? there arn't any mainstream ones, due to the fact THEY WERE PROVED FAKE!! y stare in awe at a screen, when it has been proven false?

You don't realize it, but I'm saying the same thing as you are here.

Quote:
and any miricles caught on tape are acused by athiests of being fake, and generally wont change their minds. even if they see the tape being examined themselves. they hold this judgement that the tape is faked, but is faked in a way that makes it hard to prove faked.

Could you give me an example of situation in which this happened?

Quote:
so it wouldn't help you if you saw a tape of a miricle. now, WHICH is the real religion, u just need to look at the prophets ur talking about. now i dont know much about many of the other religions u mentioned, but i think its a safe bet to go with the prophet who actually defeted death. ie, jesus. the one guy i know of to die for 3 days, come back to life, then NOT DIE AGAIN AFTERWARDS! he's the one living ancient prophet!

I took ten minutes straight to laugh at this part of the argument. DUDE ! Wake up and smell the coffee! ALMOST ALL THE "PROPHETS" SUPPOSEDLY DID THAT. Do you think that Jesus is a unique character?

You THINK you have the answers we all seek, because you DON'T KNOW much about them. Atheists aren't arguing theists because they're stupid, but because they have a reason to do that. If you're ignorant on a topic, that doesn't mean that you are right.

Quote:
ok, 3 left for ur large coment. that electrical impulse u mentioned. what sets it off? the soul is not just the cause, it's also the essence of who u are. lets face it, ur brain is simply a mixture of ur parents, but YOU arn't. the bit that makes you YOU is something compleatly different. otherwise, u, and ur siblings would be, essentially, the same person. the soul does not rely on mortal parts to suvive, it relys on them to stay in this universe. i apologise if my argument is a little thin at the moment. i am a little tired, so i will return to this subject tomorrrow at a suitable point

This is again an argument out of ignorance. I'll take it down piece by piece:

- brain electrical impulses are set off by stimuli. That may include light, chemicals, thermical energy, sound waves, etc. (all the "senses" that we have). Nothing miraculous here

- about the brain being a mixture of parents: deludedgod had an essay on this that can easily be considered a chapter of a whole book. I am not going to repeat it here, just for you

- if you take two identical people, with identical brains/memories/genetic code/attributes, etc. (in other words, perfect clones) and place them in different places, after one hour only you will not have two identical persons anymore. This has also been dealt with before, so read before you post

Your argument isn't thin. It's inexistent right now. Do clarify, if needed.

Quote:
i'll rephrase the sentence for you. 'god sacrificed himself to satan, so that his creation ie. the universe could survive his wrath, and so that the universe could also become close to him later through the coming of himself, and he will one day return to pass judgement on the universe.' howzat?

GREAT ! That's absolutely great. You're dismissing your own argument! Thank you for your help.

Couldn't your god just say "Let there be forgiveness for sins", just as he said "let there be light", instead of going through all that painstaking process? I had the impression that your god was omnipotent... the way you just rephrased makes me think he isn't.

Quote:
and the words could not just be placed in the apostles heads. the sin still needed punishing for, so he went down himself, sinless, and payed the price of all the sins, past present and future.

Why did he have to do that? If he's omnipotent, he can do whatever he wishes, that including just pasting the words in the apostles' heads. And to whom did he have to pay the price for? Satan? Why Satan? Is Satan at least as powerful as your god? If Satan is more powerful than God, then why we are bowing down to God, and not Satan, is beyond me. If Satan is just as powerful as God, then what makes the difference between them? If Satan is less powerful than God, then why the heck would God need to "pay the price" for?

Quote:
and my best is just fine thank you very much! it's better than 1/2 the other peoples on this website.

Yeah... that's what you think! It's just fine if we are to simply forget all about history, biology, philosophy, physics and logics. But we can't, you know. The physics law of gravity applies to us all, regardless of how deep we believe in a sky-daddy.

I must admit that compared to... hmm... some people, you scored a lot higher, but you've got a lot to learn.

Quote:
and ur final problem is piss easy. ismail, in my opinion, will go to heaven. the christian god is a forgiving god, and he is likely to forgive those who have not had a true chance to learn about him. since the only chance he's had is while being arse-raped by the worst examples of christianity around, god'll forgive and let him into the biggest party ever. (heaven)

Well, let me tell you something. I consider myself a good person. I didn't kill anyone, I didn't steal (willingly, as I did take one guy's bag by mistake once, it looked just like mine, but I did take it back to him when I realized the mistake), I am trying my best to help people, etc. etc. etc.

If I had never heard of God before, if I die right now I'd go to Heaven, according to your argument.

Now you're coming on this site and telling us about God. Us, having no means to actually verify that fact, look at you skeptically, knowing that there are many other religions. We don't want to bow down to a false God, do we? But since your arguments are NO WAY different from what the other religions hold, we have absolutely no way of concluding that your God is actually the right one. But since we were introduced to him because of you, then we have had a chance to learn about him. So now I cannot go to heaven anymore because you had to tell us of God.

Of course, this is a hypothetical situation, as I have known of God before you came here. But I think the idea is obvious: your god isn't being fair in the example I gave you. Just because I have heard of his religion doesn't mean that I have a good reason to believe it more than any others.

Tell me, as a final question on this matter: Why do you think that your religion is better than the others? what makes you think that your religion is the true one?

Quote:
just one last thing.. ophios, u never told me, what is your religion?

Take just one wild guess... which one could it be ?

The only reason we're doubting your abilities, dark_stumpy (the same reason why Sapient once opened a thread in the mailbox section named "Why don't all problems hit us at 14 when we know everything?&quotEye-wink is... well... I guess the sentence in the brackets told everything.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: just one last

Quote:
just one last thing.. ophios, u never told me, what is your religion?

Sorry for the late responce, but this site wasn't loading.

My answer is none. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

g0at
Bronze Member
g0at's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you are a serious

If you are a serious poster, I'll ask you my question.

Oh , and, you have god on your side right? no worries?

Question:

Could you be truely happy in heaven knowing that countless souls are being torchered in hell? 

-g0at

My dog thinks I am god, and I don't want them knowing better. The cats are unsure, but cats are cats...

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
just a quick apology to all

just a quick apology to all those 'eagerly' awaiting answers to their questions, but i've been on holiday for a while (just a tiny religious festival i was celibrating. u may have heard of it. easter?) but i'll answer your questions when i have the time. i have some really tough electronics coursework due in on thursday, among other things, so i just thought i'd let you all know.

hail jesus and rule brittania!

rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
User is offlineOffline
dark_stumpy wrote: just a

dark_stumpy wrote:
just a quick apology to all those 'eagerly' awaiting answers to their questions, but i've been on holiday for a while

That's Ok. We're used to theists not being able to prove their claims.

dark_stumpy wrote:
(just a tiny religious festival i was celibrating. u may have heard of it. easter?)

You do realize that was over a week ago, right? And, there hasn't been any activity in this thread for 3 weeks. At some point, you may have to admit that you can't answer anyones questions, nor can you prove the existence of a god.

It's only the fairy tales they believe.

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
rexlunae wrote: You do

rexlunae wrote:
You do realize that was over a week ago, right? And, there hasn't been any activity in this thread for 3 weeks.

hey! it may have been a week ago, but i was only able to get my laptop working last night.

rexlunae wrote:
At some point, you may have to admit that you can't answer anyones questions, nor can you prove the existence of a god.
and i'll do both when i have the time. which is not now. the coursework im trying to do is worth 60% of my final grade (for those who arn't good at maths, thats a lot) and i would kinda like to get into a good university in a couple of years, so i can get a good job ( i want to be a forensic scientist if your interested). so i apologise if these questions dont get answered right away.

hail jesus!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
By the way, before you

By the way, before you begin the following does not in any way constitute proof of god:

1. quoting the Bible

2. The Universe and/or life exists.

3. "disproving" evolution (I mean some lame-ass strawman attempt to do so, but even if you really could it still wouldn't prove a god.)

4. Pascals wager, Ontological argument, unmoved mover, etc.

5. Personal feelings

6. urban legends

That list is by no means exclusive.

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster! RaMen!

[edited to make fun of dark_stumpy's quote.]

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
which one was the

which one was the ontological argument again?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The one that's basically a

The one that's basically a language trick rather than a rational argument - where you define God as "that which nothing greater can be thought" and argue that existing is greater than not existing so god exists. Commits so many logical errors it's not funny. Pure sophism. Anything that relies on language tricks is not valid.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, i have no intention of

well, i have no intention of making any language tricks. or any other tricks for that matter. i intend to use as much logic as possible. it's probable that you people have seen them before, but i would like to see your responces to them.

rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
User is offlineOffline
dark_stumpy wrote: well, i

dark_stumpy wrote:
well, i have no intention of making any language tricks. or any other tricks for that matter. i intend to use as much logic as possible. it's probable that you people have seen them before, but i would like to see your responces to them.

If you think it's likely that we have seen the argument which you have been hyping up for so long, why not just read the threads here and see the counters? It seems like that will save all of us time, which apparently is a very limited commodity to you.

Alternatively, why not just at least post the premise of your argument to see if it's worth spending the time fleshing it out? Surely that can be done in less time then you've spent apologizing for the still-abscent proof that you keep promising.

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
because its a mixture of

because its a mixture of three arguments, i wouldn't know where to look in all the various threads, and i would probably like to reply to each counter argument personally.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cobbling together three

Cobbling together three oft-debunked arguments in the hopes of making an original success?

rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: Cobbling

jcgadfly wrote:
Cobbling together three oft-debunked arguments in the hopes of making an original success?

Exactly. And, it's usually better to discuss arguments one at a time anyway.

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
the three arguments fit

the three arguments fit together like a puzzle. i find that 1 without the other 3 has less of an impact.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
And when will it be ready?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: And when

deludedgod wrote:

He lost one of the pieces last time he put the puzzle away. It is one of those funny shaped ones, kind of a corner piece but not really... 

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
when i have the time to

when i have the time to write the whole thing on word, spellcheck it, check it with some idiots at school to make sure anyone can understand it, and at a time i can claim it's r.s revision.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: He lost one of

BGH wrote:
He lost one of the pieces last time he put the puzzle away. It is one of those funny shaped ones, kind of a corner piece but not really...

HAHAHA!  No, first he has to find his hammer so he can force one of the pieces into place...it's the one call logic and it just doesn't seem to fit.   

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
dark_stumpy wrote: when i

dark_stumpy wrote:
when i have the time to write the whole thing on word, spellcheck it, check it with some idiots at school to make sure anyone can understand it, and at a time i can claim it's r.s revision.

So I may or may not see this amazing proof for god before I die?

Hint: you have a couple of decades or so before that happens. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

sugarfree
Theist
User is offlineOffline
dark_stumpy: I am enjoying

dark_stumpy: I am enjoying your energy and humor. You seem wise for your age. I would like to hear your argument, in its entirety, as you see fit to post it.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: HAHAHA! No,

jce wrote:
HAHAHA! No, first he has to find his hammer so he can force one of the pieces into place...it's the one call logic and it just doesn't seem to fit.

Actually the pieces fit just fine in his mind, WE will need the hammer to make them fit... 

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
ok, ok, i have all of

ok, ok, i have all of thursday night free, so i'll get it done and posted then. any problems? dont answer that, i know what you people are like. lol.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I'd be willing to bet this

I'd be willing to bet this "proof" is something we've seen a frazillion times...

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
probably, but as i said, i

probably, but as i said, i would like to see your responces.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just make sure not to make

Just make sure not to make the same mistake that every other argument makes (which you probably will because you stated it is a combination of three pre-existing arguments). This mistake is outlined by my signature quote.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
anychance you can re-write

anychance you can re-write that passage in english?

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
sugarfree

sugarfree wrote:
dark_stumpy: I am enjoying your energy and humor. You seem wise for your age. I would like to hear your argument, in its entirety, as you see fit to post it.

thanks! u rock! and when i post this thing on thursday, feel free to expand on my points as you see fit, sugarfree! stay cool!

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
anychance you can re-write

anychance you can re-write that passage in english?

The God concept as defined by classical theism (or even deism) is not only not proven, but is meaningless. It's proponents have never given any sort of rationality-grounded explanation for nonsense like supernatural vitalism. The concept is designed to be meaningless and unknowable. Therefore, it can never serve as a scientific explanation for anything, or any explanation at all because it terminates the line of questioning. In science, this is not acceptable.

-Me

Books about atheism

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
the worrying part is i

the worrying part is i actually understand that.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
27 responses that did

27 responses that did nothing to expand on the topic. That was fun. > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

dark_stumpy
Theist
dark_stumpy's picture
User is offlineOffline
it is done

it is done

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
His brilliant argument

His brilliant argument consists of not only points that have been debunked here numerous times, but in best-selling books as well. He invokes the "watchmaker" argument, but steers clear of Pascal's Wager.

Yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Here's the argument, he kinda put it in a weird spot:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/6198

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
NarcolepticSun

NarcolepticSun wrote:

Logically concluded - energy is eternal. It cannot be created or destroyed - only transfered. This would mean it neither has a beginning nor and end. If your God existed - it would have been preceeded by energy.

Infinite time regression seems to be logically impossible - and energy - unlike mass - could, theoretically, travel at an infinite speed (since it has no "weight" to bogg it down) - thus rendering it independant of time and thus without needing a beginning.

My personal theory of sub-atomic particles is that they are - literally - charges of energy orbiting/rotating one another at an infinite speed - they generate a polarity offset (giving them gravity and "weight&quotEye-wink - and the more there is - the more this compounds.

Time would then be a measure of a "gradient" versus the sequence of various polarity(ies). True - my words are amature - and this is my personal theory - but I believe it makes logical sense.

No, energy cannot travel at 'infinite speeds'. What is light? A form of energy. How fast does light go? The speed of light!

Your theory of particles? They are actually probability waves and they do not travel at infinite speed as indicated by the particle's linear momentum.

I would personally love to see you prove your theories of particles.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, energy cannot travel at

No, energy cannot travel at 'infinite speeds'. What is light? A form of energy. How fast does light go? The speed of light!

Your theory of particles? They are actually probability waves and they do not travel at infinite speed as indicated by the particle's linear momentum.

I would personally love to see you prove your theories of particles.

This is the very first time I have agreed with a theist instead of an atheist in a scientific matter. The c-limit is set in stone. The only thing which can travel faster than light is the expansion of empty space.  

My personal theory of sub-atomic particles is that they are - literally - charges of energy orbiting/rotating one another at an infinite speed - they generate a polarity offset (giving them gravity and "weight&quotEye-wink - and the more there is - the more this compounds.

The leading TOEs contradict that completely. Matter cannot be interchanged with energy or vice-versa, this is established by E=mc2. Particles do not have weight. Weight is generated by gravitational effect on mass, which is generated by the effect of mass on spatial fabric (put another way, gravity does not pull, space pushes) and when we fire up the LHC at CERN, we will almost certianly discover Higgs Boson and find out why particles have mass, the elusive force that keeps baryonic matter in motion. 

-Me

Books about atheism

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Light speed isn't infinate

Light speed isn't infinate speed, it's a theoretical limit. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there's always the possibility that there are faster phenomena that we haven't observed yet.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Light speed

Vastet wrote:
Light speed isn't infinate speed, it's a theoretical limit. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there's always the possibility that there are faster phenomena that we haven't observed yet.

De-Broglie waves >_>

They have a phase speed faster than c, but not the wave itself.

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is indeed getting

This is indeed getting interesting.

Let me jump in with a situation: Consider that we have two almost perfectly straight and sealed tubes, length of 10 meters, parallel to each other. Each one of them has a LED on one of the ends, so that light waves travel opposite to one another when the LED is switched on. For this question, we are only interested in the propagation of light in the direction of the tube: the parallel propagation considering the walls. So, we have two parallel light waves that do not interact with each other, both travelling opposite direction from one another.

Question: what is the speed of propagation of one light wave, relative to the other?

Let me now jump in with another situation: It is theoretically possible to launch a measuring device with the speed of (c/2)+1 miles per hour. Possibly it cannot be done yet because of lack of necessary technology and power, but you get my point. Considering we launch two such things in parallel, but opposite directions. The speed of each one relative to another should be, calculating, c+2 miles per hour, so greater than c.

Question: what will the measuring devices record? Consider them to be measuring devices that normally record speed, shape, image, etc. of their target, and they are set to record one another.

Now how did we get to this point ? The topic was dark_stumpy answering all our questions.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/