For those who are willing...

gamebuzz
User is offlineOffline
For those who are willing...

...keep reading. 

My name is Steve, and I am a Christian.  I understand that those here are generally not, and I cannot fight you or force you to do anything against your will.  I am simply here to create discussion; if you are willing to discuss issues of theology, your belief, or just your story, I am here and willing to hear it.  Please do not send me hate messages, or angry responses, there is no need.  I am not here for a fight, rather a discussion.  For if we cannot speak civilly, then we are not truly men at all.

~philia~

Steve

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for that

Thank you for that intelligent post. We often get a lot of ad hominid and hate mail around here, and it is really exasperating. As luck would have it, I compiled a essay called the history of God, which may be a good starting point for your discussion. The history of God is a fairly recent thread which you should be able to track down without much difficulty.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Yiab
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, gamebuzz. As a

Welcome, gamebuzz. As a relatively new member here myself I don't have much experience with this group yet, but from what little I have seen you'll likely get primarily respectful responses since you seem like a calm and reasonable person yourself. I look forward to your e-company.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Gamebuzz. Welcome to

Hi Gamebuzz. Welcome to the RRS forums.

Let me suggest that you might want to start off in the Kill 'Em With Kindness threads as the rules there are more stringent about cursing, name-calling, etc.

The Atheist vs Theist threads are pretty much no-holds-barred. Usually, though, if good arguments are presented, it's pretty civil.

Just read the short explanations with each forum thread to see where you feel comfortable. We look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.