Biblical Proof Christianity Can't Last

Symok
Symok's picture
User is offlineOffline
Biblical Proof Christianity Can't Last

Mark 3:25: "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." (KJV)

There are many different sects of Christianity, many of which disagree virtually all tenents of the Christian faith. With so many Christians against eachother, how can it last?

(Cue the "No True Scottsman" arguments) 

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool. I'm going to use this

Cool. I'm going to use this information one day.

razorphreak
Theist
razorphreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Symok wrote: Mark 3:25:

Symok wrote:

Mark 3:25: "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." (KJV)

There are many different sects of Christianity, many of which disagree virtually all tenents of the Christian faith. With so many Christians against eachother, how can it last?

(Cue the "No True Scottsman" arguments)

And you re correct in saying so.  But I think you are confusing organized religious groups vs. the belief in Christ.  "Christanity" is the belief in Jesus Christ, not an organized religion.  Catholism, Baptist, Lutherian, and so on are groups that have splintered off from the whole group because of differences.  The thing is, because all believe in Jesus, the common item, are they truly divided? 

What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason. - Voltaire

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
razor,

razor,

Would you care to comment on this thread, regarding the diversity of christian beliefs (tried emailing you instead, but you're account doesn't allow it).

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/3694

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††