"So you think this is about Jesus?"

Voided
User is offlineOffline

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not bad, I personally might

Not bad, I personally might have expressed it differently, but he's got the gist. It isn't a campaign against the holy, it's a civil rights movement and a coming out party - and I've said as much from the get go.

It's simply time atheists stand up in a manner other minorities already have.

"We're here, we deny dogma and embrace reason, get used to it".

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Yellow_Number_Five

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Not bad, I personally might have expressed it differently, but he's got the gist. It isn't a campaign against the holy, it's a civil rights movement and a coming out party - and I've said as much from the get go.

It's simply time atheists stand up in a manner other minorities already have.

"We're here, we deny dogma and embrace reason, get used to it".

Hal a friggen looooo and YA! AMEN RAMAN NOODLY APENDAGE OF THE FSM!

Yep, yep and yepper and yepist! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like it and I agree.  I

I like it and I agree.  I think that many people who post on this board and participate in other RRS activities (myself included) would probably not bother if the Christian Right had kept their religion in their churches, in their homes and in their minds where it belongs.  After all, who here really cares if some dumbass wants to live his life in error?  As long as he keeps his egregious BS to himself, he can believe whatever he wants and I'm not even going to waste my breath arguing about it.  Time will tell who is right, and so far the history of the world has shown that science, rationality and secular politics wins out every time.

But the guy in the video has it right.  The christcons have taken it political and have an obvious, if never clearly stated, agenda to make christianity a political as well as religious power in the US.  They pose an obvious threat to freedom in education, social policy, law enforcement and even foreign policy.  That's why no atheist these days can afford to stay quiet and try to live and let live.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

hellfiend666
Rational VIP!
hellfiend666's picture
User is offlineOffline
This dude is awesome!  I

This dude is awesome!  I love the way he crescendos his whole rant, going from very soft spoken, to almost screaming!  Very powerfull.    Great find Void, as usual.  Keep 'em commin!  And a hearty hi ho fuck yeah to this dude!

The darkness of godlessness lets wisdom shine.