My 1 hour Youtube conversation with theist: Firefly515

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
My 1 hour Youtube conversation with theist: Firefly515

I recently had the opportunity to talk with a Christian youtuber named firefly515 who is getting quite a few views on his videos and banging many of them out. Here is the conversation:

Please comment on the video itself as well as this thread.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Firefly515 has some good

Firefly515 has some good things going for him in spite of his God belief. He appreciates and respects logic and science even though his skills are quite underdeveloped here. If he keeps talking to you or somone that can engage his mind in rational way he wil reach the point where religion looks as silly to him as it does to most of us here.

As I recall, he conceded every point to you. Good for you and him. 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I think the crew and I

I think the crew and I might might have to respond to this video on our show and we could make a full show out of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMfcXqfDJBk

I'm very disappointed that he made this video within hours of our conversation.  Some of his points are false, others are true, but he needs to know the reasons why atheists do the things they do.  He really runs the gamet of cookie cutter responses. 

Alt Ctrl Delete
Alt Ctrl Delete's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've watched a few of his

I've watched a few of his videos (I just find it annoying watching christian videos and not being able to interact with them, because I always want to interupt what they are saying - guess the comments will have to do).  Anyway I think he's an alright guy, and I will look forward to watching this discussion.

Can you put pictures in here?