Help.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Help.

Im in a debate, and Im bogged down.
with real life after death experiences
http://www.allmetalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915&page=38

Please help me disprove the foolowing links.

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re: Help.

After looking at that forum for about a minute and then barfing for another two...

I'd say the solution is to cut your losses and delete your account there and never visit that entire website ever again.

Welcome to your new home.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Help.

But seriously, I want to prove him wrong, what should I say?

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help.

I don't even know who you are on that board. If you're Pacer1, your debate skills suck. That 10% thing is just a saying, not proven at all. It's not true at all.

Not to mention acknowledging "evidence" for souls and remote viewing, etc. Seriously, the people on that board need to stop using the internet, but I wouldn't even bother arguing with people who can't be pseudo-intelligent when discussing something.

You wouldn't argue with a two year old. Why argue with them? You can't prove them wrong, but they certainly can't prove themselves correct. That's why we're "right" and they're not. They believe something with absolutely no proof. We choose not to believe something without proof. We are the default state.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Help.

Im not Pacer1.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help.

ask the guy to totally prove it to almost kill himself. If he believes it so much....ask him to go drown himself. and see what happens.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help.

most of his sources come from one biased webpage...it's bullshit..people who go through NDE's often have a prenotion of what death is supposed to be like. "This prenotion plays over and over and over when they have a very close death experience. My aunt and uncle got hit by a car in Italy while crossing the street. They both had NDE, floating above the body type of experiences, or so they say. But fact is, like dreams, your brain projects images that you already have locked within your subconscious, when you recover, you remember these glimpses, or images, if you're half conscious your brain may, in fact record images of surgeons etc...and you may recall them. Ask him what percentage of people that almost die have these experiences..if it's not 100 percent, then the whole notion is bullshit. Because if we all have souls, the we would all have these experiences, during surgery or any other traumatic experience. Also ask him why is htis only in xtian countries, ask him if he's ever seen muslims, or atheists or any other type of person go through this same exact "experience"

Again, one or two sources, no variance in experimental design, hell no desing period. Juse hear say from some religiuos whackos..yeah...it is yet another failed attempt to describe jeebus as your light. hahaha.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help.

oh and one more thing, why the hell is this on a metal forum anyway?

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Help.

Thank you for your replies fellows!.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help.

more ammo and info here
http://skepdic.com/nde.html

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Help.

I like metal and there was a debate forum(unfortunately, most people there are not very smart).

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help.

Blasphemer wrote:
I like metal and there was a debate forum(unfortunately, most people there are not very smart).

I love metal too, but I keep my metal threads completely separate...

btw: if you like metal check out
http://groups.myspace.com/manticora

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Yeh, they arent bad, good power metal.

Onto the progress of the debate, All he does is post link.
This is all he does, what should I do?.
Just stop posting there?

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re: Yeh, they arent bad, good power metal.

Blasphemer wrote:
Onto the progress of the debate, All he does is post link.
This is all he does, what should I do?.
Just stop posting there?

just tell him if all he has is biased links that twist and distort the truth and play on the fact that people who have "experienced" NDE's want to believe in life after death so instead of seeking a sceintific explanation automatically resort to a supernatural explanation, then he has no argument and you are done there. All the examples posted can ALL be refuted by the fact that people will BELIEVE what they want to believe. The light, recalling surgegy, etc..it's all psychology and no supernaturalism, but people AND especially religious people will have experience psychological events during a near death accident and of course will translate this into the supernatural, it's self fulfilling prophecies, so to speak. They will not address the fact that this may in fact be nothing but their own mind projecting dream like images while they were unconscious or half conscious. And your done. No reason to keep going in circles.