Brian's Crass Statement (trolling in A vs T)

Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Brian's Crass Statement (trolling in A vs T)

Kudos to Brian for the statement I heard him make on the radio show.  Something like, "if you put a bunch of people in a cave from birth, they would learn to adapt and survive."  HA!!  A bunch of people from birth huh?  They wont just die of starvation, they'll survive and teach themselves, 1 to 2 years later how to hunt and eat. Riggghhht.  So I’m assuming you believe the first creature was a baby?  Or ape?  Or baby ape? Or a grown man?  And as it formed over billions of years, a Philly cheese steak formed itself as well, right into the human or apes hand, and when it was old enough, it taught itself to take a bite.  I don’t really get too much into the non-sense, so excuse my lack of knowledge in the single cell organism facts that have been produced.  I don’t know about you guys, but I do know that its a fact, that if I was to leave my babies in a cave, they would die.  They wouldn't get older and learn to adapt, that’s just insane thinking, so which one will it be, are you insincere, or are you insane?  It can only be one or the other.  You guys no science extremely better then me, so you should know that the body cannot survive years, without any food or water whatsoever, maybe not even months, let alone the billions of years your claiming it did.  So what was this creature doing at first?  It just adapted and taught itself to eat after years?  Was it male or female?  Or both?  Did it mate with itself, or did another, opposite gender suddenly form as well?  Was it a sperm first?  Or a man?  Or was it a woman, laying next to a sperm in a test tube?  And figured out what to do with it.  You guys speak of using logic, well, logic tells you that you have to teach your kids morals, and how to function.  My parents did that, and my parents parents taught them that.  So logic would tell me that even the first human would have had to have someone teach him.  Unless your telling me that you have had no parents, and no help from anyone since you were born.  Studies must show that if you leave a baby right at birth, to fend for itself, it'll make it just fine.   

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote: Beatz

BMcD wrote:
Beatz wrote:

Well it goes the same with works. Everyone has a different background, this person grew up in a foster home, while another grew up with Bill Gates as his dad. Of course the latter will have an easy time getting works done. No problem presented there, but what about the person who grows up in the slums, with a violent surrounding, and is forced to adapt to his climate? You see thats not right either, one person has it a bit easier, they can do charitable deeds, feed the poor, contribute to society, etc... While the other has to sell drugs, and carry a gun just to make sure he can eat.

Did you just say that people growing up poor in the inner cities can't be good? Did you completely forget the old woman who gave pennies to the temple, and yet was held in higher regard by Christ than the rich man who gave more, because those pennies were all she had?

Good job directly contradicting Jesus Christ there, dude. That's right up there with ignoring the Parable of the Sheeps and the Goats, which you also do, which directly states that yes, you will be judged solely on the basis of works. But of course, that doesn't fit with your doctrine of 'I am Teh Speshul. Even if I start killing babies, I r savded!'

Quote:
So slayne. My question for you is, how should God judge a sinner? Should He judge humans? Or should He just give them timeouts? God told Adam not to eat from the tree, and He said he would die if he did. Adam ate from it, so how should God judge him? How should God judge humanity?

This'd be the apple that God forced Adam to eat by not allowing Adam to choose not to eat it? Follow the trail of breadcrumbs, Beatz, your theology eventually works out to the idea that all of humanity is, at best, just God suffering from multiple personality disorder, and at worst, puppets on our strings, still not taking any action of our own. If we cannot act independent of the Will of God, then we are not responsible for our actions. So let God judge himself however he wants. Let him torment himself for a thousand years and then utterly obliterate himself if he wants. Your God is a liar and a charlatan, playing with marionettes and telling them they're real boys.

Quote:
Every human being is born, that God may be glorified. On one hand you have the reprobate, in whom God is glorified by the sovereignty He has over him. It's Gods creature, and He has the right to blind him, to make him an atheist, whatever He wants to do, He does it. On the other hand, He is glorified of the miraculous change that is made in a sinners life, no doubt some of you reading this will experience this, and in return, glorify God.

So your God creates an entire universe just to make himself feel important. If you're lucky, he'll make you stroke his ego. If you're not, he'll pull his own pud and get off on being cruel and torturing creatures that can't resist, can't fight back...

If there is a God, which I still have no reason to believe, then for your sake I hope he is a merciful one, and not your spiteful and sadistic masturbator. The one you describe is a vicious, petty being that needs to be spanked and sent to bed without supper.

BMcD I like your powerful rebuttals to beatz.  I quickly tire of trying to answer fools but I still receive pleasure ( vicariously ) by reading your posts in which you, metaphorically speaking, slam his head into a brick wall....Tongue outWhat fun !!

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Brian Sapient.  This is

Brian Sapient. 

This is the last time i'm going to say this, YOU CANNOT COMMIT THE UNPARDONABLE SIN!!!

In order to do that, Jesus Christ would have to be 1. physically here in person, 2. performing miracles 3. in your face, 4. by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Since essentially you have to meet the number one criteria, the next three are void.  Jesus was physically in front of the pharisees face, performing miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit, and they said He did it by the power of satan, so therefore, they are the only ones eligible to commit the unpardonable sin.  So not only would you have to have been there, you first would have to believe He existed, which you dont!

So you fools who think you can commit this sin, please stop trying, you cant commit it, unless your Christopher Loyd or Michael J. Fox, and you possess a time machine, in which I would like to use also if you have one. 

Now, what I said was, "one day, God might make you a Christian, it'll be the funniest day of my life."  What I mean is, if God converts you into a Christian, DURING YOUR LIFETIME, it will be funny.  If God does convert you into a Christian, essentially, all your sins will be forgiven.  Then from that day forward, you will reap, all the things you sowed, meaning, your gonna see how it feels, for you to have to come back to all your atheist friends, and convince them to be Christians, and I pray the Holy Spirit convicts you of your sin, and vexes your spirit to the uttermost.

I find the story of Apostle Paul funny, he was persecuting Christians(not funny), he thought he was doing the right thing, God humbled him(funny), lower than dirt(funnier).  He had to go back, (how embarrassing that must be) and preach to his once allies.  Yes, I will find it funny, and will be glad, if one day you convert to a Christian, I dont think its funny that you'll reap every last penny you sowed(all real Christians do), but I find it funny for a person to be defiant towards God one day, then worshiping Him the next.  Paul, went through lots of things after his conversion, nevertheless, God gave him the power to persevere.  I dont think you'll go through as much as him.

So, if you came to know Christ, you would attain heaven.  If God grants you repentance, and you come to know Christ, you have nothing to worry about.  No elect person of the Father God will perish.  And no, no person can do what they want there whole life, then ask for forgiveness on there death bed.  God has to grant you repentance, and He's only going to grant repentance, to those He has chosen.  Someone dying and finding out that Christ was real, isn't funny, and has no way of repenting.

 

Shoot me an e-mail if it happens.  And remember, the more you resist, the worse it gets. 

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
  hey friend Beatz , go

  hey friend Beatz , go here , new rrs post

'Finally, a rational Christian - theists especially need to read this'

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/general_conversation_introductions_and_humor/12366

 

 


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Brian37. Your right!! 

Brian37.

 

Your right!!  I do worship God.  He is the Authority, and the Dictator.

 

I never cherry picked anything out of the bible, I never picked just the warm fuzzy parts, you have me heavily mistaken.  Unlike you,  I, accept the things that the bible says.  I accept the fact that God commanded the slaying of many by the hands of the Israelites.  I accept the facts of the infanocide and genocide God commanded.  I accept the fact that God judged and killed plenty of people.  I ACCEPT THOSE THINGS, they happened, and GOD WAS RIGHT FOR DOING IT!!!!  They were sinners, and pagan nations.  He would be right for killing me, I cant stop Him, you cant stop Him, we cant do anything about it.

 

What part of NOBODY is innocent dont you understand.  The whole human race, who is not chosen by God, who is not in Christ, is under condemnation.  God is a Judge, and He judges accordingly, and righteously. 

 

I'm sorry you want God to be all nice, and cuddly, and pardon the human race for all their sins, but He is righteous, and will render justice to every man according to his deeds(Jeremiah 32:19).  And your deeds cant save you friends.  If you have Christ, you'll be declared righteous, if you dont, you'll be condemned, because your deeds are evil,(John 7:7).

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


totus_tuus
Theist
totus_tuus's picture
Posts: 516
Joined: 2007-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: I'm sorry you

Beatz wrote:
I'm sorry you want God to be all nice, and cuddly, and pardon the human race for all their sins, but He is righteous, and will render justice to every man according to his deeds.

Be careful, or your Calvinism's gonna come undone here.  LOL!

"With its enduring appeal to the search for truth, philosophy has the great responsibility of forming thought and culture; and now it must strive resolutely to recover its original vocation." Pope John Paul II


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
BMcD, and all others. 

BMcD, and all others. 

 

I rarely respond to you, and when I do, I do briefly, because your just outright wrong, and you eisegete everything I say.

 

You CANT point out anywhere, that I said a person in the inner city growing up poor cant BE good.  While that is true, since NO ONE IS GOOD BUT GOD,  I never said that.  First of all, I'm poor and live in the inner city, you MISSED the whole thing.  I said it would be wrong, for God to JUDGE a person based on all the good deeds that a person did.  I said the kid who grew up with foster parents, in the slums, would most likely have to adapt to his surroundings.  I didn't say he cant do good things, I said MOST LIKELY, he'll have to adapt to survive. 

 

A rich man, will be able to do charitable deeds a bit easier than a poor man.  I'm not saying the poor man cant do good deeds, i'm saying if he has to beg for money to eat, it'll be a little harder for him to contribute to society.

 

You strawman worse than me.  Maybe you need to re-read about the sheep and the goats.  But first lets interpret what the bible says, and, what I said correctly.  The poor lady gave all she had, her last, while the rich people gave out of there abundance, and still had plenty left.  Christ said she gave the most.  WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH SALVATION!?  Nothing at all.  I said, that God cant judge you by works, because all in all, the rich man would be more justified if God set the same criteria for every single human being.  And it would be a pretty high criteria, if you had to work your way to salvation, seeing as though God is perfect, and you cant work your way to perfection.  Thats why salvation is by GRACE through FAITH.  Grace = Divine merit, FAITH = alloted to every believer Chosen in Christ, essentially, both are given by God.

 

Now lets go to your mis-interpretation of the sheep and the goats.  You must have missed verse 34.  Matthew 25:34 for those who want to read it for themselves.  What does it say?  INHERIT THE KINGDOM PREPARED FOR YOU BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD!!!!  Meaning, God, chose those sheep, before the world began, and gave them power to do HIS work, not their own work, HIS WORK.  While the goats, not chosen, did works, but were self pleasing works, the devils works.  And every goat will be judged for there own evil works.  YOUR WORKS CANNOT SAVE YOU.  The sheep who were chosen, were not saved by works, they were saved by grace, the goats who were not chosen, were judged because they had no savior, and there works were evil.

 

You must've missed the parable of the pharisee, and the tax collector(luke 18:9-14).  While you all stand around, boasting against God, and mis-interpreting scripture, others are on there knees, begging, "God, be merciful to me, a sinner!!"  He who humbles himself will be exalted, you have no humility in your life before God, you curse and ridicule Him daily, then you wanna teach me, YOU HYPOCRITE!!

 

You know, your worse than the devil, atleast he was able to own up to what he did.  He knew God permitted him to deceive Eve, even still knowing such, he didn't blame God, he took his punishment like a man.  And that's one thing you need to stop blotting out of the whole equation, the devil. 

 

Like I told you before, you can talk till your blue in the face, YOU STILL THREW THE ROCK!!  Just because you cant reconcile the conflict that you think exist, between Gods will, and mans responsibility, doesnt mean you abolish your whole belief in God, feeble attempts I might add.

 

All you know is Gods revealed will, which is Christ died for sinners, if your a sinner, pray God forgive you.  God has commanded all men to repent for their sins(Acts 17:30), thats His revealed will.  Why does His revealed will require all men to repent for sin?  Because He cant demand anything less.  

 

 You wake up in the morning, you dont know what life has in store for you.  You know your going to work, but you dont know if your gonna die in a car accident, or be robbed, or shot, or have a heart attack, or stroke, you dont know Gods secret will.  God didn't tell Adam to eat from the tree, then punish him for eating from it, NO, He told him not to eat from it.  It was Gods secret will for Adam to eat from the tree, Adam didn't know that.  So you, knowing that God has revealed His will for you in the bible, if you dont do it, you will be punished.

 

Abraham was told by God, to sacrifice his son Isaac.  Did he sacrifice Isaac?  No.  It was God's revealed will to Abraham, to sacrifice Isaac, it was Gods secret will, that He was going to stop Abraham just before he could go through with it.  Abraham didn't know Gods secret will, all he knew was what God told him to do, and he was obeying.  As oppose to Adam, who disobeyed.  Are you obeying?  God already knew what Abraham would do.  Well you say, if God knew, why did he tell Abraham to do it?  To give you an example of an obedient servant, thats why.  Are you an obedient servent?  To show how devoted Abraham was to God, thats why.  Are you devoted to God?  To show you that Abraham was justified by faith.  Abraham had faith enough that he would sacrifice, even the son God promised.

 

No man will be in hell, who is not justly punished for his own sin.  So if you think your gonna go to judgment, and say, "God, I did everything you ordained,"  you got something else coming.  All you know, is that you have a bible, and your to do what it says, repent, the kingdom of heaven, is at hand.

 

You cant resist, you cant fight back, what are you going to do about it? 

 

 

 

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: I find the

Beatz wrote:

I find the story of Apostle Paul funny, he was persecuting Christians(not funny), he thought he was doing the right thing, God humbled him(funny), lower than dirt(funnier). He had to go back, (how embarrassing that must be) and preach to his once allies. Yes, I will find it funny, and will be glad, if one day you convert to a Christian, I dont think its funny that you'll reap every last penny you sowed(all real Christians do), but I find it funny for a person to be defiant towards God one day, then worshiping Him the next. Paul, went through lots of things after his conversion, nevertheless, God gave him the power to persevere. I dont think you'll go through as much as him.

I find the Apostle Paul funny, too... because he was a liar, a crook, and fraud, who was obviously only out for his own aggrandizement. Paul tells the story of his conversion on three occassions. Each time, the details of the story are different.

This is supposedly the single most important moment in his life, seared into his mind by the literal voice of GOD, and he can't keep his story straight.

 Compare that to people's memories of the Kennedy assassinations, MLK's assassination, the Challenger explosion, 9/11... people remember details, crystallized images of exactly what happened that suddenly made everything else going on seem... silly. But Paul can't produce consistent details. Did his companions see Jesus? Did they hear him? Did Paul see the risen Lord, or just a blinding light? He can't keep his story straight. In short, Paul was just another liar looking to milk the gullible, a biblical Jerry Falwell.

Quote:
Someone dying and finding out that Christ was real, isn't funny, and has no way of repenting.

Small problem here:  It doesn't matter.

By your own doctrine, it doesn't matter if someone believes in God, Christ, or the FSM. All that matters is if God picks them to be one of his eternal ego-strokers. So which is sadder? The guy who lives his life his way, dies, and finds out Christ is real and he's going to hell? Or the guy who tries really really hard to be a good little automaton for the Lord, dies, and finds out God never really liked him, anyway?

If nothing you can do influences whether God chose you to be saved way back before the beginning of time, then what is the value in a godly life? 

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
BMcD.   The day you digest

BMcD.

 

The day you digest this, the day you get saved.

 

Abraham was told by God, to sacrifice his son Isaac.  Did he sacrifice Isaac?  No.  It was God's revealed will to Abraham, to sacrifice Isaac, it was Gods secret will, that He was going to stop Abraham just before he could go through with it.  Abraham didn't know Gods secret will, all he knew was what God told him to do, and he was obeying.  As oppose to Adam, who disobeyed.  Are you obeying?  God already knew what Abraham would do.  Well you say, if God knew, why did he tell Abraham to do it?  To give you an example of an obedient servant, thats why.  Are you an obedient servent?  To show how devoted Abraham was to God, thats why.  Are you devoted to God?  To show you that Abraham was justified by faith.  Abraham had faith enough that he would sacrifice, even the son God promised.  Do you believe in the Son, God promised?  Its all level ground at the cross of Christ, friend.  Gods revealed will is for sinners to come to Christ, are you coming? 

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote:

Beatz wrote:

BMcD, and all others.

 

I rarely respond to you, and when I do, I do briefly, because your just outright wrong, and you eisegete everything I say.

No, I rebut everything you say.

Quote:
You CANT point out anywhere, that I said a person in the inner city growing up poor cant BE good. While that is true, since NO ONE IS GOOD BUT GOD, I never said that. First of all, I'm poor and live in the inner city, you MISSED the whole thing. I said it would be wrong, for God to JUDGE a person based on all the good deeds that a person did. I said the kid who grew up with foster parents, in the slums, would most likely have to adapt to his surroundings. I didn't say he cant do good things, I said MOST LIKELY, he'll have to adapt to survive.

First example:

Quote:
You see thats not right either, one person has it a bit easier, they can do charitable deeds, feed the poor, contribute to society, etc... While the other has to sell drugs, and carry a gun just to make sure he can eat.

One person 'can' do charitable deeds... thus the contrast is that the other cannot. Also, the other 'has to sell drugs' etc, which puts forth the idea that he cannot get by any other way. No 'most likely'. If you're going to get prissy and parse words, make sure you parse the words you actually said.

Second example:

Quote:
You CANT point out anywhere, that I said a person in the inner city growing up poor cant BE good. While that is true, since NO ONE IS GOOD BUT GOD, I never said that.

(Emphasis added)

Whups! Looks like you just did.

Quote:
A rich man, will be able to do charitable deeds a bit easier than a poor man. I'm not saying the poor man cant do good deeds, i'm saying if he has to beg for money to eat, it'll be a little harder for him to contribute to society.

And this is precisely why Christ attaches such importance to works, and tells the rich 'give up all you have and follow me'. You can't have it both ways, and you seem all too happy to ignore the words spoken by the dude you claim to believe in, in favor of those written over a thousand years later by a dissident priest who didn't like having to obey Rome.

Quote:
You strawman worse than me. Maybe you need to re-read about the sheep and the goats. But first lets interpret what the bible says, and, what I said correctly. The poor lady gave all she had, her last, while the rich people gave out of there abundance, and still had plenty left. Christ said she gave the most. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH SALVATION!? Nothing at all. I said, that God cant judge you by works, because all in all, the rich man would be more justified if God set the same criteria for every single human being. And it would be a pretty high criteria, if you had to work your way to salvation, seeing as though God is perfect, and you cant work your way to perfection. Thats why salvation is by GRACE through FAITH. Grace = Divine merit, FAITH = alloted to every believer Chosen in Christ, essentially, both are given by God.

Except that the example is a judgement, just not the final one. Christ demonstrates that in the eyes of God, she is greater than these others, and says repeatedly that the Kingdom belongs to those who give all they have to others. It's also why the parable of the Goats and the Sheep, along with the description of the Judgement in Revelations say nothing of Faith or Grace. The criteria given at that point for all of humanity is 'whensoever you did this for the least of these, my brothers, you did this for me'. Works. Period.

Quote:
Now lets go to your mis-interpretation of the sheep and the goats. You must have missed verse 34. Matthew 25:34 for those who want to read it for themselves. What does it say? INHERIT THE KINGDOM PREPARED FOR YOU BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD!!!! Meaning, God, chose those sheep, before the world began, and gave them power to do HIS work, not their own work, HIS WORK. While the goats, not chosen, did works, but were self pleasing works, the devils works. And every goat will be judged for there own evil works. YOUR WORKS CANNOT SAVE YOU. The sheep who were chosen, were not saved by works, they were saved by grace, the goats who were not chosen, were judged because they had no savior, and there works were evil.

Wow, that's a narrow-minded interpretation... and it pretty well ignores the entire point of the parable in order to misrepresent one sentence. The meaning of the line is pretty clear: The Kingdom was prepared before the world was made. That's different than 'The Kingdom was prepared, and those of you here who I didn't like back then were already fucked. Have a nice day.'

Quote:
You must've missed the parable of the pharisee, and the tax collector(luke 18:9-14). While you all stand around, boasting against God, and mis-interpreting scripture, others are on there knees, begging, "God, be merciful to me, a sinner!!" He who humbles himself will be exalted, you have no humility in your life before God, you curse and ridicule Him daily, then you wanna teach me, YOU HYPOCRITE!!

Wow, and again you're twisting the Bible around to fit your particular doctrine. The parable, again, is pretty clear. It's the guy out there saying 'look at me, I follow God so well! Everyone should believe what I believe' who sins, while the humble man who does not claim special knowledge or dispensation, but only tries to be a good man, is rewarded. And that is something which you, sir, are not. Your entire denomination is founded in ego. 'We are special. We are saved. God likes us best.' These things are not humility.

Quote:
You know, your worse than the devil, atleast he was able to own up to what he did. He knew God permitted him to deceive Eve, even still knowing such, he didn't blame God, he took his punishment like a man. And that's one thing you need to stop blotting out of the whole equation, the devil.

Except that your belief claims that's not possible. Your belief says that nothing happens save by the will of God. If that's true, then God did not 'permit' anything. God forced. GOD deceived Eve through the serpent, because the serpent could not choose not to, any more than a rock can choose not to fly through the air when thrown.

Quote:
Like I told you before, you can talk till your blue in the face, YOU STILL THREW THE ROCK!! Just because you cant reconcile the conflict that you think exist, between Gods will, and mans responsibility, doesnt mean you abolish your whole belief in God, feeble attempts I might add.

No, dear sir, I'm afraid it's you who can't seem to comprehend responsibility. If I cannot choose to not throw the rock, I am not responsible for throwing the rock. If God is making me perform certain actions and not allowing me to not perform those actions, then I am not truly performing those actions, God is, through me.

Quote:
All you know is Gods revealed will, which is Christ died for sinners, if your a sinner, pray God forgive you. God has commanded all men to repent for their sins(Acts 17:30), thats His revealed will. Why does His revealed will require all men to repent for sin? Because He cant demand anything less.

Oh, I was really hoping you'd get back to the idea of 'God's Revealed Will' vs 'God's Actual Will'. See, here's the thing that's actually had me curious for the last half an hour or so... why do you believe in a liar?

God wants sin to enter the world, and in fact God expressly designs it so Adam must eat the apple. Then God says 'Adam, I don't want you eating the apple'. God lies, by your doctrine. And all of the Bible, where it tells you lying is bad, is thus thrown into question. The Bible is the Inviolate Word of God... but God lies. God wants one thing, and tells you he wants exactly the opposite. God claims he wants all men to be obedient to His Commandments, but has long since preordained that some will not be. God lies. And so, embracing the idea that God lies, you follow the teachings of a man who lived 1500 years after the events of the Bible, who claimed to suddenly know what God's secret Will was all along. Men lie, too. All you have is a book that is held to be the word of someone you claim is a liar. Because you claim that you and your particular sect know the truth better than anyone else who foolishly just believes that they can trust their deity.

Who's the proud hypocrit, again? Who's the one claiming membership in an 'elect' group, possessors of secret knowledge?

Quote:
You wake up in the morning, you dont know what life has in store for you. You know your going to work, but you dont know if your gonna die in a car accident, or be robbed, or shot, or have a heart attack, or stroke, you dont know Gods secret will.

And neither do you. The difference between us is, you can't handle that. If there is a God, then I am content to let His Will be His Will. I will live my life as best I can, and ask for no more than that. You're the one who says that God created this amazing planet, this wondrous, incredible, beautiful, bountiful world, and created an entire universe around it just to make everything hang together properly for us... and then says "Thanks, God, but that's not good enough for me. I want to live forever, too! In an even nicer place!"

What arrogance. What ingratitude. If there is no God, then this life is all there is. If there is a God, then the truth of His Will is ultimately beyond our comprehension in its entirety. And that's fine by me. If He exists, he's given me this life, and I, for one, am not so crass or childish as to demand more.

Quote:
God didn't tell Adam to eat from the tree, then punish him for eating from it, NO, He told him not to eat from it. It was Gods secret will for Adam to eat from the tree, Adam didn't know that. So you, knowing that God has revealed His will for you in the bible, if you dont do it, you will be punished.

My name's not listed anywhere in the Bible, thanks, and you've made it pretty clear that you think God's a liar, so... really, should I believe that?

Quote:
Abraham was told by God, to sacrifice his son Isaac. Did he sacrifice Isaac? No. It was God's revealed will to Abraham, to sacrifice Isaac, it was Gods secret will, that He was going to stop Abraham just before he could go through with it. Abraham didn't know Gods secret will, all he knew was what God told him to do, and he was obeying. Are you obeying? As oppose to Adam, who did not obey. God already knew what Abraham would do. Well you say, if God knew, why did he tell Abraham to do it? To give you an example of an obedient servant, thats why. Are you an obedient servent? To show how devoted Abraham was to God, thats why. Are you devoted to God? To show you that Abraham was justified by faith. Abraham had faith enough that he would sacrifice, even the son God promised.

Except that in both cases, by your beliefs, God didn't 'know' what they'd do, God forced them to do it. They could never not do what God decided they would do. Haven't you gotten it yet? Haven't you gotten it through your head yet?

In order for any test to have validity, the outcome must be unknown. In order for an example to have any meaning, the observers must be free to follow the example or ignore it. The doctrine of predestination, by removing Free Will, renders the entire Bible fruitless and without meaning. God chose before the beginning of the world who He would save. If that is the case, and nothing but God's Will affects that determination, why was the Crucifixion necessary? To prove God's Will to God? Are you really claiming God's a moron?

Quote:
No man will be in hell, who is not justly punished for his own sin. So if you think your gonna go to judgment, and say, "God, I did everything you ordained," you got something else coming. All you know, is that you have a bible, and your to do what it says, repent, the kingdom of heaven, is at hand.

And has been for 2000 or so years. Men living then were supposed to not yet be in their graves before the Son of Man returned, remember? JC's own words. Frankly, if there is a God, and I go to the Judgement tonight, no, I won't be saying "God, I did everything you ordained". You might, because you believe God has long-sinced ordered every twist and turn your life will take. Me, I'll be saying "I tried to do what I could. I didn't always succeed. Thanks for the ride."

I'm going to step into the framework of 'there is a God' for a moment here, because I think you, and most believers, are missing a really, really big point. You're really big on talking up 'God's Will' and how everyone should bow down before it, but you don't seem to have any concept of accepting it for yourself. You want to be special. You want to be different. You want to live forever. This world that your God made for you just isn't enough. A whole fucking world made for Man just isn't enough. What the hell is wrong with you? Look around you. Revel in this thing your God made for you. Experience the joy, the wonder, the beauty, the pain, the sorrow and melancholy of this place, because these moments, as they pass, are gone forever. Each one a precious and unique instant that your God made for you... and you look only to the next world? You look only to another life? You waste and squander this one, turning your nose up at this precious, irreplaceable, utterly unique gift that no-one else could have made for you... and you expect to be given another?

Quote:
You cant resist, you cant fight back, what are you going to do about it?

I'm going to live, and I'm going to do the best job of it I can. And I'm going to be thankful for the time I have, regardless of where it comes from, without stomping my foot and demanding I get to stay up for another eternity to watch TV before bedtime.

 

 

 

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
  HI GOD

  HI GOD


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: BMcD.   The

Beatz wrote:

BMcD.

 

The day you digest this, the day you get saved.

 

Abraham was told by God, to sacrifice his son Isaac. Did he sacrifice Isaac? No. It was God's revealed will to Abraham, to sacrifice Isaac, it was Gods secret will, that He was going to stop Abraham just before he could go through with it. Abraham didn't know Gods secret will, all he knew was what God told him to do, and he was obeying. As oppose to Adam, who disobeyed. Are you obeying? God already knew what Abraham would do. Well you say, if God knew, why did he tell Abraham to do it? To give you an example of an obedient servant, thats why. Are you an obedient servent? To show how devoted Abraham was to God, thats why. Are you devoted to God? To show you that Abraham was justified by faith. Abraham had faith enough that he would sacrifice, even the son God promised. Do you believe in the Son, God promised? Its all level ground at the cross of Christ, friend. Gods revealed will is for sinners to come to Christ, are you coming?

But wait! I thought it didn't matter, that God had already chosen His Elect since before the world began. That Faith cannot save you any more than Works, that only God can decide if you're saved or not.

Which is it? Can man be redeemed by Faith, or only by direct intervention from God? And if the latter, then how can God, who is SO powerful that everything I do, I do only because God makes me do it needs me to make some decision before He can save me... especially since I can't make that decision, only GOD can? 

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote: HI

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:
HI GOD

"And on the seventh Day, THE LORD remembered one of those plants He'd made was Hemp, and lit up a fattie. And THE LORD puffed upon the fattie, and found that shit was good."

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
  .... "and so it was"

  .... "and so it was" .... 

said Walter Cronkite


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
yawn....

yawn.... sorry I can't bare your subjective fallacys any longer anathema, eisegete, whichever you prefer.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: yawn.... sorry

Beatz wrote:
yawn.... sorry I can't bare your subjective fallacys any longer anathema, eisegete, whichever you prefer.

So are you going to drag your battered, bruised and broken arguments to your theist friends so they can heal (and you can declare "victory&quotEye-wink or will you just start a new thread wher you repeat them for continued punishment? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
No, im far from bruised. We

No, im far from bruised. We don't understand each other, and like I said, BMCD needs to stop trying to interpret scripture. He's just wrong. I'll refer you to Psalms 50. 16But to the wicked God says:
        "What right have you to declare My statutes,
        Or take My covenant in your mouth,
        17Seeing you hate instruction
        And cast My words behind you?
        18When you saw a thief, you consented with him,
        And have been a partaker with adulterers.
        19You give your mouth to evil,
        And your tongue frames deceit.
        20You sit and speak against your brother;
        You slander your own mother's son.
        21These things you have done, and I kept silent;
        You thought that I was altogether like you;
        But I will rebuke you,
        And set them in order before your eyes.

        22"Now consider this, you who forget God,
        Lest I tear you in pieces,
        And there be none to deliver:

I have one last question though. If God is all knowing, and knows your life from the beginning to the end, would you say you made choicees? If I know every move your gonna make, are you chosing? How do you reconcile this? Do you simply say theres no God? Even if God removed Himself a biillion galaxies away, would He not still know everything? God is infinetly above us, and we cannot comprehend Him, or His ways. And He will not allow you to interpret His scripture correctly untill you humble yourself, and accept Christ.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: No, im far

Beatz wrote:
No, im far from bruised. We don't understand each other, and like I said, BMCD needs to stop trying to interpret scripture. He's just wrong. I'll refer you to Psalms 50. 16But to the wicked God says: "What right have you to declare My statutes, Or take My covenant in your mouth, 17Seeing you hate instruction And cast My words behind you? 18When you saw a thief, you consented with him, And have been a partaker with adulterers. 19You give your mouth to evil, And your tongue frames deceit. 20You sit and speak against your brother; You slander your own mother's son. 21These things you have done, and I kept silent; You thought that I was altogether like you; But I will rebuke you, And set them in order before your eyes. 22"Now consider this, you who forget God, Lest I tear you in pieces, And there be none to deliver: I have one last question though. If God is all knowing, and knows your life from the beginning to the end, would you say you made choicees? If I know every move your gonna make, are you chosing? How do you reconcile this? Do you simply say theres no God? Even if God removed Himself a biillion galaxies away, would He not still know everything?

 Why is a person who interprets Scripture diffferently from you automatically wrong? It would be easier if God had given his ghost writers instructions that didn't need interpretation.

I don't have the problem with omniscience - I don't believe in the biblical God.

 I do object to your attributing the Psalmist's claims to me. That's just becaus I'm not big on someone lying about me (even if they claim it came from God)

Are you saying your god is not omnimax (despite your Bible's statements to the contrary)? 

Is there free moral agency? No - I'm bound by the laws of society. 

In your defintion of God, humans can't make choices. Why ask us? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly, do you sleep

jcgadfly, do you sleep dude?

 

Anyway, i'll answer your questions.  Why is a person who interprets scripture different from me automatically wrong.  Well, there are several answers.

 

Lets take BMcD's answers of what parables mean for instance.  As you already know, the Psalmist said the wicked are the last people who should be trying to quote the bible.  And I wasn't aiming it directly to you, but rather the atheist community as a whole.  Those who blaspheme, are qualified as wicked. 

 

Now, Jesus answers your question in Matthew 13:10-17, the diciples asked a similar question. 

 

Verse 11 Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingodm of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 

 

You see, God has to give you the interpretation of scripture, and especially of a parable.  A parable is a earthly story, with a heavenly meaning.  Seeing as though you dont believe in God or heaven, you cant get the meaning.  God has to give you the meaning.  and only He can reveal it to you.

 

Another reason is since you dont believe there is a God, or that this is His word, you interpret it subjectively.

 

Now you said, in my definition of God, humans cant make choices.  Well, this is what you gotta understand.  God didn't come to you before you were born, and ask you would you like to go to earth, did He?  No, He didn't ask me either.

 

For God to create a human with free will, He would have to create him/her without a purpose, and there is no reason in creating something without purpose, especially humans, and everything in the finite realm is done with cause and effect.

 

So even if God were to create humans, and just set them on earth with the task of working, having a family, enjoying life, hating life, whatever the case might be, there cant be a free will, because even then your still fulfilling Gods purpose for your life.  And this goes for every single human being, whatever you do in this lifetime you have, you will be fulfilling Gods purpose.

 

Not only are you bound by the laws of society, your bound by the laws of your own body.  You have to eat to live, you have to sleep and rest yourself, without which, no human can survive.  So, we dont have free will, we are even slaves to our own bodies.

 

Despite how much people dont wanna except the facts, there is a God, and there is a devil.  GOD DOES NOT WORK THROUGH THE DEVIL, God works through His children, while the devil works through his children.  God permits, and is governor over the devil, making sure he doesn't go overboard.    

 

 

 

 

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: jcgadfly, do

Beatz wrote:

jcgadfly, do you sleep dude?

 

Anyway, i'll answer your questions. Why is a person who interprets scripture different from me automatically wrong. Well, there are several answers.

 

Lets take BMcD's answers of what parables mean for instance. As you already know, the Psalmist said the wicked are the last people who should be trying to quote the bible. And I wasn't aiming it directly to you, but rather the atheist community as a whole. Those who blaspheme, are qualified as wicked.

 

Now, Jesus answers your question in Matthew 13:10-17, the diciples asked a similar question.

 

Verse 11 Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingodm of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

 

You see, God has to give you the interpretation of scripture, and especially of a parable. A parable is a earthly story, with a heavenly meaning. Seeing as though you dont believe in God or heaven, you cant get the meaning. God has to give you the meaning. and only He can reveal it to you.

 

Another reason is since you dont believe there is a God, or that this is His word, you interpret it subjectively.

 

Now you said, in my definition of God, humans cant make choices. Well, this is what you gotta understand. God didn't come to you before you were born, and ask you would you like to go to earth, did He? No, He didn't ask me either.

 

For God to create a human with free will, He would have to create him/her without a purpose, and there is no reason in creating something without purpose, especially humans, and everything in the finite realm is done with cause and effect.

 

So even if God were to create humans, and just set them on earth with the task of working, having a family, enjoying life, hating life, whatever the case might be, there cant be a free will, because even then your still fulfilling Gods purpose for your life. And this goes for every single human being, whatever you do in this lifetime you have, you will be fulfilling Gods purpose.

 

Not only are you bound by the laws of society, your bound by the laws of your own body. You have to eat to live, you have to sleep and rest yourself, without which, no human can survive. So, we dont have free will, we are even slaves to our own bodies.

 

Despite how much people dont wanna except the facts, there is a God, and there is a devil. GOD DOES NOT WORK THROUGH THE DEVIL, God works through His children, while the devil works through his children. God permits, and is governor over the devil, making sure he doesn't go overboard.

 

 

 

 

Do I sleep? It's 1:30 pm in Indiana. Where are you?

So since we can't interpret the Bible properly unless God gives the interpretation to us, why bother reading it at all? Or going to church and listening to preachers interpret it?

So much for Christian devotions. Can't learn about God until he tells you what he thinks you need to know.

God's given me a purpose? Gee, I wish he would've told me when I was a believer. Or did God in fact create me to fulfill his purpose by being an atheist? 

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Anyway, i'll

Beatz wrote:

Anyway, i'll answer your questions. Why is a person who interprets scripture different from me automatically wrong. Well, there are several answers.

 

Lets take BMcD's answers of what parables mean for instance. As you already know, the Psalmist said the wicked are the last people who should be trying to quote the bible. And I wasn't aiming it directly to you, but rather the atheist community as a whole. Those who blaspheme, are qualified as wicked.

And isn't it convenient that you have the only valid list of who is 'wicked'. I thought you believed that everyone is evil and wicked, remember? Wouldn't that mean nobody should interpret the bible? 

Quote:
Now you said, in my definition of God, humans cant make choices. Well, this is what you gotta understand. God didn't come to you before you were born, and ask you would you like to go to earth, did He? No, He didn't ask me either. 

For God to create a human with free will, He would have to create him/her without a purpose, and there is no reason in creating something without purpose, especially humans, and everything in the finite realm is done with cause and effect.

Why would Free Will deny Purpose? Free Will would validate Purpose, as what is the use of Purpose if there's no ability to fail to fulfill it? Doesn't the possibility that people can fail in their purpose make those who do not fail all the more noteworthy?

Quote:
So even if God were to create humans, and just set them on earth with the task of working, having a family, enjoying life, hating life, whatever the case might be, there cant be a free will, because even then your still fulfilling Gods purpose for your life. And this goes for every single human being, whatever you do in this lifetime you have, you will be fulfilling Gods purpose.

The presence of purpose doesn't negate Free Will, the inability to choose otherwise does. You really should get your theology straight. 

Quote:
Not only are you bound by the laws of society, your bound by the laws of your own body. You have to eat to live, you have to sleep and rest yourself, without which, no human can survive. So, we dont have free will, we are even slaves to our own bodies.

And the laws of society can be disobeyed. The 'laws' of the body can be, as well, even if doing so results in a detrimental result (like exhaustion, starvation, death). Neither of these removes the ability to choose. Both, in fact, make the choices have meaning. 

Quote:
Despite how much people dont wanna except the facts, there is a God, and there is a devil. GOD DOES NOT WORK THROUGH THE DEVIL, God works through His children, while the devil works through his children. God permits, and is governor over the devil, making sure he doesn't go overboard.

If nothing occurs save by the Will of God, then nothing the Devil does happens save by the Will of God. So how does the Devil do anything if not by the Will of God? 

 Face it, at this point, you're not answering me because you're incapable of answering me. You especially can't answer my last points, which have nothing to do with reading into your words, and demand that you look at your own actions and desires:

BMcD wrote:
You're really big on talking up 'God's Will' and how everyone should bow down before it, but you don't seem to have any concept of accepting it for yourself. You want to be special. You want to be different. You want to live forever. This world that your God made for you just isn't enough. A whole fucking world made for Man just isn't enough. What the hell is wrong with you? Look around you. Revel in this thing your God made for you. Experience the joy, the wonder, the beauty, the pain, the sorrow and melancholy of this place, because these moments, as they pass, are gone forever. Each one a precious and unique instant that your God made for you... and you look only to the next world? You look only to another life? You waste and squander this one, turning your nose up at this precious, irreplaceable, utterly unique gift that no-one else could have made for you... and you expect to be given another?

Let me know when you're ready to stop acting like a petulant child. 

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, im an evil person by

Yeah, im an evil person by nature, born in sin, that's why the scriptures are DIVINELY INSPIRED. I also have the Spirit of God in me friend. So lets see if you can work it out. Man who curses God, doesn't believe He exist, BUT QUOTES GOD = hypocrite, and fool. Man who believes in God, who God has changed, and commanded to spread the Word - Quotung God = faithful servant.

Once again you change around what I say. If you read it clearly you'll see I said QUOTE. You literally changed what I said to INTERPRET. And you passed over what I said about what Jesus says in Matt 13 about proper interpretation of parables, which is only given by God. Its Gods word, not beatz word, not Davids word, Gods. Did you see where it says, To the wicked GOD SAYS?

The presence of purpose does negate free will, because you did not chose your purpose. I've said it plenty of times. You did not chose to be born, where you would be born, when you'll be born, whether you would be black or white, male or female, rich or poor. All of which was chosen for you to fulfill Gods purpose. No one will fail in the purpose God has set for him.

The devil, who is evil, is permitted by God to operate in this world. It is Gods will, to allow the devil to do what he does, to fulfill Gods purpose. God doesn't operate through the devil, the devil is already evil, and he WANTS to do things like steal, kill, and destroy, God simply permits it.

Im answering your questions, you just don't agree. Which makes sense, you dont believe in God or the bible.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Yeah, im an

Beatz wrote:
Yeah, im an evil person by nature, born in sin, that's why the scriptures are DIVINELY INSPIRED. I also have the Spirit of God in me friend. So lets see if you can work it out. Man who curses God, doesn't believe He exist, BUT QUOTES GOD = hypocrite. Man who believes in God, who God has changed, and commanded to spread the Word - Quotung God = faithful servant. Once again you change around what I say. If you read it clearly you'll see I said QUOTE. You literally changed what I said to INTERPRET. And you passed over what I said about what Jesus says in Matt 13 about proper interpretation of parables, which is only given by God. Its Gods word, not beatz word, not Davids word, Gods. Did you see where it says, To the wicked GOD SAYS? The presence of purpose does negate free will, because you did not chose your purpose. I've said it plenty of times. You did not chose to be born, where you would be born, when you'll be born, whether you would be black or white, male or female, rich or poor. All of which was chosen for you to fulfill Gods purpose. No one will fail in the purpose God has set for him. The devil, who is evil, is permitted by God to operate in this world. It is Gods will, to allow the devil to do what he does, to fulfill Gods purpose. God doesn't operate through the devil, the devil is already evil, and he WANTS to do things like steal, kill, and destroy, God simply permits it.

Too bad you don't really know whether God did you any good (that you're one of the elect).

Realy do dig the way you skip my questions though.

I'll try again.

Are you saying I'm an atheist according to God's purpose for my life? 

Are you also saying that no one should read the Bible unless God gives him the interpretation? One can't read it first and ask for the interpretation or just come to an understanding according to something really silly like...the words on the page?

While I'm here, I can't let your self-contradiction concerning the devil slide. If everything is foreordained, God not only permitted Satan to operate - he ordered it.

Satan is only performing the purpose God has for him. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


jread
SuperfanTheist
jread's picture
Posts: 353
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Dude, jread,

Beatz wrote:
Dude, jread, i'm a grown man. 
Does that mean that you are exempt from learning?

 

Quote:
You were saying it like I was in high school and I had to protect my popularity because the year book balots just went out. 
 

Then why won't you investigate the atheist claims? It's as simple as a library or bookstore visit if you don't care what others may think.  

Quote:
But I did wanna ask you, are you agnostic?  

What does this have to do with anything?

 

The implication that we should put Darwinism on trial overlooks the fact that Darwinism has always been on trial within the scientific community. -- From Finding Darwin's God by Kenneth R. Miller

Chaos and chance don't mean the absence of law and order, but rather the presence of order so complex that it lies beyond our abilities to grasp and describe it. -- From From Certainty to Uncertainty by F. David Peat


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote:

Beatz wrote:
Yeah, im an evil person by nature, born in sin, that's why the scriptures are DIVINELY INSPIRED. I also have the Spirit of God in me friend. So lets see if you can work it out. Man who curses God, doesn't believe He exist, BUT QUOTES GOD = hypocrite, and fool. Man who believes in God, who God has changed, and commanded to spread the Word - Quotung God = faithful servant.

Except you're not just quoting, you're interpreting. You're the one who, for example, reads 'The Kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was made' and interprets the meaning of that to mean 'The Kingdom that was prepared for just you specific people and not everyone who reads these words, before the world was made'. That's interpretation. Calvin did a LOT of interpretation to come up with the very idea of 'The Elect', given that the writers of the New Testament went out of their way (in the cause of making the church attractive to gentiles) to say that Salvation was for everyone. Calvin denies that, and claims that most folks never have a chance at it.

Just like the entire 'God's secret Will' train of thought is interpretation. Show me in the bible where it says 'but God really wanted Sin to enter the world, he just didn't tell Adam'.

Predestination? Interpretation. Everything you're spouting is interpretation.

Quote:
The devil, who is evil, is permitted by God to operate in this world. It is Gods will, to allow the devil to do what he does, to fulfill Gods purpose. God doesn't operate through the devil, the devil is already evil, and he WANTS to do things like steal, kill, and destroy, God simply permits it.

A)Show me a single example of 'the Devil' in the bible. The reason I mention this is that the entire 'devil' concept is a gnostic/zoroastrian concept that if there is a good, benevolent 'god', there must be in opposition an evil, malevolent 'anti-god', and one of the reasons Gnostic Christianity was ruled anathema and heretical at Nicea was the 1 Commandment's prohibition against other gods. If 'the devil' is free to oppose God, then he obviously rates as another 'god', which the Bible says 'sorry, not happening'.

B)If you mean Satan, show me a single example of Satan doing something evil (and remember, 'evil' = against the will of God).

C)If Satan is only doing God's Will, then yes, God is acting through Satan. This is why paying someone to kill someone gets you charged w/Murder, too. The difference here is the hit man can refuse. Your divine puppets can't.

Quote:
Im answering your questions, you just don't agree. Which makes sense, you dont believe in God or the bible.

No, you're flailing about and repeating your own blind invocations of 'I am right cuz I am TEH ELECT!'. You have no answers, and you're getting defensive because you just might be starting to worry that you'll have to face your own lack of answers.

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Your right! I just had an

Your right! I just had an epiphany. There is no God, you solved my problems, you cured me! Thanks BMCD. rrrriiiiggghhhtt...

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the Mephibosheth

Welcome to the Mephibosheth paradox. Reciprocal argument has ended, but your opponent's goal is only getting the last word in.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Your right! I

Beatz wrote:
Your right! I just had an epiphany. There is no God, you solved my problems, you cured me! Thanks BMCD.

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
I hope so, I pray to God you

I hope so, I pray to God you all aren't goats. oh, the agony of defeat, I need a wambulance.


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Your right! I

Beatz wrote:
Your right! I just had an epiphany. There is no God, you solved my problems, you cured me! Thanks BMCD.

And now you're a liar, too. Wow, you're really such a great example of 'The Elect', aincha? 

Quote:
I hope so, I pray to God you all aren't goats.

I appreciate that. Really, I do. For my part, I hope some day you wake up to what's around you. Setting aside completely the idea that God might not exist, I find it really, really sad that you have all of God's creation around you, and it's not enough. How would you regard a child who lived in your house, ate your food, had every advantage you could give to them, and kept spitting on all you'd done and telling you 'this isn't good enough for me, I want you to take care of me forever in a much nicer place'? That seems to me a very shoddy way to show gratitude for all the gifts you claim to have received.

I suggest you look beyond Calvinism, even if you can't look beyond theism. 

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


Slayne
Slayne's picture
Posts: 91
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
Okay, I am so sick of beatz

Okay, I am so sick of beatz Bullshit...

So lets simply put so we can have you STFU.

So let us Atheists here deal with the Christ lovers that can hold there argument./.. well atleast semi-hold it with slight Rationality. So you keep bitching about sinners But simply put by your standards combined with our logicality. Your Sins imply there is a God , so before you start blabbing about sins prove your god with evidence... Because without God there are no Sins To pay for, so there for all your whining is not worth the time on your part nor on mine. So I repat Show god before you talk of his morality as, fuckitol lets do some simple math philosophy...

 

Sin+beatz =Failure to proof or logic

Sin+God = -SIN(+)-God = what the hell are you living for?

bothe areguments fail complently

Sin does not exist without god.

So God can not exist without your fairytales that make up shit for you too whine about.

If God didn't want atheists than we wouldn't exist..


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
 Jesus is not happy with

 Jesus is not happy with beatz  Yell


Oli STAVROGIN
Oli STAVROGIN's picture
Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-02-05
User is offlineOffline
hey Beatz, i haven't read

hey Beatz, i haven't read any of the posts on this thread but I was drawn to ur tagline. You say you're part of the elect?hmmm...so what splinter cell of religion are you part of? Jehovah Witness? I used to adore a girl who was into that when I was 16, and she told me that there was a exact number of saved souls that would have a place in heaven (she also told me to stop following her home after school, but i never did! ha, I just dropped further back and put on a different jacket)...

...so anyway, I'm wondering what that number is? I have 450,000 in my head for some reason, but I don't think that's right...if you are a jehovahs witness, could you tell me the right answer? if you're not, then which cell do you belong to? do you have a number? And how can you be sure you're really in that number? What if you found out that you weren't really in that number? Would you still take one for the team....like Roy Keane did in the Champions League semi way back in '99?? he knew he wouldn't make the final but he lead us to victory all the same...

aha, I have a brucie bonus question...What if you're not really experiencing God, but are in fact being misled by one of your mates? Or your son from the future, who has come back in time to make sure you meet a certain woman ie, his mama? I'm sure you know where I'm going with this...Remember, Marty McFly hassling mad Crispin Glover in his bedroom back in 1955...don't tell me this kind of scenaio hasn't crossed your mind at least once...

Thanks for reading Beatz...

There is no social truth in General Zod

www.yearzerowriters.wordpress.com