Why not believe?

jesusFREAK41
Theist
jesusFREAK41's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why not believe?

Heres the thing:

The basic reason for most peoples' disbelief in God is that they don't see evidence of God.  They say because they don't hear any booming voices or see something crazy and some because they feel like if there was a God, their life would be so much better, or the world in general. There are other reasons, but this is besides the point.  The fact is, atheists don't accept the evidence right in front of them.  There is an entire world, galaxy, and universe around us.  God's evidence is in His creation.  Trees, mountains, the ocean, stars, galaxies, and the people reading this post right now are all part of God's creation.  For there to be creation, there must be a Creator; a cause for the effect.  Now, you can say that all this came as a result of the "Big Bang," but that had to come from something, too. Existence didn't just happen, something had to start it.  Since this site is called 'rational,' let's be rational for a second.  How could something come out of nothing?  How could this immense universe just spontaneously exist?  Believing in an all- powerful God you can't see seems to make more sense than believing everything we know to exist just happened or came to be.  You may be able to poke holes of discrepancy into Theism, but God can take the root out of Atheism.

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

-Jesus Christ 

magilum
User is offlineOffline
jesusFREAK41 wrote: I

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

I refuse to argue any further.  It appears that all that I've said is futile and useless on all of you.  Do realize that I am not here to argue a point or to convince you of the existence of God. I realize that's what I've been doing, but I'm preaching to an unwilling audience.  My purpose in posting here was to try to lead all of you to the truth, but the Truth of God can only come to those who are searching for Him.  Say what you want, but you can't avoid the truth.  God can't be bound by laws or time; those are the facts.  That is my argument.  God can't be described by man, though many of us have tried.  I know that most of you won't accept this, but I pray that you do.

You literally couldn't put two sentences together without contradicting yourself. Someday, the mystics will be tried for the brutality toward the language.

jesusFREAK41 wrote:
"HE WHO HAS EARS TO HEAR, LET HIM HEAR."

-Jesus Christ

WHOA -- it's more convincing all the sudden.

cam
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

I refuse to argue any further. It appears that all that I've said is futile and useless on all of you. Do realize that I am not here to argue a point or to convince you of the existence of God. I realize that's what I've been doing, but I'm preaching to an unwilling audience. My purpose in posting here was to try to lead all of you to the truth, but the Truth of God can only come to those who are searching for Him. Say what you want, but you can't avoid the truth. God can't be bound by laws or time; those are the facts. That is my argument. God can't be described by man, though many of us have tried. I know that most of you won't accept this, but I pray that you do.

Mate, this is where it all breaks down. You expect us to beleive some outrageous claims because someone else said they are true. You realize that there are people all over the place with all sorts of different claims all wanting us to 'just have faith'?

It's bullshit mate. Give us a good reason and we might check out your ideas, but right now you have given us absolutely zero reason to bother with you.

And yes, I have been a seeker in the past, opened my heart, all that BS. Guess what, nothing happened.

I've also experienced 'god awareness states' during meditation. Guess what, it's all a chemical reaction in your head that stimulates your nervous system.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   Why not believe? I

Why not believe?

I believe 100%, god did it and I AM GOD. Can god explain itself ? , can we ? YES/NO

God is everything, so god is both knowing and not knowing , can ya dig ? "god is all things"

What has god done and what will god do ?

, we know and don't know. When will we accept that ? Or would we start/follow a religion of dogma ???

heaven/hell - plus/minus - infinity/zero

- peace/confusion - ying/yang  

, buddhists will say don't forget the "middle"

I like them folks .... check out some eastern/buddha comedy ..... Laughing

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

I refuse to argue any further.  It appears that all that I've said is futile and useless on all of you.  Do realize that I am not here to argue a point or to convince you of the existence of God. I realize that's what I've been doing, but I'm preaching to an unwilling audience.  My purpose in posting here was to try to lead all of you to the truth, but the Truth of God can only come to those who are searching for Him.  Say what you want, but you can't avoid the truth.  God can't be bound by laws or time; those are the facts.  That is my argument.  God can't be described by man, though many of us have tried.  I know that most of you won't accept this, but I pray that you do.

-Jesus Christ 

Well, at least you admitted you were preaching 

I'll agree that your God is not bound by any laws (not even the ones thagt he will gleefully throw people in hell for).

That's why he doesn't make a lick of sense. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

I refuse to argue any further. It appears that all that I've said is futile and useless on all of you. Do realize that I am not here to argue a point or to convince you of the existence of God. I realize that's what I've been doing, but I'm preaching to an unwilling audience. My purpose in posting here was to try to lead all of you to the truth, but the Truth of God can only come to those who are searching for Him. Say what you want, but you can't avoid the truth. God can't be bound by laws or time; those are the facts. That is my argument. God can't be described by man, though many of us have tried. I know that most of you won't accept this, but I pray that you do.

-Jesus Christ

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. 

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  hey  jesusFREAK41 ,

hey  jesusFREAK41 ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEBuPeiSLTw

just kidding,

I'll leave the door unlocked for ya,

you are a good dude .... just leave your b.s. on the porch before you come in ..... Wink  

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I refuse to argue

Quote:

I refuse to argue any further. 

The "any further" in this statement is unnecessary.

Quote:

It appears that all that I've said is futile and useless on all of you.

You couldn't string two sentences together without generating meaningless gibberish, yet you claim that the fault lies with us? Are you a parody or an idiot?

Quote:

Do realize that I am not here to argue a point or to convince you of the existence of God

*Looks at the mangled arguments of the OP*

Quote:

My purpose in posting here was to try to lead all of you to the truth, but the Truth of God can only come to those who are searching for Him

Begging the question and ad hoc. 

Quote:

Say what you want, but you can't avoid the truth

This statement is just as meaningful if directed at you. As it stands now, it is just empty rhetoric on your part.

Quote:

God can't be bound by laws or time; those are the facts.

Then all assertions you can or have the capacity to make pertaining to it are invalidated, and we have no reason to take you seriously, since you are asserting a thing beyond human cognizance, and, debatable though it may be, I at least think you are human and hence have only human cognizance and capacity. So, how came you by the knowledge to make your assertion? Could you please read my above post.

Quote:

That is my argument.

Your statement refutes itself. I have already established. You have not responded. You do not have the ability to respond. You are a conniving fraud.

Quote:

God can't be described by ma

Again refuting any statements you can make pertaining to it...

Also, ad hoc and begging the question. I am asking you how you know the assertion that you are making. How came you by the knowledge that this entity you are asserting is beyond human cognizance. The answer is, you don't fucking know, because if you did, it wouldn't be external to our cognizance. Honestly, it's like talking to an unusually stupid sponge. 

Quote:

How ironic that this clown attempts to imply that we are close-minded when he utterly refuses to be convinced by any intellectual case or argument!

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Larty
Larty's picture
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

You sir, are a complete failure of intelligence. Everything you say is edbunked and refuted a million times, and your response is the same deaf-to-reason, complete-logical-failure mess. You ARE here to convince us that there is a God. You clearly made the thread for this sole purpose. "Why not believe?" indeed? You make a point about God being impossible to comprehend, but then you state "facts" and arguments about God.

You are about as stupid as I was when I was at the age of 13 - 16, my strongest Theist years.

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

-Jesus Christ

Sorry, that repating trick doesn't work to manipulate me. Try something else. Oh well, you might as well fail at fear- and guilt-manipulating us.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote: I refuse to argue any further.  It appears that all that I've said is futile and useless on all of you.  Do realize that I am not here to argue a point or to convince you of the existence of God. I realize that's what I've been doing, but I'm preaching to an unwilling audience.

My $0.02: So that's it.  You responded to me personally...because you thought that all you had to do was explain away a couple of Bible difficulties, and I would show up at your church the following Sunday.  Sorry to disappoint.  But at least you admitted that your purpose in being here was to preach.

jesusFREAK41 also wrote: Say what you want, but you can't avoid the truth.

My $0.02: Back atcha, pal.  "Avoiding the truth" is exactly what I was doing in college.  It took me a (long!) time to come around, but now that I have, it's going to take a lot more than the "preaching" you've been doing to get me to reconsider.

Conor

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"Faith does not fear reason."--Pope Pius XII

"But it should!"--Me

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesusFREAK41 wrote: Heres

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

Heres the thing:

The basic reason for most peoples' disbelief in God is that they don't see evidence of God. They say because they don't hear any booming voices or see something crazy and some because they feel like if there was a God, their life would be so much better, or the world in general. There are other reasons, but this is besides the point. The fact is, atheists don't accept the evidence right in front of them. There is an entire world, galaxy, and universe around us. God's evidence is in His creation. Trees, mountains, the ocean, stars, galaxies, and the people reading this post right now are all part of God's creation. For there to be creation, there must be a Creator; a cause for the effect. Now, you can say that all this came as a result of the "Big Bang," but that had to come from something, too. Existence didn't just happen, something had to start it. Since this site is called 'rational,' let's be rational for a second. How could something come out of nothing? How could this immense universe just spontaneously exist? Believing in an all- powerful God you can't see seems to make more sense than believing everything we know to exist just happened or came to be. You may be able to poke holes of discrepancy into Theism, but God can take the root out of Atheism.

-Jesus Christ

I assume you mean the god of the Bible so...... well a disbelief in that a God exists because of no evidence of one is good enough for me. 

I don't need to hear any booming voices or even a little quiet on in my head. If there was a God well I don't think things would be much better. I'm here because my mother and father had sex. And just because you see mountaints and blah blah blah it's because God did it?! -_o Really? Science & nature is beautiful not because a God made it so....excuse me while I scoff but mountaints and oceans and all that is evidence to me. I personally am not to sure about the big bang but I don't think the universe became because Shazaammmm God made it happen. Being rational right now um BELIEVING in an invisible being does NOT make more sense. So if your God is all powerful and can take the root out of atheist why doesn't he or she do it? It's it part of his/her plan? When you talk to her/him and get an answer do let us know. 

Quote:
Religion at BEST - is like a lift in your shoe. If you need it for a while, and it makes you walk straight and feel better - fine. But you don't need it forever, or you can become permanently disabled.

---George Carlin---

CaliforniAthiest2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Many athiests agree that the

Many athiests agree that the existence of the universe and everything in it is puzzling. I myself was once a believer (southern baptist) but came to realize that there are too many things that christianity, or any other religion for that matter cannot answer. Human beings in general are just too simple minded to understand how a creator can exist without a beginning. This is probably the biggest arguement I have for the non-existence of god, but it doesn't mean god doesn't exist.

Theoretical physics is attempting to answer the question of where everything came from right now. Even if they find an answer it doesn't mean a god didn't create everything. The problem I have is not that a god exists or not, but rather the claims made about such a god. Many thiests try to tell me the earth is only about 6,000 years old and I just don't see it. This doesn't mean they aren't right, but these claims don't ever seem to hold water IMO. I don't even try to guess where we came from, it isn't important enough to even waste my time on.

This is my first post, so don't beat me up too bad LOL.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesusFREAK41 wrote: so

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

so we're not going to understand everything, and we don't have to as long as we have faith.

Yes, it's much easier to stick your head in the sand than crack open a biology textbook.

See, it's this faith thing that I think we atheists find most disturbing about your theism. God has a plan, you say. God is going to make sure everything is OK. Whatever he does, he's doing it for a reason.

But what if there is no God, and therefore he's not going to make everything OK? Then whose job is it to make everything OK? It's our job, and by "our" I mean humanity. While you're sitting there thinking God is going to make everything OK, there are really bad people out there doing really bad things that are f*cking things up for everyone else.

So it's your inaction due to your "faith" that really pisses us off. We don't really care if you believe in God or not. But if you're going to use God as a crutch, then we've got problems. 

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote: If

BobSpence1 wrote:

If whatever 'causes' some phenomenon to occur has to be at least as great, or greater than, or more complex, or more intelligent than, what it causes to happen, then we have a serious logical problem of infinite regression.

But if the 'cause' may be lesser, or less complex, than what it effects, like the last snowflake that triggers an avalanche, like the warm patch of ocean that causes a hurricane, the cloud of cosmic dust and gas that condenses into a solar system of star and planets, the formless solution of salt that crystallises into an intricate collection of regular solid shapes, etc, etc....then even an infinite backward regression may be traced back in finite time to an originating infinitesimal quantum twitch. Remember that we can specify an infinite sequence of numbers that add up to a finite sum, as long as each number is less than the one before by a constant factor:

1 + 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + .... = 2.

We see examples of order and complexity arising out of formlessness and chaos, not everywhere, but more than enough places and times to make the emergence of life itself on at least one planet in countless billions not too much of a stretch.

Heck, every time we see the complexity and consciousness of an adult human being growing from the union of two microscopic blobs of protoplasm, we see proof that complexity can grow spontaneously.

Great post. Smiling

To the OP: Google "cranes versus skyhooks." 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    I goofed , I don't

I goofed , I don't believe,

I KNOW 

Maytacera
Maytacera's picture
User is offlineOffline
My reasoning for not

My reasoning for not believing in god it pretty simple. No evidence...no belief. I'm not a "take it on faith" kind of person.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Maytacera wrote:

Maytacera wrote:
My reasoning for not believing in god it pretty simple. No evidence...no belief. I'm not a "take it on faith" kind of person.

What a killjoy you are. Are you trying to tell me that if I was a used car saleman, you would not be fooled by the, "But it is blue, your favorite color" argument?

JEEZE AND RICE ON A CRACKER! Next thing you know you'll expect me not to be a parrot. DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO THOR!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesusFREAK41 wrote:

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

-Jesus Christ

...what ? did you say something ? I can't hear you.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
jesusFREAK41 wrote:

-Jesus Christ

...what ? did you say something ? I can't hear you.

He who has brains let them think without a hand up their back.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
That pic is funny lol.

That pic is funny lol.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, it illustrates the

Yeah, it illustrates the point nicely doesn't it ? Wink

Maytacera
Maytacera's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sorry! I didn't mean to

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to disrupt your place in life...please, squawk at will.

dogg724
dogg724's picture
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

Heres the thing:

The basic reason for most peoples' disbelief in God is that they don't see evidence of God. They say because they don't hear any booming voices or see something crazy and some because they feel like if there was a God, their life would be so much better, or the world in general. There are other reasons, but this is besides the point. The fact is, atheists don't accept the evidence right in front of them. There is an entire world, galaxy, and universe around us. God's evidence is in His creation. Trees, mountains, the ocean, stars, galaxies, and the people reading this post right now are all part of God's creation. For there to be creation, there must be a Creator; a cause for the effect. Now, you can say that all this came as a result of the "Big Bang," but that had to come from something, too. Existence didn't just happen, something had to start it. Since this site is called 'rational,' let's be rational for a second. How could something come out of nothing? How could this immense universe just spontaneously exist? Believing in an all- powerful God you can't see seems to make more sense than believing everything we know to exist just happened or came to be. You may be able to poke holes of discrepancy into Theism, but God can take the root out of Atheism.

-Jesus Christ

You can call it whatever you want until you play by the rules of science and logic. You remain created and I'll just sit over here and "be."

Side note: How can something come out of nothing? The short answer is, nothing is too unstable. 

[i]You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
dogg724 wrote: Side note:

dogg724 wrote:

Side note: How can something come out of nothing? The short answer is, nothing is too unstable.

Theological non-positivism claims that the term "god" is incoherent because it lacks a positive definition. The same for "supernatural". "Nothing" can only be defined by what it is not. Is it not just as incoherent?

carx
carx's picture
User is offlineOffline
O theists don

O theists don

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   hey Maytacera, you

hey Maytacera, you doll, Get louder, make a fuss, get pissed please please. Luv your fury .... Laughing

NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
So to sum it all up...

So to sum it all up...

Everything complex requires a creator, however God does not. Furthermore I am sure that the creator is my God and not any of the others.

No point in arguing with somebody who is absent of logic.

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.

shikko
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

I refuse to argue any further. It appears that all that I've said is futile and useless on all of you. Do realize that I am not here to argue a point or to convince you of the existence of God. I realize that's what I've been doing, but I'm preaching to an unwilling audience.

Wow. I didn't think he'd actually admit he was preaching.

Goes to show me.

Quote:

My purpose in posting here was to try to lead all of you to the truth, but the Truth of God can only come to those who are searching for Him.

So have you wondered yet how your life (and death) would have turned out if you'd been born in a mud and wattle hut in Zimbabwe six hundred years ago with no access to this idea of Christianity instead of wherever you happen to have been born? Would you have been "searching for" god, or would you have burned in hell when you died? If you say the latter, do you think that's an okay outcome to that situation? Be honest.

Quote:

Say what you want, but you can't avoid the truth.

Here's the funny thing: the "truth" tends to change depending on who you ask. Given this fact, how can you rely on what you see as the "truth"?

Quote:

God can't be bound by laws or time; those are the facts. That is my argument.

That is a terrible argument. You will probably think "yeah, but that doesn't make it not TRUE!" but you have a problem...

Quote:

God can't be described by man, though many of us have tried. I know that most of you won't accept this, but I pray that you do.

...and it's right there. If man cannot describe god properly, that basically scotches your whole belief system, along with any hope you have with living your life properly. If man cannot describe god properly, you can't rely on anything anyone says about god; this includes: preachers, churches, your parents, the bible, your neighbours, your family and your friends. You just admitted they're all wrong, by definition.

So, what do you believe, and given the impossibility of gaining any valid knowledge about the situation, why do you believe it?

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

Maytacera
Maytacera's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well that was terribly

Well that was terribly random...is there any explination, or are you a bot?

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Why Not Believe?

Subdi Visions wrote:

jesusFREAK41 wrote:
For there to be creation, there must be a Creator

Who created the creator? Well? Who the fuck created the fucking creator? Why does your "logic" end with your creator being able to just exist but nothing else being able to just exist. Who the fuck created the creator? And when you come up with the answer to that give some thought to who created the creator that created that other creator...

Please pull your head from your rectom and give me an answer. My "soul" is waiting to be "saved".

Lenny

Thank You Lenny These were the first two questions that came to my mind Laughing

DeathMunkyGod
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Just out of curiosity

Just out of curiosity jesusFREAK41 but what creation?  I look around and see strong evidence that the universe exists, but beyond that I don't have enough information to conclude any cause.  Esspecially not based entirely on what I see.

Why is it a problem if an immense universe just spontaneously comes into existence?  As far as anyone can determine the matter and energy of the universe has always existed.  I don't see any reason why assuming a god created anything makes more sense, but i do understand how it's simpler just to assume that than to go through all of the hard work of trying to find out how it actually happened.

DeathMunkyGod
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jesusFREAK41 wrote: As for

jesusFREAK41 wrote:
As for the big question, where did God come from/ who created the creator, there is an answer which I am afraid most of you won't accept.  Simply, God is.  Often, when someone asked God who He was, he simply answered,"I am."  Christ also took this name once or twice.  The name 'Yahweh' literally means "to be." I say most of you won't accept this answer because it isn't hard evidence.  It is only what we understand from the Bible.  I'm just saying that when something comes from nothing, it just makes more sense to believe in the Divine rather than science.

'Yahweh' means literally the name of god, not "to be".  I've never found a single source that makes your claim.  It's just one proposed pronounciation of the tetragrammaton YHVH.  Funny story behind that.  After the Babylonian captivity many of the hebrews had adopted aramaic into their language.  Many of the aramaic words are similar but distinct in meaning from hebrew words.  As it happens the hebrew word for blasphemy in aramaic meant pronounce.  When the hebrews read the passage "thou shalt not blasphemy the name of the lord" they read it in the new language as "thou shalt not pronounce the name of the lord".  After this all hebrews started pronouncing YHVH, which is the proper name of god, "Adonai" which means lord.  Over time the hebrews forgot how YHVH is actually pronounced, to this day no one knows for certain.  Christian translators who were unaware of this convention or its origin pronounced YHVH as Yahovah using the vowel sounds of Adonai.  Modern scholarship suggests that the ponounciation of YHVH is Yahweh.  As for I AM, the hebrew word for I AM in the old testament and torah is HYH pronounced Hayah.

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

I'm sorry, but if it you need absolute, exact, hard evidence, then the Kingdom of God is not for you.  This sounds harsh, but it is true.  Belief in God is not about knowing, it is about believing. It's about faith, not science.  I should say, I don't believe in God because divine creation makes more sense than spontaneous existence, that's just what I bring up to try to convince you of the Truth.  I believe in God because of what I know He does in my life and the lives of countless others.

How do you know that it's actually god doing anything in your or anyone else's life?

DeathMunkyGod
atheist
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote:
I refuse to argue any further.  It appears that all that I've said is futile and useless on all of you.  Do realize that I am not here to argue a point or to convince you of the existence of God. I realize that's what I've been doing, but I'm preaching to an unwilling audience.  My purpose in posting here was to try to lead all of you to the truth, but the Truth of God can only come to those who are searching for Him.  Say what you want, but you can't avoid the truth.  God can't be bound by laws or time; those are the facts.  That is my argument.  God can't be described by man, though many of us have tried.  I know that most of you won't accept this, but I pray that you do.

That's fine except you have not established that anything you've asserted is true.

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline

jesusFREAK41 wrote:

Heres the thing:

-Jesus Christ

Consider the spoor of an elephant. If we see the spoor, we know it is from an elephant because we have seen the elephant make the spoor.

We see spoor = an elephant was here.

What gave you the idea that trees, the universe, oceans, etc. are the spoor of a God?

It seems like you are making a list of stuff and then saying its evidence of God.

"I have eggs, milk, a stove, therefore Pixies exist." 

So, what gave you the idea that a god would even leave a trail?  What gave you the idea that you have a grocery list of those things?  Why do all those things have to be evidence of your (or "a&quotEye-wink god?

Seriously, aren't you just creating your God to explain what exists? 

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov