Taking it to them

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Taking it to them

As I found myself frequently disgruntled by almost always being too late to respond to theists here, with anything more than "You got destroyed by DeludedGod and you didn't even get a lousy T-shirt" I decided to venture to pastures greener, where I could have some to myself!

What I found was a Catholic Apologetics forum!

I get the impression that they have very quickly given up on me for some reason. To be fair to them, they have been quite friendly to me, despite some indication of surprise that I am not out murdering and stealing when there is nothing apparently holding me back.

As far as these sort of things go, this is a pretty short thread, but please feel free to view it, call me out on my crap arguments, tell me what I need to learn more of, and let me know what points of theirs I should have called out a bit more:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=199822

As for me, my favourite bit was this:

theist: "So why do you exist? Would you like to know? If you were told the answer would you believe it?"

me: Sure, if you can back it up and not just assert something

theist: "I do not think there is much likelyhood that I can be of assistance to you in your search. Best wishes."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Pitiful. That theist sucks

Pitiful. That theist sucks at the internet/arguing/thought.

Teknison
Teknison's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just read the thread up to

Just read the thread up to grandfather's last post.

I think you handled yourself fantasicly and effectively. I have an extremly low tolerance for theist who use extremly vague words (soul, spirit, etc.) and definitions as though they have said something wise. I could not have kept the same composure. Awsome job.

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, do you have the "caring

Hey, do you have the "caring continuum diagram?"   Sounds fun.    "Could care less" drives me crazy too.

Milkshake89
Milkshake89's picture
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote: Hey, do

stuntgibbon wrote:
Hey, do you have the "caring continuum diagram?"   Sounds fun.    "Could care less" drives me crazy too.

I'm convinced that they actually say that to drive atheists crazy. 

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another thing you could ask,

Another thing you could ask, since they're catholic and all, is why Notre Dame sucks so bad this year if god exists and is on their side.   Should they not be undefeated every year with their holy rays?

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline