The Speed of Light is not instantanious!

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The Speed of Light is not instantanious!

I recently did an experiment and proved that the speed of light is not instantaneous! To all Fundamentalist Christians: there is no conspiracy that the speed of light is instantaneous, you can now stop believing absolutely in the bible without any regrets! It really WOULD take billions of years for light from other stars to arrive here! The Universe really IS more than 6,000 years old by all observable evidence! Yay!

Spread the word ppl.  Spread the Word of the Universe.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
God created the earth with

God created the earth with the light already in transit so we wouldn't have to wait for it.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, indeed. What sort of

Cool. What sort of experiment, did you use a light clock to measure dilation effect, like most Relativistic Kinematics experiments use?

Actually, if someone is retarded enough to say that light speed is instantaneous, remind them of this rather insignificant little set of solutions (sarcasm), the Lorentz Transformations and Einstein's solutions to Maxwell's equations.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: God created

magilum wrote:
God created the earth with the light already in transit so we wouldn't have to wait for it.

but then God would have, quite literally, lied to humankind.  He would have, quite literally, sinned by all biblical standards.

I am sure many christians would say that, if I were a geologist and had discovered a rock which proved evolution false, if I were to change its lead content to make it look older than it actually is then that would be a lie.  If God were to do such a thing, therefore, he would be lying. 

pwned Sticking out tongue

magilum
User is offlineOffline
RationalDeist

RationalDeist wrote:

magilum wrote:

but then God would have, quite literally, lied to humankind.  He would have, quite literally, sinned by all biblical standards.

I am sure many christians would say that, if I were a geologist and had discovered a rock which proved evolution false, if I were to change its lead content to make it look older than it actually is then that would be a lie.  If God were to do such a thing, therefore, he would be lying. 

God determines what is sinful, and those standards are set for man, not himself. Otherwise he wouldn't kill so many people all the time for no apparent reason. 

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: Cool.

deludedgod wrote:

Cool. What sort of experiment, did you use a light clock to measure dilation effect, like most Relativistic Kinematics experiments use?

Actually, if someone is retarded enough to say that light speed is instantaneous, remind them of this rather insignificant little set of solutions (sarcasm), the Lorentz Transformations and Einstein's solutions to Maxwell's equations.

it is quite simple actually, you could almost make it in your own house.  Here is how it is done.

You take a laser, a motor, a concave mirror, and a flat mirror.  You attach the flat mirror to the motor, rotating it at around 1600 rpm.  you point the laser at the rotating mirror when it is stationary, and then place the concave mirror where the laser is pointing.  The laser light should be reflected exactly back along its original path.  Now you turn the rotating mirror on, and measure the amount of displacement of the laser beam.  You see, the laser light will reflect off the rotating mirror to the concave mirror, it will then come back on only one path (due to the concave nature of the mirror), and by the time it gets back to the rotating mirror, the mirror will have moved a small number of degrees, therefore projecting the light onto a different path!  By measuring this path, and knowing the speed of angular rotation and the distance from the rotating mirror to teh concave mirror, it is possible to measure the speed of light!

here is a link with diagrams 

http://njsas.org/projects/speed_of_light/cache/2/lightspeedformal.htm 

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
    umm no god cannot

umm no god cannot sin, since sin is defiance of god's orders or a transgression of God's will, god cannot defy himself, hence god cannot sin. Sheesh such simple concepts.

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
magilum

magilum wrote:
RationalDeist wrote:

magilum wrote:

but then God would have, quite literally, lied to humankind. He would have, quite literally, sinned by all biblical standards.

I am sure many christians would say that, if I were a geologist and had discovered a rock which proved evolution false, if I were to change its lead content to make it look older than it actually is then that would be a lie. If God were to do such a thing, therefore, he would be lying.

God determines what is sinful, and those standards are set for man, not himself. Otherwise he wouldn't kill so many people all the time for no apparent reason.

damn... good point. 

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote: umm

latincanuck wrote:
umm no god cannot sin, since sin is defiance of god's orders or a transgression of God's will, god cannot defy himself, hence god cannot sin. Sheesh such simple concepts.

lump God's hypocricy in the Bible together with Original Sin and you've got yourself the "simple" basis of Christian ethics!  Oh, and kill all the homosexuals... and women are here to make men sandwhiches.  

Get me a sandwhich bitch! 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   RationalDeist, why do

RationalDeist, why do call yourself a D ?

and hey atheists, A ?

D/A , etc

hey it's me    G   O   D   ?  

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
No no no you have it all

No no no you have it all wrong, original sin, plus the jews are the choosen ones, unless of course if you believe jesus as your lord and savior then you get to be one of the saved ones, women are your property, you get to have slaves, oh and kill homosexuals, disobediante children, and unbelievers, and women cannot speak in church at all for any reason.

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote: No no no

latincanuck wrote:
No no no you have it all wrong, original sin, plus the jews are the choosen ones, unless of course if you believe jesus as your lord and savior then you get to be one of the saved ones, women are your property, you get to have slaves, oh and kill homosexuals, disobediante children, and unbelievers, and women cannot speak in church at all for any reason.

you missed the sandwhich again.  The Sandwhich is the most holy of the ten commandments.  When God had finished separating the red sea and killing all the firstborns and making Pharoh's heart hard, he demanded the Virgin Mary to make him a sandwhich.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   i think i get it now,

i think i get it now,  RationalDeist is a comedian ??? 

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
  I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:
i think i get it now, RationalDeist is a comedian ???

No, I am going to be Majoring in Quantum Physics and Chemistry to be a material engineer. 

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalDeist

RationalDeist wrote:

No, I am going to be Majoring in Quantum Physics and Chemistry to be a material engineer.

I wonder if Christisan universities offer degree programs for immaterial engineers?

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

slightlyoddguy
slightlyoddguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I wonder if

Quote:
I wonder if Christisan universities offer degree programs for immaterial engineers?

Laughing

I have to say, this thread is really making me reconsider Christianity. When I'm married, what will I tell my wife if she refuses to make me a sandwich? "If you don't, you'll burn in hell forever" is much more persuasive than "Pretty please..."

The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
slightlyoddguy

slightlyoddguy wrote:

Quote:

Laughing

I have to say, this thread is really making me reconsider Christianity. When I'm married, what will I tell my wife if she refuses to make me a sandwich? "If you don't, you'll burn in hell forever" is much more persuasive than "Pretty please..."

Pretty please?!?!  If your woman sasses you about doing her duty, just give her a taste of the back of your hand. 

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Vessel

Vessel wrote:
RationalDeist wrote:

with minors in Godtum Mechanics

...ok, that was bad.