Bad news for wanna-be ""blasphemers""

lookingup
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Bad news for wanna-be ""blasphemers""

Hey kids, Wow, this a very interesting site.  ...Someone has put in a lot of time and effort. ........... I do have a comment about your “blasphemy challenge”. .....You have hit on a subject that even a lot of “Christians” do notunderstand. ...... ............................ ............  The historical figure, a man named Jesus, was apparently drawing largecrowds by performing miracles and healing people. .....    .............    .His family and friends were beginning to think he was crazy, and they  had just made an attempt to (literally) grab him and take him home. .......   ....................................................           In the middle of all of this, the “holier than thou” religious, legalexperts were accusing him of being demon possessed, saying that it was by the power of Satan that he cast out devils and performed miracles. ......................... ............... ...........   ......     ...........  ..........  ..................   ..........    ..........     It was to these people that….. (According to eye witness testimony, copied by a man named “John Mark”)…….     ..................    ..........   ................  ..........   anyway, it was to the RELIGIOUS people, that Jesus was speaking, and He told them they were in danger of eternal damnation. .......Why?? Because they….THE RELIGIOUS LEADERS…... (Those who had copied the Old Testament and were in the temple constantly.... the ones who were supposed to be the “experts)…… They underestimated the power of God. ........Because these “RELIGIOUS EXPERTS” accredited the miracles they saw....first hand, to the power of Satan, and not to the power of God. ....And because THESE “HOLY MEN”…RELIGIOUS TEACHERS, WHO PROCLAIMED TOBE “GOD’S" "LAWYERS”,,,… … these men....even though they themselves had spent a lifetime studying, and copying the words of their own prophets….. .... Even though they knew the Words regarding the prediction of a “Christ”……even though they knew every letter of the law….. every mark….. every dot of the “word of God”…   Even with all of their "knowledge"..... they did not recognize the very thing they should have known best….the very word of God…..contained in and working through… The Word HIMSELF....the Word that was with God……and the word that WAS God…….this man….Jesus…… the Christ. ...........................................................The very Christ that they claimed to be watching and searching for. ...................................................................    

So, hate to be the bearer of bad news, kids: .................................................................. ANYONE THAT TAKES YOUR "CHALLENGE" IS PROBABLY INCAPABLE OF RE-CREATING THAT SCENARIO AND TRULY BLASPHEMING THE HOLY SPIRIT. .........................................THEY WOULD HAVE TO COMMIT TO A LOT OF STUDY FIRST, AND THEN SEE A MIRICLE STRAIGHT FROM GOD.......AND THEN SAY SATAN DID IT. ................................................................... ...  AND TO DO THAT: THEY WOULD ALSO HAVE TO TRULY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A GOD, AND TRULY BELIEVE THERE IS A SATAN.  ............................. ........................................................................... Sorry if this disappoints anyone. ........especially anone who had their heart set on a guarantied place in hell....there are no guaranties until you do the "appointed to man once to die" thing....then you get the judgement....until then....it's all up for grabs...even for the worst slimey sinner.............................................................

One other note: There is an interesting Bible that is not the normal “Holy Bible’ that people usually see. ................... It is called the "ARCHIOLOGICAL STUDY BIBLE" and it is full of very clear photographs of artifacts and even has translations of ancient writings that are similar to scriptures in the Bible. It’s also a good book if you like ones with lots of pictures. .......................................Another plus: it does not hide from criticism, and contradiction, but it openly discusses a huge amount of issues, doubts, and controversy............................  Many people who have studied Hebrew and Christian scripture, those who have studied ancient history, and also those that tend toward intellectual arguments, are fascinated by this book. So some of you may like it. Would it do any good to challenge you to go get a copy??  .....

....till then, find a good ol' boring Bible, and read... ......   Deuteronomy 31, verse 24

...... and Deut. 32, verse 3. .................. John, 1 verses 1 through 18  

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
lookingup wrote:

lookingup wrote:
However, belief is something that you have to admit is inside you. You have to quit fighting, railing and kicking against it, PAUL.

I don't believe. Stop fighting, railing, and kicking against that fact.

lookingup wrote:
Life on this earth is imperfect. There are too many human elements.

That is what you get when you have "free will."

Life on this Earth isn't imperfect because of the freewill of man. The hurricane does not form to ravish the life on this Earth because of man's decisions. Life does not have vestigial organs because of man's decisions. If you wish to seek an explanation for nature's imperfections, you'll need to search elsewhere than the mind of man.

lookingup wrote:
And it would be too simplistic to explain away all pain and heartache by saying that "there is no God."

Hardly anyone here says, "There is no God."

We say there's no evidence of one, or the notion of one is contradictory or nonsensical, and we do not have a belief in one for that reason. We then say that the existence of pain and heartache makes sense without a God and makes sense with various notions of God but it would be considerably difficult to make sense of pain and heartache if you introduce an omnimax God, which heretofore has yet to have accumulated the evidence in its favor that would justify the introduction of it to the mind.

lookingup wrote:
Hopefully, most Christians remember what it was like to not believe. And, hopefully, if they post here, you will see that they just want you to understand what they have experienced.

You make it sound as though my atheism resulted from pain and heartache. You are mistaken.

lookingup wrote:
I do not know; I don't think it is up to me or anyone else to "Prove" God's existence.

You may want to dare God to prove Himself to you. Just ask Him, or yell at Him, or maybe just "think" the challenge to Him.

Never can tell.

It is up to you or someone else to prove God's existence. Those who assert are those who must justify.

I get the distinct feeling that you have not return to converse with us because you seem to treat us as targets to convert with the use of a small sermon. Do you think some of the atheists here have never asked God to prove himself to them? I asked, multiple times, a few years ago and received no answer at all. Then it dawned on me that I was talking to myself.

lookingup wrote:
And still pray for those who do not.

Is there any particular reason you must tell people that you'll pray for them? I distinctly recall a statement from Jesus to the affect that you should pray in secret so you will not be as the hypocrites who announce their prayers so they may be seen of men. You might want to listen to Jesus and stop announcing your prayers.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Larty
Larty's picture
User is offlineOffline
lookingup wrote: You

lookingup wrote:

You would have to have walked in my shoes and seen through my eyes the things that I have seen.

I may not have walked in your shoes and seen through your eyes, but I have walked in the shoes and seen through the eyes of someone who believed in God.

It sucked.

Quote:

And it would be too simplistic to explain away all pain and heartache by saying that "there is no God."

I think quite the opposite. Everything makes much more sense, now that I don't believe in God. Instead of thinking until my head burst "Why did God do this to me? Why did this happen?", I think "Oh well, just a coincidence."

Quote:

That is the easy and broad way out.

There's an easy and broad way out? You want to be the wuss to go that way?

Quote:

Hopefully, most Christians remember what it was like to not believe. And, hopefully, if they post here, you will see that they just want you to understand what they have experienced.

What if those personal experiences are false, and have nothing to do with God? It would be the only life wasted.

Quote:

I do not know; I don't think it is up to me or anyone else to "Prove" God's existence.

Good luck with your "faith", then.

Quote:

You may want to dare God to prove Himself to you. Just ask Him, or yell at Him, or maybe just "think" the challenge to Him.

One night (when I was an Atheist) I was curious, so I wanted to see if I could get that "religous experience euphoria". I prayed for God to reveal himself to me, and asked for Jesus to come into my life.

Nothing happened.

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.